Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectWell smack my tail! I knew I was going to forget people.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=35933&mesg_id=35981
35981, Well smack my tail! I knew I was going to forget people.
Posted by Aesrira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>I wish I had been able to spend more time with you.
>Travelling and continuing our discussions.

Me too! I loved sitting and nibbling the bone with you as Aesrira would say. You were another that came along in the darker period of her life. It was during that time when she was having a hard time reaching Amaranthe and had yet to start writing her my letters. As I have said, Aesrira liked signs, so she also took your reading her your poem as a sign that she was on the right track. A poem I really enjoyed by the way, and I am glad you decided to share it with the outlanders. It actually helped inspire me, along with our talks, and the talks I had with Tiri. There's a few more Amarantherian priests and follows out them, maybe you fellows can form some sort of community to keep the faith alive!

As to traveling, you were definitely on my short list of fortress folk I would want along with me, dwarf stink and all! :)

>I'm glad you stuck
>it out and got, what it looked like from my perspective, your
>due. Our times started to gel less and less, but I always
>looked for you when I was on. I was glad that in your last
>days we got to speak, even if for just a few moments.

I hated the fact that our times just didn't sync up very well. I always sent you a tell even if I was camo whenever I say you on. And I can't tell you how glad it was to get a chance to speak at the very end. I wish I could have given you a hint, but I was trying to avoid a big goodbye. It would have just been too much!

>I hope
>you liked the poem. I haven't been able to write anything
>since. Writer's block is evil, but after a Muse follower you
>tend to run low on ideas. I'll work on it.
>

Ah writers block! I know it well. My writing centered on narratives in the form of essay letters, role entries, descriptions, that sort of thing, and even that could be slow going at times. Now Poetry that's the true evil if you ask me! I have great respect for anyone who can put their paw to it, so to speak. Myself, I dabbled in trying to write a poem similar to the style of the Amaranthe's altar poem, but I doubt I'm up to it. Its still sitting on my hard drive.

>Thank you for the
>encouragement and the great roleplay. All around you were
>superb.
>

I could say the same to you. I think we did good together, and am going to miss those interactions! Good luck with your character, May you have as much fun playing as I did.

Goodbye Brother!