Subject: "(DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13497
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 27-Dec-02 12:34 AM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16827 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13497, "(DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"

Fri Dec 27 00:30:03 2002

4 o''clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Grand Struggle on the Theran calendar Nunchyk perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:458
PK Ratio:52% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Gwimdorf, 29-Dec-02 11:04 PM, #42
Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Nunchyk (Guest), 11-Jan-03 05:29 PM, #52
Reply heh, Omian (Guest), 28-Dec-02 10:28 AM, #39
Reply wow...how sad.., Quiditus, 27-Dec-02 11:00 PM, #38
Reply Wow, that was fast., Oddjob, 27-Dec-02 12:44 AM, #2
Reply RE: Wow, that was fast., Nunchyk (Guest), 27-Dec-02 12:49 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Wow, that was fast., Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:05 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Wow, that was fast., Nunchyk (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:54 PM, #33
          Reply Eh?, Oddjob, 29-Dec-02 11:02 PM, #41
               Reply RE: Eh?, Nunchyk (Guest), 30-Dec-02 12:34 AM, #43
     Reply sounds similar, Grogim (Guest), 02-Jan-03 08:49 AM, #45
Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Nunchyk (Guest), 27-Dec-02 12:42 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Aginal (Guest), 27-Dec-02 12:44 AM, #3
     Reply Meaning? n/t, Nunchyk (Guest), 27-Dec-02 12:46 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Meaning? n/t, Aginal (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:06 AM, #7
               Reply Wrong bucko, Nunchyk (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:15 AM, #8
                    Reply RE: Wrong bucko, Aginal (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:24 AM, #9
                         Reply RE: Wrong bucko, Sassmi (Guest), 27-Dec-02 08:58 AM, #21
                         Reply farewell, Lokrin (Guest), 30-Dec-02 11:43 AM, #44
                              Reply Don't remember where I heard it but..., elmeri, 02-Jan-03 10:59 AM, #46
                              Reply true but, incognito, 03-Jan-03 11:18 AM, #47
                              Reply RE: farewell, Nunchyk (Guest), 11-Jan-03 05:40 PM, #54
                         Reply RE: Wrong bucko, Nunchyk (Guest), 11-Jan-03 05:34 PM, #53
     Reply Never really knew you..., Mirdulad (Guest), 27-Dec-02 12:59 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Never really knew you..., Nunchyk (Guest), 11-Jan-03 05:55 PM, #56
     Reply Dark tides are turning...., Anith (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:27 AM, #10
     Reply But wait...., Anith (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:32 AM, #11
     Reply RE: But wait....there's more..., Bajula, 27-Dec-02 02:01 PM, #28
          Reply I agree with everything you mentioned., Anith (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:50 PM, #29
               Reply RE: I agree with everything you mentioned., Bajula, 27-Dec-02 04:59 PM, #34
               Reply ., Aginal (Guest), 27-Dec-02 07:23 PM, #36
                    Reply Oh ya..., Aginal (Guest), 27-Dec-02 07:24 PM, #37
                    Reply RE: ., Bajula, 29-Dec-02 08:31 AM, #40
     Reply RE: Dark tides are turning...., Esmi (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:32 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Dark tides are turning...., Elrys (Guest), 27-Dec-02 09:29 AM, #23
     Reply RE: Dark tides are turning...., Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 11:08 AM, #27
          Reply What do you expect really?, Vortigern (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:42 PM, #32
               Reply this really goes into the issue of RPing vs PlayerEnjoy..., Quid (Guest), 10-Jan-03 03:48 PM, #49
     Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Sassmi (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:41 AM, #12
     Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Nunchyk (Guest), 11-Jan-03 05:46 PM, #55
     Reply You were one of my few friends in the grove, Aldon (Guest), 27-Dec-02 01:49 AM, #13
     Reply RE: You were one of my few friends in the grove, Nunchyk (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:01 AM, #14
          Reply RE: You were one of my few friends in the grove, Aldon (Guest), 27-Dec-02 02:09 AM, #15
     Reply Damnit not both of you in one night!, Esmi (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:20 AM, #16
     Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Astaria (Guest), 27-Dec-02 04:28 AM, #18
     Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Nunchyk (Guest), 27-Dec-02 05:03 AM, #19
     Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Bajula, 27-Dec-02 07:02 AM, #20
     Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Prendac, 27-Dec-02 09:16 AM, #22
     Reply RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds, Ulthur, 27-Dec-02 09:48 AM, #24
     Reply When it rains, it pours..., Trajeona (Guest), 27-Dec-02 10:50 AM, #25
     Reply RE: When it rains, it pours..., Phylanthorin (Guest), 27-Dec-02 10:57 AM, #26
     Reply RE: When it rains, it pours..., Nunchyk (Guest), 11-Jan-03 04:09 PM, #51
     Reply Yea but we had hard time to, you know?, Vortigern (Guest), 27-Dec-02 03:34 PM, #31
     Reply *growl*, Nycoe (Guest), 27-Dec-02 05:53 PM, #35
     Reply Missed this when it happened, Purlota (Guest), 10-Jan-03 07:34 AM, #48
          Reply RE: Missed this when it happened, Nunchyk (Guest), 11-Jan-03 03:59 PM, #50

GwimdorfSun 29-Dec-02 11:04 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13498, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

Man, I am really sorry to see you gone. It was always nice to have you and your snares about. Good luck and I will see you around!

Nunchyk (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 05:29 PM

#13499, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #42

Yeah, it was just the same ole stuff I'd mentioned to you before you deleted to all appearances. With you gone and still no word from any of the Sylvan Imms (granted my timing sucked, since it was the holidays) dying those last few times were just the proverbial straw. I can't remember how many times I went from geared to dead to geared to dead again in a matter of a few hours. And with 'any' kind of support from the gods of the Grove I'd have stuck it out, but when you're burning yourself out gearing and dying with no one around you just burn out. Missed you in the Grove, more for your company than anything else, but we had our fair share of random chaotic deaths....

I still like group teleportl). Getting popped waiting at the pit so I could get my gear and 'try' to recover sucked, but once Vortigern withered me it was either stay and die or lose everything and start from scratch. I was tired of regearing so I took the death... no biggy. Hope you have fun as a hero-imm, it's fun for the most part and if history is any indicator you and Saldradien will be pushing the Grove along for the foreseeable future. Oh and that other hero-imm who talks weird.
Have fun and take care stinky feet!
Nun

Omian (Guest)Sat 28-Dec-02 10:28 AM

#13500, "heh"
In response to Reply #0

well, thanks for the interaction and the jazz. just like everyone else I too think it sucks to have three heroes dissapearing in notime, but then again I guess it gets more interesting that way. now if only I could grab a few ranks and give miss strawberry a hand then there's also that weird rumour going around sylvan about some other thing, but I guess that's IC, but very very amusing

best of luck.

QuiditusFri 27-Dec-02 11:00 PM
56 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13501, "wow...how sad.."
In response to Reply #0

traveled with you a bit around 30ish ranks if I believe, but then you soon ranked way passed me and I deleted/banned (no I refuse to go into that stupid conversation again so please no one reply regarding that) then met you again on a new char but won't mention it here till I delete. I kinda feel bad for the grove now with 3 of its highest ranking players gone in a day...scions gonna make the sapling a permanent addition to their items ah well hope to see you on your next..

OddjobFri 27-Dec-02 12:44 AM
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#13502, "Wow, that was fast."
In response to Reply #0

I could be wrong but didnt you get Cap after Gwimmy Immed? That was like what...6 days?

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Nunchyk (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 12:49 AM

#13503, "RE: Wow, that was fast."
In response to Reply #2

Not sure of the exactly time frame... if it gives you any indication of how shitty things were going I think I went from a 20 con to a 17 in however long a time period that was. That's leader con so I chomped a fair number of deaths in that short amount of time. My last ranger didn't have such problems but he wasn't ignored by the Sylvan Imms and set upon by a cabal that inducts pretty freely and is rewarded for it...
*Shrug*

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:05 PM

#13505, "RE: Wow, that was fast."
In response to Reply #5

Man, no offense, but I deleted with 8 con. I had to go through losing empowerment at hero rank as a price for getting into Sylvan. You got leader ahead of other people and just threw it away when you had 17 con left? Good lord what a puss.

And I did bitch you and Cardiel out when you fled from the Nightwalker. Cardiel fled the moment he arrived rather than standing and hitting the Nightwalker with a couple novas and then fleeing. And if you showed up while you were hurt, that sucks, but I would rather two of us die and get the sapling back than leave it with them for hours and hours on end until they logged off. Thats not fighting for what you believe thats waiting until there is no fight.

Nunchyk (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:54 PM

#13506, "RE: Wow, that was fast."
In response to Reply #30

A puss? Hrmmm interesting turn here. No, I 'will' delete when I'm in a cabal and next to nobody is showing up. And gung-ho types who die often when they shouldn't usually sucker me into joining them because I'm all about team. Put me on a team where I feel like the majority of the team is doing nothing and I'll quit everytime.
I didn't give a ##### about con, whether it was maxed or next to nothing I'm never worried about con dying and it's only happened to me once. Almost all of my characters age die or delete.
So yes, some might argue I should have stuck it out, but I was tired of staying up till 3 am every morning just to regear. ##### that, it's a game if a character is no fun time for a new one.
In my eyes the fact that you had all of that behind you would theoretically make you wanna hang onto your character more. I don't judge your logging on with the intention of deleting, so calling me a puss, especially 'you' doing it, is poor form.
WTFE
Laters

OddjobSun 29-Dec-02 11:02 PM
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#13507, "Eh?"
In response to Reply #33

>
> A puss? Hrmmm interesting turn here. No, I 'will' delete
>when I'm in a cabal and next to nobody is showing up. And
>gung-ho types who die often when they shouldn't usually
>sucker me into joining them because I'm all about team. Put
>me on a team where I feel like the majority of the team is
>doing nothing and I'll quit everytime.

You do realise that when the "team" isnt pulling their own weight, when you are the leader its your fault don't you? If you want something changed, change it. When you are the leader deleting and citing frustration with the cabal members isnt really valid IMHO. A leader shows he is a leader by sticking in there and being online often when times are tough. When people see that they {ERCIEVE Sylvan to do well. Soon the application notes will FLOOD in. This...I promiss you.

> I didn't give a ##### about con, whether it was maxed or
>next to nothing I'm never worried about con dying and it's
>only happened to me once. Almost all of my characters age
>die or delete.

Without getting into a pissing match that I dont really care about. You certainly have come across like CON is a priority to you. You even cited how much CON you lost in a set amount of time in one post if I remember right.

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Nunchyk (Guest)Mon 30-Dec-02 12:34 AM

#13508, "RE: Eh?"
In response to Reply #41

Nope con doesn't matter at all, it was just something I used to illustrate a point. ie. Dying like its fun to do. As for the cabal members, I generaly 'try' to be as patient and understanding as possible with people aren't showing up as much as they should. Trust me there were more than a couple I had slated for booting but hadn't. As far as the leader being responsible, I can see this if it's a case of people being around just running around like chickens with their heads cut off, but when a fair number of your cabal members aren't showing up at all how do you direct non-existence? I know, boot them, but I have no clue of knowing if they were on five minutes before I logged on and so forth.

Not sure why you think I want tuteledge from you, but the gist of why I deleted was because most of my time was spent regearing/defending, and gradually without the companionship of fellow cabalmates and so forth, it gets old fast. Character turned out to be more work than fun. In general I will delete whether I'm a leader or just a member of any cabal that is next to empty when I play. My largest disappointment was not in the mortals but in the Immortals of the Grove. That's not a slam cause I know they're busy and they have lives, just expected 'something' not a great deal but something.... by way of word or response to a couple notes I wrote to them. Notes written after watching warders getting disheartened and feeling overwhelmed. In the end it doesn't matter though, I have the good memories from running around and the rest can fade...

Grogim (Guest)Thu 02-Jan-03 08:49 AM

#13504, "sounds similar"
In response to Reply #5

I went through a 4 leadercon from 25 down to 23 in the same time frame. The scions were enjoying their gang but you should ahve hung in there.

Nunchyk (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 12:42 AM

#13509, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

Well this was fun at first and quickly soured. The Grove is in the crapper right now, and I've already voiced my thoughts to those involved concerning it. There's only so many times you can get smoked and full-looted before it gets to be pedantic.

Sassmi G'luck, was fun running around with you but without causing quality to suffer the Grove is just gonna take it in the rear for some time. You'll need all the luck you can get, though I think you'll fair alot better than I did.

Phylanthorin The same, I wouldn't care if Saldradien rides me or dislikes me, like I said, a beast of the wilds doesn't do anything it does to impress people except in mating or vying for position. Otherwise it is what it is and the rest is nature. Sorry to jump ship but I was getting to the point where I really wanted to let some individuals have it and that makes for no fun.

Tons of people I ran with and so forth, I know I'm forgetting lots. If you shout out I'll respond, but otherwise I'm just glad this character is over with. I don't think I'll be returning to the grove again, and the only other cabal I like looks to be in similar straights so it's an extended break at the very least.

It wasn't so much the deaths that bothered me but coming back to an empty corpse 10 times out of 10 makes this game just so much wasted time. Honestly, the Imms should get rid of preps altogether, because between gathering those and regearing I didn't get to do much else.
Alot of wasted time...
Peace out
Nunchyk

Aginal (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 12:44 AM

#13543, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

What a way to go.

Nunchyk (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 12:46 AM

#13544, "Meaning? n/t"
In response to Reply #3

nt

Aginal (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:06 AM

#13545, "RE: Meaning? n/t"
In response to Reply #4

Meaning? Meaning going out screaming, and then whinging is no way to go. I am sure that you did not mind when it was three cabals working over scion, and the loot was going to you. Then you are repaid in kind and life is terrible? Want to know why you're con dropped so fast? Poor judgement. Nothing devious about everyone out to get you, just your own fault. So sure, role up that evil and jump on the scion bandwagon, you seem the personality to go for the winning side.

Nunchyk (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:15 AM

#13546, "Wrong bucko"
In response to Reply #7

I primarily play villagers and occasionally sylvan. I don't do bandwagons. As far as poor judgement I'll admit to having succumbed to it on more than one occasion, but as a leader of a non-evil cabal I'm supposed to inspire and be more of a warder than your average warder so yes I took chances that were often foolish, usually trying to defend or regain the sapling. I know you figure everyone should do the scion and wait till you have three or four times the number of characters but some of us don't like to wait that long.
As for whining, no I just think it's kind'a fucked up that sylvan gets a revamp to refocus on protecting the wilds, but aside from chameleon, windwalk and beast call none of their powers are useful or effective against people in your own range, unless they're a thief or warrior who can't pull you out of camo.
Anyone can get into scion, or at least that's my conception of scion, and they've got the most offensive/defensive powers around on a one to one basis. Being able to blanket an area in a no herb, blindness causing, poisoning, cursing, blowing you out of camo affect is just sad #####.
You didn't know me nor I you, so I don't think I'd presume that you did. Trajeona was respectable and fun to fight, Anith was more fun before because her forms allowed her to be brave. Vortigern wasn't bad either, I despised he and Anith for killing me a tthe pit but duh they're evil... go figure. For the most part I didn't speak to or know many of the scions, so I don't say anything about them. Seems you mistakenly believe you know something of me.

Aginal (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:24 AM

#13547, "RE: Wrong bucko"
In response to Reply #8

Defensive aren't we? Al I know about you is that often others would try to get the sapling back, and you just sit camoflauged somewhere. I also know that once faerie fired you ran. You want to know something that is inspiring in leaders? Them not dying all the time. Yes, ballsy and succesful is great, but not ballsy and dead.

Sassmi (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 08:58 AM

#13549, "RE: Wrong bucko"
In response to Reply #9

Being able to stay alive is good. But the fact is if you have like lets say 3 scions trying to catch you and 2 happens to be invoker, good luck in staying alive. And one thing is if you can't catch someone by yourself then don't ever tell the person that they are lucky when they get away from you. 'Cos they probably have the same chance to chase you away as well, though might not be able to kill you, on the one on one fighting odds. If you need others to kill, which most classes does ('cos most classes doesn't have the ability to make the opponent stay within the fight, on a one on one fight), then don't try to tell them that they are lucky, 'cos they can probably kill you too, if you're in their shoes. And two things, Nunchyk don't run away all the time at least not when he's healthy when he's fogged out. Another thing is Sylvan is mostly about ambushing not open attack. One last fact is that, most leaders die more than other members of the cabal.

Strawberry trying to act smart here

Lokrin (Guest)Mon 30-Dec-02 11:43 AM

#13550, "farewell"
In response to Reply #21

couple of points:

Personally, I don't believe that a leader who dies a lot is worse than a leader who doesn't. The important thing is that the leader tries. Dying is only bad if they repeatedly die because of incompetence. If they die only because the odds are stacked against them, as a follower, I would find it inspiring that someone is willing to die for the cause.

Secondly, I just wanted to say that respected Nunchyk whilst I played Lokrin. He was one sylvan I knew wouldn't attack me without reason. You could tell that he had honor from our conversations. Good luck with your next, Nunchyk.

elmeriThu 02-Jan-03 10:59 AM
4 posts
#13552, "Don't remember where I heard it but..."
In response to Reply #44

You will never, ever win a war by dieing for your country. You win wars by making the other son of a bitch die for his country.

incognitoFri 03-Jan-03 11:18 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13553, "true but"
In response to Reply #46

I bet the guy saying it didn't have the ability to come back to life more than 50 times.

Nunchyk (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 05:40 PM

#13551, "RE: farewell"
In response to Reply #44

It was always odd bumping into you in passing. You'd say, I'm hunting so and so, we gonna butt heads? And I'd say, No, unless you're a defiler or are harming the wilds I've got no reason to fight you... and that was that.. happened two or three times I think. I'm too used to old-school sylvan, I never tried to leave snares laying unattended or drop them until I knew my prey was near if I could help it... still managed to catch more than a few paladins, warriors and such, but I'd either remove my weapons and free them or stand with them and let them know it was a mistake and I'd hit anyone who came to fight them. Comes from not wanting to leave walls of thorns unattended and so forth... likewise I generally don't fight people who aren't supposed to be my foes or make themselves such... Unless I'm uncaballed, then I just follow my alignment and mood...

Didn't get to travel with you or interact over any degree of time but you were a curiosity and as a ranger I was leary of almost 'all' assassins, since mark of the prey could make things a pain. (And I likewise have a huge problem with quitting while I'm marked, though I think that's something that's been worked on recently so it can carry over.(By recently I mean within the last couple years...)
Take care and have fune,
Nun

Nunchyk (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 05:34 PM

#13548, "RE: Wrong bucko"
In response to Reply #9

Addressed fleeing and such in my response to Trajeona. I agree to a degree with some of what you're saying, but all in all I can tell I don't like your way of communicating it at all. So it was fun but it's over, have fun an' g'bye.
Nunchyk

Mirdulad (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 12:59 AM

#13541, "Never really knew you..."
In response to Reply #1

But we had a couple of fights, I still remember that unspeakable though resist (Yeouch), and that was a nasty little trap you and the Paladins had. Only advice I can give you is bearcharge! Your ambushes would take 300hp or so, but I'd flee instantly and fiend you, whereas your axes did 2-3 MANGLES a round, so one or two bearcharges (Plus a couple of Paladin wraths) and I was dead. I'd hoped to get to know you better, and I know how it feels to get ganged and full looted, the ganging doesn't bother me, it's the full looting that pisses me off.

Will you be back? I hope so, always respected the way you stuck around even when the odds were against you.

Nunchyk (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 05:55 PM

#13542, "RE: Never really knew you..."
In response to Reply #6

This post surprised me when I first read it. At first I'd figured you were scion, add to that that you're half-drow and I was all about trying to kill you. Then found out you weren't scion, which meant you were still on the kill-list just not as high-priority. (I have more than a little compassion for uncaballed/hunted players. Unless they've earned the unwanted attention.)

But after our first tussel and my soon thereafter fall to the only fiend that ever got me, (I resisted mental far too late) and our paths momentarily crossed you came at me with a bloodthirsty killing retort when I tried to strike up conversation, so I told you I wasn't interested in continuing with any kind of discussion. The turnabout in attitude surprised me as much as your nice words here, (bi-polar? jk) G'luck with your bard and have fun.

I wouldn't try to hit the nightwalker with tons of opposition unless I thought I could finish it cause otherwise the'd usually just heal it back up, but true I generally wouldn't leave if I could stay, until we'd regained the sapling. Usually that meant several hours with six+ scions on in range. But that's no biggy as a ranger in the wilds...
Take care,
Nun

Anith (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:27 AM

#13528, "Dark tides are turning...."
In response to Reply #1

The few Scions of the land were being hunted ruthlessly by the combined hoards of all the other cabals.....Through hard work and preserverence we have overcome the brutal death-sqauds which hunted us non-stop. Finally our turn came.....The village was crushed, warlocks toppled, the grove razed. We did this by demoralizing our foes, leaving them bare, constantly, killing them as they unghost, and every 'under-handed' thing you can imagine. Yes, we are all pricks....*snort*

Bah....first bit of resistance and all the lightwalkers go into hiding or crumble. People wonder why the game goes so lopsided...and this is because, all the lightwalkers/scion haters delete or dont log on to save gear, then the Scions get bored.....

You should be able to take it...after giving it for so long. You mention full-looting.....well look back to when you held some power. Sassmi was the only warder who ever returned items of no use to her...The other few times ive died, I too was left bare...and fully expected it to be so.......Maybe this is a lesson to those others who whine about full-looting. Suck it up, if you die, you should have some penalties.....

Anith (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:32 AM

#13534, "But wait...."
In response to Reply #10

I just bitched without making a point.....I liked Nunchyk, and we had some fun fights. The early years and raids were cool. You showed up to fight and Id like to think we gave you some good times in raiding and stuff.....im just ticked all my foes are dying off because of a few deaths when we have power for a change...

Take care and come back for some more......

BajulaFri 27-Dec-02 02:01 PM
929 posts
#13535, "RE: But wait....there's more..."
In response to Reply #11

i have to say i was experimenting with evil char (before holiday vacation) and i have to say go team evil! i suck at being evil and i felt that i was gonna have to make one. so i am glad y'all are back in it even if i don't agree with the methods. i was near delete out of boredom, now i'm re-gearing and a ghost most of the time which is what i am used to so i feel more comfortable.
heh. now though i can do another goodie and not worry that i'm not the underdog.
i don't care so much about being gang-banged, i am upset at double standards, you gank people and then bitch if they gank you?
(generic you not you specifically)
being full looted is disheartening enough, and getting continually slain as you unghost is really harsh.. but looting 4 bread?!?! hehe

why even bother? if you see all the person has is garbage because they are re-gearing after a five death run and just figure grab some junk to get by and help get better stuff. why even sac it unless you are looking to drive people to stop playing altogether?
(by the way goodies'll probably full loot more often now .. out of really needing the gear)

oh and while i am on it.. to good and evil alike. what is all this whining about running.. in almost every section in these forums, and in the help file on tips etc... are variations of these suggestions:

if you didn't start it get outta there.
keep moving, type where pk alot.. if you see more than one quaff something.
blah blah blah.. everyone tells you to run. then turns and whines that people run?!?! c'mon .. i don't prep, i don't run (very often)
and what does it get me? dead.. alot. and i mean alot!
now i won't stop for ic reasons.. but most chars aren't like me.
so just stop. jeez.

hrm that wasn't meant to be harsh in tone if it sounds like that.

Anith (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:50 PM

#13536, "I agree with everything you mentioned."
In response to Reply #28

You will laugh when you see the list of my previous charactors when I die off finally. No...I am not an evil prick in real life....I have to work damn hard at being a prick in the game, and find myself being nice when I shouldnt.

Also: There is nothing wrong with running....I love it when someone runs out of a large fight. This usually tells me....chase him..he isnt ready. WHich I do. *wink* Hell, If I am not prepared to fight, I dont fight....which gets me barbs at times, in game.

BajulaFri 27-Dec-02 04:59 PM
929 posts
#13540, "RE: I agree with everything you mentioned."
In response to Reply #29

that explains much, player end i like your char..
character end.. grrrrr.. hehe

Aginal (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 07:23 PM

#13537, "."
In response to Reply #29

I just have to put my two cents in on this string. On gang banging, looting and running. I fight people where I see them. People with me, people not with me. Sure, I'd like someone with me, usually to curse or stun. Looting? I killed Elsinmey and took a couple of her rods. Left her all her clothes, and even a sleek black. Why? Because I don't fight her often. So I don't consider her any type of threat. Why would I take all of a paladin's things? Because they are going to keep coming, and coming and coming, and I'll be damned if I am going to make it any easier for them. Yes, it's mean and terrible and all that other crap. I've been full looted and you know what? I never get pissed off at the person that did it. I get pissed off at myself, berating myself for not doing this, seeing that. Then I calm down, get some basics, kill some people and take their clothes. That is CF right there. Kill die repeat. At some point, I am actually happy when a character of mine dies and loses everything, it gives me something to do besides keep locating the one or two things left I want. As for running, it comes down to if you're going to talk it, walk it. You say you're going to kill me, fine. Do it. Need your friends? Fine. Get them. Don't expect me to not try to run though when being shield bashed, roundhoused and neuroed into oblivion while a tiger is tearing into me as well. Just as I don't expect anyone to really stay once I start annihilating them with buffets. It is idiocy in either situation to stay. Just don't whine to me in either situaiton. My two cents.

Aginal (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 07:24 PM

#13539, "Oh ya..."
In response to Reply #36

In real life I *AM* an evil prick. Should clear up a few things.

BajulaSun 29-Dec-02 08:31 AM
929 posts
#13538, "RE: ."
In response to Reply #36

hehe cool. member i cheered team evil a couple of posts up?? and yeah i am glad to have something to do even if it is to die horribly fast.
(have i been peaceful that long?) i think overdoing it is just bleh. i wasn't whining for me.. the bread stealing just boggled me. okay well it isn't stealing, y'all killed me its yours.. i think that's the way people should view it, will probably help hrm?
(again y'all you and yours are generic, not specific)
i can see the reasoning behind saccing the pallys things though. most of the time i even agree with someone's choice to do so..
m'member also in the post, that i didn't care about getting killed nor looted, gear is nothing. it was not even getting killed upon unghosting. it was the like 5th time of that that i was thinkin "they tryin' to make me quit playin'?"
wasn't even worried for myself, but i thought points needed to be brought up.. and people talking about nunchyk and others running..

hrm sorry nun just remembered this is a memorial to you and i have climbed on a pedestal over your grave sorry man. umm i'm gonna move on over to gameplay i think. again i apologize

Esmi (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:32 AM

#13533, "RE: Dark tides are turning...."
In response to Reply #10

Bah....first bit of resistance and all the lightwalkers go into hiding or crumble. People wonder why the game goes so lopsided...and this is because, all the lightwalkers/scion haters delete or dont log on to save gear, then the Scions get bored.....

All I have to say is, if you consider the 6 gangbangs I had to fight through tonight to be a "bit of resistance" then you really need to get out more. People who try to justify repeated gangbangs on naked or near naked people make me sick, especially when said person has gone out of their way NOT go gang on other people. Ganging the hell out of people until it's just no fun for them anymore is what causes people to delete. Sure some of them are pussies who delete at the first sign of trouble, but most I think are just people who don't find being ganked repeatedly while naked to be any fun. Can't say I blame them.

Elrys (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 09:29 AM

#13532, "RE: Dark tides are turning...."
In response to Reply #10

>Bah....first bit of resistance and all the lightwalkers go
>into hiding or crumble.

Or sometimes at the first bit of resistance our cable modem goes bad, and we're f-ed for two weeks.

Remeber also that it's the holiday season; A lot of people take vacations. There's probably some amount of run-and-hide, but that certainly is not all there is to it.

>We did this by demoralizing our foes, leaving them bare, constantly,
>killing them as they unghost, and every 'under-handed' thing you can >imagine. Yes, we are all pricks....*snort*

You're actually the only one I've met who intentionally hunts people as they unghost. I have no problem with you doing those things, but I don't think it's accurate to say that most of the Scions are like that.
I'm sure you (plural) deserve some credit for your routing your foes by your overwhelmingly inventive morale-crushing techniques, but there are a lot of other factors at play as well.

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 11:08 AM

#13529, "RE: Dark tides are turning...."
In response to Reply #10

It wasn't the constantly being hunted or ganged that bothered me so much as the 4 hero shamans who made it impossible for me to raid because despite my -70 sspell I got dispelled every single time, without question. I think there is a serious game balance issue when what I saw was Scion either being destroyed all the time or sitting there with so many heros that you'd have to manage every lightwalker on the mud to try to retrieve.

The current state of things I think needs to change and this is why:
There seems to be on/off switch for Scion now. On means you have 6+ heros and all the cabal items. Off means you have 2- heros and some people come with 2-3 people and rape you. Just my 2 cents but I think this is a sad state of affairs.

And I wouldn't pat myself on the back that Caysh decided never to show up or induct Warlocks, or that Maran doesn't seem to have any new members either. It wasn't your crushing assaults so much as those cabals not inducting for whatever reason or those players just not playing. You also got a lot of help from Nexus, so don't bemoan the death-squads too much.

And I also think hunting people who are unghosting is by far the most assinine thing a person could do. You aren't going to have any fun either if you don't have any enemies, and multikilling people while they go to get gear is more demoralizing to the person playing the game than anything.

Vortigern (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:42 PM

#13530, "What do you expect really?"
In response to Reply #27

That we'd give you all your things back with a smile in our face, telling you that we love you and care about you, then give you flowers and tell you good luck next time?

EVIL! Yes we will be assholes, yes we want those who oppose us gone, yes we will full loot, yes we'll attack you when you unghost when you stick at the pit for your things...get a clue sheesh.

Quid (Guest)Fri 10-Jan-03 03:48 PM

#13531, "this really goes into the issue of RPing vs PlayerEnjoy..."
In response to Reply #32

Personally I agree with Vort with the sense that going all out to destroy your enemies is more important than making the mud fun. Though I and I think every other CFer hates gettin full looted and multi-killed it only makes sense in an RP sense. What upsets ME personally is people who bitch about getting full looted after they do it themselves for their last bunch of PK's. In my opinion stick to your role, don't full loot if your role doesn't call for it (or if you know if that guy gets his gear back he's gonna smash you fast)

Sassmi (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:41 AM

#13526, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

Yes, I'll definitely need alot of luck. I have to thank you so many times, you're always there for me most of the time. But I doubt I'll fair better than you though. Come back soon please.....

Strawberry gonna roll around alone this time

Nunchyk (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 05:46 PM

#13527, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #12

You were always fun to have around and you lifted my spirits when you were around. You'll do fine, and I'm glad you're the new Captain, though I'm not sure who all are your lieutenants now. I know of at least one that surprises me and doesn't in the same breath. Surprises me because of the time they've spent around and doesn't because they were obviously a favorite of a certain Sylvan Imm.

I'd wanted to do alot rp-wise with Sylvan, but constants to and fro item taking, dying, regearing, getting frustrated with the lack of any kind of response and such put the serious kibosh on those ideas. Have fun with it and have fun in general.
Bye little claimed by the stinky-footed one, Strawberry
G'luck
Nun

Aldon (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 01:49 AM

#13523, "You were one of my few friends in the grove"
In response to Reply #1

Though you were one of my few friends in Sylvan, you still pissed me off on occasion. I did have fun with you though, on mount Kiadana.

Nunchyk (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:01 AM

#13524, "RE: You were one of my few friends in the grove"
In response to Reply #13

How did I piss you off? We ran together a'lil and then you vanished.... not sure when I could have done anything to piss you off.

Aldon (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 02:09 AM

#13525, "RE: You were one of my few friends in the grove"
In response to Reply #14

That incident with Tarnyxil upset me, more OOC than IC. As a player, I knew that you purposely let her get away and it irked me.

As for my vanishing...I needed to take a break from this character or I'd have deleted.

Esmi (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:20 AM

#13522, "Damnit not both of you in one night!"
In response to Reply #1

You were a good and stalwart companion for Esmi. Well except for those times you got a wild hair up your ass and we went charging off and I died saving you. heh, I wouldn't have traded a single of those deaths with you, for a HUNDRED with someone else. Or something.

Astaria (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 04:28 AM

#13520, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

FORGET ABOUT ME WHY DON'T YOU! dammit!!!! I liked traveling with you at the end. You seemed a little new to me, but oh well. I hope you make another great character and keep up the good work. And no fighting invokers in the mountains dammit!!!! Too bad I never made it back in.

Astaria

Nunchyk (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 05:03 AM

#13521, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #18

Not new, hadn't played in a while true. And no I didn't forget you, wish you'd stayed around with an invoker and a paladin we'd most likely have given as well as we got. Burnt out for a bit though...
I had fun running around with you and I hold most invokers in high-esteem just because they have to practice their butts off to achieve anything. You were fun to have around and run with though we ran together seldom, it's always nice to have someone around who can keep people from kicking dirt in your eyes
Take care and thanks for the fun
Nun

BajulaFri 27-Dec-02 07:02 AM
929 posts
#13519, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

dang sory to hear it.. when i went to get you and sassmi out of 'stuck place' by the time i got there you were fading to the void and i couldn't get ya out of camo to word ya. hehe sassmi while i was lagged from sanctifying room did something that got her in another 'stuck place' had to do it again.. hehe they got me i think 7 times that day (yesterday? today? whew been a long day) mostly naked or with little gear.. but who cares eh? i did get depressed though.. so i understand. i just stop and think of something else before deciding to delete.
i'm getting to where i despise y own char though.. hehe

PrendacFri 27-Dec-02 09:16 AM
0 posts
#13518, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

Bah... Just when I come back to Carrion Fields from a long break, you gotta go. Sorry I wasn't around much, I had gotten bored for a little while and just didnt log on. Just recently I gained a little bit of interest and I will be back to full time now. You had a good char and were fun to be with.

UlthurFri 27-Dec-02 09:48 AM
44 posts
#13517, "RE: (DEL) Nunchyk the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

That's quite a blow, loosing you and Gwim and Phylanthorin at once. I suppose the evils haven't been in power since Dullameh's time, so it's not too bad. Snare is nasty, and you used it to some high levels of effectiveness. Good luck.

Back to work!

.ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Trajeona (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 10:50 AM

#13514, "When it rains, it pours..."
In response to Reply #1

You, Phy, Gwim gone within what...2 hours? And half the village before that. Interesting...

Well, you did well. I remember doing the cat and mouse thing with you for quite a while; then finally you and Grogrim set up that nasty nasty ambush. Well done.

As far as the ganging/full-looting thing goes, I know how frustrating it can be. Just look at the log I put under Guenrayn's death. Not that it makes it any easier, but as a leader I think you just have to assume you'll never get anything back. The only person who didn't full loot me was, I believe, Tobeldest, although there may be more. I'm not bitter, but at the same time, I don't expect it any other way. Here today, gone tomorrow, so to speak.

Hope you return and give it another shot.

Phylanthorin (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 10:57 AM

#13516, "RE: When it rains, it pours..."
In response to Reply #25

The timing of my deletion seems strange in light of Nunchyk's, but as I posted in my own farewell, I had the farewell scroll all written, the eq distributed, and had make my peace with both friends and enemies. The ONE thing I didn't do before I died which disappointed me was not getting the sapling back. We took it down to convulsing, but just couldn't get it done.

Nunchyk (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 04:09 PM

#13515, "RE: When it rains, it pours..."
In response to Reply #25

Trajeona was fun to fight, and there were always those times when I was fighting Imbessar and could expect you or the other dark-elf healer, Daelethin? (spelleheck) to gate to me and fog me and walk with imbessar and your nightwalker. That was more the other drow than you though. You would gate to me near darsylon, on eastern and I'm guessing whenever you got the chance and felt like it. Was always fun and it was always amusing to have other people in my group or that I'm talking to looking for you and then tell them that you just gated to me 'again'. Anytime a healer is the leader of a cabal that cabal does pretty well when their leader is around, for a while the Grove and the Pit had parity...

As for those who mentioned I fled alot, this is true. I'd done my part in fighting for too long against invokers, shamans and the like and each time I ended up falling, so... When I was faerie fired, and it was a full-on raid with foes at the bear I'd try to stay. If our foes were all gathered away from the bear had a summoner and usually an invoker with them and I was faeried, I'd leave because as past experience has taught, otherwise I'll get summoned and lagged to death. Likewise with nasty healers around, if you let yourself get too hurt before you fled you were meat. Usually when I fled I was blind and faerie fired. A ranger is useless if he's blind for the most part.. so I'd withdraw to hopefully be of more use when I could actually harm my foes and not most likely just donate my gold and gear to them...
Oh well... I had fun for a bit and Trajeona was fun to fight and not your typical snooty dark-elf...
take care
Nun

Vortigern (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 03:34 PM

#13513, "Yea but we had hard time to, you know?"
In response to Reply #1

When I first entered the Fold, was always without the Scepter then I started ranking my ass off then I was able to retreave and then I got in hero range and we started to have more Scions. You don't know how many times I died when I was in hero range....even lost like 4 con in two days? I decided to just quick and relax before I'd delete.

About Nunchyk...yes the name annoyed me but the character was fun to fight with. Last time we did fight...I just had lost my aura and you were able to get an annahilate...ouch. Then got you back inside. Overall, was pretty even though we never fought one on one...either you or I was with others and we only fought in raids.

Good luck with whatever you wish to do next, and Happy 2003!

Nycoe (Guest)Fri 27-Dec-02 05:53 PM

#13512, "*growl*"
In response to Reply #1

Damn I miss a lot nowaday. I got a job now. I dont play that much now, need some lose change to get me some booze. Good luck with your next char.

Purlota (Guest)Fri 10-Jan-03 07:34 AM

#13510, "Missed this when it happened"
In response to Reply #1

We only fought for a few days while you rocketed up through the ranks, but one time when I had you slept in Tabershaw's, the mud crashed and you actually came right back after the crash. You did have a healer helping you out, but I gained a ton of respect for the player of the character after that.

Nunchyk (Guest)Sat 11-Jan-03 03:59 PM

#13511, "RE: Missed this when it happened"
In response to Reply #48

Yeah you caught me not seeing invis, or rather I wandered straight into you I think. Having Gwim about was a stroke of luck when you slept me, then the world crashed. I thought about it... no clue how fast Gwim would log on or you, or if either of you would, but regardless I got slept and there really wasn't an option in my opinion. Staying logged off to avoid you is alot like dropping link to avoid a fight in my eyes so... I got lucky, but it was fun regardless...
G'luck

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13497 Previous topic | Next topic