Subject: "Ok, here is my Valg type answer" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25442
Show all folders

DragomirThu 25-Jun-09 01:09 PM
Member since 09th Mar 2006
220 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25457, "Ok, here is my Valg type answer"

>You mentioned that I read an article on "playing to win" in
>the other form. You dont get what I am saying. This game is
>not life in any way. It's suppose to be fun, but some people
>dont make it fun.

Umm... You realize this article is talking about a GAME as well, yes? Not real life? No?

>SOme aspects of the game dont make it fun.
>In real life if I'm playing a game, i'll play it to win. BUt,
>damn, if some of the people in this game just dont play it for
>fun, and do the same thing over and over.

This statement makes no sense. According to you, if you are playing a game in real life, let's say baseball, you will play that game to win, but you would not play CF to win? Why? Because you want to win at baseball but not at CF? So then, if you are trying to play baseball to win, is someone playing just for "fun" allowed to yell at you to stop just hitting home runs? You should try and hit triples and doubles and steal bases because that is more "fun"!

>There's no reason to go into everything, nor do i care to, but
>I realize it's a part of the game.
>
>But, for those who really do the same thing over and over, can
>they really talk crap? It's kind of funny. In real life if
>someone is trying to bash me, or knock me to the ground, am I
>really going to sit there and let him do it over and over? No!
>Trip me over and over? No!

So, what, exactly, would you do in real life if someone kept bashing you? seriously, I want to know what you would do if someone knocked you down everytime you tried to stand up?

>This is not life, which some of you fail to realize, it's
>still a game. No matter what you do, it's still a game, and
>there will be no article to say it's not.

THIS ARTICLE TALKS ABOUT A GAME, NOT REAL LIFE. Did you even read the article? Cause I do not think you did.

Why is it that your idea of what is "fun" has to be the end all and be all? Is it not possible that pincer, pincer, pincer is someone elses idea of "fun"? While I complete agree with you that bash, bash, bash is not fun at all to me personally, I would not go around telling someone "Stop! This is boring for me!" These are other people who have different ideas of what they find "fun". They are, god forbid, allowed to have these thoughts and opinions. Who are you to tell someone what they should or should not find "fun"?

I always like the statement "While you are bound by your RP to play the way you want, do not get mad at me when I play bound by my own RP. Even if it is not what you want it to be." I probably did not get that quote right, but I think the point of it is still there. Just because you play in a way that you find fun, does not mean I have to play by your idea of fun also.

>p.s. Dont tell me I dont get your point, because I do, but
>it's not the same.

I really do not think you do.

As an aside to Valg, if you still read these forums, I don't think I lived up to you that well. How about you come back and show me how it is done!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic"Playing to win" By daervyn [View all] , Funnyone, Thu 25-Jun-09 08:27 AM
Reply The article in question, DurNominator, 22-Jun-10 10:04 AM, #26
Reply Pretty sure some people missing an important point here..., Tsunami, 25-Jun-09 10:12 PM, #15
Reply Ok, here is my Valg type answer, Dragomir, 25-Jun-09 01:09 PM #8
Reply RE:, Daevryn, 25-Jun-09 08:58 AM, #3
Reply Further:, Daevryn, 25-Jun-09 09:02 AM, #4
Reply It's not poker, Dwoggurd, 25-Jun-09 09:49 AM, #5
     Reply RE: It's not poker, Isildur, 25-Jun-09 10:22 AM, #6
     Reply RE: It's not poker, Daevryn, 25-Jun-09 12:09 PM, #7
          Reply Re, Dwoggurd, 25-Jun-09 05:33 PM, #9
          Reply This argument is too extreme., Artificial, 25-Jun-09 07:29 PM, #10
          Reply You are reinforcing the arguement., Theerkla, 25-Jun-09 07:48 PM, #11
          Reply There is a difference between *tactic* and *insta-win*, Artificial, 25-Jun-09 08:45 PM, #12
               Reply Slay is not insta-win, Dwoggurd, 25-Jun-09 08:54 PM, #13
                    Reply Lol., Artificial, 25-Jun-09 09:15 PM, #14
          Reply Dwoggurd's logic is impeccable here, Vortex Magus, 25-Jun-09 11:29 PM, #16
               Reply The fact remains:, Daevryn, 25-Jun-09 11:41 PM, #17
                    Reply RE: The fact remains:, Sarien, 26-Jun-09 08:31 AM, #18
                    Reply RE: The fact remains:, Isildur, 26-Jun-09 10:09 AM, #19
                    Reply Too specific...., Straklaw, 27-Jun-09 03:35 AM, #20
                    Reply Only if you define it one way., Odrirg, 28-Jun-09 03:50 PM, #23
                    Reply hehhehehe, Odrirg, 28-Jun-09 03:35 PM, #22
                    Reply Or,, Pro, 23-Jun-10 12:54 AM, #27
          Reply RE: Re, Eskelian, 21-Jun-10 02:30 PM, #24
               Reply I tap 2 mana and cast...Thread Necromancer! nt, Artificial, 21-Jun-10 03:13 PM, #25
          Reply grass is always greener, Terwin05, 27-Jun-09 08:57 AM, #21
Reply RE:, Aarn, 25-Jun-09 08:43 AM, #2
Reply Someone needs a nap. nt, Splntrd, 25-Jun-09 08:43 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25442 Previous topic | Next topic