Subject: "That's cool" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1159
Show all folders

HuttoFri 06-Jun-03 08:14 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
234 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1172, "That's cool"

>Hey!
>
>I think my count for the week is 1 point of CON, a minor (but
>useful) quest skill, and a bunch of those random batches of XP
>that I like throwing around. It's not exactly my craziest
>reward-whore week ever (*), but I've mostly been adhered to
>the bug board and doing some miscellaneous bits of code. And
>cackling maniacally watching someone try to figure out a quest
>I handed out a little while ago.
>
>Anyway, people know this, and (hopefully) are doing it
>already. I think the voting idea would add bureaucracy where
>it isn't needed. There's already a chain of command for
>rewards of various shapes and sizes, and the people who have
>the skills necessary to give them have the experience and
>judgement to propose them.
>
>* Unlike Pyramid Scheme or Eight Billion Frickin
>Legacy Quests
>
>valguarnera@carrionfields.com

You officially rock. Rewards of various shapes and sizes are terrific, don't get me wrong, they're great - I love them!, but not what I was getting at. It would be cool to have some sort of rare Imm sanctioned "Top Character" award that the playerbase valued, and sought after. Bring it out of the hush-hush and into the limelight. Maybe people will talk a little less about dam rolls and unholy weapons.

Ok, my last half-baked idea for the day. Take the Rager pillar idea to the next step. Set some basic guidelines, then when along comes an exceptional character, give that character an eternal home here on the web site. Maybe have their description (or possibly have Ihraeth draw a picture! whoo!), a brief flattering life history, logs of historic moments, etc. Let these characters be the Imm ideal character: they roleplayed when nobody was around, they didn't quit when things got bad, they played their character till the end, unique angle, could pk, didn't group with the same players his site always did previous , whatever. Whatever you Imms want to see more of, these characters will set the stage and lead the way. Maybe only a few a year, or possibly none some years if nobody shines above the rest as worthy.

The key is, don't let it become a playerbase popularity contest, yet for it to work it must have value in the eyes of the players. That's kinda why I was picking on Nep. I think a large portion of the playbase has a lot of respect for him and his comments. For example, something Daurwyn said on those other forums, "Personally, I take satisfaction in that two of my characters have elicited positive comments from Nepenthe" Not trying to single Nep out, but it would be great if the award carried the same respect in the eyes of the players as a golden star of Nepenthe's approval.

Thanks again for the replies Valg, even if you hate this idea.

Hutto is here, heading toward the bed.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFixing Active vs Nonactive Imms [View all] , Hutto, Wed 04-Jun-03 04:15 PM
Reply RE: Fixing Active vs Nonactive Imms, Isildur, 07-Jun-03 03:47 PM, #5
Reply Nail, Head. and all that., ORB, 07-Jun-03 10:38 PM, #6
Reply Define "active" (n/t), Zulghinlour, 07-Jun-03 11:31 PM, #7
Reply RE: Define, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 02:45 AM, #8
Reply That's more difficult than it sounds, Yanoreth, 08-Jun-03 03:02 AM, #9
     Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 11:23 AM, #10
          Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Valguarnera, 08-Jun-03 02:08 PM, #11
          Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 02:54 PM, #12
          Reply I'm surprised you took it that way, Yanoreth, 08-Jun-03 08:27 PM, #13
               Reply RE: I'm surprised you took it that way, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 11:09 PM, #14
Reply I'm not sure you want this., Valguarnera, 05-Jun-03 03:03 AM, #1
     Reply Thanks for replying. I appreciate it., Hutto, 06-Jun-03 12:14 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Thanks for replying. I appreciate it., Valguarnera, 06-Jun-03 12:42 PM, #3
               Reply That's cool, Hutto, 06-Jun-03 08:14 PM #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1159 Previous topic | Next topic