Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Aesrira Tiril'Taureba, Harbinger ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #35933
Show all folders

Aesrira (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 03:18 PM

#35933, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Aesrira Tiril'Taureba, Harbinger ..."

Well once again life has conspired to kill a character of mine. I was really hoping to play out Aesrira till age/con death but work and life... Well you know. It will probable be a month or two before I am playing again, even if it’s just as a casual player. I'm not sure I'll ever again be able to put in the time I did with this character. I burned a lot of hours, and all of them were fun. But, I still have a vague hope of Imm'ing one day, if I can ever find the time to devote to it.

Anyway, Aesrira was my first serious character after a two year break from the game. Despite having played for a long time, she was also my first attempt at actively PKing, outside of raiding and retrieving. It was pretty fun, I can definitely see why people like it.

One of the ideas behind this character was that she was a Mother, but would become more Crone'ish as she aged. Which in one sense means more active in PK. This allowed me to speak with the spirelings when young about changing, but lets face it, no amount of talking is generally going to convince a vindi, justicar, or provincal to come romp in the leaves. So instead, by focusing on the PKing as a means of teaching, we could speak about the hunt, the chase, or the blood call and the beast within as a means to freeing ones spirit. Ironically, this also meant that Aesrira really liked many of the Village and would often let them chase and poke her! She thought most of them, she called them wolves, were closer to being free than most.

As far as the Cabal goes, it is definitely my favorite. Of my last two serious characters, one was a Warlock the other a Sylvan. That should tell you just how long ago I've played! Sheesh. And how much the game has changed since then. Outlanders may have some surface similarities to the old sylvan but at its core it is a much different cabal. There is a depth and diversity that you just never got with the old sylvans. I was quite pleased and will be looking forward to coming back to the Cabal when I can.

And Oh, if anyone is interested, Aesrira is not dead, but has returned to the wilds to become the beast. So give that next gator you see a wide step, she might just bite!

Aesrira
aesrira@yahoo.com

Formerly,

Tinuthiel
Feirhuld

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply PBF, Martoonie, 20-Mar-05 06:01 AM, #59
Reply Thanks!, Aesrira, 29-Mar-05 09:22 AM, #62
Reply You and your damn Raven!, Uoukueal (Guest), 17-Mar-05 07:41 PM, #56
Reply Peck!, Aesrira, 18-Mar-05 05:04 AM, #57
Reply That stinks..., Tytin (Guest), 15-Mar-05 11:31 AM, #31
Reply RE: That stinks..., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 04:16 PM, #40
Reply My Goodbyes, Aesrira (Guest), 14-Mar-05 03:22 PM, #1
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Parantl (Guest), 14-Mar-05 04:06 PM, #2
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 08:18 AM, #25
     Reply Don't want you to think I don't care., Reggie (Guest), 14-Mar-05 04:18 PM, #3
     Reply When your right, your right., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 07:56 AM, #22
     Reply Well done., Lyristeon, 14-Mar-05 04:36 PM, #4
     Reply I'll be back!, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 08:45 AM, #27
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Mar-05 04:43 PM, #5
     Reply I'm going to miss getting the chance to pull your tail., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 08:29 AM, #26
     Reply This sucks :(, Atohner (Guest), 14-Mar-05 04:49 PM, #6
     Reply RE: This sucks :(, Viviarong (Guest), 15-Mar-05 08:13 AM, #24
          Reply Well you beat me to the punch, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 08:51 AM, #28
     Reply Now I can start playing outlanders again, TheRogue (Guest), 14-Mar-05 05:01 PM, #7
     Reply I wasn't there, incognito, 14-Mar-05 06:08 PM, #8
     Reply Hrm, The Rogue (Guest), 14-Mar-05 06:26 PM, #9
          Reply I had a feeling this was you., Lyristeon, 15-Mar-05 05:11 PM, #41
               Reply Thanks, TheRogue (Guest), 17-Mar-05 06:57 AM, #55
     Reply RE: Now I can start playing outlanders again, Valguarnera, 14-Mar-05 08:29 PM, #12
          Reply Well, Rogue, 14-Mar-05 09:27 PM, #15
          Reply Leadership in real life is different from cf, Daurwyn (Guest), 14-Mar-05 09:37 PM, #16
          Reply LOL I totally disagree with your post, sir nt, The Rogue (Guest), 14-Mar-05 09:38 PM, #17
               Reply maybe I've just been lucky in real life, incognito, 15-Mar-05 08:10 AM, #23
          Reply Well... indeed, Narissa, 14-Mar-05 10:08 PM, #19
          Reply Well here is a response, I hope you take it to heart., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 02:11 PM, #37
          Reply Thanks for the unexpected compliment., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 10:23 AM, #29
     Reply Mother Elder, Carijisdun (Guest), 14-Mar-05 07:13 PM, #10
     Reply Ah! Cari Girl!, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 11:20 AM, #30
          Reply A last request..., Carijisdun (Guest), 15-Mar-05 11:53 PM, #44
               Reply Email, Aesrira (Guest), 16-Mar-05 10:25 AM, #46
     Reply Burn treehouse burn!, Onirakoth, 14-Mar-05 07:33 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Burn treehouse burn!, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 11:51 AM, #32
     Reply Well done, Aerik (Guest), 14-Mar-05 08:33 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Well done, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 01:22 PM, #34
     Reply Bloody hell, now when I worked myself up over the plan ..., Viviarong (Guest), 14-Mar-05 08:39 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Bloody hell, now when I worked myself up over the p..., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 01:36 PM, #35
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Grurk Muouk, 14-Mar-05 10:00 PM, #18
     Reply Goodbye, Sister., Martoonie, 14-Mar-05 11:17 PM, #20
     Reply Well smack my tail! I knew I was going to forget people..., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 01:57 PM, #36
     Reply Awesome character, Drahke (Guest), 15-Mar-05 03:32 AM, #21
     Reply RE: Awesome character, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 05:12 PM, #42
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Innis, 15-Mar-05 12:36 PM, #33
     Reply She could be a confusing girl!, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 02:41 PM, #38
     Reply That's too bad..., Melacarfina (Guest), 15-Mar-05 03:01 PM, #39
     Reply Ah, the Trib I loved to hate!, Aesrira (Guest), 16-Mar-05 11:04 AM, #47
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Amaranthe, 15-Mar-05 07:58 PM, #43
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Aesrira (Guest), 16-Mar-05 05:06 PM, #52
     Reply Old people do get forgetful., Thays. (Guest), 16-Mar-05 01:41 AM, #45
     Reply Well just smack this old girl!, Aesrira (Guest), 16-Mar-05 11:19 AM, #48
          Reply There is something fascinating in that roll of dice., DurNominator, 16-Mar-05 12:59 PM, #50
               Reply I think they were nice forms for the job, Daurwyn (Guest), 16-Mar-05 01:34 PM, #51
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Noelani (Guest), 16-Mar-05 12:11 PM, #49
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Aesrira (Guest), 16-Mar-05 05:36 PM, #53
     Reply pfft not even a sentance saying you hated me?, Tolchec (Guest), 17-Mar-05 05:00 AM, #54
     Reply RE: pfft not even a sentance saying you hated me?, Aesrira, 18-Mar-05 07:46 AM, #58
          Reply RE: pfft not even a sentance saying you hated me?, Tolchec (Guest), 23-Mar-05 03:50 AM, #61
     Reply You'll be missed, Kallor (Guest), 20-Mar-05 11:44 AM, #60
          Reply RE: You'll be missed, Aesrira, 29-Mar-05 09:54 AM, #63

MartoonieSun 20-Mar-05 06:01 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2005
42 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#36096, "PBF"
In response to Reply #0

I had an extra five. Your role was WELL worth it. Again my sincerest thanks.

Martoonie.

AesriraTue 29-Mar-05 09:22 AM
Member since 17th Mar 2005
10 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36461, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #59

I appreciate the thought. The role was as fun writing as it was playing. I'm glad you enjoyed it too. Although, the best thing about it was getting the chance to interact with other interesting characters, yours included. I got lazy at the end because I knew the delete was coming, but I was looking forward to adding more specific character interactions into it. Especially with those in the Coven and Cabal.

Uoukueal (Guest)Thu 17-Mar-05 07:41 PM

#36044, "You and your damn Raven!"
In response to Reply #0

Always flying to at annoying times, I would have a polearm in my inv for your shift to Porcupine, but lost count of the number of times I have just put grip on when you flew to me. Eventually I took up the same tactics with you as I did for the chancellor.

<775hp 532m 582mv 21774 waxing outdoor civilized standing 10 PM> where[br/>People near you:
(PK) Uoukueal The Breaching of the Walls of the Ostalagiah Ruins
(PK) a massive raven A foul, twisting alley
A massive raven flies up to you quickly then slows to a near halt.
+*+*+*+*+*+AIR SHIFTER ALERT*+*+*+*+*

<775hp 532m 582mv 21774 waxing outdoor civilized standing 10 PM>[br/>You yell 'Help! I am being attacked by a massive raven!'
You parry a massive raven's claw.
A massive raven is in perfect health.
<100%>

<775hp 532m 582mv 21774 waxing outdoor civilized fighting 10 PM>[br/>Your chop MUTILATES a massive raven!
A massive raven has a few scratches.
<90-99%>

<775hp 532m 582mv 21774 waxing outdoor civilized fighting 10 PM> c blindness[br/>A massive raven appears to be blinded.
<90-99%>

<775hp 527m 582mv 21774 waxing outdoor civilized fighting 10 PM> fl[br/>
A massive raven dodges your chop.
<90-99%>

<775hp 527m 582mv 21774 waxing outdoor civilized fighting 10 PM> Before a fortified hillock[br/>

A massive, hunched figure is here, protecting the village throughout the night.
You flee from combat!

I think you got me twice once with the Villager Varun, man that was annoying, and another when I tried to hang in the fight too long and try something new.

Anyway fighting was our only real intereaction so I missed out on all your spanky RP. (I did try to converse a few times but you were always in form.)

Someday I'll think up an Outlander!

AesriraFri 18-Mar-05 05:04 AM
10 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36053, "Peck!"
In response to Reply #56

>Always flying to at annoying times, I would have a polearm in
>my inv for your shift to Porcupine, but lost count of the
>number of times I have just put grip on when you flew to me.

Interesting, I hadn't even thought of the side effect of grip. It would have made our fights more interesting if I had!

>Eventually I took up the same tactics with you as I did for
>the chancellor.

Yep, that works, at least for moment. All I did was fly away, cancel the blindness and come back. You must have known I would come back right? I mean how often do you get a one on one fight, which is what I was thinking when I found you alone near the giant.

>I think you got me twice once with the Villager Varun, man
>that was annoying, and another when I tried to hang in the
>fight too long and try something new.

Ah, the Varun fight. You have no idea how happy Aesrira was over that. She loved the idea of fighting alongside a villager. It was almost as much fun as when she could get two villagers beating on her. As I said, she really liked them, and Varun most of all. Afterwards I spend some time talking with him about that fight, which is probably why I didn't get a chance to give you a tell.

Anyway, after I had cancelled the blindness and was back in the air, I saw Varun coming, so in Aesrira's mind it became a race to the bone, you were the bone! I know for a fact Varun would have attacked me if he had seen me first while running to the village. I had spend a lot of time talking with him over that. However, I think he was gunning for you since he could hear over his cb that you were attacking. I doubt he even saw me till after he had you entwined. I was moving pretty quick to get the bite in first. The last thing I wanted was for him to see me lurking outside the village as he was running to defend. Afterwards, I have little doubt he would have attacked. I didn't even bother trying to loot you, it was never about the gear anyway. So as soon as you died I got my feathered tail out of there before Varun could put the smack down.

I did like your "Typical" comment. I thought it was particularly appropriate from your IC point of view. But I wonder if as a player you believed it? I noticed on the other forum, you posted some logs entitled "raid/retrieve on village, Outlanders defend". As a player you do realize that's not how it was working, right? As the leader at the time I can assure you we were never defending the village, or the fort, or any other cabal. As a matter of fact, we often made it harder on ourselves because we wouldn't work with them. Anyway, it was that kind of conflict that just added to fun in my mind.

>Anyway fighting was our only real intereaction so I missed out
>on all your spanky RP. (I did try to converse a few times but
>you were always in form.)

Ya, the bane of all shifters. I would have liked to speak a bit too.

>Someday I'll think up an Outlander!

I hope you do it's a lot of fun. I highly recommend it.

Good luck in your next.

Tytin (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 11:31 AM

#35976, "That stinks..."
In response to Reply #0

I didn't get my form until 50. I was even thinking about stopping at about 80xp to just so I could show you. Tytin really looked up to Aesrira. As part of Tytin, if you didn't notice I didn't care to talk much. Our interviews were horrible. I'd sit there talking and talking waiting for you to say something. I thought you were link dead. I've see you as an enemy and now seeing you as a friend I'm much more impressed. I think you did a wonderful job with your rp and pk. Oh, and just to let you know the snake didn't come out, but the Hyena. We'll see how it goes. I liked how we were similar, and I really wanted to have more "nibbles" with you. Talking with you have really helped my rp flourish and I thank you for that. Best of luck with your next.

Oh, and I will mention. When I had that little talk with you about greed. As a player, I was under the impression from seeing others interact that Outlander was only some big ooc ring, and Tytin wasn't invited. Of course, after our talk it seemed different. I know I am much more pleased with the cabal than I was the first few weeks of being part of it.

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 04:16 PM

#35987, "RE: That stinks..."
In response to Reply #31

>I didn't get my form until 50. I was even thinking about
>stopping at about 80xp to just so I could show you. Tytin
>really looked up to Aesrira.
>

I would have loved to see it but I'm glad you didn't wait. I remember when I was a rank from gaining my last and ate a mob death! It was frustrating to say the least. Ah! The hyena! Oh, you little tail puller you! I hope you have fun with it.

>
>As part of Tytin, if you didn't
>notice I didn't care to talk much. Our interviews were
>horrible. I'd sit there talking and talking waiting for you
>to say something. I thought you were link dead.
>

Well I hope your speaking of the first interview. The second was more along the line of what I liked to do and ended in your induction. During the first I was involved in a group trying to regain the fetish. We had just tried and failed and were regrouping. So I basically had a choice to either try and fit in some nibbling or put you off again. Considering it had been quite some time since I had last seen you, I wanted to begin the process before I had to re-raid. As to the format though, that was something I would sometimes do. The first meeting was all about the applicant's history. This would allow me to see if there was any reason to even continue to a second interview in which we would go over the cabal beliefs. It was the role play test if you want to think of it that way. It does generally mean you do most of the talking, and I could tell your character wasn't comfortable with it, but some times a mother just has to make her cubs do something because its good for them! Besides with all the group tell spam I was dealing with ment I was more silent than I normally would have been. I hope you liked the second interview better though. That's when we were speaking and Rilla was listening and chiming in from time to time.

>
>I've see you
>as an enemy and now seeing you as a friend I'm much more
>impressed.
>

Well now I'm curious! Your still active so I won't ask who, but perhaps when you delete in your death post you can mention it. I'd love to hear who you were.

>
>I think you did a wonderful job with your rp and
>pk. Oh, and just to let you know the snake didn't come out,
>but the Hyena. We'll see how it goes. I liked how we were
>similar, and I really wanted to have more "nibbles" with you.
>Talking with you have really helped my rp flourish and I thank
>you for that. Best of luck with your next.
>

I liked our similarities too. Coven shifters were among my favorites to interview because we could dig real deep into how our class interacted with both the cabal and the coven. I'm glad our talks helped your rp flourish, I can tell you it is a two way street. When your surrounded by good role players, everyone tends to get better, and I want you to know it was just as much fun for me too. One of my biggest regrets about deleting is that after having spent so much time emphasizing growth, I'm not going to be there to see just how "my cubs" do grow! I'm sure your going to do well though. Best of luck with your character, and I hope you have as much fun as I did.

>
>Oh, and I will mention. When I had that little talk with you
>about greed. As a player, I was under the impression from
>seeing others interact that Outlander was only some big ooc
>ring, and Tytin wasn't invited. Of course, after our talk it
>seemed different. I know I am much more pleased with the
>cabal than I was the first few weeks of being part of it.

The mother in Aesrira wanted her Moon cubs to feel like a family, so I was glad to be able to help.

Aesrira (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 03:22 PM

#35934, "My Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Now for the Good Byes

Writing these goodbyes is always hard when you have so much invested in the character. I'm sure I'm going to forget some people so if I do, just post and I'll reply.

Immortals:

To the Imms - You've made a great game. Even after a two year break it’s still great and if possible even better. As a player I've always imagined I'm weaving my character into a living novel, but that's not the same as setting the stage for the entire novel itself. The time, dedication and professionalism you put into the game is staggering. My thanks for that, I think your doing a great job.

To the immortal I spoke to about deleting - Taking the time to answer my question, showing an interest in my character, all the things I have come to expect from an Imm. If anyone is interested, the question I had was about rage deleting and reactivating. I had somehow gotten it into my head there was a way to confirm that it was not a rage delete so that it would go through faster. Most of you probably know there isn't, but that’s what you get for not having played since the new rage protection was imp'ed.

Amaranthe - Let me start by saying, Congratulations on expecting and I hope you have an easy birth and a happy, healthy child. It must be nearing now, so best wishes.

I remember a few months back, I was mid rank and rising, having a hard time getting a group, and a harder time getting in touch with you. It was then that I read on your forum what was going on and realized you had a lot on your plate. Yet you were still concerned with CF, and now I know you were pregnant at the time with one child already?! That’s the kind of dedication I'm talking about. I did a little more digging on your forum and read you liked in-game notes so I started sending them to you. I hope you liked reading them, I certainly liked writing them. You've created a rich religion, something a player can really dig deep into. It was a great experience and in many ways helped define my character.

I also want to thank you for taking a chance on the tattoo and making me Harbinger. It was a goal of the Character but keeping with my philosophy of growth I had back up plans in case another was chosen. It would not have been the happy Aesrira stomping around the tree, but a barren, bitter crone. Still it might have been interesting. Perhaps if I had been more interested in PKing, I might even have wished it. As it is I still prefer "nibbling a cub" to flying off to bite, but I'm glad I got a chance to explore that side of the game. I might even try for a more balanced mix between the two in my future characters.

Anyway, you’re the best. CF will be poorer for your absence. I personally can't wait to see you back playing even if it's in a more casual role.

Innis - I didn't get to know you as much as I would have liked, but I liked what I saw. To me you were kind, understanding, very much warm like the sun itself. It was a pleasure seeing you rise during my character's lifetime. I would have liked to speak to you more about your religion but in some ways doing so always felt like a betrayal to Amaranthe. I was pretty wrapped up in her religion. Instead, I settled for getting a glimpse through talking with the Sun Warden.

Lyristeon - Another great outlander imm. A perfect representative for the darker side of Outlanders. I enjoyed talking with you those few times. As both a player and a character, your religion was the hardest for me to wrap my mind around. That’s one of the reasons Aesrira liked digging on you. I have a feeling there are some nuggets I'm still missing. Perhaps one day I'll get a change to try it and see for myself.

Outlanders:

Let me start by saying I thought each and every one of you were well role played. As a player, one of my goals was to have the best role played cabal in the game. I tried to set a minimum for induction that was substantially higher than the rest of the mud and each one of you made that easily. For those I inducted/recommended that was a given, it was one of the reasons I spent so much time with each applicant. For those already in the cabal, well Tjok did a great job, period. I feel lucky that I had such great material to work with. The players really stepped up and came at me with great characters and interesting interviews. So here is a general thanks to you to you all. Thank you.

Drahke - Blackpaws! Loved the character. I especially liked how you spoke and acted regarding names. Tinuthiel tried something similar, she wouldn't speak to anyone that didn't introduce themselves, snobby elf you know! But you've taken it one step further. Very interesting. I still remember you talking about flesh mages and one coming when we were in the wastes. For some reason I was thinking either a necro or an enemy mage. So when Meronir showed up I was actually getting ready to attack till you said, friend. It would have been an interesting mix up. Anyways, the best compliment Aesrira could give is strong spirit, and I have to agree. Keep on biting, you've a lot to teach those spirelings! Oh, I really liked that blood ritual you were starting. Quite interesting.

Carijisdun - Ah! Sister Scorpion. As Aesrira said, some cubs just shine. I really enjoyed our interview. If I could have inducted you on the spot I would have. Now that Aesrira is happily living in a swamp some where, I can say it, you were her favorite step cub. I really enjoyed romping around with you, and was looking forward to several hundred more hours of it. There’s no doubt that if I had kept on living I would have started writing pages about you in my role. The only reason I didn't was I knew the delete was coming and there was so much else I had to do outside the game. Your a great character, keep the spirit and hit em hard!

Brulgbabauth - I wish our times were more compatible. I would have liked stomping around with you some more.

Aerik - Drunk! ... Well no but a strong, competent, well role played bard, you got to love that! I'm going to miss seeing which way your character grows. I think you have a great mix of hunting/teaching going on and I hope you keep it up. You definitely helped make my job easier. And as a porcupine, I just loved raiding with you. You sure made Aesrira feel safe. I wish we got a chance to stomp around some more but I'm glad you were there when I left to go off to the swamps.

Viviarong - A strong druid. It's a shame our hours were not too similar. I liked having you around and definitely liked your ideas with the seed. I was looking forward to seeing where it would go.

Reggie, Sivakar, Parantl - Ah, the invoker squad. You guys always had shields at the ready most often without me having to ask. Aesrira couldn't say thanks, she didn't believe in it, so let me say it now, Thanks! I can't tell you how glad I was to see invokers in the cabal. When I was inducted the only mages were shifters, and one mutter. I think the imms made the right call when they changed manacles. Its still not easy but you guys really showed spirit in being willing to raid and take the flag. Keep up the good work.

Tytinious - Well damn! I never got to see you find your next beast within as Aesrira would say! I hope you enjoy it when you get it. I was pretty reckless on that last hunt with Viviarong, part of it was the Raven role that was evolving but also part was that I knew the delete was coming and really wanted to see your next form. As a long time shifter I know how important it can be. Anyway, keep up the good work. It’s a shame we never spoke about the meaning of your beasts. I would have liked to hear which way you were growing.

Otzo - Ah, the Sun Priest! You practically glowed. I liked speaking with you. A shame I never got to finish the Raven story.

Biedal - Loved the eagerness you brought to your character. There was a youthful exuberance that was refreshing to see.

Cestileria - My biggest regret. You made a serious mistake, but I still wish I had handled it differently. If you had been trusting the cabal I could have gotten you away before it happened. If it had not happened right in front of me I certainly would have handled it differently. I spent a lot of time looking for you, but I never saw you again. I'm note sure if your character is still alive or not, but if not, I hope you make another outlander. You seemed new, but that just gave an enduring quality to your character. You are definitely the type of player I liked having in the cabal. Good luck in the fields.

Jekte - One of my favorite interviews. I was never so close to actually smacking my screen then when I was talking with you. I could tell from the start you had promise. You taught me something about patience and digging to find the root of the problem. Good luck.

Litai - Practically a healer in a can! Definitely an asset, I wish we got to spend some more time together.

Ukthan - Loved your choice of note. I thought that was unique and clever. I didn't see you much after the induct so I hope your just playing different hours. I tried keeping as open a schedule as I could to catch anyone who was playing what were to me the off hours.

Atohner - I put you through a rough process, for a hero coming to a cabal I thought it was needed. In the end I was willing to induct you. I liked the heart your character showed and your own take on magic. I hope you keep speaking with the next Harbinger.

Dankin and Praetor - Blame Roadrunner! My cable went down as I was getting ready to come interview. It’s a shame, I was actually thinking of doing your interview together and tag teaming you two. Might have been interesting.

Friends:

Rilliana - Sister! As you know, Aesrira believed in signs and portents. When Amaranthe gave me the chance to participate in your empowerment, Aesrira took it as the hand of the goddess guiding her. From that point onward she felt a bond to you that was not going to be broken, even if you do have a little dwarf stink on you now! Its kind of odd because we really were two very different characters, but united by the Coven. It was also kind of nice having someone who would call me crazy! You’re definitely another character that would have made it into my role. I was looking forward to many more hours of nibbling. I can't believe you were willing to stand out in the woods with us during a raid defense. It was clear everyone was going to make you a target. We probably should have handled that better but I never did like big group fights. All the spam just made my eyes water! Still it showed a lot of spirit from you which as a player I admired.

Joselito - Ah! You have got a respect a uncaballed willing to take a flag and fight the spire. You were a lot of fun to travel with. It’s been a while since I saw you, but I always liked finding another ally. They are few and far between.

Sindara - Sparrow! Another uncaballed bard willing to bite the spire stone! It’s a shame you didn't decide to become a outlander, I would have liked having you in the cabal.

Llyria - I'm glad we got a chance to speak before the end. As a player, I liked your idea and hope you keep working at it. Even if it doesn't go anywhere it’s a good vehicle for interacting.

Gerylanst - Despite the in-game banter, as a player I thought you were quite skilled. I thoroughly enjoyed all our fights, well except that one, but that was for principle. Keep on pecking.

Varun - I really enjoyed pecking with you, both fighting and speaking. It's a shame Aesrira didn't have more reason to bite, I would have liked to fight more.

Alidliril - As a wood-elf in battle you naturally drew Aesrira's eye. I was looking forward to more pecking on you.

Enemies:

Melacarfina - There was definitely a sense of betrayal Aesrira felt towards you. As a player I'm not sure if it was real or imagined. To be honest I'm too tired to do the search through all the logs. If it was it was long ago, but that was one source of her dislike for you. The other was that she felt you lacked the spirit to protect your "scaly bone" as she would say. This is almost certainly a one sided view since I'm pretty sure you did much more defending when Aesrira was younger. However, from Aesrira's perspective you were not coming and that’s all she could see. Later you certainly turned that around, especially that last fight. Took me completely by surprise. Very nice. As far as that offer to duel for the scales, as a player I wish I could have accepted, I really do, but Aesrira did not believe in them.

Onirakoth - Definitely a force multiplier. Though I do wish you would have done more than just smirk at me. Although, I can't say I did much to interact with you either. To Aesrira you were just that healer dog!

Asfas - Another force multiplier.

Tirnath - Fun to peck on your own, could be deadly with that healer, as you showed in Galadon. Very nice.

Noelani - A brave fighter. In a age where most tribs wont come to the tree without a herd if they think even one outlander is there, you did. Lots a fun. I'm glad I got to kill you once or twice. In case your curious, when I was fighting Mela and you near the refuge defense, it was your poison that finally got me.

Fal - Another Good fighter too. I enjoyed pecking with you. You tried a lot of clever things and weren't afraid to put your body on the line. It would have been a pleasure to die to you.

Akscereh - Creepy. I wish we could have sat down and nibbled the bone a bit as Aesrira would say, but between interviewing, doing at least some pking, and raiding, retrieving, defending, there just wasn't enough time.

Parantl (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 04:06 PM

#35939, "RE: My Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

*sniff* Parantl is very sad to see you go, you definately had a very
good "motherly" feeling you gave to all of us who Tjok was able to
induct before dieing... I shall definately remember all the few times
we had about 8 of us on and we just grouped up and ran over everyone..

ahwell... perhaps we shall meet in another life.... good char..

see you in the fields..

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 08:18 AM

#35970, "RE: My Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

I'm glad you got the motherly feeling, it was something Aesrira was working hard to give off. She was very fond of you too. You seemed to taking dying with grace. Something that is hard at times as no one really likes it. I also found you to be a very thoughtful outlander. I remember when I found the sky demon on your corpse and we had a talk about it. I thought you handled it perfectly. It was a small thing perhaps, but once you start getting the big stuff, its the small that begins to matter.

Anyway, I thought you were a great character and it would be a pleasure to meet again in another life.

Oh and before I forget despite reminding myself not to! Great Last Name! WolfPaw, you got to love that.

Reggie (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 04:18 PM

#35941, "Don't want you to think I don't care."
In response to Reply #1

However, i'll reserve comments until I'm gone, just know that you will be missed and I wish you luck with whatever you do next.

Reggie

PS I think lumping the three of us together is hardly a great goodbye.

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 07:56 AM

#35967, "When your right, your right."
In response to Reply #3

That was hardly a great goodbye and you guys deserve better. I think I was running out of steam by the time I got to you three. You can probably guess which ones I did at the end, they tend to be shorter too.

One of the things I absolutely loved about Reggie was his scouting reports during a raid. If they were sleeping, bleeding, wounded, infected with thorns or insects I knew. I know for a fact you helped me get a kill or two, as well as defeat a larger raid as the lone defender on more than one occassion. I liked it so much I made sure after inducting each new applicant to give them a talk on what they could do during a raid even if they could not fight. Now Aesrira wishing growth in her cubs only gave them one suggestion or two, but thinking back, I really should have sent them to you for extra lessons!

Anyway, I hope you have as much fun with the next crop of Outlanders and I did with you guys.

LyristeonMon 14-Mar-05 04:36 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
#35942, "Well done."
In response to Reply #1

I really liked Aesrira and her "mother-like" temperment. As a neutral player, I saw the nice and mean side which is how it should be done.

My religion is either very easy or very hard to grasp because there is no right or wrong answer to any aspect of it. It requires you to think outside the box. If you were trying to wrap your mind around my religion all you would wind up doing is frustrating yourself. If you can accept every answer as a possibility that just needs to be done, then you can understand how my religion works.

Hope you can get back on the bandwagon soon. CF thrives because of players like you.

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 08:45 AM

#35972, "I'll be back!"
In response to Reply #4

>I really liked Aesrira and her "mother-like" temperment. As
>a neutral player, I saw the nice and mean side which is how it
>should be done.

I'm glad you got a chance to see it. I never really felt I was mean enough, but trying to maintain that balance was very important to Aesrira.

>My religion is either very easy or very hard to grasp because
>there is no right or wrong answer to any aspect of it. It
>requires you to think outside the box. If you were trying to
>wrap your mind around my religion all you would wind up doing
>is frustrating yourself. If you can accept every answer as a
>possibility that just needs to be done, then you can
>understand how my religion works.

Well this is just intriguing. I do love a religion you can sink your teeth into.

>Hope you can get back on the bandwagon soon. CF thrives
>because of players like you.

Give me a couple months and I'll be back. No more year absences for me. I'm already missing Aesrira and looking forward to my next character. On the upside, I have plenty of time to flesh out a role I like!

Brulgbabauth (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 04:43 PM

#35943, "RE: My Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Nice character, and stylish.

You are right in that we did not tend to play the same hours, though I always got the impression you didn't know what to do with my character.

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 08:29 AM

#35971, "I'm going to miss getting the chance to pull your tail."
In response to Reply #5

I have this sneaking suspicion that the role of Nightreaver might in fact be the hardest to fill of all three positions. And your right, I didn't really know what to do with you. I was looking forward to learning though. The way Aesrira did it was by speaking and traveling, but since we rarely saw each other that was going to be hard! Still I figured I would have several hundred hours to pick on you! Anyway, congrats on being named Nightreaver, I know the few times we did fight together and speak I liked what I saw.

Atohner (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 04:49 PM

#35944, "This sucks :("
In response to Reply #1

Atohner - I put you through a rough process, for a hero coming to a cabal I thought it was needed. In the end I was willing to induct you. I liked the heart your character showed and your own take on magic. I hope you keep speaking with the next Harbinger.

The only thing that sucked with the process was that you deleted before my compulsory 50 hours or so of wilderness sitting is done (it still isn't, I'm afraid, though I don't really know how close I am to the minimum wilderness time for induction). New Harbringer, new tricks, and probably worse playing times than yours. You put me through rough process, granted. But it was also a process Atohner needed RP-wise.

But you were always on when I was, so I didn't get time to get bored and frustrated waiting for the Harbringer to show up. Things were going forward, which made it easy for me to stick in there. The not getting inducted for lack of wilderness hours part sucked though.

Well.. what can I say, Atohner is sitting in the bush, his beard growing and such, waiting for the Tir scent to go away.. Or should I say teleporting wildly across the continent?

Atohner ap Nep, Hedge Wizard.

Viviarong (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 08:13 AM

#35969, "RE: This sucks :("
In response to Reply #6

Don't worry we haven't forgotten you

I am sorry for being so absent minded in the interview I had with you, there was a lot of stuff going on at the same time as I tried to interview you.

It's not like you start from scratch with your induction, just keep trucking

Viviarong

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 08:51 AM

#35973, "Well you beat me to the punch"
In response to Reply #24

I was basically going to say the same thing. Its one of the benefits of having spoken to so many other outlanders before reaching me. I can't wait to see who will be chosen as the next Harbinger. One of the things I was really glad about was leaving the cabal with so many good choices for the post. So don't give up the struggle, I think your going to make a fine outlander.

Good luck!

TheRogue (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 05:01 PM

#35945, "Now I can start playing outlanders again"
In response to Reply #1

I cant count how many outlanders ive played before, and never did someone give me so much grief as you. Granted I went way beyond out of line after the fact, but outside chemical influences, compared with the frustrations of closeminded people like you.

I spent what... 2 hours, of you asking me the same questions, asking me to reinenforce the same points, etc. For what.. talk to elders? Several already had talked to me, and I think I have grasped the outlander concept well enough.

This is MY opinion based on that time only, but of that opinion... You were the worst interaction I have ever had, and I cant believe you even can tie your own shoes.

Aside from that, you were a leader and I never have been or probably will be, but Ill be god damned someone tells me I dont understand outlanders.

Im just glad your gone.

incognitoMon 14-Mar-05 06:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35946, "I wasn't there"
In response to Reply #7

But I notice that Aesrira said she wanted the best rp'd cabal. Is it therefore surprising that she makes you work hard to get in? Good on Aesrira.

The Rogue (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 06:26 PM

#35948, "Hrm"
In response to Reply #8

Well, I thought I was playing that character alright, maunsgut in question. Even though after the particular incident, I quit playing altogether of him mainly because I did go ooc after I just couldnt believe what was going on... and wasnt going to finish this character regardless after that.

I've barely played since. I'm just saying, I'm going to play outlanders again, since this type of person is gone. Because of the countless outlanders i've played, friends or not-friends in cabal i've had.. This guy was just being childish, and obviously not even paying attention until later on, and even then started just repeating. It was ridiculous.

Honestly, I was trying with Maunsgut... and you can't tell me, if I am honestly playing my characters RP out, to a cabal I've already gone into more times than I remember...

Well. Aside from Andrlos in the beginning, Tjok was the only cabal leader. Ok.. so maybe I put my foot in my mouth, different leader, different expectations.

Fine.

LyristeonTue 15-Mar-05 05:11 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
#35988, "I had a feeling this was you."
In response to Reply #9

I watched Maunsgut a few times. As an applicant, you killed Sivandar, an invoker who was already an Outlander. You killed a few times with no rhyme or reason that would coincide with being an Outlander. You were better skilled than most players for pk. But I saw no real reason as to why you should have been accepted into Outlander.

I do watch interviews quite often just to see how the leaders and possible future leaders are doing. I found Aesrira to be tough, but not cruelly so. There were times she was unbending, but always in a manner that was good for Outlander AND how her religion fit into it. But, she was also accepting of others who made solid arguments for their thought processes.

Good luck with the next one.

TheRogue (Guest)Thu 17-Mar-05 06:57 AM

#36027, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #41

Other than the w/o rhyme or reason part, but thanks.

I'll try to actively make more of an effort to up the rp a bit more, and be more open with my reasonings. The invoker I dont remember, but I could have been drinking.

Anyhow, point taken. I'll see what I can do.

ValguarneraMon 14-Mar-05 08:29 PM
6904 posts
#35952, "RE: Now I can start playing outlanders again"
In response to Reply #7

Aside from that, you were a leader and I never have been or probably will be, but Ill be god damned someone tells me I dont understand outlanders.

This is the point where your rant lost all credibility. If you haven't led a cabal, you're in for a surprise when you see what is entailed.

Having observed a couple of your characters myself, I'll say that you should probably withhold criticism of other people's roleplay and interesting-ness. They weren't horrible by any means, but nor were they standouts.

Back to the thread's topic: I accidentally saw a lengthy interview with Aesrira after going idle in Amaranthe's shrine after discussing *secret project which will debut soon-ish*. After browsing back to see what I missed, I ended up reading the whole thing. Aesrira was funny, stylish, and informed from what I saw, and tied in the animal-ish 'side' of her persona effortlessly. Later on I caught her mixing it up combat-wise a fair bit, and it looked like she kept things interesting on that front as well. Kudos!

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

RogueMon 14-Mar-05 09:27 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#35956, "Well"
In response to Reply #12

I made it pretty clear I don't play for immortal entertainment, or mortal. The rp of it all is fun, and the fact you say im not horrible, nor stand out, is pretty much Just where I want to be.

Like with Aesiria.. I just want to play my outlanders. And he was being childish, not listening, and talking in circles.

A very outlander character deleted because he was obviously doing something better outside the screen. Plain and simple.

No I havent been a leader, wtf does that have to do with credibility. I havent made a leader character in your game... GAME.

Believe it or not, I'm an adult in real life and understand what leadership entails.

We can leave it at that, or you can throw 2 more cents in.

Daurwyn (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 09:37 PM

#35957, "Leadership in real life is different from cf"
In response to Reply #15

As a leader in real life, you don't put up with the childish crap you have to on cf.

You don't get people you've never met from competitors calling you up and saying "You took business off my brother. I'm going to run your employees over in my car, repeatedly, until they're all dead and you quit." You don't turn up to work every day to find people complaining that your office is overpowered because you have a secretary and they don't. Not every employee starts screaming about "injustice" when disciplined.

I mean, there are similarities, but the average level of maturity in cf vs the average level of maturity in real life makes cf leadership a different experience.

The Rogue (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 09:38 PM

#35958, "LOL I totally disagree with your post, sir nt"
In response to Reply #16

nt

incognitoTue 15-Mar-05 08:10 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35968, "maybe I've just been lucky in real life"
In response to Reply #17

Or unlucky in cf.

NarissaMon 14-Mar-05 10:08 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35960, "Well... indeed"
In response to Reply #15

>I made it pretty clear I don't play for immortal
>entertainment, or mortal. The rp of it all is fun, and the

Bingo! One of the FUN aspect of CF is the RP part. However it is no longer fun when people think you RP-ed horribly when in actual fact you tried your best.

You have a perception of how RP can be fun as an Outlander. So do others. In as much as I disagree with your post, I will withhold any flames.

I'd prefer if you write in a positive criticism kind of way, which in the end will help others to move along their RP and CF life.

Cheers.

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 02:11 PM

#35982, "Well here is a response, I hope you take it to heart."
In response to Reply #15

As Harbinger, I was making a slight change in the direction of the cabal. And it really was a very small change, yet you could not seem to grasp it, despite my being as patient as Aesrira was wont to be. So you see, I don't care if you've had one outlander or ten, or if you had any friends or not friends in the cabal in the past. It's not like you were the first to miss this change. No other applicant got it either, but you were the first to have a fit over it.

And no I was not repeating myself nor talking in circles, you just kept missing the point and it was this, I know all I need to know, I've had 10 outlanders before attitude that was stopping you. In that respect you were the worst kind of applicant. In any event, you really have no one to blame but yourself. If you would have just listened for a bit you might have caught on but you didn't. You killed you own character with your in-game tantrum and now are coming here trying to put the blame on me. You really need to grow up and take responsibility for you own actions, that's what being an adult is truly about.

Now if you want a little advice, drop the attitude, you'll get a lot father in the game. As I told maunsgut, he had promise. In terms of role-playing, from what I could see in the one interview, you were at my minimum. So even if you went no farther you would have gotten in on that score. Actually, you have no idea how close you were to induction. We only had that one point left to discuss when you went insane.

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 10:23 AM

#35974, "Thanks for the unexpected compliment."
In response to Reply #12

Naturally I had no idea you were watching, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope my applicant did too, because I was having a blast. One of the best things about this character was finding a good cub to nibble on.

As far as the combat, I hope interesting isn't code for Dead Meat on a Wing! Just poking!

I couldn't resist.

Carijisdun (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 07:13 PM

#35949, "Mother Elder"
In response to Reply #1

Oh wow... I honestly did not ever see this coming. I LOVED Aesrira to death! She brought out the best in the cabal and well-represented the Harbinger aspect of Outlanders. I once saw Amaranthe write that she viewed Outlanders as a specifically neutral cabal, good and evil being more on the peripheals. Because of this, I think that the Harbinger really needs to be the strongest leader among the three moral ethics represented in the cabal. You did a wonderful job of keeping to that unspoken ideal. Aesrira very much was the heart and soul of the Outlanders, and I learned a lot from you as Carijisdun. I think it really says something when a character you interact with can affect your own roleplaying in a positive, beneficial way. As you had said that you really wanted the Outlanders to be the best roleplayed, it was obvious through your (painstakingly, at times)long, thorough interviews that you sought people who brought something to the cabal. I know some people want to compare you to Tjok, but there really can't be. Tjok's character and purpose and RP drive were completely separate and different from how you saw the role of Harbinger. If anything, I think you both had amazing and unique ways to express your thoughts on the leadership role and I see you both as equals. My only regret for Aesrira is that you weren't able to finish her. She was a solid, thoughtful, beautiful, ingeniously played character and she'll be sorely missed.

Good luck with all your endeavors and future characters.

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 11:20 AM

#35975, "Ah! Cari Girl!"
In response to Reply #10

The feeling is mutual and you said it better than I could!

I feel quite lucky in that with each of my last three characters I've met some of the best role players in the game and formed IC character changing relationships with them.

With Feirhuld it was Pylate

With Tinuthiel it was Dalnik

And now with Aesrira, I had two! Cari Girl and Rilla. Talk about luck, it was like striking a gold mine.

Oh, and having seen the caliber of your inductees, let me just say well done on that count too. I sort of stole them from you by calling them my cubs! I couldn't help myself. In Aesrira's world she couldn't explain in any better. Step cub really isn't right, so she just took em! What a snake!

One other thing has also become abundantly clear to me as I have been writing these goodbyes. I am going to dearly miss romping around with all the Tribe, but you most of all, Cari Girl! So here is to all the adventures you are going to have, May you have as much fun as I did.

Good luck, and hopefully we'll meet again in the fields in another lifetime yet to come.

Carijisdun (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 11:53 PM

#35997, "A last request..."
In response to Reply #30

Any chance on putting up an e-mail address? If you're uncomfortable with handing that out, I'll post mine when Cari's time comes and hopefully you'll drop me an e-mail.

Aesrira (Guest)Wed 16-Mar-05 10:25 AM

#35999, "Email"
In response to Reply #44

You can hit me at

aesrira@yahoo.com

I made the account when I rolled Aesrira in case I needed to email the Imms for any reason. Now that she is gone, I'd love hearing from you.

Oh, It's also up at the top too. That's my own post, I didn't wait for the death angel. Although it took me long enough to write these goodbyes, so I only beat it by two or three hours.

OnirakothMon 14-Mar-05 07:33 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2005
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35951, "Burn treehouse burn!"
In response to Reply #1

I'm just kiddin', gah!

I really thought you did well. I really would have liked to talk to you more, but Onirakoth is not what you would call a talkative guy, so it never worked out us "chatting." From what I saw, you did a really good job and I kind of wish that more Outlanders would show the kind of guts that you did. Good job for that. I guess it does make it easy to just fly away with the raven though, huh? Good luck with life, it is definately much more important than CF. It sucks to loose quality players, but at the same time, it is good to see people that know when they need to set it down and succeed in doing so. Best of luck!

That healer dog!

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 11:51 AM

#35977, "RE: Burn treehouse burn!"
In response to Reply #11

>I really thought you did well. I really would have liked to
>talk to you more, but Onirakoth is not what you would call a
>talkative guy, so it never worked out us "chatting."

I know what you mean. My usual avenue of speaking was mostly blocked. There no good way to bring up the grace of the hunt when you were keeping me at bay gnashing my teeth! I do remember you once asked if someone attacking the spire was a cub of mine. I didn't want to have to answer you so I looked around for another trib online and told him, tell your healer dog, yes he is.

>From
>what I saw, you did a really good job and I kind of wish that
>more Outlanders would show the kind of guts that you did.
>Good job for that. I guess it does make it easy to just fly
>away with the raven though, huh?

I feel the same way about you and the spire. Your a gusty healer no doubt about that. I was looking forward to exploring ways to stop you. There was much I could have learned in those fights we are never going to have now. As far as the raven goes, your right it did make it easier, but aggression was a timed factor in Aesrira's life. There was no doubt she was going to become more aggressive, however, the most honest answer is without the raven not as much or at least in a different way, but still aggressive.

But I also wish the rest of your "dogs" would show some more guts. Give em a whip for me! Your evil right? But seriously, some of the most memorable fights I had were when your spirelings would come to the Tree.

Anyway, good luck on leading, it can be hard, yours more than most. At least I didn't have a hundred howls in my ear over misplaced flags.

Aerik (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 08:33 PM

#35953, "Well done"
In response to Reply #1

You taught me a lot about patience. I wasn't expecting the interview
I got, but I really liked it. Rather than talking about predetermined points, we talked the way the conversation went. Definately one of the best interviews I've ever had. I learned a lot right from the start, and I wish we did more talking.

I also liked the way you would talk to people who'd come already expecting an induction, it made me laugh. I think you had a better grasp on Amaranthe's religion than I ever could, but I suppose it won't matter much soon.

Anyhow, we were good together, and you were always fun to be around. You could liven things up, and your speech was always very.. wild. It also rubs off on me (and the other Outlanders, I've noticed). When you, Brulg, and any other giants were around, pretty much the rest of the cabal began to sound like a tribe of giants.

It was fun though. Shame to see you go, but sometimes other things are more important.

Aerik

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 01:22 PM

#35979, "RE: Well done"
In response to Reply #13

>You taught me a lot about patience. I wasn't expecting the
>interview
>I got, but I really liked it. Rather than talking about
>predetermined points, we talked the way the conversation went.
> Definately one of the best interviews I've ever had. I
>learned a lot right from the start, and I wish we did more
>talking.
>

My interviewing technique was constantly evolving as I found things I liked and didn't like. It also depended on the applicant as well. You made it easy to use this kind of format for you seemed able to flow along with me. By the way, I just re-read our first interview. It was as fun reading as it was doing. I'm glad you liked it too.

>I also liked the way you would talk to people who'd come
>already expecting an induction, it made me laugh. I think you
>had a better grasp on Amaranthe's religion than I ever could,
>but I suppose it won't matter much soon.
>

Well its true her religion is going dormant so no tat, but there is still a lot to be gained. If you wish my advice, seek out any Amantharian priests and disciples of the harvest moon you can. There is at least one disciple still playing and he is quite talented and knowledgeable. It might be fun to try and piece together all the meanings of her religion. And like any religion it can really help guide or define a character. Myself once I received her tattoo, I didn't spent much time in her shrine. I knew her time was limited and there was so much that needed doing as Harbinger. Instead I tried to let the religion suffuse my being and be reflected in my every action. It was my way of honoring her, and was quite a bit of fun in and of itself.

I'm sure you don't need me telling you any of this, so just indulge and old girl.

Your quite the player in your own right, and it was a privilege to induct you into the way.

>Anyhow, we were good together, and you were always fun to be
>around. You could liven things up, and your speech was always
>very.. wild. It also rubs off on me (and the other
>Outlanders, I've noticed). When you, Brulg, and any other
>giants were around, pretty much the rest of the cabal began to
>sound like a tribe of giants.
>

Ah the language thing. That was a seed I planted long ago and wasn't really sure which way it was going to grow. I even have a role entry on it. In some ways I thought it was like a chameleon in me, a way to bond with my family. Later, I saw it as the beast coming out. It was quite flattering to see it catching on. Quite a few cubs would look at me oddly and complain I had them doing it!

>It was fun though. Shame to see you go, but sometimes other
>things are more important.

Yeah, but I'll be back. May you truly have as much fun as I did, because I had a blast!

Good luck and keep on keeping on.

Viviarong (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 08:39 PM

#35954, "Bloody hell, now when I worked myself up over the plan ..."
In response to Reply #1

I have been cursed at work, things look like they are about to clear now. I only had weekends, and then I tried to pull some hours (normally 4-6) before my wife wake

I've been around for quite some time now, and when I finally get to come a little under your skin you go around and delete. But one thing is for sure, the battleplan we were discussing in sitran will spring to life one day... And in a huge scale! I just loved the idea of how to use the different fractions and such.

I liked you char very well, and the few times we had mutual playing times towards the end, we seemed to end up together more and more. I liked it.

I hope the next Harbringer will set the same limits as yourself when it comes to the "spirits" of the ones he/she induct into the cabal, I really love how the cabal is right now.

I will work with the seed idea until I con die or age die, I am currently awaiting some answers before I take it to the next step. Maby you can be back in time to participate hehe

I am going to miss you in the cabal... And I really wonder who will be the next Harbringer...

Good luck with the life part I look forward seeing you in the fields in your next incarnation!

Viv

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 01:36 PM

#35980, "RE: Bloody hell, now when I worked myself up over the p..."
In response to Reply #14

>But one thing is for sure, the battleplan we were discussing
>in sitran will spring to life one day... And in a huge scale!
>I just loved the idea of how to use the different fractions
>and such.
>

This is music to my ears. One of the things I really like about your character is your willingness to get involved in player defined quests. You've got some great ideas with that seed of yours as well. I'm going to really miss seeing how it plays out. Oh, and don't forget the wood-elves! Though I am sure I don't need to remind you.

>I am going to miss you in the cabal... And I really wonder who
>will be the next Harbringer...

Yeah! I already regret it, but real life is a killer!

Your not the only one, I may just be sitting on the sidelines but I can't wait to see who is the next harbinger either!

>I hope the next Harbringer will set the same limits as
>yourself when it comes to the "spirits" of the ones he/she
>induct into the cabal, I really love how the cabal is right
>now.

Thanks. I did try to raise the bar a bit, but the players deserve the lion share of the credit. They really stepped it up and came at me with some amazing characters and ideas.

>Good luck with the life part I look forward seeing you in
>the fields in your next incarnation!

I'll be looking forward to it. Whether enemies or friends, hopefully will meet again in the fields.

Grurk MuoukMon 14-Mar-05 10:00 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35959, "RE: My Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

To the immortal I spoke to about deleting - Taking the time to answer my question, showing an interest in my character, all the things I have come to expect from an Imm. If anyone is interested, the question I had was about rage deleting and reactivating. I had somehow gotten it into my head there was a way to confirm that it was not a rage delete so that it would go through faster. Most of you probably know there isn't, but that’s what you get for not having played since the new rage protection was imp'ed.

Your Welcome.

Good luck!

G.

MartoonieMon 14-Mar-05 11:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2005
42 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#35961, "Goodbye, Sister."
In response to Reply #1

I wish I had been able to spend more time with you. Travelling and continuing our discussions. I'm glad you stuck it out and got, what it looked like from my perspective, your due. Our times started to gel less and less, but I always looked for you when I was on. I was glad that in your last days we got to speak, even if for just a few moments. I hope you liked the poem. I haven't been able to write anything since. Writer's block is evil, but after a Muse follower you tend to run low on ideas. I'll work on it. Thank you for the encouragement and the great roleplay. All around you were superb.

Dorthonion

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 01:57 PM

#35981, "Well smack my tail! I knew I was going to forget people..."
In response to Reply #20

>I wish I had been able to spend more time with you.
>Travelling and continuing our discussions.

Me too! I loved sitting and nibbling the bone with you as Aesrira would say. You were another that came along in the darker period of her life. It was during that time when she was having a hard time reaching Amaranthe and had yet to start writing her my letters. As I have said, Aesrira liked signs, so she also took your reading her your poem as a sign that she was on the right track. A poem I really enjoyed by the way, and I am glad you decided to share it with the outlanders. It actually helped inspire me, along with our talks, and the talks I had with Tiri. There's a few more Amarantherian priests and follows out them, maybe you fellows can form some sort of community to keep the faith alive!

As to traveling, you were definitely on my short list of fortress folk I would want along with me, dwarf stink and all!

>I'm glad you stuck
>it out and got, what it looked like from my perspective, your
>due. Our times started to gel less and less, but I always
>looked for you when I was on. I was glad that in your last
>days we got to speak, even if for just a few moments.

I hated the fact that our times just didn't sync up very well. I always sent you a tell even if I was camo whenever I say you on. And I can't tell you how glad it was to get a chance to speak at the very end. I wish I could have given you a hint, but I was trying to avoid a big goodbye. It would have just been too much!

>I hope
>you liked the poem. I haven't been able to write anything
>since. Writer's block is evil, but after a Muse follower you
>tend to run low on ideas. I'll work on it.
>

Ah writers block! I know it well. My writing centered on narratives in the form of essay letters, role entries, descriptions, that sort of thing, and even that could be slow going at times. Now Poetry that's the true evil if you ask me! I have great respect for anyone who can put their paw to it, so to speak. Myself, I dabbled in trying to write a poem similar to the style of the Amaranthe's altar poem, but I doubt I'm up to it. Its still sitting on my hard drive.

>Thank you for the
>encouragement and the great roleplay. All around you were
>superb.
>

I could say the same to you. I think we did good together, and am going to miss those interactions! Good luck with your character, May you have as much fun playing as I did.

Goodbye Brother!

Drahke (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 03:32 AM

#35966, "Awesome character"
In response to Reply #1

I loved Aesrira. A very well thought out character. From the beginning when
you were in the twenties and you and Jaeiin interviewed a high level Drahke I
could see you would be fun to be around. At first, I felt myself a little
lacking in RP and even though I liked your company I felt I didn't give enough
in return, feeling like a dumb giant. But fortunately, that changed. For
instance, that time in the coral palace when we were exploring and you
reverted from the alligator and started talking about something and then
drowned. I was a little at loss how to have Drahke deal with it, but then he
just made of fun of you in a dry way and you rolled with it. I think that was
when we (I, anyway) figured out how to behave around each other and it was
pure fun from there.

I liked the beastly influences of your character: The imagery you used in
speech, the urges. More over your character matured over its lifespan. The
young Aesrira was very different from the old one. Very, very cool.

I enjoyed sitting in on your interviews. Unfortunately, Drahke is not very
suited for discussion or philosophical investigations, because I sure would
have liked to chime in more often!

I think you did a very nice job on making an induction ritual. I could even
see it evolve as you fleshed it out more. It fits the cabal and I also think
it is nice for the players.

>Oh, I really liked that blood ritual you were starting. Quite interesting.

Well, it is something I would like to evolve as well. But at the moment, I
seem to be caught up in retrieving and re-equipping.

>I especially liked how you spoke and acted regarding names

Heh, I am glad you thought that. A lot of people (myself included) just find
it infuriating. It sorta hinders the quick cb-So-and-so-is-here-comments when
you can't say the character name or the area name...but aside from being
irritating I find it realistic enough. I can find my way in my town well
enough without being able to tell all the names of the streets from A to
B. Now if I had to do the same in French I would have some trouble and so
would the French trying to understand me.

My only gripe with you is that I didn't like how your speech degenerated. But
I think it was appropriate in so far as you seemed to become more and more
beastly and thus had less use for words besides the most basic. In the end you
became pure beast. A fitting end.

I will miss the presence of Aesrira very much. A large part of my enjoyment in
the outlander cabal is now gone. Drahke will miss Aesri too, but of course he
will never admit that. Instead he will take out his frustration on the cities
bringing fire and destruction all the while roaring.

Best of luck to you.

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 05:12 PM

#35989, "RE: Awesome character"
In response to Reply #21

>I loved Aesrira. A very well thought out character. From the
>beginning when
>you were in the twenties and you and Jaeiin interviewed a high
>level Drahke I
>could see you would be fun to be around. At first, I felt
>myself a little
>lacking in RP and even though I liked your company I felt I
>didn't give enough
>in return, feeling like a dumb giant. But fortunately, that
>changed. For
>instance, that time in the coral palace when we were exploring
>and you
>reverted from the alligator and started talking about
>something and then
>drowned. I was a little at loss how to have Drahke deal with
>it, but then he
>just made of fun of you in a dry way and you rolled with it. I
>think that was
>when we (I, anyway) figured out how to behave around each
>other and it was
>pure fun from there.
>

Well thank you for remembering that drowning! Just poking, that was funny. I seem to have a history of doing that at least once every time I have form that can go underwater, and besides Aesrira did have a big mouth! So it wasn't too surprising to me.

As far as any lack in the role-play department, I never felt nor saw it. In fact I thought you had presence. There was just something about you, big bear!

>
>I liked the beastly influences of your character: The imagery
>you used in
>speech, the urges. More over your character matured over its
>lifespan. The
>young Aesrira was very different from the old one. Very, very
>cool.
>

Thanks. This idea of growth was a major theme in Aesrira's life and one she was hoping to pass on to the cabal as a whole. I wish I could have gotten to see a young Drahke!

>I enjoyed sitting in on your interviews. Unfortunately, Drahke
>is not very
>suited for discussion or philosophical investigations, because
>I sure would
>have liked to chime in more often!
>

I can imagine, that's just one reason I could never do a role like yours. Good job, on that. I'd probably self combust before my computer screen trying to keep my mouth shut!

>I think you did a very nice job on making an induction ritual.
>I could even
>see it evolve as you fleshed it out more. It fits the cabal
>and I also think
>it is nice for the players.
>

Yeah, It was an idea I had been rolling around in my mind ever since Tinuthiel. I think inductions should be a big deal. Its a major change in a characters life and I wanted to see that reflected in the cabal. Of course, I could not order anyone to come bear witness, we're not the hated spirelings after all! So instead I tried to give enough warning ahead of time so that anyone who wanted to come would have enough time to get back to the Tree. I was quite pleased that you and Cari never failed to show up! It was always nice having you at my side when I was doing it. I also liked how you would take an active interest in showing the new cubs around. That was nice.

>>Oh, I really liked that blood ritual you were starting. Quite
>interesting.
>
>Well, it is something I would like to evolve as well. But at
>the moment, I
>seem to be caught up in retrieving and re-equipping.
>

Ouch! But you'll get em yet, we both went through some up and down times before. Spring will come again and you'll burn that spire down!

>My only gripe with you is that I didn't like how your speech
>degenerated. But
>I think it was appropriate in so far as you seemed to become
>more and more
>beastly and thus had less use for words besides the most
>basic. In the end you
>became pure beast. A fitting end.
>

I wrote in other replies how I came up with it. It was a seed and I had no idea which way it was going to grow. In the end I had to rush it a bit, because of the delete. I never even got a chance to update my description, I had several more steps planned. But at least it did give a good and fitting out.

>I will miss the presence of Aesrira very much. A large part of
>my enjoyment in
>the outlander cabal is now gone. Drahke will miss Aesri too,
>but of course he
>will never admit that. Instead he will take out his
>frustration on the cities
>bringing fire and destruction all the while roaring.
>
>Best of luck to you.

Well I'm going to miss you too big fella. Skin a trib for me!
Good luck, Blackpaws! I hope you have as much fun with the rest of your character as I did with mine.

InnisTue 15-Mar-05 12:36 PM
Member since 20th Feb 2005
106 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35978, "RE: My Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

Well, I am sorry RL inteferes with fun and claims another finely portrayed character. You were an absolute pleasure to watch...sometimes when I listened in, I could actually understand what you were saying.

You are correct in that you were part of a novel whose story is yet to be written. Your chapters in this wondrous book are something I am pleased to have shared.

Thank you for your kind words, and may you always find shade and water.

innis@carrionfields.com

Aesrira (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 02:41 PM

#35983, "She could be a confusing girl!"
In response to Reply #33

>
>Well, I am sorry RL inteferes with fun and claims another
>finely portrayed character.
>

It's a killer alright, but at least it gives me time to make up a new character for when I am free again!

>
>You were an absolute pleasure to
>watch...sometimes when I listened in, I could actually
>understand what you were saying.
>

Ha! That's OK, sometimes I actually confused my self! I'm glad you enjoyed watching though. It must be hard being an imm and not getting to play this wonderful game as much as you would like.

In case your curious, the seed of this idea was born from my past two characters. Feirhuld if you remember him let the beast roam outward over his body. He lived in an age before partial shifting.

( Absolutely brilliant idea by the way, I'm not sure I ever really used it for tactical reasons, but I loved using it while roleplaying)

But anyway, I basically took that idea and turned it around. Instead of outward, the beast would run amok inward.

Then with Tinuthiel we had the classic elven mage, very much the way I imagined Alanathariella to be. Aesrira took from her a total rejection of that way of teaching and academic thinking.

Put the two together and you have little girl capable of confusing even me at times!

Anyway, just thought you might be curious. It was quite a ride.

>
>You are correct in that you were part of a novel whose story
>is yet to be written. Your chapters in this wondrous book are
>something I am pleased to have shared.
>
>Thank you for your kind words, and may you always find shade
>and water.

May you continue to inspire the sun cubs for ages to come!

Melacarfina (Guest)Tue 15-Mar-05 03:01 PM

#35984, "That's too bad..."
In response to Reply #1

Just when I was getting back into things you go and delete. We've been foes for a long time now, and it's always sad to not have that foe around anymore. Mela had an "issue" of which I will not go over at this time and I stood down for a while. In Mela's eyes there is no reason why Tribunal should not have the scales. Not to mention Mela has a lot of pride. That time I wanted to challange you I was having my "issue" and I knew there was no way it was going to happen with all the Outlanders about. I think there was maybe 4 hero range on? Not sure. I thought maybe if I would challange you, then I could keep my "honor". Of course I figured you wouldn't do it, but I had to try something. True, for a long time I was half suicidal going to get the scales defending and such, but that can only continue for so long. Our last fight was pretty funny from my end. I kept wielding various staves rather than my staff to fight you, so you beat me up pretty hard. Then after we got the scales I was telling Noel to eat their pill so they would leave first. I knew the bard was somewhere, but Noelani (sp) wanted to get the fetish. So yes, I end up taking a fiend and a death. I thought it was pretty funny as a player.

I know some time ago we used to chat quite a bit after fights and such. I know once you called me a rabbit, for running off so quickly. Hell if I was going to stick around after eating an annilate from your gator. I know later you stopped talking to me after I patted you on the head, and that was the end of our rp. Which of course made me sad. I enjoy rping with my foes just as much as my comrades.

Good luck with your next.

Aesrira (Guest)Wed 16-Mar-05 11:04 AM

#36000, "Ah, the Trib I loved to hate!"
In response to Reply #39

>
>Just when I was getting back into things you go and delete.
>We've been foes for a long time now, and it's always sad to
>not have that foe around anymore.
>

You were definitely Aesrira's Arch-Nemesis. The one trib above all that she loved to hate, so to speak.

>Mela had an "issue" of
>which I will not go over at this time and I stood down for a
>while. In Mela's eyes there is no reason why Tribunal should
>not have the scales. Not to mention Mela has a lot of pride.
>That time I wanted to challange you I was having my "issue"
>and I knew there was no way it was going to happen with all
>the Outlanders about. I think there was maybe 4 hero range
>on? Not sure. I thought maybe if I would challange you, then
>I could keep my "honor". Of course I figured you wouldn't do
>it, but I had to try something.
>

I could tell, its fun having complicated, interesting enemies. They are the best kind. Ah! Pride and Honor, just two more examples of how opposed we were on just about every level. Aesrira didn't believe in either.

>
>True, for a long time I was
>half suicidal going to get the scales defending and such, but
>that can only continue for so long.
>

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a couple of three death days and they can be hard. I also had a string of days where I would die once a login. So I lived most of her life in my regear set, which was fine with me. There were just too many other interesting things to do than gather gear. There were a few pieces I liked for role play reasons but other than that I let the gear flow.

>
>Our last fight was pretty
>funny from my end. I kept wielding various staves rather than
>my staff to fight you, so you beat me up pretty hard. Then
>after we got the scales I was telling Noel to eat their pill
>so they would leave first. I knew the bard was somewhere, but
>Noelani (sp) wanted to get the fetish. So yes, I end up
>taking a fiend and a death. I thought it was pretty funny as
>a player.
>

I've done that before too. Actually, from my end, you took me completely by surprise. I don't know what I was thinking but I was so focused on Noelami I never even thought about you. It had been so long since we had the chance to fight I guess I got out of the habit of putting you at the top of my list to peck! Anyway, when you started singing, I was thinking, oh great my bard is here helping me! Next thing I know I'm sleeping! Very nice.

>I know some time ago we used to chat quite a bit after fights
>and such. I know once you called me a rabbit, for running off
>so quickly. Hell if I was going to stick around after eating
>an annilate from your gator. I know later you stopped talking
>to me after I patted you on the head, and that was the end of
>our rp. Which of course made me sad. I enjoy rping with my
>foes just as much as my comrades.
>

Ah, I remember that day well in Udgaard well. Actually, I was so behind the times I thought it was still a protected city at that point. I only checked help laws later to find out it wasn't.

As far as calling you rabbit, I think it was deer, I could be wrong but I didn't start thinking of rabbits till Kallor started speaking of them. To Aesrira, there was no shame in being a deer/rabbit, only in not knowing you were one. Also, since beasts tended to be fluid in her, she thought it was perfectly fine to be the rabbit one day and the wolf the next. But that goes to pride, as most people took it as a insult, to her it wasn't. It was more a matter of being and freedom of spirit.

Ah! The pat on the head! Yep, that just set Aesrira foaming at the mouth. Doing that was like treating her as a dog, it was as if you had treated her like a slave. But that wasn't an end to our roleplay, at least from Aesrira's perspective. She talked about you alot. Used you as an example with her "cubs" when teaching and smiled every time she got to drink sweet water from one of your skins! So instead of interacting directly with you, it just sort of moved to an indirect interaction, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, good luck to you too. I'm glad your back and having fun.

AmarantheTue 15-Mar-05 07:58 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#35994, "RE: My Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I'm sorry to see you go as well. I'm glad you enjoyed the character and I'm sorry I couldn't be around to give you an interesting send-off (though I did do a little global echo when I logged on later that night about a raven flying off into the distance.

When you were made Harbinger I said you had big footsteps to follow - both literally and figuratively, in relation to serving as Harbinger after Tjok's long run. I would do Tjok an injustice to say you filled those footsteps from end-to-end, but you did a very admirable job, perhaps even better than I expected (and I had good expectations to begin with!). I can't think of a better Outlander to have served as Harbinger in Tjok's wake.

And I'm not going anywhere really.. I have sort of considered CF to be a permanent hobby of mine, as long as it's around, even if it's a different kind of hobby than it was in my responsibility-free youth. (College finals are cakecrumbs compared to children!) While other stay-at-home-moms complain that they feel their minds are turning to babyfood mush, I always feel I have an engaging and creative escape in CF, and players like you are a big part of what make it so.

And yes, I did enjoy the notes. I think I mention it on my PBF comments but just in case you don't get one, those notes contributed to a different tattoo experience than I normally do. After so many thoughtful and well-composed notes and a lot of waiting, I didn't feel justified in making Aesrira go through my usual hoop-jumping to get a tattoo.

Thanks for the wishes for an easy birth. It was a rough run last time around. That "enduring-adversity-with-grace-Mother-roleplay" ain't just fantasy - it comes from real life experience.

I hope to see you around in the future with great characters to come.

Aesrira (Guest)Wed 16-Mar-05 05:06 PM

#36006, "RE: My Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #43

>I'm sorry to see you go as well. I'm glad you enjoyed the
>character and I'm sorry I couldn't be around to give you an
>interesting send-off (though I did do a little global echo
>when I logged on later that night about a raven flying off
>into the distance.
>

Ah, thats OK. I would have loved to see you once more in the game, but to tell you the truth, Aesrira felt like you were always with her. Besides, Good byes can be hard when you have so much invested in the character, and this one would have been rough. It was easier to just slip off into the night and find a nice murky swamp to fly to!

I would have loved to see the gecho though. Perhaps someone has it logged and will post it.

>When you were made Harbinger I said you had big footsteps to
>follow - both literally and figuratively, in relation to
>serving as Harbinger after Tjok's long run. I would do Tjok an
>injustice to say you filled those footsteps from end-to-end,
>but you did a very admirable job, perhaps even better than I
>expected (and I had good expectations to begin with!). I can't
>think of a better Outlander to have served as Harbinger in
>Tjok's wake.
>

Thanks, I understand completely and agree. Tjok was the whole package, PK and RP rolled into one larger than life ball. Besides, he was a hero longer than my character had even lived! That's actually one of my biggest overall regrets about this character, her premature ending. When I started her I felt a little rusty, but as time went by I could feel myself getting back into the grove. I'd have liked to see how me and my little girl would have grown over the next 400 hours.

>And I'm not going anywhere really.. I have sort of considered
>CF to be a permanent hobby of mine, as long as it's around,
>even if it's a different kind of hobby than it was in my
>responsibility-free youth. (College finals are cakecrumbs
>compared to children!) While other stay-at-home-moms complain
>that they feel their minds are turning to babyfood mush, I
>always feel I have an engaging and creative escape in CF, and
>players like you are a big part of what make it so.
>

That's great to hear it and feel the same way about CF. I can't see myself ever leaving for as long as I have in the past. Perhaps a short break now and again, and when I do return to play, I'll probably be more of a casual player, but I will be there!

Thanks for the compliment too. I kind of think of the players and imms as a team, all working together to bring this lush world to life. It's a wonderful creative release.

>And yes, I did enjoy the notes. I think I mention it on my PBF
>comments but just in case you don't get one, those notes
>contributed to a different tattoo experience than I normally
>do. After so many thoughtful and well-composed notes and a lot
>of waiting, I didn't feel justified in making Aesrira go
>through my usual hoop-jumping to get a tattoo.
>

Ah, I'm glad you liked them. They really were fun to write. By the way, I love your Temple, especially the poem. I have absolutely no talent for that! Very nice.

>Thanks for the wishes for an easy birth. It was a rough run
>last time around. That
>"enduring-adversity-with-grace-Mother-roleplay" ain't just
>fantasy - it comes from real life experience.
>

Yikes! Well I'll cross my fingers anyway!

Thays. (Guest)Wed 16-Mar-05 01:41 AM

#35998, "Old people do get forgetful."
In response to Reply #1

Heh, though I knew you wouldnt remember me. I think we ranked a little bit. But I was near hero when you came about. I remember we chatted a bit and I loved your character as Thays. Then came Ajelon and well Tjok inducted me again and I talked with you a very very little, but still who couldnt love you heh. Then came Wimarsu. And we talked a bit more at length, and I really got a lot out of our talks, so yeah. Thanks for teaching me quite a bit about RP and all that jaz. You were one of the people im going to rmeember for as long as I play. So thank you for teaching a lot. You can contact me at ilostmycoconut@gmail.com if you want to. Anyway. Thanks a lot. And good luck with work.

Aesrira (Guest)Wed 16-Mar-05 11:19 AM

#36002, "Well just smack this old girl!"
In response to Reply #45

Thanks, that's kind of you to say. I personally admire the range of characters your playing, as I thought each were well done. I've been in a shifter rut for years!

I especially liked little Wimarsu. As a matter of fact, I liked Wimarsu so much I accidently inducted him when I should not have. It's not that he didn't deserve it, it's just that at that time I was only suppose to induct neutrals. It's a shame you deleted, if not for Cari girl you could have been a contender for the next sun warden. On a side note, I definately think thieves are good for the cabal. They add a bit of diversity that's missing more often than not.

Anyway, you've had a string of solid, well done characters, keep up the good work!

And best of luck in the fields!

DurNominatorWed 16-Mar-05 12:59 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36004, "There is something fascinating in that roll of dice."
In response to Reply #48

I've been in a shifter rut for years!

What form will I get? A question that is always interesting as a shifter. I've haven't had a decent tank since Agantas croaked (you were there, so you probably remember how I gave up in the end and decided to die to your porc/gator), and that was a fun character, though the characters after him have been fun RP-wise, even though they are crappy tanks. I can easily see how you can get into that shifter rut, though I have decided to try the other classes now. Good luck with your next!

Daurwyn (Guest)Wed 16-Mar-05 01:34 PM

#36005, "I think they were nice forms for the job"
In response to Reply #50

Ignoring the raven form, porc is great for raids as a crim because spec guards can't help attacking and dying.

Noelani (Guest)Wed 16-Mar-05 12:11 PM

#36003, "RE: My Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #1

I never even talked to you really, with previous characters or my current one. It is obvious you had an enormous impact in the Outlanders. Your solid character coupled with a HUGE amount of courage really turned the tides for Tribunal on so many accounts. I hope you intend...no no...You BETTER make another character and keep the awesome RP coming! CF *needs* you!

On the other hand, this great burden is gone! Yay! You, and about two or three others, are potentially impossible for me to even stand up to--not going to give my secrets away though :-P But I will definately hang in there and try.

Now, Aessrira, it isss time for you to join forcesss with the dark ssside. The Tribunal callsss!

Good luck.

Aesrira (Guest)Wed 16-Mar-05 05:36 PM

#36007, "RE: My Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #49

>I never even talked to you really, with previous characters
>or my current one.

Well we were just getting started when I had to up and delete. I was hoping for so much more time to poke on you!

>It is obvious you had an enormous impact
>in the Outlanders. Your solid character coupled with a HUGE
>amount of courage really turned the tides for Tribunal on so
>many accounts.

Thanks! I still think of myself as a nibbler though! Being a defensive shifter really is a lot of fun, even if you don't rack up a huge kill count. Well atleast I didn't.

And let me say right now, despite the deer banter and questioning your fur, I thought you were quite brave. It really adds to the game when you have good enemies!

>I hope you intend...no no...You BETTER make
>another character and keep the awesome RP coming! CF *needs*
>you!
>

Oh, I'll be back, you can count on that! CF is about as addictive as crack, if the pushers ..Err Imms could find a way to market it, they could all retire.

>On the other hand, this great burden is gone! Yay! You, and
>about two or three others, are potentially impossible for me
>to even stand up to--not going to give my secrets away though
>:-P But I will definately hang in there and try.
>

Well from my limited PK experience, I think your doing great. I know what you mean though, there were a couple of characters that just could spank me around. I'm going to miss not having the chance to figure out how to handle them.

>Now, Aessrira, it isss time for you to join forcesss with the
>dark ssside. The Tribunal callsss!
>

I love the way you talk. After hearing it, and a few of your choice emotes, I got to talking with another outlander and we both decided there must be some snake in you. Which was odd, because for some reason you always reminded Aesrira of a cat. Don't ask me why, perhaps just her warped mind at work. Anyway, since she couldn't decide, she did what she always does and combined the two. Beasts are fluid right? You became the Snake-Cat, and thats how she began referring to you.

Anyway, I hope you have as much fun as I did. Snake-Cat!

Tolchec (Guest)Thu 17-Mar-05 05:00 AM

#36023, "pfft not even a sentance saying you hated me?"
In response to Reply #1

Anyway, seem to be well played, but I wasn't really sure how to handle your roleplay, you would never let me get a word in. anyway, good luck on the next.

-tolchec-

AesriraFri 18-Mar-05 07:46 AM
10 posts
#36056, "RE: pfft not even a sentance saying you hated me?"
In response to Reply #54

This was a hard one to write. Your still active so let me put it this way...

Aesrira would have said, Tolchec? Big paws. Little spirit. No fur. And as a player I'd have to agree.

I did think you were very skilled. I enjoyed all the innovative tactics you were working on me. That's the Big paws part. In another reply, when I was saying there were a few characters I just couldn't seem to get a handle on, well you were top of that list. I would have liked to continue trying to figure out how to deal with you.

>Anyway, seem to be well played, but I wasn't really sure how
>to handle your roleplay, you would never let me get a word in.
>anyway

Yeah, Aesrira tended to have a big mouth! Gator and all, you know. However, most of it wasn't intentional. It seemed the only time we ever really got a chance to speak was when we were in the middle of fighting each other. Sort of like that last raid where I was nibbling down the Captain and you were really putting it to me. I swear, without any added protections, I was getting away with less than 50 hps each and every time. Very nice. So I'd attack, sort of respond with a snipe of my own then have to go sleep to heal. I wasn't trying to avoid giving you a chance to banter, I rarely did that. I don't think its fair to snipe then go deaf.

Oh, and I did like that little slap about the orc you gave me when you were raiding the next time. Very IC, but you do know that was unintentional, right? I ended up spending the next hour or two chasing him. It was quite fun. I highly recommend giving an orc a bite or two! Besides, I think I got in a good remark when you were gloating about looting my corpse, you dog!

Tolchec (Guest)Wed 23-Mar-05 03:50 AM

#36205, "RE: pfft not even a sentance saying you hated me?"
In response to Reply #58

Thats tol for you, Ya, I knew you didn't have anything to do with that bashfest in MS, I was still sitting there like, "WTF, you gotta be kidding me?!" lol, anyway good times. As for the little spirit, I'm sure I know what this refers to, and I will post about that later. That damn air form *Grumble*, let me get this straight, it went a little something like this. chop, chop, chop, seeing health get low, td;war;crushingblow And every damn time, its like I loose you in the flight up, cursing. You and the osprey both. Anyway, I enjoyed your comments, though seemed a bit sylvanish *shrug* which I loved played back in the day. Anyway, good char, I'm hoping to see another quality character from you soon.

good luck,
-tolchec

Kallor (Guest)Sun 20-Mar-05 11:44 AM

#36098, "You'll be missed"
In response to Reply #1

You were cool and very useful as a scout. I enjoyed the talks we had even though sometimes I had to read your lines twice to understand. =p. Often outlander speech is worse than even L337 speak. Kallor really valued your porky and word of recall 'Kiss'. I thought that was pretty good rp there.

Finally, Was it you that started the new Outlander Induction style: 'One with nature'? (Trying not to say exaclty what it is..but you know)

Well, Be well.

AesriraTue 29-Mar-05 09:54 AM
10 posts
#36462, "RE: You'll be missed"
In response to Reply #60

Ha! Leet speak! I have no idea what that stuff means myself.

But at the end, Aesrira had pretty much lost interest in word order, verb tense and just about everything else concerned with language. Even typing it, I would often have to say things twice in different ways just to get my meaning clear.

As far as Kallor, I thought he was very cool towards Aesrira, something that I found very interesting and liked very much. You definitely made the distinction between yourself and the other neutral outlanders clear. I also got the feeling IC, that Kallor didn't like the "my cub" thing. It might have been different if there had been a Nightreaver and Sunwarden during Aesrira's younger years or when she was made Harbinger. But since there wasn't she sort of adopted all the outlanders into her own little family. It might have been interesting if it had worked out differently, but I liked the way you handled it. Very reserved, almost frosty towards her.

As to the induction style question, I'll take that up on Cari's battlefield post since she already addressed part of it.

Anyway, keep on Ambushing! It's always good to see a ranger in the Refuge.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #35933 Previous topic | Next topic