Subject: "RE: Shifters and offense forms" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1249
Show all folders

IsildurWed 11-Jun-03 02:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1271, "RE: Shifters and offense forms"

>I mean I see offense forms as being able to hit hard or alot
>compared to other shifters and that is why they study
>offensive beasts.

They do hit alot compared to other shifters.

>I mean sure, its not supposed to tank
>because its offense, but I mean hitting the same as a camelot
>geared warrior at the same rank is just stupid.

This sounds like an exaggeration. Before you get your fourth form you need to think of yourself as a weak-ass axe warrior with no spec skills: you can't tank, you hit but not always very hard, and you can't do anything really interesting in combat.

In general pre-4th form shifters are inferior to well-geared, well-practiced warriors of the same rank who've specialized in weapons that are at least moderately offensive from a non-tank position (e.g. axe, mace, sword). But unlike the non-offensive warriors they're not good for anything but damage. So yes, it will be harder to rank your shifter until you get a 4th form. After that, depending on which form you get, you may find you have an *easier* time ranking than most warriors. Tiger is probably the worst 4th form to have as far as ranking goes since it has the lowest damage output. It makes up for this low damage output with improved tanking and pounce, neither of which help you rank (but are useful in other ways).

As for how often pounce goes off...that may improve as you become more experienced with the form. I've never played a tiger before so I can't say for sure. Personally I'd put tiger in the middle of the pack as far as desirability of final offense forms. My list would be lion, ram, alligator, tiger, jaguar, panther. Maybe promote aligator some depending on whether I want to go underwater. Maybe promote tiger if I thought I was going to mostly fight classes without word of recall.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicShifters and offense forms [View all] , Korran, Wed 11-Jun-03 09:21 AM
Reply RE: Shifters and offense forms, Isildur, 11-Jun-03 02:35 PM #2
Reply RE: Shifters and offense forms, Zulghinlour, 11-Jun-03 01:17 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Shifters and offense forms, Korran, 11-Jun-03 09:13 PM, #3
     Reply just a few points.., Larshalv, 12-Jun-03 09:06 AM, #4
     Reply A hint:, nepenthe, 12-Jun-03 10:04 AM, #5
     Reply your killing me..., Larshalv, 12-Jun-03 12:16 PM, #6
          Reply If this wasn't already clear:, nepenthe, 12-Jun-03 09:18 PM, #8
               Reply just the eye of the beholder., Larshalv, 13-Jun-03 06:01 AM, #9
                    Reply this might relate to what nep is talking about, incognito, 13-Jun-03 06:36 AM, #10
     Reply I've ranked well with a bobcat as tank. n/t, Random Thinker, 12-Jun-03 02:17 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Shifters and offense forms, Jhard, 13-Jun-03 11:36 AM, #11
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1249 Previous topic | Next topic