Subject: "Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84804
Show all folders

Kyaltaru (Guest)Wed 19-Aug-09 11:17 AM

#84804, "Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."

Well, that was a pretty fun ride. I have to say Nexus was a LOT different than I thought it would be. I always get so attached to sets and rage when I lose them and I wanted to finally break that off of me for future characters, and I'm so glad I just learned how to have fun. I just wanted to find some crazy wands/scrolls for my next, but it turned out he was tougher than I thought he would be. After I hit about 50 kills I was like screw it, I just want to beat Eoria and I might as well make something out of this and I shot for it. I didn't reach her, but I know I could have. The Isle completely dying, and having to abide by the balance always got too much for me in the end. It turned pretty boring after exploring everything I needed and only having pk/fix magic/or rank lowbie Nexuns.

I have to admit I was somewhat of an IMM whore at the beginning. Just because I made my character specifically for Urtrekis and he went MIA and I told myself I was going to get tatted and have myself a breakout character from all the great roles and constant rage deletes I was going through. So sorry for that, but a massive thanks to Daevryn for picking me up and making the character enjoyable.

Nexus is a great cabal, and a crappy cabal at the same time. It really sucks you always have to be worrying about them. And I think it's understandable, yet unfair, that everyone expected me to be like "Hey, I'm coming to kill you watch out!". It does suck that you never knew, but it *is* what Nexus is and as long as it's in the game, you really just have to deal with it. I told nearly anyone who asked me, but I wasn't going to go out of my way to hamper myself and watch people teleport when I was around. Whether you were uncaballed or caballed I gunned for anyone who was tipping and people really took offense to it, and I was only doing my job/role/cabal duties. Vanguard's is one of the best cabal powers there is, hands down. I didn't really ever make use of bond because I liked it so much.

I got talked to by Nexus IMM's a few times that made me a bit upset, and I think as far as the balance goes you guys should really keep an eye on it. There was three times I can think of where I got asked what I was doing and I gauged balance before I struck and they were tipping and mid fight it would balance and there's nothing I can really do about it. And also a time I killed a Herald with Chaos tipping and someone saying good and evil didn't tip when he was chaotic, and not even looking at the chaos bit. But meh, stuff happens.

But I had some great interactions, and some really bad ones. I did my fair share of ganking, which people got pissed at, but it's a mechanic of the game. But I think in my case, it's a lot different considering I made it an absolute point that if I was solo (Which I was for a LOT of my kills and fights) I always fought back until it was time to leave. It'd be different if I never fought solo, but I did, every single log in.

Anyways! I'll try to keep everything positive. There was lots of people I talked to and many goodbyes I want to shout out, but I'll just put the standouts and be happy to answer anything. Thanks for all the fun.

Nexus-

Slorinek - You're badass man. I love your character and you are by far the most quality up and comer in the cabal. I enjoyed everything we did together and I wish there could have been more. I hope you stick it out and are the next to take over the reins.

Rhyaldrin - I totally know who you are, and I'm really happy you dig Nexus and I got to teach you a few things and RP with you. You really stick to being a dwarf and I loved that. Keep truckin' chief.

Korost - You were so random and crazy. You bring some really positive life to the cabal. Keep sticking to that RP and all your crazy quirks, they really work for you when they would'nt for a lot of characters.

Calbaseeti - My wife.. haha. I loved having you around and glad we got to have our fun. I think it's funny we were so hated we were called a perma, so I had to stick around and beat some more ass without you =).

Quad - Sorry we had our difference at first, but everything shaped up in the end. I just really got pissed that you tried to jump into that fight after I told you not to.

Ixralleinda - You are a crazy bastard lol. It must be pretty rough having only lion for 98% of your fights, but you always stick it out and aren't ever scared to die... I loved that about you. Hope you keep going at it and snag Meter.

Biklaha - You were by far one of my favorite Nexuns during my whole time in the cabal. I always wished you were on more, but the times you were always ended up being so satisfying that it outweighed it. You're a tough bastard and I'm glad I had the joy of being around you.

Lots of other Nexuns, many I already said goodbye to. I loved all you guys and I hope I made being Nexus a little more fun for you.

Battle -

Ghrummin - You were by far my most favorite enemy, but I said what I needed to already. You were great man.

Bartis - After Ghrummin left, you definatly took that slot over. I really wish I could have resurrected him but I got no love from the IMM's trying to do it, but something that huge I figured wouldn't happen. You were definatly the scariest rager of anyone my whole life. And a true champ no matter what happens.

Revilyn - Man, you really got my ass in Ugruks with that assassinate. I only got assassinated twice, one really early and one really late in my life. You had class and I digged you.

Malakhi - I don't want to be negative man, but you really seemed like you changed from when I had ragers with you. It sucked that you would put me on ignore when I never ever taunted you out of RP where I knew you wouldn't RP back. You had it rough against me and never really capitalized so I can understand, but at least I tried to RP with you and never took your stuff. And all I would get back just seemed to be bitter OOC rants.

Other then that, there was loads of just pissed off ragers, so I'll just leave my goodbyes at that.

Marans -

Dupmasione - You had to be my favorite Maran. We had some fun talks, and that sucks SO bad that day with the Scions. It looked like such a setup and I admit I broke RP just trying to make sure you knew cause I felt like #### so bad OOC. At least we got you Defiance back =) And good luck with your love =P

Lokinitism(sp?) Ilobe and a few others.. I really liked how you all interacted with me. Caring yet cautious and knowing I needed help from your perspective, my interactions with the Fort were 90% great.

Scion -

Lornis - I hope you were keeping all your talks to me IC all the time, because I loved you to death. I even prayed and hoped the IMM's were watching your evil ass when Calbaseeti deleted and were trying to get me to embrace the darkness. You were cool man, really fun Chancellor for this day and age.

Frismund - You were neat too. You had it so rough against me, it seems like one fiend on a mummy = insta death so that really sucks. I tried to avoid fights with you after the first couple kills just cause I thought you were so cool. Hope to see good things out of you.

Empire -

Tarleton - You were up there in my favorite people of all of Thera. You totally have the most perfect balance of being evil yet funny, and consistently. We had some good fights, good times being allies, and always a good talk. You are an extremely high quality character.

Lot's of fun random fights with other people out of Empire, some were so terrifyingly disgusting it was just sick though.

Outlanders -

Sulye - I didn't really know how to take you. But I really liked how sporadic your tells were and our random little chats. I think we only fought twice with no deaths, so I didn't get to see that side much. But you were cool.

Quird - You were such a high caliber player. There was no doubt in my mind you were the next Harbinger after Mreash bounced. Thanks for all the good times.

Outlander seemed like a pretty big hotspot for angry OOC Rp'ers or just pointless bloodthirtsy ganking, but I never died to any that I can recall so meh. I saw a lot of good stuff out of Outtie too.

Trib -

Artenno - You were definatly my favorite Trib. Thanks for all the random adventures back when we had Zatale and all the chats. You're hands down the frontrunner for Provost.

Randoms -

Rochefort - Sorry for your deaths man. I had a hell of a time explaining to you that the balance didn't care if you were an explore character or not. I think in the end we kind of made up though.

Kegren - Man, I really want to keep everything positive. But there's no way in hell you should still be good after retrieving with Malakhi and trying to kill me with him... defending that he's not really evil. You left a sour taste in my mouth after nearly every interaction.

Imm's -

Twist - Thanks so much for giving me a little love. I really wish you were around more. Your blunt RP and just lack of care for anything other than magic is such a great balance to Rayihn and Daevryn. You get off those Mortals for awhile!

Daevryn - Thanks for all the love you gave me. You really were such a great IMM over the cabal, and there were a few nights that you just randomly chatted with us all over CB that are the nights that make having characters worth it in the end. I loved that.

Rayihn - We had some fun talks, mostly when Calbaseeti was around, but this character really helped my perspective/relationship with you. You always meant well and were always positive and I appreciate it. Thanks for that legacy, that was totally not expected.

Iunna - Thanks for the marriage and the random show up when Calbaseeti deleted. I liked all that but in the end it seemed like you hated me and I didn't really understand why, but oh well!

Time to go start writing my new role. Time to get crazy on my next!

-TripHitNDip/Guilo

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun., Lorn (Guest), 22-Aug-09 02:13 AM, #73
Reply Forgot me too, but that's ok cause I'm mad you deleted, Abzyn (Guest), 21-Aug-09 04:55 PM, #70
Reply Awww, Sorry bud., Kyaltaru (Guest), 21-Aug-09 05:56 PM, #71
Reply And here I thought we were friends and you forgot me., Khalla (Guest), 21-Aug-09 04:17 AM, #68
Reply Totally forgot!, Kyaltaru (Guest), 21-Aug-09 03:46 PM, #69
Reply I liked you., Korost, 19-Aug-09 04:53 AM, #61
Reply Bye., Lilorni (Guest), 18-Aug-09 03:01 PM, #57
Reply lurker: that's enough., Daevryn, 18-Aug-09 01:55 PM, #56
Reply Rofl I never even interacted with Kyaltaru, Slobodan, 19-Aug-09 07:58 AM, #65
     Reply RE: Rofl I never even interacted with Kyaltaru, Daevryn, 19-Aug-09 11:02 AM, #66
     Reply My gosh some of you people are faggots~, Kyaltaru (Guest), 19-Aug-09 11:23 AM, #67
Reply RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun., Fidden (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:19 PM, #51
Reply I don't think you're not realizing how dumb you're soun..., Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:37 PM, #54
Reply You are the biggest attention whore I have seen in this..., Random dude (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:06 PM, #50
Reply RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun., Daevryn, 18-Aug-09 12:55 PM, #46
Reply Thanks for the advice, I'll work on all the bad stuff~, Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:41 PM, #55
Reply RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun., Baerinika, 18-Aug-09 11:14 AM, #36
Reply Yeah it's definatly tough., Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:42 AM, #40
Reply Had fun, Ghrummin (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:09 AM, #34
Reply I just viewed it as...., Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:23 AM, #37
Reply Oh, play as you see fit, Ghrummin (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:29 AM, #38
Reply You rager berserkers need to get a clue..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:21 PM, #52
     Reply Read what I wrote. I said I don't care that he ganged m..., Ghrummin (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:30 PM, #53
Reply RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun., That guy (Guest), 18-Aug-09 09:25 AM, #28
Reply Damn you that guy!~, Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:00 AM, #32
Reply I liked this char, Twist, 18-Aug-09 09:23 AM, #27
Reply Thanks Twisty, Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:06 AM, #33
Reply RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun., Bartis (Guest), 18-Aug-09 08:30 AM, #26
Reply Thanks a lot Bartis, Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:09 AM, #35
Reply Kyaltaru....you should have come over to the darkside., Lornis (Guest), 18-Aug-09 07:50 AM, #24
Reply You'd be surprised man, Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:34 AM, #39
Reply RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun., Biklaha (Guest), 18-Aug-09 07:32 AM, #22
Reply RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun., Iunna, 18-Aug-09 06:48 AM, #20
Reply Whatever floats your boat., Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 07:07 AM, #21
     Reply It was more than once., Iunna, 18-Aug-09 12:24 PM, #43
          Reply Please, please, PLEASE go out with me. Just one date? N..., Batman (Anonymous), 18-Aug-09 12:30 PM, #44
          Reply RE: Please, please, PLEASE go out with me. Just one dat..., Elhe (Guest), 18-Aug-09 12:50 PM, #45
               Reply So I was googling how to insult you russians......, Batman (Anonymous), 18-Aug-09 03:51 PM, #58
                    Reply I prefer the racial slur database, Slobodan, 19-Aug-09 07:57 AM, #64
          Reply I want to threesome you with Batman., Scrimbul, 18-Aug-09 01:00 PM, #48
          Reply Would it of killed you to.., Kyaltaru (Guest), 21-Aug-09 10:11 PM, #72
Reply Ehhh, Oethipius (Guest), 18-Aug-09 03:11 AM, #15
Reply Well, Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 03:30 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Well, Excuse-Master (Guest), 18-Aug-09 05:44 AM, #17
          Reply Anon Biatch, Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 06:09 AM, #18
          Reply FYI I'm not this anon guy., Malakhi (Guest), 18-Aug-09 09:59 AM, #29
          Reply You do realize..., Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 10:59 AM, #31
          Reply Tool, Random dude (Guest), 18-Aug-09 10:41 AM, #30
               Reply And that's why you are random!~, Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:46 AM, #42
                    Reply And that's why you're a tool., Random dude (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:01 PM, #49
          Reply You sound like a whinebag, Scion (Guest), 18-Aug-09 06:28 AM, #19
Reply I can't believe Nep tat'd you., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 18-Aug-09 02:19 AM, #13
Reply Or...., Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 02:25 AM, #14
Reply In that respect...., Yhorian (Guest), 18-Aug-09 08:22 AM, #25
     Reply Awesome comment, thanks Yhor., Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 11:45 AM, #41
Reply RE: I can't believe Nep tat'd you., Daevryn, 18-Aug-09 12:56 PM, #47
Reply RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun., Tarleton (Guest), 18-Aug-09 02:10 AM, #10
Reply Lol you're the man., Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 02:17 AM, #12
Reply I have no idea why you acted the way you did...., Arrna (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:58 AM, #7
Reply And a sidenote..., Arrna (Guest), 18-Aug-09 02:00 AM, #8
Reply I was pissed off at Kegren., Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 02:07 AM, #9
Reply Gosh, Neltouda I forgot!, Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:50 AM, #6
Reply RE: Gosh, Neltouda I forgot!, Neltouda, 19-Aug-09 12:33 AM, #59
     Reply I will never forget...., Rhyaldrin (Guest), 19-Aug-09 04:04 AM, #60
          Reply RE: I will never forget...., Neltouda, 19-Aug-09 05:05 AM, #62
               Reply RE: I will never forget...., Rhyaldrin (Guest), 19-Aug-09 06:05 AM, #63
Reply The Clone made you do it, right?, Ixy (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:32 AM, #4
Reply Lol, I have no freaking idea what was going on with tha..., Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:35 AM, #5
Reply RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun., Rhyaldrin (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:10 AM, #2
Reply No problem., Malakhi (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:07 AM, #1
     Reply What "####" IC exactly though?, Kyaltaru (Guest), 18-Aug-09 01:13 AM, #3
     Reply Rather than do that,, Malakhi (Guest), 18-Aug-09 02:11 AM, #11
     Reply My experiences were very limited..., Mardrin (Guest), 18-Aug-09 07:45 AM, #23

Lorn (Guest)Sat 22-Aug-09 02:13 AM

#85000, "RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."
In response to Reply #0

I tried to find ways to interact with you more, for I really found your role to be interesting and even a bit humorous. The way your drunken to sober to drunken made your title change often really was a hoot! I hope we can interact more with your next character. Good luck!

Abzyn (Guest)Fri 21-Aug-09 04:55 PM

#84992, "Forgot me too, but that's ok cause I'm mad you deleted"
In response to Reply #0

Dude. C'mon. It's like a landslide of nexus deletions and now you too. You were more or less my favorite islander. We shared some beliefs but your depression took it a different way. Liked our interactions.

Sad you are gone

Kyaltaru (Guest)Fri 21-Aug-09 05:56 PM

#84994, "Awww, Sorry bud."
In response to Reply #70

I liked you a lot as well. I didn't forget you, just didn't want to out all the little Nexuns and make them village targets or anything.

I knew when I inducted you that you'd be great. I really just had a good feeling you'd be someone that stuck, Nexus is notorious for people just up and deleting constantly. I tried to hang on as long as I could but after I got this other character idea, I just decided it was time. Keep pushing through, you'll have more than a positive impact on the game if you do.

Khalla (Guest)Fri 21-Aug-09 04:17 AM

#84981, "And here I thought we were friends and you forgot me."
In response to Reply #0

Kyaltaru I wanted only to strangle your face that one time because you were pouting way too goddamned much.

But I caught your gist and I hope you enjoyed yourself and I think you did. We'll see you around.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Fri 21-Aug-09 03:46 PM

#84991, "Totally forgot!"
In response to Reply #68

You were so crazy and sporadic, I loved when you were around. The first time you ever tried to assassinate me I knew you would be a fun x factor kind of guy. We ended up hitting it off and fighting/being friends a few other times and we had some good fun.
Damn you for being afk that one time man! We could have had Ahtieli together if not for just ONE mountain storm kick and me distorting during that bad ass fiend.

KorostWed 19-Aug-09 04:53 AM
Member since 28th Jul 2009
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84927, "I liked you."
In response to Reply #0

I pretty much thought the world of you both IC and OOC. You and Calbaseeti played off each other so well it truly made Nexus a fun place to be. You are one of the few to really devote yourself to your character and still be an impressive force in both the RP and PK arenas. Best of luck and thank you for all help and support.

-Korost

Lilorni (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 03:01 PM

#84904, "Bye."
In response to Reply #0

Its seems that anything negative that i could say about the player and/or character has already been said by people far more qualified then myself so i will keep this positive.

You were tough, i had no illusions that i would be able to defeat you alone, the best i could have probably managed was to fend you off for a while. That time you and the nexus giant found me, i fended off two or three sleep attempts and a fiend, i could have easily had more mental saves too. Besides sleep, echos and fiend, there was one song that if landed would have had me running for the hills. If prepared i don't think i would die to you alone so i was never really afraid of you but I never thought i could actually kill you. Not yet at least.

Lilorni can be very vocal about who she likes and who she doesn't, ah-ah~, who am i kidding, she can be a honest to goodness bitch sometimes. That said, I didn't mean anything oocly when i made that healer attached to the hip comment i made while we explored together with Quird. I was trying to come up with a smug remark after you retorted back at her. I think it hit a sore spot with you though and soon after that you accused her of never doing things on her own. Or few other interactions really soured after that aswell. I think Laugash is the only other who has accused her of that. Whether thats right or wrong is for another death thread i suppose.

I really wanted to eventually fight you and try some of the new tricks i've discovered. Also i enjoyed hating your character so for what its worth it sucks that you deleted. The more enemies the better.

GLWYN.

DaevrynTue 18-Aug-09 01:55 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#84902, "lurker: that's enough."
In response to Reply #0

A lot of people had bad #### to say about Kyaltaru, but could at least do so in an at least vaguely useful/constructive manner.

Come back when you're at least marginally more mature.

SlobodanWed 19-Aug-09 07:58 AM
Member since 19th Aug 2009
21 posts
#84931, "Rofl I never even interacted with Kyaltaru"
In response to Reply #56

Dude totally would suck your cock for that tat again. Haste, Harmonius Equilibrium and a once every 1000 tick barrier? Mmmmm mmmmm good.

DaevrynWed 19-Aug-09 11:17 AM
11117 posts
#84935, "RE: Rofl I never even interacted with Kyaltaru"
In response to Reply #65

Yeah that's... not what it does. Move along now.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Wed 19-Aug-09 11:23 AM

#84937, "My gosh some of you people are faggots~"
In response to Reply #65

nt

Fidden (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:19 PM

#84891, "RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."
In response to Reply #0

Hi there. I never got to your range in time, but in late 30's / early 40's, I had some scuffles with villagers and you were positive and encouraging enough for me to start thinking about Nexus.

Then you completely dropped the ball in two successive episodes. One was Orc/Slorinek (separately) laying it on my groupmate. The other one was you offing the herald.

So I wanted to talk to you a bit about balance from gnome perspective and, what do you know, I ate an ignore from you after 3 sentences.

So, this bit below is really funny coming from you:

>Malakhi - I don't want to be negative man, but you really
>seemed like you changed from when I had ragers with you. It
>sucked that you would put me on ignore when I never ever
>taunted you out of RP where I knew you wouldn't RP back.

Take the criticism that players here give you (mostly that ugly phrase, but with proper meaning, "attention whore") and work to overcome that. You have a lot to offer to CF, with some work.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:37 PM

#84898, "I don't think you're not realizing how dumb you're soun..."
In response to Reply #51

You were saying you sought the Nexus, never pledged to the cabal, and obviously had no role like *we* were fitting into *your* schedule. Then two days later after hearing you are seeking Nexus, you kill a Nexun with a ranger when he was hunting him for chaos. I slay said ranger and then you freak out on me and try to start giving me lessons on what the balance should be like. That's far from any situation with what I had with Malakhi. You're obviously a newer player that needs some tailoring, so I hope this was constructive enough for you to understand I would have no respect or want to hear your views of balance when I am LEADING the cabal with it.

Random dude (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:06 PM

#84887, "You are the biggest attention whore I have seen in this..."
In response to Reply #0

Get over yourself and stop trying to put people down.

DaevrynTue 18-Aug-09 12:55 PM
11117 posts
#84881, "RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."
In response to Reply #0

>I have to admit I was somewhat of an IMM whore at the
>beginning. Just because I made my character specifically for
>Urtrekis and he went MIA and I told myself I was going to get
>tatted and have myself a breakout character from all the great
>roles and constant rage deletes I was going through. So sorry
>for that, but a massive thanks to Daevryn for picking me up
>and making the character enjoyable.

You're welcome.

I mostly ignored you after that first talk, because you told me that trying to follow Urtrekis was a folly of your youth long ago, and then I noticed you had prayed for him like two hours before.

Eventually, you won me over. I didn't love all things Kyaltaru, but you definitely walked the walk about going out and trying to beat down tough people. (Before anyone jumps in, not necessarily solo.)

>I got talked to by Nexus IMM's a few times that made me a bit
>upset, and I think as far as the balance goes you guys should
>really keep an eye on it. There was three times I can think of
>where I got asked what I was doing and I gauged balance before
>I struck and they were tipping and mid fight it would balance
>and there's nothing I can really do about it. And also a time
>I killed a Herald with Chaos tipping and someone saying good
>and evil didn't tip when he was chaotic, and not even looking
>at the chaos bit. But meh, stuff happens.

Two, perhaps all of those, were me.

If you want to hunt when the balance is in the 'tipping in this direction, but not super tipping in that direction' state, that's certainly your prerogative, especially as a cabal leader -- but at the same time I'm going to ask what you're doing when you're still fighting and things got balanced that way. (Or especially if the balance has gone the opposite way.)

If you want to take that personally, you can, and you definitely seemed to. I'd do the same thing if I was, say, a Fort imm and you were a Maran I saw beating up on a good-aligned PC that maybe you didn't realize was. It's not really Daevryn's RP style to ask these kinds of questions diplomatically, he's just going to come right out and ask what you're doing or why.

>taunted you out of RP where I knew you wouldn't RP back.

I only saw a couple of the Malakhi-Kyaltaru verbal exchanges, and obviously I'm reasonably a Kyaltaru fan or I wouldn't have tattooed you, but I have to say: I would have put you on ignore, too.

It's fine that you ended up being a character he couldn't really beat, and it's fine that you were an ingracious winner about it -- hell, if you were trying for some kind of archetypal Daevryn RP (which you weren't, but... ) that'd even be spot on.

But I can also understand someone else getting tired of listening to it.

>Frismund - You were neat too. You had it so rough against me,
>it seems like one fiend on a mummy = insta death so that
>really sucks.

It's really not, but, I think Frismund is still hitting his stride in figuring out what works and doesn't work as a mummy vs. what he could manage with a human necromancer. I kind of think at some point he'll get firing on all cylinders, so to speak, and then grand nocturne probably won't kill him again. We'll see!

>Daevryn - Thanks for all the love you gave me. You really were
>such a great IMM over the cabal, and there were a few nights
>that you just randomly chatted with us all over CB that are
>the nights that make having characters worth it in the end. I
>loved that.

Yeah, I'm trying to do that more and be a little less of a deadbeat cabal dad.

Overall, I thought Kyaltaru was a really good character, and you seem to be improving with each one. I have only the following advice for you at this point to improve further:

1) Try to bring your expectations for other people a little more in line with who/what they are; OOC if not IC. I think it'll make you happier with the feedback/responses you get from other players. Example: if you gang someone, or beat them in a cheap-ish way, or talk about how great you are or exaggerate the circumstances of your victories, well... those people will probably think you're a #### and treat you accordingly. (I think in some cases you knew you were being kind of a #### IC, but then seemed surprised or hurt that you were treated as such.) Another example: Daevryn is not the person/entity you want to talk to after your wife has just died and you're depressed about it. There is nothing he has to say about any of that situation that would make you happy.

2) Try to argue with people less on the forums. (This is advice I'm usually not smart enough to take myself.) There's a saying about arguing on the internet and the Special Olympics, and while it's offensive it's also more or less true.

Good luck with your next.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:41 PM

#84900, "Thanks for the advice, I'll work on all the bad stuff~"
In response to Reply #46

nt

BaerinikaTue 18-Aug-09 11:14 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#84866, "RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."
In response to Reply #0

I always liked this character, and I tend to cheerlead tuff/active Nexus, maybe a little too much. But it's a tough cabal, so I try and be a little more generous with rewards when I can be. Hope you had fun with everything.

As far as heroimming goes, I don't think the time was right, but I'd say try again in a year or so. If you want to talk about the whys and what happeneds there, you have my email address.

Good luck on your next.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:42 AM

#84871, "Yeah it's definatly tough."
In response to Reply #36

People really seem to hate the mechanics in general, so if a character rocks out it seems like no matter what, they catch more flack than another character would in other cabals.

Once everyone deleted and I was normally alone, I was just plain disheartened. I really wish I would have stuck it out to age/con death, and I probably should have, but I think the timing was right and I can't wait to have a fresh character.

Thanks again for everything, you really don't get as much credit as you deserve.

Ghrummin (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:09 AM

#84864, "Had fun"
In response to Reply #0

One comment I have to make is that you did gang quite often. Initially, I remember when you were being pissed that other nexuns were interfering in our fights - later on, it became apparent that you didn't mind the gankalicious.

You did fight me alone more often than not (albeit with Heal Over Time Spell and Sanctuary). But I saw you gank a lot more Villagers as time progressed.

I think that's what people are commenting on. You said a lot of stuff, but your actions didn't always back it up. You were wishy washy alot.

Don't take this negatively - I had a lot of fun fighting you and thought you were an excellent character. But there was often a discontinuity between your actions and what you said (both IC and OOC).

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:23 AM

#84868, "I just viewed it as...."
In response to Reply #34

I couldn't really beat you one on one, with as much hp as you had, you just had the upper hand. I tried just pure damage, and then I tried maledict first and then the damage. If I didn't rock a huge fiend on you, I didn't have a chance. Plus you always ran around like a crazy bastard in the same area resting and then running until you reengaged with echos on 1-0 hours tick time so I'd get all confused on what to do. Bards destroy low hp setups, but I just decided you were worthwhile to gank. I don't really remember ganking anyone else too much that was actually battle, besides Malakhi and Delalken one night, just because they 2v1'd Bogrel and full sacced him so I went for blood.

But hey, live and learn. I'll just quit showing I'll fight solo so much on my other characters so I don't get this in the end. Because in the end, outside of raid's/defenses I fought solo 80% of the time.

Ghrummin (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:29 AM

#84869, "Oh, play as you see fit"
In response to Reply #37

Don't let other people dictate how you play.

I don't mind that you ganked me (contrary to an imms comments) because, well, I had crazy eq and crazy specs (try it sometime!)

As a leader, unfortunately, I gotta talk to other people about issues, and that's what I heard/witnessed through our various encounters.

Stick to your gumptions! #### everyone else - you're playing for yourself, and in the end, it's your enjoyment.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:21 PM

#84892, "You rager berserkers need to get a clue..."
In response to Reply #34

...with the whole 'You ganged me a lot' criticism.

You were a tat'd Drillmaster'd dwarf berserker with over 150 kills.

You honestly expect solo fights?

We must live in different worlds.

I know with Thrak when people would fight me solo I'd usually be jizzing in my pants with happiness. But I never expected it.

Ghrummin (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:30 PM

#84894, "Read what I wrote. I said I don't care that he ganged m..."
In response to Reply #52

Given my experience with him in the past, I said something about it.

That guy (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 09:25 AM

#84855, "RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."
In response to Reply #0

Weak, now how will I find you love? Did you get us some dragon blood yet?

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:00 AM

#84862, "Damn you that guy!~"
In response to Reply #28

nt

TwistTue 18-Aug-09 09:23 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#84854, "I liked this char"
In response to Reply #0

"Twist - Thanks so much for giving me a little love. I really wish you were around more. Your blunt RP and just lack of care for anything other than magic is such a great balance to Rayihn and Daevryn. You get off those Mortals for awhile!"

Yeah you seemed to get (and run with) the fact that Twist just didn't really give a damn about you. He has a hard time even giving a damn about a mage. Let alone some bard who (at least) realizes how hollow and shallow his mortaldom is.

I will say that if you had been upbeat happybard, you'd have gotten even less attention from me. "Chaotic stupid" and/or "annoyingly funny" chars just make Twist want to lash out with some pure mana and, like, level a mountain or something.

As for you, the player, I have to echo, to some degree, what Iunna put in her post. I loved the "woe is me" when I could tell it was IC from Kyaltaru. It never got old. But you do seem to, OOC, have some attention issues. The notes/emails you sent ooc even had a semi-fatalistic bent to them, and that was kind of meh, to me. Maybe that was just a case of the char influencing the player as opposed to vice-versa, I don't know.

I'd be happy to discuss further via email if you want, since I don't want to go into detail here.

But back to the character - you were a strong foe when I played Woldrun, a strong ally/foe to/against my current mortal, and as Twist I thought you were a very solid Nexun and leader. You lamented a lot about how weak the Island is, but you kept plugging along. I think you're lucky that ragers are currently weaker than the Island, to some extent. Kassibaz didn't have it nearly as good as you did.

Good luck with the next! And don't be too concerned if your next isn't up to Kyaltaru's level of fun/skill/rp/etc. That happens to me all the time. The mortal I rolled after Woldrun flamed out at level 21.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:06 AM

#84863, "Thanks Twisty"
In response to Reply #27

Yeah, I know that they had a semi-fatalistic tone to them. And the character was definatly affecting me in an OOC way, I'm always an upbeat happy guy and playing depressed all the time really got to me. I'm so happy it's over with. I think the main reason was just because I felt I had something to prove to the staff, that all the past bs wasn't a part of me anymore and I was trying to make CF a better place. I went overboard, learned from it, and can only move on and keep trying to be a positive contributor for a great game.

I actually would have preferred that there was a village though, it ruined my pk's not having anyone around after everyone died out. I'm sure I would have died probably a few more times, but it sure would have been more fun. But thanks for the positive feedback, I really hope my next character is as successful as Kyal and I think he will be if not the same, even more. But one can only hope! I'm sure I'll run into you again, I think I know who you were =P

Bartis (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 08:30 AM

#84848, "RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for taking an interest in the dead twin thing! I thought it added an interesting dimension to our characters relationships that you would tell me that you were going to save my bro with magic.

I definately saw an increase in your skill/toughness from when you first hit hero range till you deleted. You got Waaaay tougher. Well done for that. You really must've got the hang of your character because I don't think I got you once towards the end where you got me a few times.

I would get a little frustrated at the end when I'd get slept by you or oughilla and I make light of bards fleeing and sleeping despite my character being designed around a particular skill set. But, it is only because I felt you could throw down just as well if you just fought and distorted etc... That's a nasty song against warriors, it really hampers the class and makes you bards nearly impossible. It kind of got to the point where I felt a need to thirst at the end if I saw you coming just to avoid getting slept, which isn't always the best option.

Anyways, fantastic job with Kyaltaru. I really thought he was an outstanding character. GLWYN.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:09 AM

#84865, "Thanks a lot Bartis"
In response to Reply #26

Completely felt the same way about you. And I definatly figured bards out once I got rolling. I only had one hero bard in Outtie before this one and once I got all my preps and figured out song rotations and got better at chasing/when to flee, I was pretty much unkillable one on one with all the perks I had. Hope you're still around on my next.

Lornis (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 07:50 AM

#84846, "Kyaltaru....you should have come over to the darkside."
In response to Reply #0

I definitely saw that death as a way to torment someone mentally and not just physically. It became a part of my RP with you. Granted, you made it easy for me because I really wanted you dead ooc, but IC Lornis also didn't like you and wanted to torment you in any way possible. You were a challenge to kill as all bards are for me because my major forms aren't fast enough to stop the "flee and return" tactics. For the most part I think you were well played, but I'm never happy about pit sitters, and you did that to me a few times.

Anyway, I as a player was going down a track for a bit that I didn't want to go down, Merg called me on it. I'm not going that way, although I think the perception of one of our last talks might have been that way. The one where I was calling you an oathbreaker. That honestly was purely IC and it was because Lornis wanted to torment you very badly and honestly didn't care at all about the deal we had made. I also knew you would never really be able to uphold it.

PS - I think Daurwyn was right about the CE thing. There were a number of times that chaos tipped and instead of going after outlanders, you came after me. At least, that was my perception. One in particular when you raided the chasm. I'm not saying it was completely wrong, just frustrating for me as a player when I'm running from the goodie squad and have to deal with a nexan bard when it feels like there is no way good isn't tipping.

I had a lot of fun with our jesting and RP between each other. Great job! Anyway, well played and we will see what is next.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:34 AM

#84870, "You'd be surprised man"
In response to Reply #24

There's a lot of Maran's on all the time and light never tips. From what I noticed, leadership positions uber strengthen the balance, little guys don't matter so much and especially if they have little to no kills. There were times no Imperials were on and just like you and Sulye with like seven marans and light and dark were balanced. So I was like hey, why look for Outties if Lornis is Chaotic and right here, and I can guarantee I still went out and hunted them after the fight.

But yeah, glad to know all the stuff was IC. Keep rocking out man. I think we'll be closer on my next =P

Biklaha (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 07:32 AM

#84844, "RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."
In response to Reply #0

Realy liked having you around those times I am on. Competent bard makes life SO much easier though I still prefer to walk alone with Biklaha. We had some cool raids togather and other fights and our look at balance was so close i coudn't not like you. Hope some knowlage I shared helped. GLWYN

IunnaTue 18-Aug-09 06:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#84841, "RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."
In response to Reply #0

I've liked other characters of yours, but not this one.

Personally I got tired of the "woe is me" attitude that came out both
in character and out of character when I fielded one of your prayers
early on, and that impression really stuck with me. It definitely made
me steer clear of the character as much as possible. Obviously a lot
of other IMMs didn't share that opinion, and you were pretty heavily
rewarded.

As for this:

I have to admit I was somewhat of an IMM whore at the beginning.

I would say you actually came off as more of an attention whore
later on than in the beginning. Seriously. Could you have prayed
more? :p

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 07:07 AM

#84842, "Whatever floats your boat."
In response to Reply #20

Considering "Woe is me" was my IC role and if I came off as it one time on one pray and it makes you have a judgement placed on me for the rest of my life and makes you try to avoid me? That's pretty ####ty of you as an Immortal.

Oh well though.

And as for praying.. most of it was regarding you know what. Other then that was only random prays for Daevryn and me trying to try and do some RP for something potentially really cool with Bartis. With a few random ones here and there. I don't see how those could be more than other players especially when at least they had substance and I was just trying to get my RP on. They definatly had to be far away from the crazy #### you guys consistently get from people.

IunnaTue 18-Aug-09 12:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#84876, "It was more than once."
In response to Reply #21
Edited on Tue 18-Aug-09 12:24 PM

You came across as needy and obviously needed some kind of approval,
and I think that showed in your forum posts elsewhere as well.

Ultimately it's my decision whether or not I interact with people, and
since I didn't really have a need or desire to, I did my best not to.
That's my choice, and I don't see why I should be faulted for it, or
considered a ####ty IMM for making that choice.

Either way, good luck with your next.

Batman (inactive user)Tue 18-Aug-09 12:30 PM
Charter member
#84878, "Please, please, PLEASE go out with me. Just one date? N..."
In response to Reply #43

I'll take you somewhere nice, like....uh.....Taco bell.

Elhe (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 12:50 PM

#84879, "RE: Please, please, PLEASE go out with me. Just one dat..."
In response to Reply #44

that's my woman! I DATE WITH HER! Russian gangsta is coming after your miserable ass!

Batman (inactive user)Tue 18-Aug-09 03:51 PM
Charter member
#84908, "So I was googling how to insult you russians......"
In response to Reply #45
Edited on Tue 18-Aug-09 03:51 PM

And I ended up lolling:

Poor asians.

SlobodanWed 19-Aug-09 07:57 AM
Member since 19th Aug 2009
21 posts
#84930, "I prefer the racial slur database"
In response to Reply #58

Unfortunately the only good one they had for Russians was "Vodka Nigger"

ScrimbulTue 18-Aug-09 01:00 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#84884, "I want to threesome you with Batman."
In response to Reply #43

His posts are incessantly approval-seeking and he tends to dole it out in kind when it's not deserved in an attempt to get it back.

It's just really really old.

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

Kyaltaru (Guest)Fri 21-Aug-09 10:11 PM

#84998, "Would it of killed you to.."
In response to Reply #43

have been positive about even one thing on my PBF? My entire PBF is comments about how you hate me, and you even say you never even watch me for the first one. That kind of #### is disgusting. God forbid someone had a type RP that you don't like. I could understand if it wasn't actual RP but who I am irl is the exact opposite thats why I made Kyaltaru like that.

Regardless of if I prayed a lot or not. Your comments don't reflect a good IMM, and frankly you've really seemed like a bitch lately in general. You made a judgement and stuck to it regardless of what I was doing, you should probably try and steer clear of that from now on.

Oethipius (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 03:11 AM

#84833, "Ehhh"
In response to Reply #0

so between the "other forum" log posts and IC, I thought you were an okay guy in the beginning and I tried to sympathize with you.

But like honestly, don't get pissed off if I can't always warrant when I don't have enough evidence, and then going off and getting wanted and acting all bitter about it sort of just bleh to me. I go extremely out of my way to get enough evidence ot warrant Ithe in that one incident and Kegren and malakhi in another, and you still don't even show appreciation.

But it's understandable, I'd be pissed too. But seriously, go take your anger out on them. Don't start saying stupid things to me like "i'll turn this city upside down" or "i'll serve justice" blah blah.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 03:30 AM

#84835, "Well"
In response to Reply #15

I wasn't pissed. Order tipped like five minutes later and I always acted tough towards tribs when it did. That's why I said I was coming back to turn the city upside down, but I was too busy defending against Malakhi. I'm not going to show any appreciation to Trib's in that situation. Don't sweat it.

Excuse-Master (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 05:44 AM

#84837, "RE: Well"
In response to Reply #16

Having interacted with you extensively I can say that your entire life as Kyaltaru is a constant stream of hypocritical horse####. Excuse compounded over excuse. You killed Malakhi solo sooo many times. Like when you had lifesurge + sanc and Malakhi didn't have the head? Let's get real here. You took every advantage you could and always opted for textbook kills. Your variation of 3-4 tactic primarily in echo/fiend or fiend/fear, or fiend/revebrato or sleep/full maledict is completely lame. Why you were tattooed or given so much imm-love for being a total tool to most you fought is beyond me. I got nothing but a bad taste over the course of numerous interactions with this guy.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 06:09 AM

#84838, "Anon Biatch"
In response to Reply #17

You can't really say #### anon and faceless homeskillet.

You're probably Delalken or something that just over and over got embarassed. You just listed *four* tactics according to your dumbass, wtf else is there on a bard, roundhouse people to death without singing?

I killed Malakhi by myself while he had the head AT the destructor numerous times. So don't give me #### about lifesurge/sanc and him having no head. It's possible I may have not killed him once until Calbaseeti was deleted.

Textbook kills too? As an insult?

Hahahaha.

Malakhi (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 09:59 AM

#84858, "FYI I'm not this anon guy."
In response to Reply #18

>I killed Malakhi by myself while he had the head AT the
>destructor numerous times. So don't give me #### about
>lifesurge/sanc and him having no head. It's possible I may
>have not killed him once until Calbaseeti was deleted.
>

OK. You did present horrible matchup problems for my character, especially in recent weeks when Nexus had 4-5 people in my playtimes and Battle had just me - so there was no one to wake me up after lullaby - and you got your no_sac/pickup instrument.

But that said, you did not "kill me at the Destructor while I had the head numerous times." I don't think you did it once. What you did was (when you won):

1. Gank me down with/without the head.
2. Put me to sleep and beat the hell out of me with fiend with/without the head.

As discussed, both of these were extremely effective in recent weeks when I had no hero-range allies to help me out (the one or two brave souls that did make it to hero soon deleted after dealing with the ganks/etc.). And you were very good at quaffing out when it looked like you might be in danger. So well done with all the above. But one of the things I was talking about below is your penchant for exaggerating/lying about your character's actions - I kind of don't want to deal with it here for the same reasons I put you on ignore in game.

So like I said, "good game."

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 10:59 AM

#84861, "You do realize..."
In response to Reply #29

I just posted two recent logs in the other place of me doing it right? Whether I nocturned you away from the D and killed you or not, that's what I meant. My last three solo kills on you were all in the village and chasing you from the D. But I'm done posting with you, you're bitter.

Random dude (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 10:41 AM

#84859, "Tool"
In response to Reply #18

You are a tool and so was your character.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:46 AM

#84873, "And that's why you are random!~"
In response to Reply #30

nt

Random dude (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:01 PM

#84886, "And that's why you're a tool."
In response to Reply #42

lol

Scion (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 06:28 AM

#84839, "You sound like a whinebag"
In response to Reply #17

Not to mention an anon ####. I don't think I ever saw him be disrespful to anyone before or after kills. Solid RP... always left me my ####... and he'd leave people alone after the kills.

I got over the fact he was tough and just rolled with it. At least he didn't treat me like Gzurweeg and others.

Don't let's the haters make you go on rants and look bad Kyal. All tough chars get hated on.

GLWYN.

TMNS_lazy (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 02:19 AM

#84828, "I can't believe Nep tat'd you."
In response to Reply #0

That's like the biggest shocker in something resembling ever.

Just yesterday he wanted to hit you with his car!

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 02:25 AM

#84829, "Or...."
In response to Reply #13

Maybe he just realized I grew up past #### like that and tried to give me an undeserved second chance and I made it worth his time.

People grow up a move on you know... Give it a whirl my friend!

Yhorian (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 08:22 AM

#84847, "In that respect...."
In response to Reply #14

I'm personally impressed. This char was great and you've really pulled out your 'A' game for all aspects of the game. Rock on. There'll always be personal differences but for me the most important thing is how you effect the people you play with. And you did raise the standard of those around you. Kudos!

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 11:45 AM

#84872, "Awesome comment, thanks Yhor."
In response to Reply #25

Even if I did do better then Nanorab =P

DaevrynTue 18-Aug-09 12:56 PM
11117 posts
#84882, "RE: I can't believe Nep tat'd you."
In response to Reply #13

I had no idea at the time!

Here's an inevitably lost counterexample for anyone who thinks I know who all's playing what at all times.

Tarleton (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 02:10 AM

#84823, "RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."
In response to Reply #0

A stand-up character. Glad to be in the mutual-admiration club with you. By the by, I thought you should see this, in case you don't roll your next for a while:

===

To : all
Subject: "Kyaltaru's Final Balancing Act"

Dear sincerely loved readers and treasured subjects,

A giant has fallen - a giant downer! The following tale shows that even in death, a sad soul can find relief.

Up in the Heavens, the gods of Light peered
down from the clouds, and they sneered

A soul too dark for them looks above,
sad eyes searching for his long lost love

Below, the devils smirk and roll their eyes
at the friendly spirit's ultimate demise

A soul too light for them stares down there,
his heart still heavy with eternal despair

Forlorn and alone, Kyaltaru's soul to his body returned,
to watch his mortal shell rot on the Island before it's burned

"Oh, I had nothing to live for, anyway," the ghost said
as his wood-elven corpse bloated with the gases of the dead

With the onset of rigormortis, its lifeless face became taut
and it took on a morbid grin that in life it knew not

As the stars began to show his dead bride Calbaseeti arrived through a gate
and the bard's spirit cried, "Alas, how long I've been forced to to wait!"

But Kyaltaru's soul then frowned and scratched his head,
"I don't feel as excited as I hoped - Oh, I'm just useless and dead."

When ethereal Calbaseeti embraced him tight,
Kyaltaru went limp, hardly putting up a fight

That's when they both jumped and turned at a sound,
looking in time to see Kyaltaru's airborne corpse land upside-down

It was balanced on a pile of speckled, rotting dung at least four feet high
that had somehow blasted out from between the body's cold thighs

His spirit felt immediately relieved and light
as Balance was restored to his bowels that night!

He drank to dull the pain of what he thought was angst and sorrow,
but it was really just the ache of enough crap to fill ten barrels!

Kyaltaru's spirit, reborn, smiled and kissed his bride
and, for once, couldn't be upset, even if he tried

The two dissolved together to go to Limbo - boring!
No place for those involved with murder or whoring.

Meanwhile, Kyaltaru's death-grinning corpse emitted some gas
in a staccato squeal through his throat that sounded not unlike a laugh.

Your hearts, your souls, your lives for my Empire

Tarleton LeFleur the Jester King, Emperor of Thera

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 02:17 AM

#84827, "Lol you're the man."
In response to Reply #10

Gosh I'm going to miss you. I might even make my next an Imperial just to have you as my leader. Thanks dude.

Arrna (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:58 AM

#84818, "I have no idea why you acted the way you did...."
In response to Reply #0

... the last two times we spoke/met. I really really liked Kyaltaru and all the fights we had. But that last thing was borderline ooc. And then an ignore on top of it.

I have no idea what "shady ####" you're talking about really. You have no idea about Arrna's role or how she's played. And really, you attacked me first. I drove you out, let you flee, and then let you be until you went after "that guy" again. It was a 1vs1 that you made into a 1vs2, that's why I jumped in. Enough of that though, if you want to I'll post my side of it. (I believe I did everything 100% correct according to Arrna's role and RP-wise. Sorry that ticked you off though.)

Anyways, Kyaltaru was in all other aspects where Arrna met you kickass. Travelling with you those very few times to hunt Gzurweeg or Ahtieli was borderline breaking my role... Shouldn't have done it really.

Anywas, I hope you come back with something cool again.

Arrna (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 02:00 AM

#84819, "And a sidenote..."
In response to Reply #7

... Well, people coming to kill you that you personally don't consider your enemies might be somewhat upsetting to the chars IC. I know that Arrna was highly upset each time the nexuns came or hunted those for the fortress.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 02:07 AM

#84822, "I was pissed off at Kegren."
In response to Reply #7

You kept saying it was one on one with the Orc and to stay out.. yet Kegren attacked me in Galadon before the Orc ever came and then the Orc jumped in. And it's not rocket science that I area attack, and you just walked in the room making me not be able to fight, I figured you would flee and not just stand there. I never initiated it, and then got jumped by you for talking about fair fights and I was just defending myself. It pissed me off.. and the only reason it did was because you were defending a random character that has been grouped with evil and killed more neutrals than evils from what I've seen lately, and you just couldn't understand that I was saying that to you IC.

But yeah, it pissed me off that people like that just get away with terrible ####. And I did take it a little OOC... I am really good about not doing that on ANY of my characters, that was one of only two times in 580+ hours... so sorry.

Other then that yeah, we had some cool fights and generally awesome times and I really liked Arrna, so don't take it personal and I hope to be fighting you with my next.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:50 AM

#84817, "Gosh, Neltouda I forgot!"
In response to Reply #0

Thank you SO much for crafting that harp for me. It was so nice to not have to worry about losing instruments anymore and focus on other things. I got so lucky on doing the quest.. I actually got the orb from above the HTOS hahaha. It was definatly my most favorite reward aside from Daevryn's tat... that thing is just plain retard awesome.

NeltoudaWed 19-Aug-09 12:33 AM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
#84920, "RE: Gosh, Neltouda I forgot!"
In response to Reply #6

Honestly, I had no intentions of giving you the harp. I didn't think for a second that you'd win the vote. It seemed like as Calb that the Nexus kids didn't like you. They were always worried about Calb, thinking you were crazy etc. Then... you win. So I'm thinking, oh gosh, I guess I have to give it to him. So, I send you on another quest (mind you a small one) to get the supplies to make it. I was sort of happy you ate a death from that, as that makes it a good quest. So I get this fantastic harp all fixed up pretty for you, and what do you do? You complain! If I recall correctly, it was only a sigh, but that was complaint enough to get me all stormy. I should have let you eat another death just for that. Alas. I'm glad you figured out that it wasn't just a hunk of obsidian.

As for Kyaltaru and Calb... man. It was always so great to bounce RP off of you, being that we were polar opposites. I liked that we didn't have a loving hand holding type of relationship. Some of the fighting stuff we did would have me cracking up for hours. We rolled so hard sometimes it was just craziness. Then there were the times where you'd want to do something really stupid, and I'm thinking to myself... well if you want to die go ahead, but I'll be in Hillcrest... and then try to talk you out of it. I remember you wanting to roll into the village at the destructor while they were four deep and me just sitting down and saying no way. Good times!

To everyone else as per my thoughts of Kyaltaru, Please excuse my husband.

Rhyaldrin (Guest)Wed 19-Aug-09 04:04 AM

#84925, "I will never forget...."
In response to Reply #59

Us raiding the spire and that damn shifter logging on mid strike. I laughed so hard it hurt.

NeltoudaWed 19-Aug-09 05:05 AM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
#84928, "RE: I will never forget...."
In response to Reply #60

Oh my gosh I'm laughing so hard just thinking about it right now! The provost totally asked me bout it the next day too. Man, that was a hard one to try to explain. Man, we were such a bunch of goobers.

Rhyaldrin (Guest)Wed 19-Aug-09 06:05 AM

#84929, "RE: I will never forget...."
In response to Reply #62

The screwed up part was you said over cb not to do it then Kyal was like "okay lets go" and I said "but she said not to" and he said something to affect of "it's just my wife." So I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, then you showed up probably expecting to find us there and I was trying to talk my way out of the situation then you said screw it lets all go.

I thought this is going to be sweet. Three minutes later I was running in circles swearing a lot (i'd just hit hero range earlier that night). Out of my eight years mudding (7.5 of that elsewhere) that ranks as one of the funniest moments for me.

"Calbaseeti I need help!"
"Just a minute, I'm still laughing."

Ixy (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:32 AM

#84811, "The Clone made you do it, right?"
In response to Reply #0

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:35 AM

#84812, "Lol, I have no freaking idea what was going on with tha..."
In response to Reply #4

Afterwhile it turned into a quest. It seemed to shine like Enlilth but I don't know where it was going... but no.. this was me =P

I'll miss you Ixy.

Rhyaldrin (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:10 AM

#84806, "RE: Kyaltaru is dead and gone, thanks for all the fun."
In response to Reply #0

I hate you for leaving us. You and Calb were the only reason I kept playing here and now I'm a junkie like the rest of you. I was really, really looking forward to following you around and leeching a few more dozen kills. You made me, and the rest of the cabal, look far better than we are :p

Good luck with your next, and please don't make a Rager.

Malakhi (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:07 AM

#84805, "No problem."
In response to Reply #0

>taunted you out of RP where I knew you wouldn't RP back. You
>had it rough against me and never really capitalized so I can
>understand, but at least I tried to RP with you and never took
>your stuff. And all I would get back just seemed to be bitter
>OOC rants.
>

Frankly speaking, I put you on ignore because I got tired of your #### - both in game and on the forums. Ignore seemed a better and more "game immersive" option at the time than "OOC ranting" at you.

I realize alot of people must have loved your character, but I didn't. That happens sometimes. I liked your last lowbie rager, though!

Good luck with your next.

Kyaltaru (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 01:13 AM

#84807, "What "####" IC exactly though?"
In response to Reply #1

That is what I couldn't understand.

I killed you solo most of all our fights, left you everything every single time, and would only RP about how magic could make you stronger than you were just to try and hear your role on why you hated magic. And I never ever poked fun at you trying to piss you off. Because I understood I was tailor-made to beat you.

I even went out of my way to tell you I had Forsaken Thoughts so you'd have a better chance against me since you used wrath/defilement all the time. And you still acted like I was some punk or something.

Malakhi (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 02:11 AM

#84825, "Rather than do that,"
In response to Reply #3

I'm just going to say "good game."

Mardrin (Guest)Tue 18-Aug-09 07:45 AM

#84845, "My experiences were very limited..."
In response to Reply #1

It did seem like you talked a lot of smack, which I'm not saying you can't... just saying in general. It was a little tiresome trying to retrieve and just being woken up repeatedly, having my disarmed weapons picked up and then having to listen to you gloat about it.

I guess I'm not complaining, just kind of saying "Yea, I can see what he's saying." And again, limited interactions with you... just maybe some food for thought?

GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #84804 Previous topic | Next topic