Subject: "I'm not sure you want this." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1159
Show all folders

ValguarneraThu 05-Jun-03 03:03 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1162, "I'm not sure you want this."

1) It could take something that is "someone's" responsibility, and turn it into something that is "maybe someone else's" responsibility. If I'm semi-busy, and I see a pray that might be mine, I might get slothy and hope my immortal buddy will cover for me. Currently, if I see a pray for me, I know it's my job to cover it in some fashion. (*)

2) It could dilute religions. Currently, each immortal is an expert on their own religion because they designed it, wrote the shrine/helps/etc., and have spoken with followers. They've seen multiple angles on the one faith, and know the nooks and crannies well. Covering 5 religions makes that much harder.

3) Continuity and consistency. If I'm Immortal #3 on your team, and last time you dealt with Immortal #2, things might go screwy unless we've been on the ball with logs/summaries, etc. Short notes back and forth can fill part of this in, but my experience running multi-imm quests is that it can be trickier than it sounds.

(*): Disclaimer: I'm of the Sneakius Watchius species of Immortal, but I'm probably 'looking' more often than my peeps (**) think.

(**): Yes, I just used the word "peeps" in a sentence. And a footnote within a footnote. Again.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFixing Active vs Nonactive Imms [View all] , Hutto, Wed 04-Jun-03 04:15 PM
Reply RE: Fixing Active vs Nonactive Imms, Isildur, 07-Jun-03 03:47 PM, #5
Reply Nail, Head. and all that., ORB, 07-Jun-03 10:38 PM, #6
Reply Define "active" (n/t), Zulghinlour, 07-Jun-03 11:31 PM, #7
Reply RE: Define, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 02:45 AM, #8
Reply That's more difficult than it sounds, Yanoreth, 08-Jun-03 03:02 AM, #9
     Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 11:23 AM, #10
          Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Valguarnera, 08-Jun-03 02:08 PM, #11
          Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 02:54 PM, #12
          Reply I'm surprised you took it that way, Yanoreth, 08-Jun-03 08:27 PM, #13
               Reply RE: I'm surprised you took it that way, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 11:09 PM, #14
Reply I'm not sure you want this., Valguarnera, 05-Jun-03 03:03 AM #1
     Reply Thanks for replying. I appreciate it., Hutto, 06-Jun-03 12:14 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Thanks for replying. I appreciate it., Valguarnera, 06-Jun-03 12:42 PM, #3
               Reply That's cool, Hutto, 06-Jun-03 08:14 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1159 Previous topic | Next topic