Subject: "Fixing Active vs Nonactive Imms" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1159
Show all folders

HuttoWed 04-Jun-03 04:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
234 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1159, "Fixing Active vs Nonactive Imms"

Ok, here's my brainfart on the religion matter. What if religions in CF went from being exclusively PCs to being handled behind the scenes by a group of Imms? I'm thinking of something like 5 or so per religion, and could be the same 5 or so for several religions. Could make it possible for the Imms to keep notes on important things with each character so they stay up to date and in touch. Could possibly let one or two Imms handle one player as long as time permits. This would allow as much continuity as possible between one player and the Imms, and if done well, the playerbase wouldn't know even if other Imms came into the picture. Could use one NPC for each religion which the group of Imms can control. Jot down some common characteristics of the NPC (i.e. "Red mist comes out of his nostrils when you talk about storm giants"), and the players will probably never know.

Problems: Some of the finer details of roleplaying could be lost, both in interaction and the religion itself. Would possibly make more players that could be watched per Imm, versus only having your set few that you know real well.

Benefits: Could expand the pantheon to cover all the bases. No more having people following religions after the religion has faded. Should end the many frustrations involving religions, such as posting here to see if the Imm is active, finding out their times, praying/praying/praying when they may be around, repeating for tattoos, virtues, etc.

Maybe with some molding in the hands our Imm staff, this idea may pan out.

Thoughts?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFixing Active vs Nonactive Imms [View all] , Hutto, Wed 04-Jun-03 04:15 PM
Reply RE: Fixing Active vs Nonactive Imms, Isildur, 07-Jun-03 03:47 PM, #5
Reply Nail, Head. and all that., ORB, 07-Jun-03 10:38 PM, #6
Reply Define "active" (n/t), Zulghinlour, 07-Jun-03 11:31 PM, #7
Reply RE: Define, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 02:45 AM, #8
Reply That's more difficult than it sounds, Yanoreth, 08-Jun-03 03:02 AM, #9
     Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 11:23 AM, #10
          Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Valguarnera, 08-Jun-03 02:08 PM, #11
          Reply RE: That's more difficult than it sounds, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 02:54 PM, #12
          Reply I'm surprised you took it that way, Yanoreth, 08-Jun-03 08:27 PM, #13
               Reply RE: I'm surprised you took it that way, Isildur, 08-Jun-03 11:09 PM, #14
Reply I'm not sure you want this., Valguarnera, 05-Jun-03 03:03 AM, #1
     Reply Thanks for replying. I appreciate it., Hutto, 06-Jun-03 12:14 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Thanks for replying. I appreciate it., Valguarnera, 06-Jun-03 12:42 PM, #3
               Reply That's cool, Hutto, 06-Jun-03 08:14 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1159 Previous topic | Next topic