Subject: "I lied, I'm not tuckered..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #833
Show all folders

TacWed 13-Dec-06 04:13 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#835, "I lied, I'm not tuckered..."
Edited on Wed 13-Dec-06 04:16 PM

"ACCULTURATION AND ASSIMILATION

In many respects, the Germans were slower to assimilate than their fellow immigrants from other countries. This was due in part to their size and in part to their overall percentage of the population. When a cross-section of basic needs can be supplied within an ethnic community, the need to assimilate in order to survive is less urgent. Germans had their own professionals, businesses, clergy, churches, and especially schools. However, second generation German immigrants were drawn more quickly into the mainstream and the survival of German communities depended upon immigration."

from http://www.everyculture.com/multi/Du-Ha/German-Americans.html

I found this on Germans. Partly because they had a very large immigration from 1840-1880 and partly because I am of German decent. Feel free to find you own examples...

Here's another http://www.theseverts.net/German.htm

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCurious re: Faringo [View all] , Tac, Wed 13-Dec-06 03:42 PM
Reply RE: Curious re: Faringo, Farigno, 15-Dec-06 01:51 AM, #4
Reply I already answered my own question on that..., Tac, 15-Dec-06 09:44 AM, #5
Reply I did my own looking...., Tac, 13-Dec-06 03:58 PM, #1
     Reply I lied, I'm not tuckered..., Tac, 13-Dec-06 04:16 PM #2
          Reply Assimilation has sufficient incentive., Valguarnera, 13-Dec-06 04:45 PM, #3
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #833 Previous topic | Next topic