Subject: "RE: I'm done" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130933
Show all folders

IsildurMon 08-May-17 01:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130948, "RE: I'm done"
Edited on Mon 08-May-17 01:33 PM

Some random thought some stuff you posted:

>Yes, two of his fall was OOC-driven, but I tried to ignore that
>and keep going.

Are you sure? Unless the relevant parties told you, OOC, why they did what they did, it seems like you could be mistaking the situation. Occam's Razor is often correct, but not always.

>Vindicator-necromancer is a cool combo

Vindicator-anything seems like a cool combo because Vindicator powers are gross. Especially gross on some builds, and I'd probably include necromancer in that category. Getting slept by a necromancer is often a death sentence; that's even more true for a Vindicator necromancer. And not just a death sentence, but a death + loot sentence.

>...and made him helpless against flee-autoreengage-rinse-repeat abuse.

For what it's worth, it's probably not accurate to call something "abuse" when a character is just using a skill as it was intended to be used. In this case, eyes of flame.

>...they believe they won by full looting me, but actually they did
>me a favor...

Forgive my saying so, but this reeks of "sour grapes". If you wanted to delete and quit CF forever you could have just...deleted and quit CF forever. You're trying to posthumously claim a victory. "Sure, you killed me and prompted me to rage delete, but really I'm still the winner because you helped me quit the game."

>...it's boring and pointless to play against boosted marans.

You probably know this already, but its rare for Maran powers to be complained about as OP. Usually it's the reverse. Personally I think they're just about right. In particular, in the past when I've tried to use eyes of flame to avoid getting slept the necro was able to blind me pretty easily. Maybe Aulathar was geared for saves? Or took edges to make blind less likely to land?

>Aulauthar - I was sure that you are Beront after all your
>insults, trash talk and attempts to screw me.

Having interacted with Aulathar and with Beront's past characters, I'm surprised you made that connection. Not because of anything having to do with play style. More the use of language, capitalization, etc. Beront is fluent in English, but you can usually tell he's not a native speaker. This might be harder for someone who also isn't a native speaker.

>No idea why are you still a maran - your character is the evilest
>character I've met in the game...

I'd be interested to know why you think this. Possibly not the right place to do that, since Aulathar is still active and it could devolve into character assassination. So tread carefully if you choose to respond. I suspect that your and the staff's working definitions of "evil" may differ.

>I'll dedicate this time to my work and
>upcoming worldwide launch of my next project, to my family, to
>my health and a lot of other things that I was sacrificing for
>the sake of CF.

If you were sacrificing your health for the sake of CF then I agree it's time to step back.

>For example, I understood
>it and always tried to comfort those I've killed, while you do
>the exactly opposite. Well done.

I'm generally a pretty sportsmanlike kind of guy, but I disagree that's necessary to "comfort" people you kill. Sort of. It's a matter of words vs. actions, with actions being the most important. If you kill someone, don't loot anything, but then talk IC smack to them, then I'm totally fine with that. If you kill someone and don't talk smack but loot stuff you can't use, then I'm less fine with that.

>And yes, your excuse "You just fullooted Odlo" won't be
>accepted, because he did the same exactly as you do - tried to
>screw the character and acted as a**, even after I have warned him.

Again, at the risk of character assassination, I'd be interested to know what Odlo did that you equate with "trying to screw the character". If you mean, "trying to trick you into violating Tribunal law" then that seems totally reasonable and not something that would merit a full loot in response.

>To the elder imms - thanks for not giving me lastname in
>about 400+ hours.

That's a whole lot of butt hurt over something that's 100% inconsequential with respect to game-play.

>Everyone now seems to be in different OOC groups, and they
>hate each other so much that it spoils everything

FWIW I'm all by myself. Since Forsaken quit playing, there's not a single person I talk to OOC. It's actually sort of irritating. I enjoy having someone to bounce ideas off of, share anecdotes with, etc. I grant that many other players seem to be clumped up in groups formed based on OOC connections. It doesn't affect my ability to enjoy the game except when they all join up together, in which case they all become impossible to PK.

>The second reason why I don't want to be a part of CF is a
>lack of any constructive dialogue with the staff. Those
>changes and nerfs are horrible, but I don't believe that it
>will be fixed ever.

From my perspective, the staff is willing to engage in constructive dialogue. They just disagree with most of the changes people are suggesting. It seems like you're confusing "unwillingness to implement my changes" with "lack of constructive dialogue".

That said, if I ever join staff I would be an advocate for taking different approach. Not that the staff should just do whatever the players want, but that it should seek to "err in favor of what the players want" in situations where there's not a compelling reason not to.

So, for example, if a majority of players felt that "throw + ground control + master of nage waza" was too powerful then I would consider a minor nerf even if I didn't personally feel it was neccessary so long as that change didn't mess up game-balance.

There's no guarantee the staff would adopt that stance, but it's what I would advocate for.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Neferefre the Mummy Lord, Anathema... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 08-May-17 07:40 AM
Reply Thanks for hanging out and sharing a few laughs., Kaidos Goldsmith (Anonymous), 12-May-17 11:41 PM, #44
Reply Damn you for deleting :(, wln, 14-May-17 03:20 AM, #45
Reply I'm done, wln, 08-May-17 10:07 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I'm done, Destuvius, 08-May-17 10:08 AM, #2
     Reply Maybe this player is a lost cause, but plenty of others..., Tac, 08-May-17 01:54 PM, #17
          Reply I'm disappointed at the complete lack of response here...., Tac, 11-May-17 08:34 AM, #42
               Reply There's a thin line, Kstatida, 11-May-17 03:28 PM, #43
     Reply 'c blind' (n/t), N b M, 08-May-17 11:05 AM, #3
     Reply Thx, cap., wln, 08-May-17 11:16 AM, #4
          Reply *puts on tinfoil hat*, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 11:35 AM, #6
          Reply I can nip this in the bud, Scarabaeus, 10-May-17 08:48 AM, #32
     Reply RE: I'm done, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 11:34 AM, #5
     Reply Not 1 or 2, wln, 08-May-17 11:42 AM, #7
          Reply What was changed about rescue?, laxman, 08-May-17 12:07 PM, #8
     Reply What was nerfed in rescue? nt, Saagkri, 08-May-17 12:15 PM, #9
     Reply Rescue lag, wln, 08-May-17 12:44 PM, #10
          Reply Assist lag I think is your real killer... , Tac, 08-May-17 12:48 PM, #11
     Reply RE: I'm done, Isildur, 08-May-17 01:33 PM #12
     Reply OOC groups, wln, 08-May-17 02:13 PM, #21
     Reply RE: I'm done, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 02:22 PM, #22
     Reply Man, you had my number, Oxias D (Anonymous), 08-May-17 01:32 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Man, you had my number, Isildur, 08-May-17 01:34 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Man, you had my number, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 01:41 PM, #15
          Reply Hey man. Can you try not ####ting on everything/everyo..., Tac, 08-May-17 01:53 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Hey man. Can you try not ####ting on everything/ev..., Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 01:58 PM, #18
          Reply No, wln, 08-May-17 02:08 PM, #20
          Reply Personally...I like people who kill me with style., TMNS, 08-May-17 06:59 PM, #26
     Reply RE: Man, you had my number, wln, 08-May-17 02:05 PM, #19
     Reply Farewell on a great character and GLWYN, Aulauthar (Anonymous), 08-May-17 02:33 PM, #23
     Reply Damn., Aynri (Anonymous), 08-May-17 06:17 PM, #24
     Reply Good ole Mmumma., TMNS, 08-May-17 06:51 PM, #25
     Reply RE: I'm done, Oliveer (Anonymous), 09-May-17 08:23 AM, #27
     Reply RE: I'm done, Ishuli, 09-May-17 08:49 AM, #28
     Reply RE: I'm done, Ishuli, 09-May-17 08:50 AM, #29
     Reply Thank you and Saxonjas too!, wln, 09-May-17 01:16 PM, #31
     Reply RE: I'm done, Xythrin (Anonymous), 09-May-17 01:05 PM, #30
     Reply Dunno, dude, Kstatida, 10-May-17 09:26 AM, #33
     Reply RE: Dunno, dude, wln, 10-May-17 03:11 PM, #34
          Reply RE: Dunno, dude, Kstatida, 10-May-17 03:35 PM, #35
          Reply fighting maran as an AP/Necro, Quixotic, 10-May-17 05:54 PM, #36
               Reply RE: fighting maran as an AP/Necro, Isildur, 10-May-17 06:43 PM, #38
                    Reply She punked me in the desert, on the open roads, anywher..., Quixotic, 10-May-17 07:37 PM, #39
                         Reply RE: She punked me in the desert, on the open roads, any..., Isildur, 10-May-17 08:58 PM, #40
          Reply RE: Dunno, dude, Isildur, 10-May-17 06:17 PM, #37
               Reply I could, wln, 11-May-17 05:34 AM, #41
     Reply Necro posting a bit, but..., Tac, 02-Jun-17 07:26 PM, #46
     Reply The things who complain about you did to my comeback sh..., Abernyte, 10-Jun-17 07:43 AM, #47
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130933 Previous topic | Next topic