Subject: "A few questions from an old player returning." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #433
Show all folders

ThaelogSat 19-Jun-04 12:44 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2004
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#433, "A few questions from an old player returning."

Well, I used to play Carrion Fields for a while way back when, and I've decided to give it another go. It's nice being able to play during the off-hours at work here, when the boss isn't in. *grins*

In any case, I've started up an Orc named Maelgog, in order to re-introduce myself to the game. I didn't get to PvP very much my last time, even though I did have an Orc at roughly level 20, I believe. So, I hopped in hoping to band with some other Orcs and have a blast, re-learning the game and it's nuances once again. Much to my dismay, there were no Orcs on at all. Not a single one. I asked about this, and was told that Orcs were probably the single most rare race in Carrion Fields right now. This isn't *too* different from the time in which I used to play, but there were at least a handful of them on during the times I was online - we used to have fun, running about chaotically, roleplaying wildly.

I enjoy the Orc "style". Being at once, the horrible, overbearing monster which can shred things around him, but at the same time, needing others of his kind around to rise to his full potential. More on this near the end of the post.

My second question relates to Thieves and Assassins. I had wanted to play a Thief during my last foray, but the time restraints which forced me to leave in the first place didn't allow me to. I am not sure what has come of them in terms of all these new "Paths" they can take, but back then, I simply knew that they would Blackjack people, and tie them up in various ways, causing a lot of chaos and basically screwing up the victims normal frame of mind for combat - not allowing them to use any of their preparations for general PK'ing to their fullest. If I am not mistaken, these abilities are now in their own Path, and not a general Thief thing, correct? How effective are they, and what is this that I am hearing about them being one-trick ponies? Is it a reliance on Blackjack (either you succeed, or you run or die trying) which lends to this labeling?

How different are Assassins from Thieves, other than the most obvious differentiations (no stealing, more attacks, and such). How do they 'handle' comparatively? I've read that "Assassinate" is almost pointless, as nobody ever succumbs to it who has half a brain. Are they just a Thief without the utility, and more attacks?

Thanks for any responses, nobody would help me with information in game, no matter how politely I tried to ask over 'tell', so this is all I can think of to aquire this information.

- Maelgog

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA few questions from an old player returning. [View all] , Thaelog, Sat 19-Jun-04 12:44 PM
Reply RE: A few questions from an old player returning., Qaledus, 19-Jun-04 01:35 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Hmm., Thaelog, 19-Jun-04 02:09 PM, #2
          Reply Bit o help., Cassman, 19-Jun-04 03:06 PM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #433 Previous topic | Next topic