Subject: "RE: Spot on" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #581
Show all folders

DurNominatorFri 18-Jun-10 11:45 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#592, "RE: Spot on"

In fact, we've had several comments from new players saying they specifically started playing this mud because of several of these unique concepts we've pointed out.

Do point them out. I just thought that it was bit backwards to open with those points since the fact that CF is a RP is what makes them positive, right?

>I mean seriously, if a player looking for a Mud can't handle
>some of these unique "features" do you really think they're
>going to be able to adapt to the mud as a whole? Why not
>establish some of these things up front with the players, so
>they get a good grasp of what they're getting involved in?

Features such as non-opt out PK, which is not mentioned anywhere in the site? You could present it as features boasted with, but in positive fashion, something like "Advanced playerkilling system that allows players to play out their roleplay conflicts themselves without a need for a game master". I leave the wording for the Marketing team to file, but mentioning that might not be a bad idea as PK is such a thing some players may not adapt to (some players in TMS define it as a factor they want to opt out from when choosing a MUD and asking for suggestions). The page as it is says nothing about CF being a PK game (at least directly. People in the know might be able to read that between the lines, though).

>On the flip side, we've made some very big steps with the
>progression of the website which we'll be announcing soon.

You're going to need a page that tells newbs what a MUD is, and CF specifically. Linking it to the word MUD in main page we boast list might work. Races and classes need their own pages too, so that new people can plan their characters offline.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicI gotta say.. [View all] , Pro, Tue 15-Jun-10 04:45 PM
Reply Spot on, DurNominator, 16-Jun-10 01:46 PM, #2
Reply RE: Spot on, HammerSong, 16-Jun-10 10:01 PM, #3
     Reply I kind of agree with them.., Java, 16-Jun-10 11:29 PM, #4
     Reply RE: I kind of agree with them.., HammerSong, 17-Jun-10 04:52 PM, #5
          Reply For what it's worth..., trewyn, 17-Jun-10 06:58 PM, #6
               Reply I will agree with this, Macaca, 17-Jun-10 07:44 PM, #7
                    Reply Again.. the idea is drawing in the biggest number of pe..., Java, 18-Jun-10 12:36 AM, #8
                         Reply The question is, who're we trying to bring in?, Straklaw, 18-Jun-10 01:55 AM, #9
                         Reply I agree here., Valguarnera, 19-Jun-10 10:02 AM, #15
                         Reply RE: Again.. the idea is drawing in the biggest number o..., sorlag (Anonymous), 18-Jun-10 07:41 AM, #10
                              Reply Seriously.. "Who cares?", Java, 19-Jun-10 03:01 AM, #12
                                   Reply RE: Seriously.. , sorlag (Anonymous), 19-Jun-10 07:53 AM, #13
                                        Reply I don't disagree with the content., Java, 19-Jun-10 07:56 AM, #14
                                             Reply General rule:, Valguarnera, 19-Jun-10 10:08 AM, #16
                                                  Reply Okay. A very simple suggestion., TheDude, 19-Jun-10 12:18 PM, #17
                                                  Reply That's my line.., Java, 19-Jun-10 09:07 PM, #20
                                                       Reply RE: That's my line.., Valguarnera, 19-Jun-10 10:10 PM, #21
                                                            Reply I suppose I could write up something., Java, 19-Jun-10 10:23 PM, #22
     Reply RE: Spot on, DurNominator, 18-Jun-10 11:45 PM #11
     Reply RE: Spot on, Daevryn, 19-Jun-10 01:07 PM, #18
          Reply There we go:, Daevryn, 19-Jun-10 01:31 PM, #19
Reply Lets get this implemented immediately please folks. n/..., Lhydia, 15-Jun-10 09:00 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Marketing CF Topic #581 Previous topic | Next topic