Subject: "Cabals , items, edges, sterotypes." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62165
Show all folders

Gataliff (Guest)Sat 29-Sep-07 06:18 PM

#62306, "Cabals , items, edges, sterotypes."

With Gataliff's character mingling with everyone in various stages I am glad that I did not alienate to many cabals with my actions.

Battle:

Where do I start? I think this cabal I had the most fun with. It is a pity that your turn over rate was so fast as I would only just start to get to know people and then they would die of con loss or delete. There are many of you who I wanted to post replies for on the forums but then that time I wanted to spend playing and not posting replies , so I am sorry for that.

Those of you who were out and about alone and fighting big odds you probably encountered me a few times. You were also the only recipients of the first aid skill, which I must say never seemed to do anything.

I broke on a regular basis the "No healing" rule for you villagers, cleanse was your friend and with the ragged cloak I must have been a dirty surprise to the many necromancers and maledictors that had you spelled up only to start the fight and realize that you were not maledicted at all.

To those of you who I help with ambushes on xping groups, I hope you enjoyed the knowledge that they were half dead and that now was the best time to strike. I am sorry that sometimes you had to wait a little but the five or six times which it was done was a clean sweep and you normally nailed 2 or 3 of them all by yourself.

I never once was attacked or ganged by any of the villagers, even as a old rager myself I figured that I would be on some of your hit lists. Especially when I would balance the field and help an attacker kill you because you had a bard helping you and a hero bard at that.

Empire:

After the third Emperor passed I lost interest in roleplaying with the empire. Only on rare occasions did I gate to a few of you who were playing against the huge odds, Those of you I helped raid and retrieve I enjoyed it as you were killing machines that laid waste to everything infront of you.

For the times I helped retrieve against you or fought imperials at the palace all I could think of was that sooner or later I am going to encounter the gank squad and then I'll be in for a unpleasant ride.

Outlander:

I really wanted to mix it up more with this cabal and I had so much fun when I was playing around with you people. I think the laws were tested a few times and it was an area which I had not thought about. Offering prayers to a wanted person is obviously assisting them. Where do you draw the line however. I thought on this for a while, with all the retrievals and pking in town that was going on, which I was providing prayers for. I decided that as long as I offered the healing and the prayers outside of the fight It was fine, as soon as I started healing you in the fight it was not fine. I am uncertain who the immortal was or if there were more but that event that unfolded during a retrieval was so much fun and I did not want it to end.

A lone outlander and a rogue healer against four or five tribunal , the odds were huge but in the end we managed to pull it off. Achievements like that is what makes this game so much fun for me. Do things the easy way is never a challenge and nowhere near as rewarding.

Nearing the end I was saddened when you stoped asking for aid, and instead would just attack me for no reason. I assumed a immortal had issued a command to destroy the demon-blood on site. Well that is what I hope was done.

Tribunal:

Things started out well between us, that is untill Siloreelo showed his face. I am uncertain if it was part of his RP or just outright jealousy of the first set of equipment I had. Without any just cause siloreelo , you, ruined my experience with the tribunal. I went from criminal finder for the trib's that wanted to catch crim's outside of town and a perfect addition to a group for leveling to a snubbed outcast. Thanks for being a pompus #### head (Good rp if that was your role however.)

Telenon, I thank you for actually rping with both sides of gataliff. Even though the trip to your ladies shrine where divine deliverance was to be waiting resulted in fourty minutes of one sided rp with myself.

Scion:

I had a few encounters with some of you and I was very obvious about being flip flop. I would be preping warriors to retrieve or preping you to defend. I think this is when something got messed up and outlander started to attack me. So I chased a few of them down and then added them to my list on the desk of people to watch out for.

Victoria I am sorry that the other two unholies didnt get to you, to a few others who are still active I am glad I was able to help you out in those weird ways and I became envious of your characters.

Fortress:

I left you to last for a reason, mainly because this will be bitter.

Out of all the cabal's fortress was the worst combination of fools and tools. Idiots who thought gnomes who were immune wrath were more important to kill than the deurgar that was attacking the gnome. Even when said gnome was giving YOU sanc so that you could fight said duergar. This made me furious as it happened time and time again.

I would arrive and offer healing and prayers and get attacked by your own bloody cabal. I mean seriously whats your problem. Gataliff, not the hand, being all nice and friendly protecting you against the nasty dirty duergar and you attack her, WTF!

Leaders of said cabal and you elite rp of You follow a evil god you must die! You fight our soldiers, You must die! You are evil I dont want to talk with one such as you.

If it was just you alone, then perhaps I might have let it slide. When you issued orders to the others of the fortress to hunt me down I was really disapointed. You refued to rp, you based everything on a title and the stupidity of your cabal lowbies. Once, twice three times, five times. That was enough then I said fine If they do not want to recieve help and are going to insist on attacking me over and over I will just keep a wide berth.

The one kickass paladin who actually spent 30 seconds Rping with me and instantly knew the situation You were hero. Finally the good side of the role started to grow again. Unfortunately either you lost interest or were drawn away by the massive amount of crap that was going on in your cabal, I like to think the latter to be true.

I am sorry that we could not have continued our RP and you saving the gnome girl trapped inside. But when you loose the ability to wield a weapon and you suddenly cannot kill anything to buy yourself food and drink and fly potions and such, then your really screwed.

Uncaballed:

There was a wide variety of characters in the 35-45 range that were uncabaled, or were very sneak about being caballed. Many of you fit in well with my needs and I was always glad to offer you pact's or deals. Some of you had very very interesting characters and some of them even made me want to make a thief, or a ranger, or invoker (Joatra?) I always wondered if you were fortress or not as we held a good ongoing relationship regardless of the progression through gataliff's life.

To the many who became regular underdog fighters, asking for prayers, I also had a blast gating to you buffing you and then gating back to my xp group or the group I was pleveling. I am sorry if you met a queried retort as it often ment that you had recieved the opposite character than the one that knew you.

It was extremly hard keeping track of who met which side and which side remembered which players. It was two characters in the one body not just in role.

ITEMS:

The book, well I have to say this book is lethal, I mean really realy lethal. More so to the wielder than the recipient. When your int is down to 3 and you have +200 save vs Everything because you've been hurling acid blasts like a firework show things start to get interesting fast. This was the first cause of me getting slept at low ranks and killed by a shaman and necromancers.

The Gralikon, I was angered when this didnt work because I was neutral. I was more angry when it still did not work when I was evil. This would have really added to the rp as I would have had something following me around that I could have interacted with.

Pills, potions: I found some wonderfull preps that I might use with other characters, some of them are extremly overpowered others are a double edge sword, they either save you or kill you. I wish however there was some way that you could search a zone without getting attacked. Some of the area's I managed to explore are so detailed that I felt like I was reading a book, or watching an epic movie about some idiot playing a possessed gnome healer

Progged equipment: Some of these pieces of equipment are very very powerfull. I can see the appeal they have, but then there are also much better pieces to replace them with often. Good work by the staff on the balance of equipment.

Steroytypes: I really do wish players would be a bit more interactive. If you notice a change in a character, or a title, perhaps ask about it. Instead of moving them from 1 basket into another and then treating them as such. If you attack somone and they gate away or word and then start to talk to them, perhaps spend the 30 seconds and talk back. Those idiot's who continued to chase then became the one being chased I hope you can learn from that event.

Goods, bads, evils, chaotic, lawful, fence sitters. I apparently do not know other peoples view on how Cf handles these alignment and ethos. I can comment however on the playerbase as a whole.

Goods were either cold blooded killers, or nice and friendly (90/10)
Evils were either cold blooded killers, or work as a team people (40/60)
Lawful were always Judge first never ask later, ....... (100/0)
Neutrals were often random radicals (100/0)
Chaotic's well, myself aside I didnt see to many random people or quirky people. After one encounter or two I almost had everyone read like a motion picture.

I would love to hear the insight the immortal staff has about how evil neutral good are supposed to and act. As I am baffled based on the player base.

Edges:

Certain classes can get points for edges faster than others, pking seemed to be the easiest way for gataliff to get edges. I had a few and a few from winning the role contest, yet I still could not figure out what some of them did or how to get some of them to work.

Flaws: Well some flaws seemed to be very lethal indeed, I had narcolepcy which helped flip the character from good to evil and back again. It also made things interesting whilst leveling or pking as I would just slump to the ground in a magical slumber for up to 3-4 hours.

Magical transportation sickness was by far the worst. This was a disrupt organ side affect, emnetic poison, and random walking tossed in. Playing with this was such a handicap , it's duration was 5-7 hours and often left me wondering if the reward for taking this flaw was only 1/5th of the nightmare of having it was, then I should have been able to get 10 edges for free, I do not think there are many edges that offer anything as powerfull as what nasty side affects this has.

With time permitting over this long weekend, i'll see if I can make up one last post with some interesting questions for everyone including the staff.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [None] Gataliff the Priestess of Renewal, Dis... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 27-Sep-07 12:16 AM
Reply If someone is nice, pbf me? n/t, gataliff (Guest), 14-Oct-07 10:28 PM, #57
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gataliff the Priestess of Renewal,..., A goodie (Guest), 30-Sep-07 02:51 AM, #52
Reply Also on top of this..., Vlad (Guest), 30-Sep-07 06:04 PM, #55
Reply Cabals , items, edges, sterotypes., Gataliff (Guest), 29-Sep-07 06:18 PM #50
Reply RE: Cabals , items, edges, sterotypes., Braemir, 29-Sep-07 09:31 PM, #51
Reply To the people of Carrionfields., Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 08:38 PM, #24
Reply What the hell man., Thuul (Guest), 27-Sep-07 11:01 PM, #31
Reply I am glad I put you on edge. stxt., Gataliff (Guest), 28-Sep-07 07:04 PM, #37
     Reply Yeah, that's good entropy., Pro-man (Guest), 30-Sep-07 05:21 PM, #54
Reply Gataliffs weird last death, The Necro (Guest), 28-Sep-07 01:30 AM, #33
Reply I am indeed sorry. stxt, Gataliff (Guest), 28-Sep-07 07:14 PM, #38
     Reply RE: I am indeed sorry. stxt, The Necro (Guest), 29-Sep-07 12:45 AM, #44
Reply My thoughts on your character, Braemir, 28-Sep-07 08:29 PM, #42
Reply I always like to know my failings, thanks! nt., Gataliff (Guest), 29-Sep-07 03:41 AM, #45
Reply RE: To the people of Carrionfields., Victoria2 (Guest), 29-Sep-07 02:22 PM, #48
     Reply The Unholy weapons, Gataliff (Guest), 29-Sep-07 05:07 PM, #49
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gataliff the Priestess of Renewal,..., Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 01:12 AM, #1
     Reply Very, cool character., Cointreau, 27-Sep-07 05:59 AM, #2
     Reply Australia, stxt, Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:54 AM, #3
          Reply What's your AIM?, Cointreau, 27-Sep-07 08:44 PM, #26
               Reply RE: What's your AIM?, Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 09:21 PM, #27
     Reply You'll be missed, Durzan (Guest), 27-Sep-07 08:59 AM, #4
     Reply The balance of the scales., Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:22 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gataliff the Priestess of Renewal,..., ORB, 27-Sep-07 11:08 AM, #5
     Reply If you think this then I doubt you have interacted with..., Vladamir, 27-Sep-07 01:18 PM, #7
     Reply RE: If you think this then I doubt you have interacted ..., ORB, 27-Sep-07 02:38 PM, #9
          Reply RE: If you think this then I doubt you have interacted ..., Gatliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:36 PM, #19
     Reply I don't think that's fair, but:, Daevryn, 27-Sep-07 04:11 PM, #14
          Reply In defense of Cryadia., Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:14 PM, #15
     Reply I'm going to offer some hopefully helpful comments,, Vladamir, 27-Sep-07 01:14 PM, #6
          Reply He did win the role contest. And was excellenty rolepla..., CraftedD (Guest), 27-Sep-07 02:34 PM, #8
               Reply I didn't dispute any of that., Vladamir, 27-Sep-07 03:01 PM, #10
                    Reply Why award him full empowerment with the role than? nt, CraftedD (Guest), 27-Sep-07 03:11 PM, #11
                    Reply Vlad nailed this one., Lyristeon, 27-Sep-07 03:42 PM, #12
                         Reply Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, CraftedD (Guest), 27-Sep-07 04:03 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, Lyristeon, 27-Sep-07 07:18 PM, #16
                                   Reply RE: Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:33 PM, #18
                                   Reply RE: Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, Lyristeon, 27-Sep-07 07:42 PM, #20
                                   Reply Maybe you only watched the hours he was.. uh being a zu..., CraftedD (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:58 PM, #21
                                        Reply RE: Maybe you only watched the hours he was.. uh being ..., Lyristeon, 27-Sep-07 08:14 PM, #23
                                             Reply Thats kind of a one sided and psuedo arguement, Guy (Guest), 27-Sep-07 08:44 PM, #25
                                                  Reply To be perfectly fair to Lyristeon..., Vlad (Guest), 27-Sep-07 09:25 PM, #28
                                   Reply I also didn't get this from your role/RP FWIW (n/t), Daevryn, 27-Sep-07 08:01 PM, #22
                                        Reply RE: I also didn't get this from your role/RP FWIW (n/t), Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 09:34 PM, #29
                                   Reply RE: Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, Braemir, 27-Sep-07 10:18 PM, #30
                                        Reply RE: Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, Lyristeon, 28-Sep-07 12:11 AM, #32
                                        Reply The beef is.. Gataiff was not your character, CraftedD (Guest), 28-Sep-07 09:21 AM, #35
                                             Reply RE: The beef is.. Gataiff was not your character, Lyristeon, 28-Sep-07 09:48 AM, #36
                                        Reply My shinning star. Some bards are useless. txt, Gataliff (Guest), 28-Sep-07 07:53 PM, #40
                    Reply >role is no excuse to ignore alignment. Hahahaaaa lol!..., Enbuergo1, 28-Sep-07 07:57 AM, #34
                         Reply Role and Alignment, my view on it. txt, Gataliff (Guest), 28-Sep-07 07:36 PM, #39
                              Reply RE: Role and Alignment, my view on it. txt, Braemir, 28-Sep-07 08:00 PM, #41
                              Reply Your comments, stxt, Gataliff (Guest), 29-Sep-07 03:53 AM, #47
                              Reply I don't think you understand the alignment system at al..., Daevryn, 28-Sep-07 11:01 PM, #43
                                   Reply None taken, I am interested in your description however..., Gataliff (Guest), 29-Sep-07 03:47 AM, #46
                                        Reply RE: None taken, I am interested in your description how..., Whitehat (Guest), 30-Sep-07 04:19 AM, #53
                                             Reply Serious? txt, gataliff (Guest), 03-Oct-07 10:34 PM, #56
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62165 Previous topic | Next topic