Subject: "Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her mor..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65806
Show all folders

Lauriel (Guest)Sun 27-Jan-08 09:18 PM

#65806, "Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her mor..."

Wow, what a ride. Lauriel was a char that grew on me from the moment I began interracting with others. She was my second attempt at a bard, the first fell short when I was lvl 37 and couldn't manage to perfect sing. So with lauriel I had sing perfected at 18 and loved not having to spend days trying to spam when I reached 30. I interracted with so many people and had so many good times with Lauriel. When I was in the ranking game I made some decent friends who never seemed to make it to hero and thus I will not recall names, I only put 340 hours into Lauriel, and wanted to age die her, but I messed up by getting the tattoo, and since Lauriel was almost entirely an RP char, I had to play it out, and thus went berserk in Galadon when the tattoo gripped my soul and the Prince of Betrayal took hold. Good timing on the Imms part for catching that quick. I was turned evil and I lost the joy of music. From that moment, Lauriel went into a state of depression where life was coming to an end and all she wanted was her voice back, without music her life was meaningless, and what is worse, she began to seek redemption from anyone who would listen. That meant having to do things she didn't want to do. IE attacking mages whenever she saw one. The
missives about magic, all propaganda done to please the Lord of Legends. I am really going to miss playing Lauriel and interracting with all the friends she had.

Okay, here is where the goodbyes come in to play, I am going to mess up spelling and forget a bunch of names so please if you interracted with me, good or bad, let me know what you thought, I would appreciate all opinions.

Cezar - Toward the end there you really came through for me, basically keeping me alive as best you could, and trying your
hardest to help me get my voice back. More so than any other char out there. You are a solid player, and were a great friend to
Lauriel.

Iltch - You are one hell of a player, I had a hard time trying to keep you trusting me. You were by far the closest friend Lauriel had from the middle of her hero life to the very end. I am glad I could help you get what you wanted from the guild. Sorry I couldn't get you the million's we both wanted. I had it at one point, 3.5 million, I was waiting for you to log on so you could donate. But the imms had other things to say about that. You really had an impact on Lauriels depression toward the end, and you made the pain of the curse lessen every time you were around. You are a hell of an RP'er. Keep it up. See you in hell man.

Yevandr - You saved my ass numerous times, and didn't really say much to me after I did some shady things, you would seem to look the other way, and that always made me think that you took a special interest in me for some unknown reason. MAybe it was to have a bard nearby if you ever needed one. I do not know. But in all honesty, you RP like a true rager, and were a beast all around. Impressive char. Keep it up man.

Patick - Lauriels unknowing husband, you had no idea what was going on in her head when she married you. You infuriated her, and me by extention because you were so god damn needy! I mean I was needy too, but seriously you should have been the woman in the relationship. It was your RP that made me pissed at you all the time, always hugging me and kissing me, there were about a
dozen times when I sat back in my chair and said, "God man, seriously? Lay off!" Your RP was thick and detailed, well played
and unfortunately when you shoved off the mortal coil and finally bit the dust, Lauriel was happy. She got what she wanted from
you. Like use and abuse. Hopefully if my PBF gets published you can read the role.

Doriach - Wow, you are a bad ass RP'er and were always there for me when I needed you. I knew I could count on you to be there
if I needed you. The last time we talked made me laugh my ass of! I was trying to be as serious as I could, but it was tough at
times because I was laughing so hard. But honestly, from Lauriel being a RP char, you brought it out in style on that last day. I also want to comment on the time behind the inn, "emote - Okay, remarks complete, just assume you had your way with me." LMAO
I do not have any desire to be a mudSex00rZ, so I fealt that was the best way to get that across, and still have a semblance of RP after that, it was funny as ####. Enough said. Congrats on a cool char.

Gaspar - Wow, I hated you. I hated everything about you, I do not know why, but Lauriel wanted you out of the HH spot so bad. As a player you were solid and you seemed to have some RP but I only saw you like five times, maybe a few more, but toward the end, I went 4 weeks without seeing another herald, and that made me think you were a poor HH. Congrats on keeping it though, and nothing against you, or your char, but Lauriels rols dictated that you were horrible. She didn't want you to know that though. But she did let it seep through toward the end.

Zoder - Glad I could help with getting your last title, good luck with the char, I haven't seen you around much after the Great Secret fiasco. But all in all a solid Necro.

Ubosh - Dude, good luck, you are on the right track from what I could tell from your poems, they kept me interested from start
to finish. You are going to be sick when you get up there. Too bad we wont be able to do anything we talked about in game. Maybe someday I will come back with a char, but I don't know yet.

Juhldalor - Wow, what a damn good friend to Lauriel, you may not have known it, but I smiled whenever you came around the inn. You are a solid RP'er also, going to miss making you "Bitty Brew" Hope it got you some recognition.

Dragrahl - Ahh now this is a sad goodbye. I am going to miss having you by my side. You would always drop what you were doing and come hang out with me at the inn. I loved it when you would threaten the gambler. lol I actually began to think it helped at one point. It always made my day to have you around, solid char, GREAT speach on your char by the way, that has to be tough as ####! Good luck with not getting blackballed!

Aeaphoeni - Lauriel was sad when you deleted, I thought I was your first friend you made in Thera, or was it the main land? Anyway, always had fun talking with you and doing what RP we could from what little we knew about eachother.

Zridv - Well played man, well played, glad I could be the one to send out your contest for a wife. It gave me alot of interractions that I would have never. Read your PBF loved the role, hope you bring another one back for people to enjoy.

Joaka - Ahh Joaka, what happened to you? You never said goodbye to Lauriel. You just went away. We would always have something fun to talk about, and I did my first painting of you. It was tough as hell actually, I think I spent about 2 hours working on it. It is too bad people don't give a #### about bard notes. Some people really put alot of effort into them.

Sousidan - I hated you after you came in to Udgaard and flyto killed me. Then looted the only nice things I had. I had vanity
issues with Lauriel, and you brought out some serious anger problems with her. You had a good char, we always got along before that, so don't really understand your need to kill just to get what you want, and disregard friendships. Good luck with your chars, though I didn't like this one in game. You Rp'd with me afterword which I respect, so thanks for that atleast.

Xhenod - Damn, I tried to help you as much as I could, and ####, I held on to your things you gave me till nearly the very end. I liked you all around, and wished things would have worked out for you.

Rioko - I think thats what it was, you would think that after spending 7 hours in the Great Secret with you I would remember
but honestly, that was some of the most intense RP I was involved with in a long time with Lauriel. Congrats on being willing to stick it out and not give into the deamoness, we had so many people trying to free us that it was so crazy trying to deal with the five people in the room, the demaoness, the monster who kept waking up, and me trying to form the rescue party. All the while dying of hunger having no food for 3 hours. Thank god for the decanter!

Zholgrom - Damn you put up with alot of bitching from me. You know the situation behind it OOC so thanks for... well you came back and killed me again and took what I had left. lol But you have a killer char, ORC ORC ORC! Made me furious! You were beastly though, and while I had like three people kill you for what you did, you seemed to just get right back up and come after me again. I am proud to say that I got you once though. Too bad I could not get my 11,000 gold back from you. Or any of my items, but seriously, well played Orc, and thanks again for putting up with my bitching. I will try to get incontact with you ooc to try and explain a bit more if you want.

Llorenz - Congrats on imming, good luck up there, your char and Lauriel got along for so long, and you were the first person I did a poem for, I hope you liked it. Sorry about the staff at the end. I know you had maxwell coming for me, but she would always warn me when you would be near or when you told her to steal it from me.

Rayihn - I needed a RP reason to hate you, so I gave a half assed attempt to RP at your shrine and I sent you a note, and brough you some items I thought you would like. I am glad you ignored me. lol I was hoping you would. I needed a reason for going to Dis to get the tattoo of the Prince of Betrayal.

Baerinika - Unfortunately I was RPing something you never gave me a chane to explain. But it does not matter now, I got the answer I thought I would get, but I really wished you would have at least met with me so you could see my angle on the RP.

Kastellyn - You were the one I was trying to impress with my poems and stories and things. I hope you liked what I brought to the table. I just wished that there was an easier answer to getting my voice back and not being evil then having to spread propaganda against the magi. I was all for it until I began stabbing my friends in their backs. I had to stop. I really would like to hear what you thought of my stuff/RP.

Iunna - This was my second Herald. Lyug was my first, I really tried to put forth the RP at the inn that I thought was befitting a barmaid. But once Patick died off, you seemed to ignore me all together. I got the tattoo, and you made an attempt to justify hating me, but it just came off as though I was a #### herald because I made the decision to enhance my own RP. If I come back I may try once more for a Herald, because I do learn alot about RP being one. And I think it is a good foundation for being a solid player. I hope I can get on your good side at least once.

Zulg - Well, I want to know if it was you who took the 3.5 million gold from me and told me I was wasting my time getting it. Well it was... Someone took 3.5 million and left me with 300 and told me there was some sort of bug in the gambler... How could a bug be in the gambler when I was the ONLY one to make that kind of gold? Couldn it not have been the fact that the item I had was bringing me all that gold? I mean it was hard as #### to get it in the first place. It is not like I won all the time, I went broke ALOT. Started from scratch hundreds of times, and even after someone "fixed" the gambler, I still managed to get up to 25,000 gold. But I had about 60 pouches of nourishment and hundreds of other items that were all but useless to me. I would have liked to get something in return for the gold. I mean Iltch got his guild pimped out. Why couldn't I get something? Okay, sorry for going off like that, but I was furious when that happened. You need to know that you are doing a hell of a job with the mud. All the Imms are. I am constantly drawn in and it is like I can not get away from the game even if I wanted to. Thanks
for keeping me busy while I was overseas. And now that I am home, I am going to have a hard time making up excuses to put in hundreds of hours into a game.

Okay, I am done, and since I am sure I forgot people, let me know, I am dying to hear what people thought of Lauriel, RP, and her poems, and what I could do better on my "hopefully" next char. Thanks for such a good time guys. I will see you in the fields.

Lyug, Demgrith, a bunch of fourty and below chars, and Lauriel.

DrumArtist/Infantry/Nick

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Kastellyn, 29-Jan-08 07:47 PM, #27
Reply We might have only met twice but..., Rioko (Guest), 29-Jan-08 04:11 PM, #25
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Patick1 (Guest), 28-Jan-08 11:40 PM, #24
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Iunna, 28-Jan-08 09:52 PM, #21
Reply Goodbye and good luck to your next., DurNominator, 28-Jan-08 05:48 PM, #19
Reply Oh my., Lauriel (Guest), 28-Jan-08 06:30 PM, #20
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Aubrei (Guest), 28-Jan-08 03:53 PM, #11
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Lauriel (Guest), 28-Jan-08 05:12 PM, #18
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Daevryn, 28-Jan-08 12:03 PM, #10
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Lauriel (Guest), 28-Jan-08 04:57 PM, #12
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Iunna, 28-Jan-08 09:54 PM, #22
     Reply Cry for help heard and noted.. >=) n/t, Lhydia, 29-Jan-08 05:55 PM, #26
Reply Good times, Doriach (Guest), 28-Jan-08 12:03 PM, #9
Reply Ha, I was laughing my ass off though. ~, Lauriel (Guest), 28-Jan-08 04:59 PM, #14
Reply Re: Zulg, Zulghinlour, 28-Jan-08 11:26 AM, #8
Reply RE: Re: Zulg, Lauriel (Guest), 28-Jan-08 04:58 PM, #13
Reply Thanks for the kind words..., Dragrahl (Guest), 28-Jan-08 09:48 AM, #7
Reply You got a good thing going for you, Lauriel (Guest), 28-Jan-08 05:01 PM, #15
Reply I liked Lauriel. Always fun to travel with, Throkk (Guest), 28-Jan-08 06:31 AM, #6
Reply *groan* I cant believe I forgot you too!, Lauriel (Guest), 28-Jan-08 05:06 PM, #16
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Cezar (Guest), 28-Jan-08 01:41 AM, #5
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Lauriel (Guest), 28-Jan-08 05:09 PM, #17
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Iggy (Guest), 27-Jan-08 10:54 PM, #2
Reply RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..., Lauriel (Guest), 27-Jan-08 11:37 PM, #3
Reply Thanks for making the days fun., Zridv (Guest), 27-Jan-08 09:27 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Thanks for making the days fun., Lauriel (Guest), 27-Jan-08 11:39 PM, #4
          Reply Yes...that along with other things, Zridv (Guest), 28-Jan-08 09:56 PM, #23

KastellynTue 29-Jan-08 07:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65992, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #0

Kastellyn - You were the one I was trying to impress with my poems and stories and things. I hope you liked what I brought to the table. I just wished that there was an easier answer to getting my voice back and not being evil then having to spread propaganda against the magi. I was all for it until I began stabbing my friends in their backs. I had to stop. I really would like to hear what you thought of my stuff/RP.

I really liked your works, and I think your PBF will reflect that. I didn't comment on all of them, simply because there was a lot of material, and towards the end, I saved my comments for the good stuff.

As for your voice...I had no idea you had been betrayered and lost your songs. That didn't come across in your tells to me, or maybe I just missed a key one somewhere in all the spam I see come across my screen. I don't think I would have really been the best one to ask to get your voice back, but who knows? Maybe, maybe not. I did enjoy your anti-magic propaganda, though!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Rioko (Guest)Tue 29-Jan-08 04:11 PM

#65983, "We might have only met twice but..."
In response to Reply #0

damn it sure was intense!

While at the first time Rioko was more interested in your looks, your gear and that funky hell tattoo it surely changed in the big secret captivity.
This certainly was the most fun I ever had in a deathtrap. :p
Actually I wanted to stay in there a bit longer but it was getting late already anyway...

Patick1 (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 11:40 PM

#65951, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #0

ya i know i was all lovy dovey, but in his role he wanted nothing more but a wife. kinda felt alone and stuff. sorry if it annoyed you and all.

i really tried rping that i wasn't a fighter. its fun and difficult. cause there are times when you just want to go out and slay abunch of people. sorry for all the times I annoyed you and all though i did have fun interacting with you.

IunnaMon 28-Jan-08 09:52 PM
473 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65944, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #0

>Iunna - This was my second Herald. Lyug was my first, I really
>tried to put forth the RP at the inn that I thought was
>befitting a barmaid. But once Patick died off, you seemed to
>ignore me all together. I got the tattoo, and you made an
>attempt to justify hating me, but it just came off as though I
>was a #### herald because I made the decision to enhance my
>own RP. If I come back I may try once more for a Herald,
>because I do learn alot about RP being one. And I think it is
>a good foundation for being a solid player. I hope I can get
>on your good side at least once.

I'm not really sure what to say to all that, other than this
character really didn't do much for me. I will say RP-wise,
this seemed to be an improvement over Lyug. However, I've been
witness to dozens of average Heralds with a not-so-subtle
streak of the melodramatic, and to me, Lauriel kind of fell into
that niche. When you went out and got the tattoo, I didn't really
care either way, but I think more than anything I was annoyed with
your argument about how it was just on your skin/not part of your
body and didn't affect your soul, etc., especially with some of the
more venemous parts of your role. From an Immortal with a religion
standpoint, it just didn't make sense.

Anyway, glad you're learning a lot and good luck with whatever you
try next.

DurNominatorMon 28-Jan-08 05:48 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65896, "Goodbye and good luck to your next."
In response to Reply #0

I was scarce with Mreeshai, but we did have some good moments. By the way, wasn't it you who called Sybea a cunt? I kind of remembered that it was Xhirathos, but that couldn't be so since they were played by the same player (I wouldn't have guessed). Mreeshai felt that it was appropriate in the situation Sybea described, so Sybea got even and ganked Mreeshai with Elemek (an unplanned turn of events, but it went that way).

Anyway, nice char, though I probably missed the most of it. Mreeshai was a sporadic once a month presence so I didn't get to know people very well, but at least my Master Thesis is nearly finished now. Good luck with the next and all.

-Dur/Mreeshai

Lauriel (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 06:30 PM

#65909, "Oh my."
In response to Reply #19

Now in my regular life I tend to veer away from saying cunt, because my wife tends to throw things, and as Lauriel, I would never say something like that, only toward the end did she refer to the orc chieftain as "That she-orc-bitch". So no that wasn't me.

But I remember having you around once or twice but not so much more then that. You were quiet at best. GLWYN too!

Aubrei (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 03:53 PM

#65867, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #0

Dude, seriously. No Aubrei? :p

Lauriel (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 05:12 PM

#65886, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #11

Yeah, I was thinking to add your name then in the middle of naming people I forgot a bunch, hell I forgot MAxwell and Igbah, and Throkk, and a slew of others.

Aubrei and I didn't get along at first, and I resented you for having a pet name for Patick, and then I just thought you were semi-retarded so I let it slide, and decided to give you a chance. It turns out you were not retarded but just a well rounded RP'er with annoying pet names. 'Twistie-poo'
lol
Good luck if she is still around!

DaevrynMon 28-Jan-08 12:03 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#65839, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #0

I guess I can sort of see what you were trying to get at with this character, but overall not one of my favorites. Generally seemed a lot more to me like the kind of obnoxious Entropy that make me glad the cabal is gone (as opposed to the cool Entropy that make me miss it) than a Herald. A lot of the reasons for your RP (giving you the benefit of the doubt) were so inscrutable as to make you seem aimless.

I also miss some of the cooler Heralds, but that's another tangent.

>Baerinika - Unfortunately I was RPing something you never gave
>me a chane to explain. But it does not matter now, I got the
>answer I thought I would get, but I really wished you would
>have at least met with me so you could see my angle on the RP.

You probably should have read Baerinika's helpfile a little more closely. It seems like you decided her RP was something different than it actually is and then were upset when you got the actual version and not what you wanted it to be.

As it's often said, your RP doesn't render you immune to potentially unpleasant consequences of the RP of others.

>Zulg - Well, I want to know if it was you who took the 3.5
>million gold from me and told me I was wasting my time getting
>it. Well it was... Someone took 3.5 million and left me with
>300 and told me there was some sort of bug in the gambler...
>How could a bug be in the gambler when I was the ONLY one to
>make that kind of gold? Couldn it not have been the fact that
>the item I had was bringing me all that gold? I mean it was
>hard as #### to get it in the first place. It is not like I
>won all the time, I went broke ALOT. Started from scratch
>hundreds of times, and even after someone "fixed" the gambler,
>I still managed to get up to 25,000 gold. But I had about 60
>pouches of nourishment and hundreds of other items that were
>all but useless to me. I would have liked to get something in
>return for the gold. I mean Iltch got his guild pimped out.
>Why couldn't I get something? Okay, sorry for going off like
>that, but I was furious when that happened.

I wasn't the person who stepped in either, though I would have and agree with the call that was made 100%.

That item is not meant to be a license to print money, so to speak.

No, you don't deserve something for riding that bug-abuse pony as far as it would go.

The role chapter you wrote about the whole thing ranks among the dumbest role chapters I've ever seen, which is a shame because the rest of the role actually wasn't bad.

Lauriel (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 04:57 PM

#65879, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #10

Heh I agree, I hated that I put it in the role, after posting it I was like, "Damn, why did I do that?!" To be honest if I could have the large portion of that chapter removed, I would love to see it go. The rest of the role I liked, and would have liked to see more come of it.

I was not suprised at all by my outcome with Baerinika. After only hearing the three tells I told myself to stop grasping at straws.

Noe onto the gold thing. Maybe buggy, but if it was, then it still is. Maybe the gambler needs to be reworked again, I could have flooded the economy with gold even after the fix. It just took me longer to get to 25,000 gold. And if I hadn't been looted when I was, I would have gotten back there again. But maybe thats the way the gambler was designed. *shrug* Either way, I really enjoyed the char.

IunnaMon 28-Jan-08 09:54 PM
473 posts
#65946, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #10

>I also miss some of the cooler Heralds, but that's another
>tangent.

Cosign.

LhydiaTue 29-Jan-08 05:55 PM
2377 posts
#65990, "Cry for help heard and noted.. >=) n/t"
In response to Reply #22

gr

Doriach (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 12:03 PM

#65838, "Good times"
In response to Reply #0

I thought it was great that you got me midnight dragon at lvl like 12, and 200 hrs later you were still there.

Fun arr pee all the way around. You're the only one who got a kill on me that I never held it against.

And yeah, I'm with you about that last evening, but given how consistent I've kept Doriach's arr pee, I couldn't pass up that chance - good way to resolve things and still have a blast.

Take care yeh farken hear, durn farken faerie minstrel.

Lauriel (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 04:59 PM

#65881, "Ha, I was laughing my ass off though. ~"
In response to Reply #9

asdf

ZulghinlourMon 28-Jan-08 11:26 AM
9792 posts
#65837, "Re: Zulg"
In response to Reply #0

>Zulg - Well, I want to know if it was you who took the 3.5
>million gold from me and told me I was wasting my time getting
>it. Well it was... Someone took 3.5 million and left me with
>300 and told me there was some sort of bug in the gambler...
>How could a bug be in the gambler when I was the ONLY one to
>make that kind of gold? Couldn it not have been the fact that
>the item I had was bringing me all that gold? I mean it was
>hard as #### to get it in the first place. It is not like I
>won all the time, I went broke ALOT. Started from scratch
>hundreds of times, and even after someone "fixed" the gambler,
>I still managed to get up to 25,000 gold. But I had about 60
>pouches of nourishment and hundreds of other items that were
>all but useless to me. I would have liked to get something in
>return for the gold. I mean Iltch got his guild pimped out.
>Why couldn't I get something? Okay, sorry for going off like
>that, but I was furious when that happened. You need to know
>that you are doing a hell of a job with the mud. All the Imms
>are. I am constantly drawn in and it is like I can not get
>away from the game even if I wanted to. Thanks
>for keeping me busy while I was overseas. And now that I am
>home, I am going to have a hard time making up excuses to put
>in hundreds of hours into a game.

No clue what you're talking about.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Lauriel (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 04:58 PM

#65880, "RE: Re: Zulg"
In response to Reply #8

Well I still stand firm in saying you guys are doing a hell of a job then. So congrats!

Dragrahl (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 09:48 AM

#65835, "Thanks for the kind words..."
In response to Reply #0

Ah Lauriel - I knew this was coming, even though you said IC that it wouldn't. I figured you'd last a week without songs before you burned out. This coming after you getting killed/looted a few times in a row. (I tried to keep you interested after you getting repeatedly killed/looted by plying you with gold to gamble some more, but to no avail.)

Hanging in the Inn is not something I've really done with any of my previous chars (except for my one Herald a while back), and it was nice to have someone competent to talk with there. It was definitely fun RP'ing with you taunting the gambler and such, drinking, and winning gold.

I was drawn to you early on in my char's life when I hopped into the Inn to check out the Lyceum, and you asked me to hang around and bodyguard you. 100 gold coin later, I was hooked. (I was probably in my low 20's at the time, and all that coin was definitely a nice foothold into my guild).

I'll keep the rest of my comments on guild status until I'm dead and gone, but you'll surely be missed.

Lauriel (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 05:01 PM

#65883, "You got a good thing going for you"
In response to Reply #7

Don't give up man, find yourself another person to guard. *laugh*
It was always funny to see you acting like you would take down some heroes if they were annoying me. I had to hand it to you for sticking by me even when Iltch was throwing around some strong words.

Throkk (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 06:31 AM

#65833, "I liked Lauriel. Always fun to travel with"
In response to Reply #0

It was cool exploring with you. Your RP was fine, insofar as I felt
Lauriel was a woman. Well done!

That 'I'm going through all the emotions of a woman now' line did make me chuckle a little though,
but I make all kinds of stupid meta RP too.

I don't know what you expected from the revenge part. Throkk liked Lauriel enough to do a little,
but he is firmly of the opinion that you have to handle your own mess.

Lauriel seems to have been a friends with everybody char, but that's cool for a herald too.
Now try make a char with built in conflict

Have fun.

Lauriel (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 05:06 PM

#65884, "*groan* I cant believe I forgot you too!"
In response to Reply #6

Ha, I just wanted to let the Orc know that even if I couldn't do anything to kill her, I had alot of friends who could and would. I was glad to hear that you got the kill. Nothing more was really needed. We sure did some good exploring toward the end though, and would have liked to do some more, but as things go, it was time to say goodbye.

Good luck with making the blood pure for all of Thera!

Cezar (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 01:41 AM

#65825, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #0

Ugh! I knew this was coming. I actually was hoping that the tattoo and the new direction added some excitement for you with the character. I really did want to see you get the songs back. I can understand why the imms give that kind of punishment, but, I would really like to see them offer some chance at recovery. I'm going to hope that one of them reads this post and offers an answer why. The direction you took, from my point of view, was straight RP. You were willing to suffer a bit to play out the events that happened as the character lived. I mean, hey, you reacted to a situation that happened and rolled with it. That's great in my opinion. However, since it was such a drastic turn in the characters life you were punished by losing your songs. I wanted to see you rewarded for it. People IRL take drastic turns for the worse themselves. I don't have to start posting links to tabloids and newspapers to prove that. I think that there should be more people that respond to the stimuli in the game like you did; it would make the game so much more rewarding.

I was just really happy to be there to play it out with you. Thanks so much for the help you gave, and I really wish you would have stuck around. I was hell bent on helping you get songs back!

Lauriel (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 05:09 PM

#65885, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #5

I was driven to getting my voice back, but the way I took the RP made it tough. Lauriel was trying to be a perfectionist and since she lost the ability to perfect her songs, she lost the motivation to live. I really wish that I would have made some better choices near the end, and maybe things would have been different. But all in all I had the most fun with this char then all my others combined.
Good luck with Cezar though, you are a tough bastard and you know it!

Iggy (Guest)Sun 27-Jan-08 10:54 PM

#65815, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #0

Sure, no mention of Iggy, I'll drop you a line when I'm gone.

Lauriel (Guest)Sun 27-Jan-08 11:37 PM

#65821, "RE: Lauriel Au'dinae Wine-poet/Barmaid shrugged off her..."
In response to Reply #2

I knew I would forget people. My goodbye thread was already longer then I thought it would be. Well as for Iggy, your char is beastly! The one time we fought you like intro then one round flurry me and I was dead. Talk about quick. lol Igbah was a good friend to Lauriel and you knew that. Wish I could think better right now, but it is late and I can't seem to remember #### right now.

Nick

Zridv (Guest)Sun 27-Jan-08 09:27 PM

#65807, "Thanks for making the days fun."
In response to Reply #0

Thank you for helping me get some more RP going on a larger scale. I appreciate all you did for me in that regard. I also really liked the relationship we had going there. I onlly wish you had put in that Iltch joke, but oh well. I guess you didn't want to rub him the wrong way or something! Anyway, great job, have fun with your next.

Lauriel (Guest)Sun 27-Jan-08 11:39 PM

#65822, "RE: Thanks for making the days fun."
In response to Reply #1

Ha thanks, the Iltch joke would have totally ruined alot of things that happened later in my chars life. What was it again? Something like, and Little girls like Iltch need not apply, even though I hear you like man on man action? lol It was not going to be pretty.

Nick

Zridv (Guest)Mon 28-Jan-08 09:56 PM

#65947, "Yes...that along with other things"
In response to Reply #4

Also a part about liking to take me in groups...and that I didn't really like that kind of action.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65806 Previous topic | Next topic