Subject: "My Goodbyes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #35933
Show all folders

Aesrira (Guest)Mon 14-Mar-05 03:22 PM

#35934, "My Goodbyes"

Now for the Good Byes

Writing these goodbyes is always hard when you have so much invested in the character. I'm sure I'm going to forget some people so if I do, just post and I'll reply.

Immortals:

To the Imms - You've made a great game. Even after a two year break it’s still great and if possible even better. As a player I've always imagined I'm weaving my character into a living novel, but that's not the same as setting the stage for the entire novel itself. The time, dedication and professionalism you put into the game is staggering. My thanks for that, I think your doing a great job.

To the immortal I spoke to about deleting - Taking the time to answer my question, showing an interest in my character, all the things I have come to expect from an Imm. If anyone is interested, the question I had was about rage deleting and reactivating. I had somehow gotten it into my head there was a way to confirm that it was not a rage delete so that it would go through faster. Most of you probably know there isn't, but that’s what you get for not having played since the new rage protection was imp'ed.

Amaranthe - Let me start by saying, Congratulations on expecting and I hope you have an easy birth and a happy, healthy child. It must be nearing now, so best wishes.

I remember a few months back, I was mid rank and rising, having a hard time getting a group, and a harder time getting in touch with you. It was then that I read on your forum what was going on and realized you had a lot on your plate. Yet you were still concerned with CF, and now I know you were pregnant at the time with one child already?! That’s the kind of dedication I'm talking about. I did a little more digging on your forum and read you liked in-game notes so I started sending them to you. I hope you liked reading them, I certainly liked writing them. You've created a rich religion, something a player can really dig deep into. It was a great experience and in many ways helped define my character.

I also want to thank you for taking a chance on the tattoo and making me Harbinger. It was a goal of the Character but keeping with my philosophy of growth I had back up plans in case another was chosen. It would not have been the happy Aesrira stomping around the tree, but a barren, bitter crone. Still it might have been interesting. Perhaps if I had been more interested in PKing, I might even have wished it. As it is I still prefer "nibbling a cub" to flying off to bite, but I'm glad I got a chance to explore that side of the game. I might even try for a more balanced mix between the two in my future characters.

Anyway, you’re the best. CF will be poorer for your absence. I personally can't wait to see you back playing even if it's in a more casual role.

Innis - I didn't get to know you as much as I would have liked, but I liked what I saw. To me you were kind, understanding, very much warm like the sun itself. It was a pleasure seeing you rise during my character's lifetime. I would have liked to speak to you more about your religion but in some ways doing so always felt like a betrayal to Amaranthe. I was pretty wrapped up in her religion. Instead, I settled for getting a glimpse through talking with the Sun Warden.

Lyristeon - Another great outlander imm. A perfect representative for the darker side of Outlanders. I enjoyed talking with you those few times. As both a player and a character, your religion was the hardest for me to wrap my mind around. That’s one of the reasons Aesrira liked digging on you. I have a feeling there are some nuggets I'm still missing. Perhaps one day I'll get a change to try it and see for myself.

Outlanders:

Let me start by saying I thought each and every one of you were well role played. As a player, one of my goals was to have the best role played cabal in the game. I tried to set a minimum for induction that was substantially higher than the rest of the mud and each one of you made that easily. For those I inducted/recommended that was a given, it was one of the reasons I spent so much time with each applicant. For those already in the cabal, well Tjok did a great job, period. I feel lucky that I had such great material to work with. The players really stepped up and came at me with great characters and interesting interviews. So here is a general thanks to you to you all. Thank you.

Drahke - Blackpaws! Loved the character. I especially liked how you spoke and acted regarding names. Tinuthiel tried something similar, she wouldn't speak to anyone that didn't introduce themselves, snobby elf you know! But you've taken it one step further. Very interesting. I still remember you talking about flesh mages and one coming when we were in the wastes. For some reason I was thinking either a necro or an enemy mage. So when Meronir showed up I was actually getting ready to attack till you said, friend. It would have been an interesting mix up. Anyways, the best compliment Aesrira could give is strong spirit, and I have to agree. Keep on biting, you've a lot to teach those spirelings! Oh, I really liked that blood ritual you were starting. Quite interesting.

Carijisdun - Ah! Sister Scorpion. As Aesrira said, some cubs just shine. I really enjoyed our interview. If I could have inducted you on the spot I would have. Now that Aesrira is happily living in a swamp some where, I can say it, you were her favorite step cub. I really enjoyed romping around with you, and was looking forward to several hundred more hours of it. There’s no doubt that if I had kept on living I would have started writing pages about you in my role. The only reason I didn't was I knew the delete was coming and there was so much else I had to do outside the game. Your a great character, keep the spirit and hit em hard!

Brulgbabauth - I wish our times were more compatible. I would have liked stomping around with you some more.

Aerik - Drunk! ... Well no but a strong, competent, well role played bard, you got to love that! I'm going to miss seeing which way your character grows. I think you have a great mix of hunting/teaching going on and I hope you keep it up. You definitely helped make my job easier. And as a porcupine, I just loved raiding with you. You sure made Aesrira feel safe. I wish we got a chance to stomp around some more but I'm glad you were there when I left to go off to the swamps.

Viviarong - A strong druid. It's a shame our hours were not too similar. I liked having you around and definitely liked your ideas with the seed. I was looking forward to seeing where it would go.

Reggie, Sivakar, Parantl - Ah, the invoker squad. You guys always had shields at the ready most often without me having to ask. Aesrira couldn't say thanks, she didn't believe in it, so let me say it now, Thanks! I can't tell you how glad I was to see invokers in the cabal. When I was inducted the only mages were shifters, and one mutter. I think the imms made the right call when they changed manacles. Its still not easy but you guys really showed spirit in being willing to raid and take the flag. Keep up the good work.

Tytinious - Well damn! I never got to see you find your next beast within as Aesrira would say! I hope you enjoy it when you get it. I was pretty reckless on that last hunt with Viviarong, part of it was the Raven role that was evolving but also part was that I knew the delete was coming and really wanted to see your next form. As a long time shifter I know how important it can be. Anyway, keep up the good work. It’s a shame we never spoke about the meaning of your beasts. I would have liked to hear which way you were growing.

Otzo - Ah, the Sun Priest! You practically glowed. I liked speaking with you. A shame I never got to finish the Raven story.

Biedal - Loved the eagerness you brought to your character. There was a youthful exuberance that was refreshing to see.

Cestileria - My biggest regret. You made a serious mistake, but I still wish I had handled it differently. If you had been trusting the cabal I could have gotten you away before it happened. If it had not happened right in front of me I certainly would have handled it differently. I spent a lot of time looking for you, but I never saw you again. I'm note sure if your character is still alive or not, but if not, I hope you make another outlander. You seemed new, but that just gave an enduring quality to your character. You are definitely the type of player I liked having in the cabal. Good luck in the fields.

Jekte - One of my favorite interviews. I was never so close to actually smacking my screen then when I was talking with you. I could tell from the start you had promise. You taught me something about patience and digging to find the root of the problem. Good luck.

Litai - Practically a healer in a can! Definitely an asset, I wish we got to spend some more time together.

Ukthan - Loved your choice of note. I thought that was unique and clever. I didn't see you much after the induct so I hope your just playing different hours. I tried keeping as open a schedule as I could to catch anyone who was playing what were to me the off hours.

Atohner - I put you through a rough process, for a hero coming to a cabal I thought it was needed. In the end I was willing to induct you. I liked the heart your character showed and your own take on magic. I hope you keep speaking with the next Harbinger.

Dankin and Praetor - Blame Roadrunner! My cable went down as I was getting ready to come interview. It’s a shame, I was actually thinking of doing your interview together and tag teaming you two. Might have been interesting.

Friends:

Rilliana - Sister! As you know, Aesrira believed in signs and portents. When Amaranthe gave me the chance to participate in your empowerment, Aesrira took it as the hand of the goddess guiding her. From that point onward she felt a bond to you that was not going to be broken, even if you do have a little dwarf stink on you now! Its kind of odd because we really were two very different characters, but united by the Coven. It was also kind of nice having someone who would call me crazy! You’re definitely another character that would have made it into my role. I was looking forward to many more hours of nibbling. I can't believe you were willing to stand out in the woods with us during a raid defense. It was clear everyone was going to make you a target. We probably should have handled that better but I never did like big group fights. All the spam just made my eyes water! Still it showed a lot of spirit from you which as a player I admired.

Joselito - Ah! You have got a respect a uncaballed willing to take a flag and fight the spire. You were a lot of fun to travel with. It’s been a while since I saw you, but I always liked finding another ally. They are few and far between.

Sindara - Sparrow! Another uncaballed bard willing to bite the spire stone! It’s a shame you didn't decide to become a outlander, I would have liked having you in the cabal.

Llyria - I'm glad we got a chance to speak before the end. As a player, I liked your idea and hope you keep working at it. Even if it doesn't go anywhere it’s a good vehicle for interacting.

Gerylanst - Despite the in-game banter, as a player I thought you were quite skilled. I thoroughly enjoyed all our fights, well except that one, but that was for principle. Keep on pecking.

Varun - I really enjoyed pecking with you, both fighting and speaking. It's a shame Aesrira didn't have more reason to bite, I would have liked to fight more.

Alidliril - As a wood-elf in battle you naturally drew Aesrira's eye. I was looking forward to more pecking on you.

Enemies:

Melacarfina - There was definitely a sense of betrayal Aesrira felt towards you. As a player I'm not sure if it was real or imagined. To be honest I'm too tired to do the search through all the logs. If it was it was long ago, but that was one source of her dislike for you. The other was that she felt you lacked the spirit to protect your "scaly bone" as she would say. This is almost certainly a one sided view since I'm pretty sure you did much more defending when Aesrira was younger. However, from Aesrira's perspective you were not coming and that’s all she could see. Later you certainly turned that around, especially that last fight. Took me completely by surprise. Very nice. As far as that offer to duel for the scales, as a player I wish I could have accepted, I really do, but Aesrira did not believe in them.

Onirakoth - Definitely a force multiplier. Though I do wish you would have done more than just smirk at me. Although, I can't say I did much to interact with you either. To Aesrira you were just that healer dog!

Asfas - Another force multiplier.

Tirnath - Fun to peck on your own, could be deadly with that healer, as you showed in Galadon. Very nice.

Noelani - A brave fighter. In a age where most tribs wont come to the tree without a herd if they think even one outlander is there, you did. Lots a fun. I'm glad I got to kill you once or twice. In case your curious, when I was fighting Mela and you near the refuge defense, it was your poison that finally got me.

Fal - Another Good fighter too. I enjoyed pecking with you. You tried a lot of clever things and weren't afraid to put your body on the line. It would have been a pleasure to die to you.

Akscereh - Creepy. I wish we could have sat down and nibbled the bone a bit as Aesrira would say, but between interviewing, doing at least some pking, and raiding, retrieving, defending, there just wasn't enough time.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Aesrira Tiril'Taureba, Harbinger ... [View all] , Aesrira (Guest), Mon 14-Mar-05 03:18 PM
Reply PBF, Martoonie, 20-Mar-05 06:01 AM, #59
Reply Thanks!, Aesrira, 29-Mar-05 09:22 AM, #62
Reply You and your damn Raven!, Uoukueal (Guest), 17-Mar-05 07:41 PM, #56
Reply Peck!, Aesrira, 18-Mar-05 05:04 AM, #57
Reply That stinks..., Tytin (Guest), 15-Mar-05 11:31 AM, #31
Reply RE: That stinks..., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 04:16 PM, #40
Reply My Goodbyes, Aesrira (Guest), 14-Mar-05 03:22 PM #1
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Parantl (Guest), 14-Mar-05 04:06 PM, #2
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 08:18 AM, #25
     Reply Don't want you to think I don't care., Reggie (Guest), 14-Mar-05 04:18 PM, #3
     Reply When your right, your right., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 07:56 AM, #22
     Reply Well done., Lyristeon, 14-Mar-05 04:36 PM, #4
     Reply I'll be back!, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 08:45 AM, #27
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Brulgbabauth (Guest), 14-Mar-05 04:43 PM, #5
     Reply I'm going to miss getting the chance to pull your tail., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 08:29 AM, #26
     Reply This sucks :(, Atohner (Guest), 14-Mar-05 04:49 PM, #6
     Reply RE: This sucks :(, Viviarong (Guest), 15-Mar-05 08:13 AM, #24
          Reply Well you beat me to the punch, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 08:51 AM, #28
     Reply Now I can start playing outlanders again, TheRogue (Guest), 14-Mar-05 05:01 PM, #7
     Reply I wasn't there, incognito, 14-Mar-05 06:08 PM, #8
     Reply Hrm, The Rogue (Guest), 14-Mar-05 06:26 PM, #9
          Reply I had a feeling this was you., Lyristeon, 15-Mar-05 05:11 PM, #41
               Reply Thanks, TheRogue (Guest), 17-Mar-05 06:57 AM, #55
     Reply RE: Now I can start playing outlanders again, Valguarnera, 14-Mar-05 08:29 PM, #12
          Reply Well, Rogue, 14-Mar-05 09:27 PM, #15
          Reply Leadership in real life is different from cf, Daurwyn (Guest), 14-Mar-05 09:37 PM, #16
          Reply LOL I totally disagree with your post, sir nt, The Rogue (Guest), 14-Mar-05 09:38 PM, #17
               Reply maybe I've just been lucky in real life, incognito, 15-Mar-05 08:10 AM, #23
          Reply Well... indeed, Narissa, 14-Mar-05 10:08 PM, #19
          Reply Well here is a response, I hope you take it to heart., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 02:11 PM, #37
          Reply Thanks for the unexpected compliment., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 10:23 AM, #29
     Reply Mother Elder, Carijisdun (Guest), 14-Mar-05 07:13 PM, #10
     Reply Ah! Cari Girl!, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 11:20 AM, #30
          Reply A last request..., Carijisdun (Guest), 15-Mar-05 11:53 PM, #44
               Reply Email, Aesrira (Guest), 16-Mar-05 10:25 AM, #46
     Reply Burn treehouse burn!, Onirakoth, 14-Mar-05 07:33 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Burn treehouse burn!, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 11:51 AM, #32
     Reply Well done, Aerik (Guest), 14-Mar-05 08:33 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Well done, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 01:22 PM, #34
     Reply Bloody hell, now when I worked myself up over the plan ..., Viviarong (Guest), 14-Mar-05 08:39 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Bloody hell, now when I worked myself up over the p..., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 01:36 PM, #35
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Grurk Muouk, 14-Mar-05 10:00 PM, #18
     Reply Goodbye, Sister., Martoonie, 14-Mar-05 11:17 PM, #20
     Reply Well smack my tail! I knew I was going to forget people..., Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 01:57 PM, #36
     Reply Awesome character, Drahke (Guest), 15-Mar-05 03:32 AM, #21
     Reply RE: Awesome character, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 05:12 PM, #42
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Innis, 15-Mar-05 12:36 PM, #33
     Reply She could be a confusing girl!, Aesrira (Guest), 15-Mar-05 02:41 PM, #38
     Reply That's too bad..., Melacarfina (Guest), 15-Mar-05 03:01 PM, #39
     Reply Ah, the Trib I loved to hate!, Aesrira (Guest), 16-Mar-05 11:04 AM, #47
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Amaranthe, 15-Mar-05 07:58 PM, #43
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Aesrira (Guest), 16-Mar-05 05:06 PM, #52
     Reply Old people do get forgetful., Thays. (Guest), 16-Mar-05 01:41 AM, #45
     Reply Well just smack this old girl!, Aesrira (Guest), 16-Mar-05 11:19 AM, #48
          Reply There is something fascinating in that roll of dice., DurNominator, 16-Mar-05 12:59 PM, #50
               Reply I think they were nice forms for the job, Daurwyn (Guest), 16-Mar-05 01:34 PM, #51
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Noelani (Guest), 16-Mar-05 12:11 PM, #49
     Reply RE: My Goodbyes, Aesrira (Guest), 16-Mar-05 05:36 PM, #53
     Reply pfft not even a sentance saying you hated me?, Tolchec (Guest), 17-Mar-05 05:00 AM, #54
     Reply RE: pfft not even a sentance saying you hated me?, Aesrira, 18-Mar-05 07:46 AM, #58
          Reply RE: pfft not even a sentance saying you hated me?, Tolchec (Guest), 23-Mar-05 03:50 AM, #61
     Reply You'll be missed, Kallor (Guest), 20-Mar-05 11:44 AM, #60
          Reply RE: You'll be missed, Aesrira, 29-Mar-05 09:54 AM, #63
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #35933 Previous topic | Next topic