Subject: "some last? words" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5114
Show all folders

Sehvoor (Guest)Tue 12-Mar-02 10:29 PM

#5117, "some last? words"

I will keep this intentionally short, for a few reasons.

One being, I have been out of the cf public eye for a while, so I can not immagine many people caring what I write.

If I DONT mention you. It is not a slight, and does not mean I had not planned on saying some thing to you, it just means you did not come to my mind first and I decided to cut this post short. If you want feedback, just post and ask, and I will let you have it.

Lob.

Mentor. Commander. Leader. Friend. Hardass(in a good way).
I remember when I was interviewing, some giant villager walked by, and said "Good luck...you'll need it with the Iron Claw" Boy, was he not kidding.

You wrung me dry in that interview, and had me do quite the quest for induction. don't get me wrong, I loved every moment of it. But it made me actually belly laugh when other people would go to that other forum and bitch and whine like little girls about how hard and unfair the tasks that I asked of them were.

You were one of a few(and probably the MAIN) reason I did not try to imm, despite some friendly prompting from two or three people.

Why?
1) I knew that with leader con and age, I would be either be gone or WAY old by the time another rites came around.

2) I just didn't see myself as proving myself worthy of the slot...without proving that I could be commander...*IF* I got the commander lot after you(I never EVER took anything for granted). And I didn't see the battle imms giving the job to a geriatric cat (even if I did have like 16 con or so at the end).

3) Honestly, I watched your rp, and my own, and Nery's and saw no way that I was up to the level that I saw in both of you. So I didn't figure I stood a chance of getting it. And, to tell you the truth, by the time you died...I didn't WANT to even try to fill the shoes you vacated, as I was sure I would come up short measured against Lob.

Nery

Raging Bitch(in a good way).
Wow. I only have two things to say....Inspiring, and I wish we had longer together.

My Fan Club (goapa, samar, Grolgthus, I am sure others)

You say your main problem with me, was that once I got the general slot, I became overbearing, full of myself, like I had (from goapa's post I think) though I "Had a god-given right".

My answer to that is many-fold.

1) The General slot WAS god given. so think up another excuse why you didn't like me

2) You talk about "Having to earn respect". This argument I just don't get. I agree. Noone should "Assume" that they have earned your particular respect. But. In a world where gods are visible, and in a cabal where the Gods are VERY visible...I just don't get how you guys looked at it...

Here is how *I* have looked at it in the past, when I was in your situation.

I don't know him. but, the GODS have deemed him worthy, and, because I trust the GODS of my own cabal, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that the Gods, who can see more than me, have seen his worth, even if I have not. Now...if he LOSES my respect...that is another thing, but I will start from the position of giving respect due to anyone the GODS have deemed worthy.

You, on the other hand, claim that it is every rager's DUTY to treat every leader like utter CRAP until he has personally proved himself to each and every one of you.

That's just not how a well oiled fighting force works.

3) Your version of events was this.

I come out of nowhere and get the general slot

The power goes to my head, and I get all overbearing.

you decide to dislike me.

4) My version of events (again, I had over 100 logs to prove this...but they are all gone) And I believe these are closer to reality.

I somewhat prove my intelligence to the leadership

I get the general position.

I am treated like total and UTTER crap by a few people.

I try to make peace with them.

I finally realize, that each of those treating me like crap are doing so because they believe that either the position SHOULD have gone to them, or that they are SOOO much better than me.

I finally decide to stop taking crap from the few that are giving it to me (at the prompting of a talk with Intronan, see the log), because I realize there is nothing I can do...short of giving them the general slot, that will "Earn their respect" anyway, so I stop trying.

There was also a feeling that I got from many villagers that I was not welcome in a leadership position because I wasn't one of the "Old-school"

Manarei.

Damnit. You were good. I never planned on or thought I would get a leadership position with this char, and I was hoping I could put some hours into working Assassinate and my pking skills....but with the whole interview thing, that just did not happen. I was really looking forward to trying to corner you into giving me a few pointers when you went away. Don't get me wrong, I will never complain about getting the spot, or having to do interviews...I actually enjoyed it the majority of the time....but seeing villagers like you and penz who had the freedom to go out and do the fun stuff while I was interviewing was hard at times.

Divox:

I too...loved having an enemy that actually tried to explain for once. It was refreshing.

Krajus:

Holy cow. I hated killing you. You were always a champ and a good sport about it. Never bitter, Always ready to go again in minimal time...there were times I wanted to hold you up to some of the whinier and more eq-whoreing villagers as what they should be more like....but, as a leader in the village...it would not do to praise an enemy.

Thror.

I loved it. I loved every minute of it. And I thank you for that. And most of all, I apologize that what I thought was a promising character, fell to the big ole RL monster...not with a bang...but a whimper.

I do have a few more logs of the whole Minalcar deal, but I didn't want to post those without your permission, as it was somewhat questy.

I always tried my best for you. Especially after I got that private meeting with you, that came out of right field and I walked around in real life for weeks on a high because of that. I admit, after the minalcar thing, when you said I would get a weapon forged for me, I was on cloud nine. But when you decided not to give me the weapon...I had no complaints.

Some of my greatest regrets, is that I did not get to finish where my role was going....When I stalked up talno in the rift and watched all of them go to the Village and I assassinated him right after the Massive fell...you gave me a public "well done".

Well...that wouldn't do. I HAD to do something bad after that, because in my role, at that point in my life I was supposed to be impetuous and angry. So...right after doing well by you, I went and killed the outer of the tribunal spire (they DID kill the outer of the village to get at a criminal...damnit). I knew doing it that I would get called down. When I almost had it killed, and nothing had happened to me, I mentioned over the cb what I was doing to get your attention.

To my dismay...after that episode...I realised that I had FORGOTTEN to transfer the role addition from Word to the mud, the role addition that explains how and why I am more rash and impetuous...DOH. So I figure you just thought I was turning into a moron.

If it makes you feel any better, I was getting near the end of the "stupid death" phase of my role and getting ready to move on to something new when life happend and I had to leave.

Again, Sorry about that.

I had played a few villagers before...under Creon(sp?) and Ghim and what not. I never was very successful...so I had pretty much given up on the cabal.

Then one day I am reading this forum and there is this big long thread on how all the old-schoolers don't like the new look on the village...and I read your response....and HOLY COW!

The reason I wasn't successful before, was because I always tried to play an intelligent villager...one who knew that courage did not equate to stupidity...and that stupid deaths to unbeatable odds didn't help the village.

Well, needless to say, those views made me unpopular back then...but I saw that that was the kind of Villager the Village wanted nowadays...so I decided to give the Village another go. I am glad I did.

Intronan/Kastellyn:

My largest regret there was that I didn't get enough of either of you. *chuckle*

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AUTO) Sehvoor the Crimson-Toothed [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 08-Mar-02 02:33 AM
Reply As the thread continues to degenerate..., Zulghinlour, 14-Mar-02 05:12 PM, #53
Reply Not with a bang...but a wimper., Sehvoor (Guest), 08-Mar-02 04:11 PM, #1
     Reply Ah, a villager I could trust..., Grollaski (Guest), 09-Mar-02 03:21 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Nydeikon (Guest), 09-Mar-02 07:31 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Divox, 09-Mar-02 08:42 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Nerylana (Guest), 09-Mar-02 11:39 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Not with a bang...but a wimper., Loborguz, 10-Mar-02 12:15 AM, #6
     Reply Found some logs, not the good ones...., Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 07:44 PM, #7
     Reply One of my favorite attempts at solo defending, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 07:52 PM, #8
     Reply I have 14 logs that look almost exactly like this, sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:00 PM, #9
     Reply Edited this one, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:12 PM, #10
     Reply For Grollaski (if too questy, please delete), Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:29 PM, #11
     Reply Sweeeeeeeet!, Grollaski (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:48 PM, #18
     Reply For Lob, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:40 PM, #12
     Reply Go, Samar, Grolg, I will refer you to this post in my, sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 08:57 PM, #13
     Reply I fail to see any relevance..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 03:45 AM, #39
          Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 11:41 AM, #43
               Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:48 PM, #47
                    Reply RE: I fail to see any relevance..., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 03:30 PM, #50
                         Reply Not Flame. Just a question., Goapa (Guest), 14-Mar-02 04:29 PM, #51
                              Reply RE: Not Flame. Just a question., HammerSong, 14-Mar-02 06:02 PM, #54
     Reply what Lob had me do for induction, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:16 PM, #14
     Reply RE: what Lob had me do for induction, Ex BT follower (Guest), 13-Mar-02 07:57 PM, #31
          Reply chuckle, Sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 09:23 PM, #34
     Reply Role, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:27 PM, #15
     Reply Descriptions over time, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 09:29 PM, #16
     Reply some last? words, Sehvoor (Guest), 12-Mar-02 10:29 PM #17
          Reply Last Words, Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 12:08 PM, #19
          Reply couple things, Sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 01:30 PM, #20
          Reply bah, never mind., sehvoor (Guest), 13-Mar-02 02:10 PM, #21
          Reply RE: bah, never mind., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 03:17 AM, #38
          Reply Right vs Wrong, HammerSong, 13-Mar-02 02:12 PM, #22
          Reply Situation without flavor., Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 04:01 PM, #26
               Reply RE: Situation without flavor., Vladamir, 13-Mar-02 06:39 PM, #29
                    Reply RE: Situation without flavor., HammerSong, 13-Mar-02 08:38 PM, #32
                         Reply RE: Situation without flavor., Vladamir, 13-Mar-02 11:42 PM, #35
          Reply Ok...., Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 03:02 PM, #23
          Reply Well..., Intronan, 13-Mar-02 03:34 PM, #25
               Reply Well then answer me this:, Goapa (Guest), 13-Mar-02 04:19 PM, #27
               Reply Very well, Intronan, 14-Mar-02 09:23 AM, #41
               Reply RE: Well..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:51 AM, #37
                    Reply Good point but..., Intronan, 14-Mar-02 09:30 AM, #42
                         Reply RE: Good point but..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:35 PM, #46
          Reply Sehvoor right, Goapa wrong, comments enclosed, Nerylana (Guest), 13-Mar-02 07:07 PM, #30
          Reply Orders from a Superior, Uncle Bob, 13-Mar-02 03:18 PM, #24
               Reply a sidenote..., Trezzy (Guest), 13-Mar-02 08:54 PM, #33
          Reply RE: some last? words, Krajus (Guest), 13-Mar-02 06:10 PM, #28
          Reply No..., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:13 AM, #36
          Reply well., sehvoor (Guest), 14-Mar-02 06:42 AM, #40
               Reply RE: well., Vladamir, 14-Mar-02 02:29 PM, #45
                    Reply Um, Hello? (Guest), 14-Mar-02 03:05 PM, #48
          Reply One thing I forgot to mention, Sehv (Guest), 14-Mar-02 01:28 PM, #44
               Reply RE: One thing I forgot to mention, Valguarnera, 14-Mar-02 03:28 PM, #49
               Reply RE: One thing I forgot to mention, Zulghinlour, 14-Mar-02 05:12 PM, #52
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5114 Previous topic | Next topic