Subject: "That's more difficult than it sounds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1159
Show all folders

YanorethSun 08-Jun-03 03:02 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
896 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1178, "That's more difficult than it sounds"

When we know that an immortal is inactive, we do take them off the list of active imms. We close the religion, take them off the wizlist, etc. The problems is that there is often a grey period where the immortal seems to be active, logs on reasonably often, but just isn't pulling their fair share of the load. It impacts other immortals in regards to our non-empowerment duties, too.

Drawing a line in that sand is extremely difficult. Players not getting empowered have a difficult time knowing if they just didn't catch the immortal online, didn't have close enough to a "right" angle on the empowerment to warrant a talking to, or just didn't even realize the immortal was trying to talk to them. Going by how many players a given immortal has empowered lately is no good judge of how active they are, either - some spheres are more popular than others and some are easier to develop an empowerment role around.

And if the immortal isn't logging on and isn't answering their emails... it's a bit of a challenge to get a dialog going about what's really going on. And considering that we're all volunteers, it is a delicate balance between luring someone back into playing that immortal we all love and/or hate and driving someone off by reacting too strongly to a week or two's vacation combined with some less active playing.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFixing Active vs Nonactive Imms [View all] , Hutto, Wed 04-Jun-03 04:15 PM
Reply RE: Fixing Active vs Nonactive Imms, Isildur, 07-Jun-03 03:47 PM, #5
Reply Nail, Head. and all that., ORB, 07-Jun-03 10:38 PM, #6
Reply Define "active" (n/t), Zulghinlour, 07-Jun-03 11:31 PM, #7
Reply RE: Define, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 02:45 AM, #8
Reply That's more difficult than it sounds, Yanoreth, 08-Jun-03 03:02 AM #9
     Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 11:23 AM, #10
          Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Valguarnera, 08-Jun-03 02:08 PM, #11
          Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 02:54 PM, #12
          Reply I'm surprised you took it that way, Yanoreth, 08-Jun-03 08:27 PM, #13
               Reply RE: I'm surprised you took it that way, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 11:09 PM, #14
Reply I'm not sure you want this., Valguarnera, 05-Jun-03 03:03 AM, #1
     Reply Thanks for replying. I appreciate it., Hutto, 06-Jun-03 12:14 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Thanks for replying. I appreciate it., Valguarnera, 06-Jun-03 12:42 PM, #3
               Reply That's cool, Hutto, 06-Jun-03 08:14 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1159 Previous topic | Next topic