Subject: "Excuse me for a moment." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3806
Show all folders

Loborguz (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 12:40 PM

#3817, "Excuse me for a moment."

I am going to discuss current things just this once because I really dont get you.

Respect a leader as an old time rager? What does that mean? Why would you not respect the Loborguz character as an old time rager? Loborguz the character has been insisting on courage, on fighting more one on one or at bad odds, been cracking down on people ganging, not showing respect for other villagers who are fighting already by jumping in as though they couldn't handle it themselves, etc. He is following the plaque and the gods' instructions (he can't change them, or even do differently, he was uninducted briefly for doing something that the gods didn't like) by ensuring people don't attack or kill non-magi or non-enemy fighter classes. He is insisting people look at what they wear so they aren't wearing obviously magical items - having people destroy the elemental bracelets for example, or the arctic fury for the newbies who don't know about it yet.

I played ragers "back in the day" and the truth of it is, people are more "courageous" now than they were then. They fight more alone or with equal or bad odds now than they did then. And it's even more courageous now because back then you could thirst on demand, you had no negative aspects to thirst, and you didn't have to worry that in four ticks you'll all of a sudden be so fatigued you can't re-resist or re-spellbane or have a decent hit/dam.

And tactics or village cohesion? Loborguz has a drillmaster who has said he would start having real drills. They were supposed to happen yesterday. But he had rl issues and couldn't show up (the drillmaster) so they are put off. The Commander is a firm believer in doing for yourself and leading by example. If you were a rager you'd know he doesn't order people to raid. He says he is going and if anyone wants to join, they are welcome. That's how you gain respect, to my way of thinking, by showin and doing for yourself, and letting others see you aren't sitting back.

Nobody is more aware of some of the mistakes I have made than me. I'm not perfect. But I'll be damned if I sit here and just let people accept that it was somehow better back when "old time ragers" were playing. It wasn't. "The good old days" are just nostalgia in this regard. There are plenty of people now who play "balls to the wall" as it's put, who place their lives on the line, who go in and fight hard. We lose and we win, but we play it hard.

Anyway, forgive me if this became more of a rant than I intended, and it's generally bad policy for a current leader to post, but this issue is too hot to let go by. I think I'll probably not post again, but I wanted to at least speak my mind on this right now. Other ragers can take up where I leave off if you or anyone else chooses to reply.

Loborguz' player.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) <None> Merithias the Knight Hero [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 17-Nov-01 10:41 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) <None> Merithias the Knight Hero, Jhyrbian (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 10:49 PM, #1
     Reply Anyway, a few goodbyes., Jhyrbian (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 11:17 PM, #2
          Reply bah, Phaistus (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 11:35 PM, #3
          Reply RE: bah, Samar...and nameless others (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 09:15 PM, #14
          Reply To satisfy curiousity, here's the story i was going to ..., Jhyrbian (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 02:31 PM, #22
               Reply Looks pretty good, Phaistus (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 07:05 PM, #25
          Reply Reguarding Thror, Vacationing rager (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 01:37 AM, #4
          Reply Excuse me for a moment., Loborguz (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 12:40 PM #5
          Reply RE: Excuse me for a moment., Minyar, 18-Nov-01 02:49 PM, #6
          Reply well I'll be painted pink., Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 03:35 PM, #7
          Reply RE: well I'll be painted pink., Minyar, 18-Nov-01 03:47 PM, #8
          Reply Side Note, Minyar, 18-Nov-01 03:53 PM, #9
          Reply Well, Chalin must have been all powerful., Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 02:31 AM, #16
               Reply Typically, Minyar, 19-Nov-01 02:50 PM, #23
          Reply RE: well I'll be painted pink., Minyar, 18-Nov-01 04:01 PM, #10
          Reply RE: well I'll be painted pink., Oaken (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 07:13 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Excuse me for a moment., Karthyle (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 10:03 AM, #18
               Reply RE: Excuse me for a moment., Minyar, 19-Nov-01 04:17 PM, #24
          Reply Actually, Vacationing rager (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 04:36 PM, #11
          Reply Abernyte.., Minyar, 18-Nov-01 11:24 PM, #15
          Reply RE: Reguarding Thror, Khrun (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 12:46 PM, #21
          Reply RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes., arkady (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 05:13 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes., Intronan (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 09:50 AM, #17
          Reply RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes., Laios (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 11:56 AM, #19
               Reply RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes., Intronan (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 12:30 PM, #20
          Reply !, Adrigon (Guest) (Guest), 23-Nov-01 01:15 PM, #26
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3806 Previous topic | Next topic