Subject: "RE: (DELETED) [None] Gataliff the Priestess of Renewal,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62165
Show all folders

Gataliff (Guest)Thu 27-Sep-07 01:12 AM

#62168, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Gataliff the Priestess of Renewal,..."

This character was an attempt at playing the hardest possible character to pk with. It was also designed to be fun to play and be able to help others, regardless of level or cabal. It was also designed to bring back the entropy cabal, or it as a religion, with myself as an immortal.

I had been kicking this role around for nearly two years. Each month I would add another layer and see if it would function with the rest of the role. After I had enough depth in the character I decided that I would give it a shot and so this is what happened.

Character in brief:

Gnome girl, infected with the blood from Zurcon himself. This blood was contracted from Zurcon's prison. The six sides of ivory, the ivory box that the elves imprisoned Zurcon in. The girl was to be herself when she was awake and when she was asleep the infection would come out to play. What determined this was three things, Players, Narcolepcy & Int/Mana levels.

The pking side of the character was obviously the infection (the hand) and who it's target was chosen by fate. Which protection offered , evil or good. Only on rare occasions did I chase down and kill people who were really gunning for me. I was no mass killer. I found it interesting to see how people would react to being chased by a healer.

From level 11 I was chasing after people. Unempowered I still chased after people. I roleplayed my heart out and the early stages of the hand gaining sentiency and found it very very pleasant. After a request to speak with the staff I had a discussion with one of them whom suggested I stand tall and scream to the world to get noticed. Otherwise as a empowered character with no god I would go unoticed. This same staff member was kind enough to empower me a few levels, but also cruel enough to stop the level before sanctuary.

This did'nt stop me chasing people around and fighting anybody I cam across whilst the hand was in control. I ankle'bit and gathered a few useful pieces of equipment that helped me to continue on through the levels.

It was when I won the role contest that I thought I was on the right line. I gained full empowerment and kept up with my role play and player killing, or trying to. I knew that I had to play at peak times, so often I would get up at 4am, just so I could play when there were many others about. I also continues to play during my evenings. I had hoped this would help with the characters visibility to the playerbase and keep things interesting for me.

Every hour I played was action packed and highly interesting, I conversed with some major characters who came and went during the lifetime of this character. Each of them participating in my role or becoming part of it, even if I had to bend the truth a little.

The aim was to keep it fun and to give a character to the playerbase that could be used by all. Many people requested healing, many requested aid, others wanted to fight and some even wanted to talk. It was a lot of fun and more fun when people understood the role.

Things took a sour turn when I tried to involve Cryadia into the character. I figured with the infection being totaly instinct based and almost a viable scarab that she might show some interest. I guess that was the mistake that led to this characters down fall.

At first I was uncertain if turning evil was Cryadia helping me, or punishing me. My role had the possibility for the hand to take over, or Gataliff to cure the infection. So I took turning evil with a grain of salt and thought. I can make this happen It will be fun.

"It will be fun", famous last words? Perhaps, I logged in here and there seeking a few key people who were crucial to the said events and tried to RP with them. Their interest however seemed to dwindle as the days passed on. I was stuck in a rut and I did not know how to get out. I preformed rituals of item construct sacrifice time and time again, some even during peak playing time. Nothing. Silence.

Again I prayed to speak to a staff member I needed to know where I stood, what I had to do to continue with the character. It was here that the niceness turned to hatred. I felt as if I had done something wrong, that I had cheated and I was being punished. Punished for following my role. At least now I had some insight into what was required.

I continued to play and even managed to gain a level all alone and without empowerment. I was unable to use any prayers and knew that as soon as I died, or would die, that I would delete this character. I would be unable to bless a weapon to wield and were it not for the hammer pendants and cursed mace of air that I was wielding I would have been unable to do anything that I had done whilst unempowered.

I kept up with the Role play, and even bartered equipment and information with others to try and keep the ball rolling. Still nothing a few weeks later. I stoped logging in on a regular basis and only waited for when key players for my role were online in hope that they would be able to help keep character going.

Unable to wield anything, unable to kill anything, unable to buy preps, I knew the character would be dead for sure were I to die. It was hard enough covering the cost of fly potions and yellow flowers just to protect myself briefly. So when I was slept , for the 4th time in the characters whole life (divine saves, edges against sleep, 6 levels on the attacker) , I decided that I would delete as soon as I woke up.

If I have more time, since I am house sitting now, I will post comments about those I intereacted with.

Thank you all for the fun this character had at the start of it's life.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [None] Gataliff the Priestess of Renewal, Dis... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 27-Sep-07 12:16 AM
Reply If someone is nice, pbf me? n/t, gataliff (Guest), 14-Oct-07 10:28 PM, #57
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gataliff the Priestess of Renewal,..., A goodie (Guest), 30-Sep-07 02:51 AM, #52
Reply Also on top of this..., Vlad (Guest), 30-Sep-07 06:04 PM, #55
Reply Cabals , items, edges, sterotypes., Gataliff (Guest), 29-Sep-07 06:18 PM, #50
Reply RE: Cabals , items, edges, sterotypes., Braemir, 29-Sep-07 09:31 PM, #51
Reply To the people of Carrionfields., Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 08:38 PM, #24
Reply What the hell man., Thuul (Guest), 27-Sep-07 11:01 PM, #31
Reply I am glad I put you on edge. stxt., Gataliff (Guest), 28-Sep-07 07:04 PM, #37
     Reply Yeah, that's good entropy., Pro-man (Guest), 30-Sep-07 05:21 PM, #54
Reply Gataliffs weird last death, The Necro (Guest), 28-Sep-07 01:30 AM, #33
Reply I am indeed sorry. stxt, Gataliff (Guest), 28-Sep-07 07:14 PM, #38
     Reply RE: I am indeed sorry. stxt, The Necro (Guest), 29-Sep-07 12:45 AM, #44
Reply My thoughts on your character, Braemir, 28-Sep-07 08:29 PM, #42
Reply I always like to know my failings, thanks! nt., Gataliff (Guest), 29-Sep-07 03:41 AM, #45
Reply RE: To the people of Carrionfields., Victoria2 (Guest), 29-Sep-07 02:22 PM, #48
     Reply The Unholy weapons, Gataliff (Guest), 29-Sep-07 05:07 PM, #49
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gataliff the Priestess of Renewal,..., Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 01:12 AM #1
     Reply Very, cool character., Cointreau, 27-Sep-07 05:59 AM, #2
     Reply Australia, stxt, Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:54 AM, #3
          Reply What's your AIM?, Cointreau, 27-Sep-07 08:44 PM, #26
               Reply RE: What's your AIM?, Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 09:21 PM, #27
     Reply You'll be missed, Durzan (Guest), 27-Sep-07 08:59 AM, #4
     Reply The balance of the scales., Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:22 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Gataliff the Priestess of Renewal,..., ORB, 27-Sep-07 11:08 AM, #5
     Reply If you think this then I doubt you have interacted with..., Vladamir, 27-Sep-07 01:18 PM, #7
     Reply RE: If you think this then I doubt you have interacted ..., ORB, 27-Sep-07 02:38 PM, #9
          Reply RE: If you think this then I doubt you have interacted ..., Gatliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:36 PM, #19
     Reply I don't think that's fair, but:, Daevryn, 27-Sep-07 04:11 PM, #14
          Reply In defense of Cryadia., Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:14 PM, #15
     Reply I'm going to offer some hopefully helpful comments,, Vladamir, 27-Sep-07 01:14 PM, #6
          Reply He did win the role contest. And was excellenty rolepla..., CraftedD (Guest), 27-Sep-07 02:34 PM, #8
               Reply I didn't dispute any of that., Vladamir, 27-Sep-07 03:01 PM, #10
                    Reply Why award him full empowerment with the role than? nt, CraftedD (Guest), 27-Sep-07 03:11 PM, #11
                    Reply Vlad nailed this one., Lyristeon, 27-Sep-07 03:42 PM, #12
                         Reply Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, CraftedD (Guest), 27-Sep-07 04:03 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, Lyristeon, 27-Sep-07 07:18 PM, #16
                                   Reply RE: Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:33 PM, #18
                                   Reply RE: Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, Lyristeon, 27-Sep-07 07:42 PM, #20
                                   Reply Maybe you only watched the hours he was.. uh being a zu..., CraftedD (Guest), 27-Sep-07 07:58 PM, #21
                                        Reply RE: Maybe you only watched the hours he was.. uh being ..., Lyristeon, 27-Sep-07 08:14 PM, #23
                                             Reply Thats kind of a one sided and psuedo arguement, Guy (Guest), 27-Sep-07 08:44 PM, #25
                                                  Reply To be perfectly fair to Lyristeon..., Vlad (Guest), 27-Sep-07 09:25 PM, #28
                                   Reply I also didn't get this from your role/RP FWIW (n/t), Daevryn, 27-Sep-07 08:01 PM, #22
                                        Reply RE: I also didn't get this from your role/RP FWIW (n/t), Gataliff (Guest), 27-Sep-07 09:34 PM, #29
                                   Reply RE: Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, Braemir, 27-Sep-07 10:18 PM, #30
                                        Reply RE: Because you 'thought' thats what he wanted?, Lyristeon, 28-Sep-07 12:11 AM, #32
                                        Reply The beef is.. Gataiff was not your character, CraftedD (Guest), 28-Sep-07 09:21 AM, #35
                                             Reply RE: The beef is.. Gataiff was not your character, Lyristeon, 28-Sep-07 09:48 AM, #36
                                        Reply My shinning star. Some bards are useless. txt, Gataliff (Guest), 28-Sep-07 07:53 PM, #40
                    Reply >role is no excuse to ignore alignment. Hahahaaaa lol!..., Enbuergo1, 28-Sep-07 07:57 AM, #34
                         Reply Role and Alignment, my view on it. txt, Gataliff (Guest), 28-Sep-07 07:36 PM, #39
                              Reply RE: Role and Alignment, my view on it. txt, Braemir, 28-Sep-07 08:00 PM, #41
                              Reply Your comments, stxt, Gataliff (Guest), 29-Sep-07 03:53 AM, #47
                              Reply I don't think you understand the alignment system at al..., Daevryn, 28-Sep-07 11:01 PM, #43
                                   Reply None taken, I am interested in your description however..., Gataliff (Guest), 29-Sep-07 03:47 AM, #46
                                        Reply RE: None taken, I am interested in your description how..., Whitehat (Guest), 30-Sep-07 04:19 AM, #53
                                             Reply Serious? txt, gataliff (Guest), 03-Oct-07 10:34 PM, #56
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62165 Previous topic | Next topic