Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectI'm not sure you want this.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=1159&mesg_id=1162
1162, I'm not sure you want this.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) It could take something that is "someone's" responsibility, and turn it into something that is "maybe someone else's" responsibility. If I'm semi-busy, and I see a pray that might be mine, I might get slothy and hope my immortal buddy will cover for me. Currently, if I see a pray for me, I know it's my job to cover it in some fashion. (*)

2) It could dilute religions. Currently, each immortal is an expert on their own religion because they designed it, wrote the shrine/helps/etc., and have spoken with followers. They've seen multiple angles on the one faith, and know the nooks and crannies well. Covering 5 religions makes that much harder.

3) Continuity and consistency. If I'm Immortal #3 on your team, and last time you dealt with Immortal #2, things might go screwy unless we've been on the ball with logs/summaries, etc. Short notes back and forth can fill part of this in, but my experience running multi-imm quests is that it can be trickier than it sounds.

(*): Disclaimer: I'm of the Sneakius Watchius species of Immortal, but I'm probably 'looking' more often than my peeps (**) think.

(**): Yes, I just used the word "peeps" in a sentence. And a footnote within a footnote. Again.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com