Subject: "Re-translated to normal speech" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #52987
Show all folders

MoligantMon 25-Nov-13 07:55 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
327 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52992, "Re-translated to normal speech"

1. Rewarded conjurers are more than strong enough.

I did mention I've been playing villagers for years yes? There was a Scion conjurer whose freaking familiar T-something or other a long ass name...could curbstomp three villagers at Big D without the actual conjurer actually coming inside the village. so sorry you are incorrect on this count. Conjurers are perfectly capable of being strong enough if they are beefed up by the imms - and when they are, if I were the Commander I would give the word parity doesn't include them.

Sorry.

2. Convenience is a matter of perspective. Once again, there is this thing people call strategy and tactics. Pride presupposes that I as a villager should seek to prove I am better than the next guy by sheer force of arms. Courage presupposes that I should keep trying to do so even after I've lost many times to the same person because part of courage is overcoming adversity. So after I have shown both pride and courage on several occasions there comes this little thing called reality - I can't beat you on my own but you are a magi that needs to be put down.

I really only have two options at this point:

A - Allow another villager whose skill set is better suited to fighting you fight you and try my best to avoid you. That is called tactics with the task of staying alive to kill other magi. This is a war the villagers are fighting not a series of duels. If I can't beat you then eventually I should let someone else better suited do so.

B - If Option A fails repeatedly (meaning several villagers have tried and failed to kill you solo and I cannot avoid you because the moment I logon you are at Big D) then each villager is now in the same boat.

In this scenario in my humble opinion having played countless villagers and never having been accused of breaking parity nor of cowardice in several years over several villagers, I would have no problem with a villager who with due deliberation with the drillmaster or commander were allowed to gang the offending mage down and weaken them by taking their armors and such. Then back to Option A. That is called strategy with the goal of weakening an otherwise unsurmountable foe.

I understand you likely see this as a post to excuse some villagers for ganging but its not. I'm simply pointing out that alot of people get mad at villagers for breaking parity and 'demand' something be done (and alot of that has been going around lately) without a clear understanding of what parity is. The moment you believe parity is all about one on one fighting is the moment I know you don't know what you are talking about. And its strange because its all spelled out on the Tablet. In fact there are many ways (just like how the Tribunals like to change how they interpret the law) to interpret the various rules/ideals of the village to allow ALOT more than most (if any) of the villagers actually take advantage of.

I mean seriously if >I< really wanted to take advantage I'd roll up a goodie villager and run around with sanctuary all day just by going to Baer's shrine and asking a healer of the same faith to do so. Look it up - and interpret. Actually i'm pretty sure the imms wouldn't allow it, but from what is written - it could be.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicA Primer on Parity (for the mummies out there) [View all] , Moligant, Mon 25-Nov-13 05:14 PM
Reply RE: A Primer on Parity (for the mummies out there), Eskelian, 30-Nov-13 08:03 PM, #37
Reply Well put, but..., Homard, 25-Nov-13 07:40 PM, #3
Reply Scion conjurer, Moligant, 25-Nov-13 08:00 PM, #6
     Reply Tinsalop, lasentia, 26-Nov-13 08:19 PM, #9
          Reply They were tough for sure., Homard, 26-Nov-13 11:55 PM, #11
               Reply Nope., lasentia, 27-Nov-13 08:42 AM, #13
Reply Translation:, Artificial, 25-Nov-13 05:47 PM, #1
     Reply It is difficult to understand when you have never reall..., Zephon, 25-Nov-13 06:56 PM, #2
     Reply The whole parity thing should just be removed., vargal, 25-Nov-13 07:41 PM, #4
     Reply Re-translated to normal speech, Moligant, 25-Nov-13 07:55 PM #5
          Reply Question for you, Artificial, 25-Nov-13 11:16 PM, #7
               Reply This isn't right. If I were that villager I'd bring the..., Tesline, 26-Nov-13 12:23 AM, #8
               Reply Happened every time to my nexan binder, and it's legit., Scrimbul, 27-Nov-13 04:57 PM, #15
               Reply Waiting for imm/serial rager input. nt, Artificial, 26-Nov-13 11:21 PM, #10
               Reply If it is a defender?, Zephon, 27-Nov-13 12:05 AM, #12
               Reply All of them do it. Every time they can. nt, Artificial, 27-Nov-13 04:14 PM, #14
                    Reply Parity only applies to berserkers., Zephon, 27-Nov-13 05:24 PM, #16
                         Reply So basically, Artificial, 27-Nov-13 10:51 PM, #17
                              Reply No, you just cannot expect it to work on eastern. :P, Zephon, 28-Nov-13 10:11 AM, #18
                                   Reply You're joking, right?, Artificial, 28-Nov-13 12:57 PM, #19
                                        Reply RE: You're joking, right?, Zephon, 28-Nov-13 01:26 PM, #20
                                             Reply Well then, Artificial, 28-Nov-13 01:48 PM, #21
                                                  Reply Dude, you have real problems., Zephon, 28-Nov-13 02:09 PM, #22
                                                       Reply Here's a hint., Scrimbul, 28-Nov-13 05:06 PM, #23
                                                       Reply I actually like that you explained your viewpoint., Zephon, 28-Nov-13 06:01 PM, #25
                                                       Reply RE: Dude, you have real problems., Artificial, 28-Nov-13 05:05 PM, #24
                                                       Reply We are arguing about if waking your ally is considered ..., Zephon, 28-Nov-13 06:37 PM, #26
                                                       Reply Hi, I remember Zephon., Vortex Magus, 30-Nov-13 10:45 AM, #35
                                                            Reply I like how you say that I am wrong and then talk about ..., Zephon, 30-Nov-13 01:09 PM, #36
               Reply Answer Inside, Moligant, 29-Nov-13 12:41 AM, #27
               Reply Thats the issue. It SHOULD be a problem., Artificial, 29-Nov-13 02:45 PM, #28
               Reply Serial Villager weighing in., Homard, 29-Nov-13 03:17 PM, #29
                    Reply Explain this part to me, Artificial, 29-Nov-13 03:27 PM, #30
                         Reply Because it's not a fight yet., Homard, 29-Nov-13 03:46 PM, #31
                              Reply Identifying combat, Artificial, 29-Nov-13 04:09 PM, #32
                                   Reply We just disagree about this., Homard, 29-Nov-13 04:21 PM, #33
                                   Reply You make a valid point, in part I'd say, and I'll give ..., lasentia, 29-Nov-13 05:02 PM, #34
                                   Reply stop being a ####ing baby. You are not condoned to use ..., CD, 30-Nov-13 10:27 PM, #38
                                        Reply That isn't how you use the word condoned., Artificial, 30-Nov-13 10:56 PM, #39
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #52987 Previous topic | Next topic