Subject: "RE: Hmm." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #433
Show all folders

ThaelogSat 19-Jun-04 02:09 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2004
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#435, "RE: Hmm."

Thanks a bunch for the information! I realize now that asking specifics about Paths was probably naive of me. For the record, I've been pouring over the help files the last two days, trying to get up to standards.

I think Thief is more my style, as I really love the idea of stealing, and escaping with my life, or having to use a heft amount of tactics in order to kill people and survive just the same - it is much more satisfying to achieve victory when you do not have the inherent advantages.

I will probably end up playing both, however.

Just a few more questions, which have been bugging me:

When you sneak, what determines how well you are hidden? Your skill in it from 0%-100%, or the level difference between you and the onlooker (or both)?

If you are hidden in a room, do people see "Someone is here." Or, do they simply remain entirely unaware of a presence in the area?

Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have any tips on playing a Thief in the younger levels - specifically a Duergar or Svirfnebli? IE: Which race is more suitable in general for a Thief? Is playing an evil Duergar more dangerous for me as a new player, getting used to things? What might be the advantages one would have over the other (in application, rather than on paper)?

Sorry to be so inquisitive, and thank you very much for your assistance.

- Anonymous

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA few questions from an old player returning. [View all] , Thaelog, Sat 19-Jun-04 12:44 PM
Reply RE: A few questions from an old player returning., Qaledus, 19-Jun-04 01:35 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Hmm., Thaelog, 19-Jun-04 02:09 PM #2
          Reply Bit o help., Cassman, 19-Jun-04 03:06 PM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #433 Previous topic | Next topic