Subject: "RE: A little lost roleplay wise and what I should do" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70036
Show all folders

Matrik-Thu 08-Mar-18 01:49 PM
Member since 21st Feb 2018
73 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70037, "RE: A little lost roleplay wise and what I should do"

Necromancer is a tough start with lots of enemies. All of the fortress cabal, outlander cabal, and battle rager cabal want to kill you. Then also anyone that is just good aligned wants to kill you. Probably some others just because they like to kill.

For lore, go to the Inn of the Eternal Star. Try to meet a herald or find one on the who list (most have obvious titles). Ask them to vouch for you to get into the Lyceum. It's a library behind the inn that has a ton of lore based information. Great start for that sort of thing including some necromancer specific entries.

Next find out where Ishuli's shrine is. Players have contributed quite a lot of written works there. Some are just theory, some are character-based lore, and some are just straight up guides for new players.

Other than that, my favorite strategy to learn more about the game is to type "area (my level)", choose one that has a max level barely above mine and go explore that place. You'll die some doing this, but you'll also find auto-quests, interesting items, and gain explore/observation experience. Maybe focus on getting to whatever level identify is for you first.

Buy a mercenary in Galadon, Hamsah Mu'tazz, Blackclaw, or Seantryn Modan. That is Mercs, NOT pets. Mercenaries act as a group mate in terms of gaining experience. Most are not very tough (low level ones especially), but they can rescue you in a pinch if you order them to. "Order all rescue myname." They also work great as gear carriers. Just be sure you take the gear back before you log out because their inventory goes poof. Use that gear to sell or barter, including bartering for healing at healers in town.

Finally, use helps files and ask questions here.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA little lost roleplay wise and what I should do [View all] , CptainTwizzle, Thu 08-Mar-18 01:31 PM
Reply RE: A little lost roleplay wise and what I should do, Thaedan (Anonymous), 08-Mar-18 07:54 PM, #9
Reply Definitely read Matrik's reply. And..., Rahsael, 08-Mar-18 02:07 PM, #2
Reply RE: Definitely read Matrik's reply. And..., CptainTwizzle, 08-Mar-18 02:16 PM, #4
Reply RE: Definitely read Matrik's reply. And..., CptainTwizzle, 08-Mar-18 02:34 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Definitely read Matrik's reply. And..., Rahsael, 08-Mar-18 02:56 PM, #6
Reply RE: A little lost roleplay wise and what I should do, Matrik-, 08-Mar-18 01:49 PM #1
     Reply RE: A little lost roleplay wise and what I should do, CptainTwizzle, 08-Mar-18 02:14 PM, #3
          Reply Necromantic roleplay, Matrik-, 08-Mar-18 05:24 PM, #7
               Reply Premium Battlefield is a great resource too, Mcbeth, 08-Mar-18 06:10 PM, #8
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70036 Previous topic | Next topic