Subject: "(DEL) <None> Merithias the Knight Hero" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3806
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 17-Nov-01 10:41 PM
Member since 28th Apr 2024
16816 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3806, "(DEL) Merithias the Knight Hero"

Sat Nov 17 22:40:09 2001

3 o''clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Spring on the Theran calendar Merithias perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:139
PK Ratio:87% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) <None> Merithias the Knight Hero, Jhyrbian (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 10:49 PM, #1
     Reply Anyway, a few goodbyes., Jhyrbian (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 11:17 PM, #2
          Reply bah, Phaistus (Guest) (Guest), 17-Nov-01 11:35 PM, #3
          Reply RE: bah, Samar...and nameless others (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 09:15 PM, #14
          Reply To satisfy curiousity, here's the story i was going to ..., Jhyrbian (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 02:31 PM, #22
               Reply Looks pretty good, Phaistus (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 07:05 PM, #25
          Reply Reguarding Thror, Vacationing rager (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 01:37 AM, #4
          Reply Excuse me for a moment., Loborguz (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 12:40 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Excuse me for a moment., Minyar, 18-Nov-01 02:49 PM, #6
          Reply well I'll be painted pink., Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 03:35 PM, #7
          Reply RE: well I'll be painted pink., Minyar, 18-Nov-01 03:47 PM, #8
          Reply Side Note, Minyar, 18-Nov-01 03:53 PM, #9
          Reply Well, Chalin must have been all powerful., Goapa (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 02:31 AM, #16
               Reply Typically, Minyar, 19-Nov-01 02:50 PM, #23
          Reply RE: well I'll be painted pink., Minyar, 18-Nov-01 04:01 PM, #10
          Reply RE: well I'll be painted pink., Oaken (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 07:13 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Excuse me for a moment., Karthyle (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 10:03 AM, #18
               Reply RE: Excuse me for a moment., Minyar, 19-Nov-01 04:17 PM, #24
          Reply Actually, Vacationing rager (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 04:36 PM, #11
          Reply Abernyte.., Minyar, 18-Nov-01 11:24 PM, #15
          Reply RE: Reguarding Thror, Khrun (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 12:46 PM, #21
          Reply RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes., arkady (Guest) (Guest), 18-Nov-01 05:13 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes., Intronan (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 09:50 AM, #17
          Reply RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes., Laios (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 11:56 AM, #19
               Reply RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes., Intronan (Guest) (Guest), 19-Nov-01 12:30 PM, #20
          Reply !, Adrigon (Guest) (Guest), 23-Nov-01 01:15 PM, #26

Jhyrbian (Guest) (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-01 10:49 PM

#3807, "RE: (DEL) <None> Merithias the Knight Hero"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks Thror, forgot why i stopped playing ragers.

-Jhyrb.

Jhyrbian (Guest) (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-01 11:17 PM

#3808, "Anyway, a few goodbyes."
In response to Reply #1

Ragers: Krawg, Goapa, Meushen, Jezzan, Rio, whoever else. Was fun.
Loborguz: No idea what happened there, was just glad that we got ourselves straightened out. But apparently that wasn't enough.

Scions: Pathetic?

Sylvans: Wha?

Entropy: Who?

Thror: Had to make something out of a nonexistant issue eh? I guess that's your "character" to do that. But honestly Lob and i had put it in the past. I don't see how you couldn't grasp that simple concept. You might say i talk too much, yea, i do. Especially when i know i'm not wrong. I don't know how you can sit there and twist my words around then punish me for telling you you're wrong. I guess that's something you learn, because i sure as hell couldn't do that to someone.

Phaistus (Guest) (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-01 11:35 PM

#3829, "bah"
In response to Reply #2

Just face it..the reason you deleted is because you didnt want to kiss my feet when you lost the story telling contest.

Samar...and nameless others (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 09:15 PM

#3832, "RE: bah"
In response to Reply #3

I think the criticism is well founded. I've been playing...mostly rager charcters for about 4-5 years now. Courage may be better...but I don't think thats the essential issue. I believe spirit is...spirit and cause..pride...and..being able to have the village be a "brotherhood" instead of some regiment of troops who are so lost in their own leadership authority that they should place, that they can't even piss on their own, and that defeats a big point of the cabal.

I'll not say much more, because it might influence things..or stir up tepid emotions..but the village spirit is in need of rebirth, the faith in the cause, instead of just killing magi and "knowing why we do it" doesn't mean that we have spirit and pride in it. Anyway...thats all..

Jhyrbian (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 02:31 PM

#3830, "To satisfy curiousity, here's the story i was going to ..."
In response to Reply #3

Step, step, pause, breathe. Step, step, pause, breathe.

Stumbling along the open road, cane in hand, beard covered in sand,
The ancient, grey wizard did roam the land.
Mumbling to himself, lost in thoughts of his past,
Still prideful and arrogant, knowing the spells he could cast.
He knew not where he went, nor did he know why,
But he did know one thing, he knew he was sly.

Step, step, pause, breathe. Step, step, pause, breathe.

Along his journey, he encountered a child,
Running alone by herself, looking frisky and wild.
Stroking his beard, the wizard flashed a wicked smile,
For he planned a foul plan, with his evil wit and guile.
trade he would make, and her soul he would take,
For nary but a shiny bauble her soul she'd forsake.
"Hello, little child! Little child, hello!
Would you like a shiny ball, a ball that will glow?"
And with a twiddle of his fingers, the ball did appear,
Her face lit with curiousitiy, the child did near.
"A little bit closer. Come closer, my dear!
No reason to worry, there is nothing to fear!"
Quick as a mouse, the girl scurried in,
Swiped up the bauble and tugged the beard on his chin.
Stunned for a moment by the brash little girl,
Recovering quickly, his lips began to curl,
Spitting out foul words of magic, the wizard stood tall,
Then took a step forward, and began a sharp fall!
Far too late, he realized his fate,
His face fell hard on the pale, earthen slate.
Though bruised and bloody, the worst wound was his pride,
For the sly, little thief had his boots tied!
And picking himself up, he began to curse,
For now he realized, she made off with his purse!

Step, wince, pause, breathe. Step, wince, pause, breathe.

Stumbling along the open road, in cloak and hood, beard covered in blood,
say The ancient, grey wizard paused where he stood.
say Still prideful and arrogant, though his leg's in need of a cast.
He knew not where he went, nor did he know why,
But one thing he did know, he knew he was sly.

Step, wince, pause, breathe. Step, wince, pause, breathe.

Trotting down the old east road, stirring dirt and dust,
A noble knight on his horse, shining armor free from rust,
Slowed his steed to a walk as the wizard raised an arm,
"Come here, good knight. Good knight, come here! I can do no harm,
I am but a frail, old man, battered, bruised and weak,
Bandits robbed me of my gold, asylum I do seek!"
But in the darkness of his mind the wizard had a plan,
To come in contact with the knight and steal strength from the man!
And so he approached, the wizard did, a glint in his cold black eye,
Reaching the horse he breathed relief, and rested against the mount's thigh.
Too late it was he realized that a dagger in his cloak,
Was set askew from his fall, and into the horse it did poke!
Neighing in a panic, nostrils flaired, eyes open wide,
The horse took off in a fit of rage, with it's owner it did ride!
But empty handed they did not leave, for the cloak had caught a snag,
On the horses saddle, the wizard's cloak fluttered like a rag.
Naked as the day he was born, the wizard stood aghast,
Trembled in rage and anger, his sanity would not last.

Step, wince, shiver, breathe. Step, wince, shiver, breathe.

Stumbling along the open road, against cold he would fend, beard whipped in the wind,
The grey wizard's mind in a bend.
Still prideful and arrogant, though bare on his ass.
He knew not where he travelled to, nor did he know why,
But one thing he did know, he knew he was sly.

Oh, but he was devious, that crazy, naked, old man,
Despite all his previous failures, he had a fool-proof plan.
He'd gather all the dupes and fools from the Empire and the Tower,
Conspire in a magic cave, in his foolish search for power.
And so masterminded the creation of the Scion Cabal,
And created an infamous laughing stock, the biggest joke of all.

Phaistus (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 07:05 PM

#3831, "Looks pretty good"
In response to Reply #22

It really depends on how you tell it too

Not going to post mine because I may tell it eventually, but I think I would have beaten you. Too bad we will never know.

Vacationing rager (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 01:37 AM

#3814, "Reguarding Thror"
In response to Reply #2

>I don't know how
>you can sit there and
>twist my words around then
>punish me for telling you
>you're wrong. I guess that's
>something you learn, because i
>sure as hell couldn't do
>that to someone.

Wow, that hit the nail on the head. I seriously don't know if it's your "roleplay" or just the way you approach these situations.... but the above point combined with your character's stubborn roleplay can make interaction with you strain to the point where it's almost unbearable... especially if you're playing a rager with a fierce sense of pride similar to what Battle was like pre-changes. In no way do I mean to criticize you as a person or an imm, I certainly don't know what it's like to be in your shoes and I wouldn't even mention this if it were an isolated incident... but this tends to come up again and again every time I decide to try out the village for old time's sake. It's been a long time since i've seen leadership in the village I don't feel is somewhat lacking, either in being what a villager should be or just the fact I think they're nothing more than bootlickers. I believe I once read something where you said that to a certain extent it was the players that determined the course a cabal would take... on the behalf of many of us (I can assume this from the many posts i've read on the topic, Minyar and Jhyrbian being the most recent) I ask that you take a step back and let the cabal completely govern itself for a while. Who knows, maybe we'll even get a leader that some of us older ragers can respect... (errr, minus the leadership of Intronan, I wasn't playing a rager at the time but I heard he did some interesting things).

Loborguz (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 12:40 PM

#3817, "Excuse me for a moment."
In response to Reply #4

I am going to discuss current things just this once because I really dont get you.

Respect a leader as an old time rager? What does that mean? Why would you not respect the Loborguz character as an old time rager? Loborguz the character has been insisting on courage, on fighting more one on one or at bad odds, been cracking down on people ganging, not showing respect for other villagers who are fighting already by jumping in as though they couldn't handle it themselves, etc. He is following the plaque and the gods' instructions (he can't change them, or even do differently, he was uninducted briefly for doing something that the gods didn't like) by ensuring people don't attack or kill non-magi or non-enemy fighter classes. He is insisting people look at what they wear so they aren't wearing obviously magical items - having people destroy the elemental bracelets for example, or the arctic fury for the newbies who don't know about it yet.

I played ragers "back in the day" and the truth of it is, people are more "courageous" now than they were then. They fight more alone or with equal or bad odds now than they did then. And it's even more courageous now because back then you could thirst on demand, you had no negative aspects to thirst, and you didn't have to worry that in four ticks you'll all of a sudden be so fatigued you can't re-resist or re-spellbane or have a decent hit/dam.

And tactics or village cohesion? Loborguz has a drillmaster who has said he would start having real drills. They were supposed to happen yesterday. But he had rl issues and couldn't show up (the drillmaster) so they are put off. The Commander is a firm believer in doing for yourself and leading by example. If you were a rager you'd know he doesn't order people to raid. He says he is going and if anyone wants to join, they are welcome. That's how you gain respect, to my way of thinking, by showin and doing for yourself, and letting others see you aren't sitting back.

Nobody is more aware of some of the mistakes I have made than me. I'm not perfect. But I'll be damned if I sit here and just let people accept that it was somehow better back when "old time ragers" were playing. It wasn't. "The good old days" are just nostalgia in this regard. There are plenty of people now who play "balls to the wall" as it's put, who place their lives on the line, who go in and fight hard. We lose and we win, but we play it hard.

Anyway, forgive me if this became more of a rant than I intended, and it's generally bad policy for a current leader to post, but this issue is too hot to let go by. I think I'll probably not post again, but I wanted to at least speak my mind on this right now. Other ragers can take up where I leave off if you or anyone else chooses to reply.

Loborguz' player.

MinyarSun 18-Nov-01 02:49 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3819, "RE: Excuse me for a moment."
In response to Reply #5

I have a few comments on some of your reasoning here. Lets see, you said, ragers now are more courageous? What a load. I believe you and Goapa are the only exceptions to a that rule, possibly Jezzan. However, my last death came to him and Meushen gang-banging me in Galadon...and I had been fighting Jezzan alone, which I assure you, with three servitors hitting him, he still beats me every time. Even when Barriered, and shielded. He beat the crap outta me. Then, he comes with Meushen because why? Who knows, but it sure as heck wasn't a raid situation...which is how we could actually "gang" someone back in the day. I'm sorry, but I don't see much courage from your people. I gaunted and killed Rabaen because he was with Karthyle and Samar. They quit out not long after the situation. Samar fled me in the past and called in Merithias because he "didn't have powers." Boo hoo, I've fought many without transform or a walker...what is his point? A frigging smart spear spec could easily beat me and servitors.

Ok, no drawbacks to bloodthirst? Yeah right, Thirst used to attack everyone, even cabalmates for quite a long time. Thirst is good in some ways...but is also a easy way to die when you are being attacked by four mages. However, I don't see battle taking on those odds anymore. Now, I said your an exception, but not getting ON Meushen's back when he waited at my recall to cranial me after you attacked me in Hamsah...how crappy is that? You have little to no ground to stand on with this, we are more courageous bs.

Minyar

Goapa (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 03:35 PM

#3822, "well I'll be painted pink."
In response to Reply #6

I have been a rager for upmost of 7 years and I have seen it all. From the times where bloodthirst hit anyone walking by to when it was awesome and hit only non-ragers with no draw backs, to now. I can honestly say the village has changed, especially with the break up into three kinds. Because of that the village has had to adopt different tactics than bloodthirst/crush everyone.

Now, your situations here. Meushen and Jezzan fightin you in Galadon. If you had a problem inform LEADERSHIP! Is this beyond people's heads or something? It is dealt with more harshly now than I can ever think it has been. I cannot imagine someone getting uninducted for accidently walkin in and cranialling (when you don't see who is there) and getting uninducted. It happens now, harsh yes, more harsh than past definitely.

I would truely like to hear what you would do as a spear spec rager who doesn't have ranks (who doesn't have powers either) on a conjurer with an at least 51 ranked elemental, an ice devil, and the new and improved nightwalker conjurer pet. I would love to hear it. Tell us the OBVIOUS of which we are all missing. Please enlighten the stupid masses of your wisdom. I am DYING to hear this.

Now with the havin Meushen wait at your recall point. Ok I have problems with you crying about this. It is called using tactics. It probably was Loborguz totally outclassed you and you recalled barely alive. How is it not smart to put another at your recall point to make sure you die? Last night, three scions all should have died three times each but were recalled away, including the log on the unofficial. Are we just supposed to accept it and carry on? "Oh got away. I could wait where he is recalled and kill them, but that would be too smart for a villager to do." This is called tactical use of the weapons before you. You don't like being outsmarted, use teleport, or orb of travel (or if your hometown is galadon then you are still screwed but you get my drift). This is on the same level of me killin all the guild guardians in galadon for the mages and picking them off when they run in there for safety.

OH CRAP, the VILLAGERS ARE USING THEIR HEADS!

I won't even address your total misinformation about the current and past bloodthirsts. Any berserker would give up how bloodthirst is now to have it back in the Minalcar days.
And you are right, even with the drawbacks that it DID have. Attack anything in the room, etc, can't rest or sleep, you have ADDITIONAL drawbacks on top of that which include a fatigue that last for the same length you thirsted for where your hit/damage goes down by a ton, you don't regenerate mana or health, you dodge/parry/shield block for utter crap. What the hell do you want? You are so misinformed.

Fighting four on one. Is that the norm villagers should be facing? Is that what you want? I have seen Meushen, Merithias, Loborguz, and a few others do things that were pretty much insane to be doing seeing what we were facing. I'll just take the time when scions had five people sitting at the archmage including a healer, an invoker, and a polearm spec warrior, and the villagers who are already outnumbered by what is at the archmage are RAIDING them. We lost a few, all of the scions survived BECAUSE of recalling by others. Talk about brave, that is it right there.

It is like you are wanting the village to be these warriors that you can just pick off when you want, who don't use their head, who just stand there alone waiting to be gangbanged, who don't use tactics but still don't fight any non-mage warrior types or priest types, who don't use any equipment that has a magic flag, etc. We are playing this game for fun as well, we are not your punching dummies.

And to be honest, I played an evil conjurer in scarab and an evil conjurer in scion to 51 and they both rocked. My ice devils would barrier/shield me right away when fighting good aligned mobs. Slap on stone skin and an aura that lasts 20 hours and it was so easy to destroy people for a long period of time. Maybe if you invested some time in healing staves and other regenerative items that are simple to get you would not get rocked so much. Hell, my ice devil did this psionic blast on people that would kill them outright sometimes, or stun the crap out of them, or do things I still don't know what they were.

I am ranting here, but to tear down Loborguz supposedly because his leadership is bad is sick and wrong. He is one of the better leaders of the village. He is around a lot, he is not a coward in any shape or form, he makes sure people stay in line, he puts his life on the line without thought, and he leads by example not by some divine "I got the power" bullcrap and has respect of a lot of villagers (if not them all). AND on top of that leadership is a farking thankless job! And he has stuck to it, dispite his mistakes and his shortcomings and put the village on top. You be a leader of a cabal for 200 hours and you can begin to talk trash. You my friend are ranting from a totally misinformed and blinded position.

MinyarSun 18-Nov-01 03:47 PM
504 posts
#3825, "RE: well I'll be painted pink."
In response to Reply #7

A few responses. I never intended to tear down Loborguz...and believe me Goapa, I shared concerns with Loborguz a few times, and all I got was, "You are a mage, I don't care what you say." Hm...so how does that work?

When I had Chalin, I would have impaled the damn conjurer...spin is a nice and very effective skill, or at least, it was. I would have at least stayed for a round or two of combat, before running all over and calling in another to help me. There was no accidental cranial on the part of Meushen in Galadon, they walked in together, and attacked together. Go ahead, call recall sitting tactics...thats fine...Loborguz can scissor kick me and keep me there, he didn't, his fault. Its not like you don't run from us and just hide...your point, IMO is without substance. They get away, they get away, happens to us as well, usually the only way I got people who fled me, was to gaunt them. I didn't say they have to face four on one to be courageous, but most don't even seem to want to face a hero one to one. I fought Conjurers when they were much more overpowered than they are now with Chalin, and I held me own. You should have seen what Anterrabae used to do to me. Oh well, you call it tactics, I call it pathetic. I haven't played a rager since Chalin because I don't like the changes, its my opinion.

If I said Lobo is a bad leader, then I take it back, but I'm fairly sure I gave him and you props because you actually do fight. However, if you want to think I think he is a bad leader, kiss it, I don't care what you think. Flee, blackjack, awe crap, I missed, flee..run for the hills

Minyar

MinyarSun 18-Nov-01 03:53 PM
504 posts
#3828, "Side Note"
In response to Reply #8

Didn't know thirst had changed...and I'm glad that it has been. It was kinda a sick skill, but a very dangerous one. I guess now it has more drawbacks for more "tactical" use. Oh well, sorry about the misinformation, however, my above answer to your rant stays.

Aaron

Goapa (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 02:31 AM

#3826, "Well, Chalin must have been all powerful."
In response to Reply #8

You are refering to Chalin a lot here which is interesting seeing that Chalin has not been alive for what? 2 + years? My evil conjurers were back to back, my scion conjurer being a transfer from Empire inducted by that empire mage that helped change empire to scion. I do not know of any big "changes" besides additions to them through the elemental skills. Two weeks ago I saw an ice devil do exactly what I was talking about to a mob in ardihol. I don't think it has changed, but you can say it has if you want to make yourself feel better.

Your example about how a spear spec is going to take on an elemental, ice devil, nightwalker, and conjurer without powers is so weak it is pathetic. "Oh spin will save your life!". Arial sword spec with powers gets beat down by the new nightwalker, how is a spear spec without powers going to do it with addition of an elemental and ice devil and conjurer? You are truly delusional. Let us all bow down to the power of impale/spin for its conjurer slaying abilities. If you want a conjurer dead? why impale him and he will certainly die instantly, alas according to Chalin. Well I guess if Chalin was fighting Sintarlin this might actually work! heh.

You can call it pathetic, but what it comes down to is you were outsmarted yet again. Which is why you probably got beat on so much. What, you want word of recall to take you to your own personal room where you can't be hurt until you leave? *laugh* Assumptions of safety is a beautiful thing. I love it when mages think they are safe in their guild. I love it when you think you are safe when you recall. I love it, because it automatically gives me another advantage over you.

And your reference to villagers being thrown out of battle for sitting at recall points is COMPLETELY off. A villager sitting at a recall point to kill a healer who is not one of our enemies got booted. Also when two villagers killed a healer, they got the boot as well. Waiting at recall points is a valid and common tactic amoung rager thieves and assassins. And during raids of the hole, it is a good idea, if you have numbers, to leave one villager in Hamash because all you good scions recall there. I have had a previous rager praised by Nimbus because I found out all the recall points of all the mages we fought and would wait for them there.

Oh and your last point. flee, blackjack, awe crap, I missed, flee and run for the hills. What is that about? You trying to insult me? Oh I forgot a defender thief should stand toe to toe with the four scions he was fighting because that is how powerful he was. I cannot believe how stupid people are who complain about this. And 95% of the time, I have not "run for the hills" I have moved a couple spaces away and re-evaluate the situation/wait for protections to drop/allow the blackjack lag to go away/see if people split up to look for me, etc. 95% of the time, the battle isn't actually over. This of course you fail to grasp which is also why you died so many times.

All this ranting by you just seems like you don't want a challenge. Instead you want a mud where you can drive around on your ultimate power trip crushing everyone in your path, and when you fail, you up and delete and blame blame blame without pointing the finger at yourself. So many times were you caught without fly when you had a demon it was gross. So many times did you walk out and fight with no protections. So many times did you perform the spamming magic missile assault and wonder why you died, so many times did you walk out and get assassinated when you sat in the hole and didn't think of teleporting instead of walking out. These are all things you could have remedied easily, but you didn't. You didn't learn, you didn't change tactics, nothing, you just charged out thinking "because I got an -insert big conjuration here- I should win without any problems."

Man am I irritated by you. They change Battle because you are complaining they kill warrior types too much. Now that it is changed, you complain that villagers are not like they were in the "old days". Yet, you have forgotten you complained about them in the old days too. It just sounds like you are looking for a reason why you are not doing well. *shrug* Suck it up and learn and the moment you stop blaming others and blame yourself you will improve.

And the worst thing about it is, you tear Loborguz down in your post and then you have the gall to say, "I never intended to tear Loborguz down" yet that is EXACTLY what you did intend to do. Man do you make me mad.

MinyarMon 19-Nov-01 02:50 PM
504 posts
#3827, "Typically"
In response to Reply #16

Typically I don't get in flame wars...and this has been interesting. Because you are easily angered it seems, where as, after I'm done posting here, I don't care anymore. I don't get mad over this game, I don't get pissed off at other peoples "opinions." I do find it funny that you say I complained that warriors were getting beat down, which I didn't. I also find it interesting that you throw other peoples posts...that maybe I said I agree with, into a post against me. Especially since I didn't talk about some of the things you said. I don't care enough to go back and look, so I'll just let you think what you want.

As for getting mad at me, please, take a break, and calm yourself, because I think you are the only one who is all "ticked off" by this whole thing. I didn't say I was the best with Sintarlin, nor with Chalin, I was far from it. i didn't say that Hamsah should have been a safe haven for me, in fact I really hate Hamsah in many ways. I didn't say its not smart to sit at my recall point and wait for me to recall. Tactically its very smart, I just don't find it to be befitting of a warrior, or someone who calls themself courageous. Well, Loborguz didn't kill him, so I'll just take his last 80 hps. Fine, good job, you got me, you full looted me, way to go. I do expect it more from a low down scoundrel thief...and I mean that as in game, not calling you one. SO don't get all huffy. If I made errors, truly point them out, in a normal, speaking, dialoguing manner, instead of trying to rip all of my chars apart. I said, with Chalin, I would have done things different, and as many who knew him would agree, he was a bit crazy at times. GO figure, he was a berserking dwarf. He didn't make Drillmaster for being horrible though. Oh well, think what you wish, I don't think it was two years ago. And yes, conjurer elementals were toned down a bit, and given the other things you speak of.

As for the comment about your "tactics," I wanted to see if it would get a rise out of you, and man it worked well.

Minyar

MinyarSun 18-Nov-01 04:01 PM
504 posts
#3824, "RE: well I'll be painted pink."
In response to Reply #7

>AND on top of that leadership is a farking thankless job! And >he has stuck to it, dispite his mistakes and his shortcomings >and put the village on top. You be a leader of a cabal for 200 >hours and you can begin to talk trash. You my friend are >ranting from a totally misinformed and blinded position.

Just thought I would mention that I have played two battle leaders, and three veterans. I know what leadership of the Battle cabal is like. I took battle from a low point, like you were, to a very high point with Josiah. Then, I came back as Creon and led Battle during the transmuter changes when it was usually just me in the village. Maybe thats why his name is on the pillar. Please, don't take the "you don't know what your talking about" angle with me. I have been there, yes, I admit, I don't know all the changes to Battle, but you also haven't played a conjurer lately then, because they are not what they were. Which is good, because I will be the first to say they were overpowered back during the times when you probably played one. I hope that you can at least admit you don't know how powerful conjurers are now, as I don't know what they were like from the player standpoint then.

Minyar

Oaken (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 07:13 PM

#3823, "RE: well I'll be painted pink."
In response to Reply #7

>Now with the havin Meushen wait
>at your recall point. Ok
>I have problems with you
>crying about this. It is
>called using tactics. It probably
>was Loborguz totally outclassed you
>and you recalled barely alive.
>How is it not smart
>to put another at your
>recall point to make sure
>you die? Last night, three
>scions all should have died
>three times each but were
>recalled away, including the log
>on the unofficial. Are we
>just supposed to accept it
>and carry on? "Oh got
>away. I could wait where
>he is recalled and kill
>them, but that would be
>too smart for a villager
>to do." This is called
>tactical use of the weapons
>before you.

Villagers used to be booted for that "tactic", as I believe they still should be.

Karthyle (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 10:03 AM

#3820, "RE: Excuse me for a moment."
In response to Reply #6

"I gaunted and killed Rabaen because he was with Karthyle and Samar. They quit out not long after the situation."

I must have been scared of that deadly gaunt or you yourself eh? *roll*

MinyarMon 19-Nov-01 04:17 PM
504 posts
#3821, "RE: Excuse me for a moment."
In response to Reply #18

One question, I don't remember, maybe you can remind me...
Did you ever fight me alone, truly alone?

Minyar

PS and Rabaen basically told me, you both just decided to leave, I even gave his stuff back. WHy did you leave, if you were going to go rank? I didn't say it was me, but you did both leave, the fact is true! Don't read so much into it!

Vacationing rager (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 04:36 PM

#3818, "Actually"
In response to Reply #5

Most of the point of that was how Thror treated ragers, but if you want to drag yourself into it... I wont name names of any current players, but when it comes to the older ragers who are playing current ones, no, you aren't very respected. You have bouts where you treat ragers like children and i've heard some veiled grumbling about your actual skills as a commander. I can name at least 2 people on the pillar who have had problems with your leadership since you ascended to the position, and having known Josiah's player through many different characters I could prolly toss on a third were he still playing ragers. I don't know why you're making courage the central issue, either, cause that wasn't what I was getting at... my problem is how ragers are treated. Having imms who (at times) will toss you for even the smallest of problems and commanders that yell at you for speaking your mind (can't have any insubordination now can we, not fit for an army... hell, I can think of a recent uninduction log that somehow ended up in my hands that was very sketchy)... well, Battle is beginning to remind me of a long gone cabal we used to fight.

MinyarSun 18-Nov-01 11:24 PM
504 posts
#3816, "Abernyte.."
In response to Reply #4

Hey man, I know you are reading these, email me, I lost your email and stuff, and I changed the one you had. The email adreess is aborton@home.com Also, anyone else who feels like they know me well enough and they want to touch base...like Jhyrbian, give me an email. I lost contact with quite a few of you over the time. In some ways I really like Thror, but I liked Nimbus much better. AT least he would BASH you and then make you look at what you did. Thror seems to go a bit beyond this and doesn't listen as much. Oh well, he is the "man" he can do as he pleases. I miss Battle Thror, and long ago you said I should come back and try to change things. Lately, I've been so disgusted, I would rather make a char to defeat them, rather than help them.

I also agree with whoever said something about Spirit. Man, I'm telling you, Battle was just different back then. We had many good "old" players who knew what they were doing, and we all worked together well, I don't know if that happens now. I used to just equip people with Josiah, because that was part of his style (back before roles). Not sure where I went with that, mainly just to say, it was different. Sylvan is, or was, when I had Aliborni, more like Ragers of old, as for family. Being a wolf in the pack!

Aaron aka Minyar
Minyar

Khrun (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 12:46 PM

#3815, "RE: Reguarding Thror"
In response to Reply #4

definately hit the nail on the head.

Khrun, kicked from battle for being "ungrateful" when he wasn't such a thing in the slightest.

arkady (Guest) (Guest)Sun 18-Nov-01 05:13 PM

#3813, "RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes."
In response to Reply #2

I always got this strong 'asshole' vibe from you, but you gave me that saber and suprised the hell out of me. Then the very next week you loot my kill and won't let me see something just to lore it; a 'good' evil guy you love to hate. I could tell you were much more skilled than me and I hoped to learn a few things from you in time. Peace.

Intronan (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 09:50 AM

#3810, "RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes."
In response to Reply #2

Interesting character. Enjoyed him very much, and what he was trying to do. Not that I agreed with it, but I was willing to lead you in the direction you wanted to go with him. Good job on that part.

On another note... you have some bias against Thror that I don't believe is grounded in fact. He's not out to persecute anybody, and I think the cabal now has a more interesting dynamic than it did before. It's not the same... but the changes are really, in the big scheme of things, minor. Some of your rants come off as an old man talking about walking to school, uphill, both ways, in the snow.

Sorry you're a bit bitter about the cabal, and it's IMM's, but I'd like to believe that the majority of the players in Battle truly enjoy it, and accept, and to an extent, embrace the minor changes in it.

Again, interesting character, hope to see you in some form again.

Laios (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 11:56 AM

#3811, "RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes."
In response to Reply #17

I'm sorry, but does ANYBODY who is well versed on both sides of the coin agree with you that these changes to the cabal were only somewhat minor?

Intronan (Guest) (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-01 12:30 PM

#3812, "RE: Anyway, a few goodbyes."
In response to Reply #19

Yes. And no, I won't go into any more detail, as a flame war (as these most often become), is the last thing I care to engage in right now. Because certain opinions have been far more vocal then others, does not make them more valid.

Adrigon (Guest) (Guest)Fri 23-Nov-01 01:15 PM

#3809, "!"
In response to Reply #2

Deleting before I can kick your generic arial ass! bah. now go roll something constructive. entropy necromancer perhaps? nexus warrior type? channel the rage out against them villagers eh?

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #3806 Previous topic | Next topic