Subject: "I'm done" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130933
Show all folders

wlnMon 08-May-17 09:21 AM
Member since 11th Jun 2016
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130935, "I'm done"
Edited on Mon 08-May-17 10:07 AM

Game over, now for the last time.

Neferefre had a very interesting fate, full of series of falls and raises. Each new "fall" brought Neferefre to something greater. Yes, two of his fall was OOC-driven, but I tried to ignore that and keep going. First demote, then promote, then anathema for a crime (that I really DID commit, but only because I would be anathemized at the same evening). Became anathema for a crime... to find me in Tribunal. Wow, what a turn! I never thought of such possibility. Thanks to Ishuli, who caught me up after those events happened.

I have never played a Tribunal before, so it was an interesting experience. There, I've got promoted and demoted, and even kicked out from the cabal (same OOC story again) to get reinducted 10 minutes later. Then, Shaysomething has gone to the Palace and suicided there, giving his equipment (that I didn't even need) to Imperials. Why? "Because I don't like you", he said and deleted. Wow. He wanted to screw me - but instead, he made me a favor, I've become Vindicator myself.

Vindicator-necromancer is a cool combo, BUT not if your enemies know what they are doing. The main issue is the recent changes to the rescue by pets. This idiotic change has rendered my character unable to fight Aulauthar and made him helpless against flee-autoreengage-rinse-repeat abuse. I wrote about it earlier and got a usual reply kinda "f*ck off you fool, we know better". Now I can confirm: this change ruins the class. And no, you know nothing of the game balance (but I'll talk about it below). Who cares, though? Players can't be right in this game. Especially me.

So, Vindicator necromancer vs abusing poor game mechanics maran can't stop the abuse due to the Tribunal policy. It's really sad that, despite all those attacks and that he took scales so many times, we didn't declare. Thus, I wasn't allowed to hold the orb while there were no criminals about. As a result, I couldn't stop phoenix eyes abusement and had no way to counter it. When I figured that it's not going to happen, I decided to let it go and fight for the last time. I knew that Neferefre will likely die, and (thank god) he died. He could escape by using an orb of travel, but I decided not to use it.

His death to Aulauthar and Oliveer followed with a predictable full loot. So, they believe they won by full looting me, but actually they did me a favor - finally, I can delete and leave CF, now forever.

Leaving forever is not an empty word, but I'll speak about my reasons later. Let's talk about good things some more!

♥ Ishuli ♥. If not you, I would leave a long, long ago. You made the game interesting and worth playing, worth writing, worth developing. Not for the sake of rewards, but because it was fun. Though I won't see results of my work, I think it will help someone.

As I said earlier, I never did play tribunal before. I sure did a lot of controversial things. It was an interesting experience, something absolutely new for what I am grateful. But I can't play that combo, even as a Vindicator, I can't play so passively, unable to raid - it's boring and pointless to play against boosted marans. So! Thank you for your patience! You just smacked me with that book (hard), instead of removing from the Spire (though I disagree with you here, gathering protection vs criminal IS a tribunal, not a personal business . Thank you for all your time, those wonderful talks, and everything else. Sorry that I sucked as a Vindicator, too, and sorry that I couldn't write more books for your library. I began to write my next work, ABS+protections and how do they work exactly, but it doesn't matter now. Perhaps someone else will do it, or not. Really sad that I have to leave you, but I'm sure that someone will come to my place, and will be a better follower than myself!

There were also players who I have enjoyed to interact, thank you all. Most of the enemies were adequate and it was a pleasure to talk to you, no matter if you got me or I've got you.

Special mention for Oxias - you are an example of an elite player. Strong, brave, dangerous - and respectful and polite. We had good talks, good fights and when I've interacted with other characters, I was using you as an example of how to do it right. Good luck!

Now, to the bitter part of my farewells.

Aulauthar - I was sure that you are Beront after all your insults, trash talk and attempts to screw me. But then I've seen a log (though I suspect it could be made up). Anyways, you and Beront are the most hateful players I ever encountered in games. You and he are the reason why I'm leaving CF - go on and celebrate your victory, kiss each other maybe, or marry, I don't know. But I don't want to be part of... that. No idea why are you still a maran - your character is the evilest character I've met in the game with Neferefre, and your persona is bleeding so much through the character. But I'm also sure no one cares about it and you'll get your rewards for your 'win'. I even made a trigger {Aulauthar tells you} {#gag}, but it was too late. You, same as Beront, can't separate characters from players, and your war in a virtual world is a war against players in real life. I pity you and him, for you both don't even realize what happens to you. You think you won by full looting me - but I have to disappoint you: it was I who allowed you to do so. CF became something so ugly, so full of hate, OOC coups, and betrayal (thanks, Shapa) that I didn't want to stay anymore. So you, Oliveer and Beront made me a favor - I'll dedicate this time to my work and upcoming worldwide launch of my next project, to my family, to my health and a lot of other things that I was sacrificing for the sake of CF. At the same time, you don't even understand that such behavior is shooting into your own feet, because veterans like myself are priceless for CF, and losing one is a big loss to the waning playerbase. For example, I understood it and always tried to comfort those I've killed, while you do the exactly opposite. Well done.

And yes, your excuse "You just fullooted Odlo" won't be accepted, because he did the same exactly as you do - tried to screw the character and acted as a**, even after I have warned him. BTW, he was the second character in the life of Neferefre who got fullooted, first was funnyone's AP for his ####talk spam and hate.

To the elder imms - thanks for not giving me lastname in about 400+ hours. I've been watching how other characters get their lastnames at level 20 with 5 hours or playtime. Okay, my RP sucks and obviously I'm not good enough for CF. And it has nothing to do with favoritism or, rather, unfavoritism. Your system with immrewards works just fine. And don't try to reply: "We planned to ____, but you have deleted", I don't eat those stories for a long while.

Now Destuvius. You have challenged me to play before comment. And I tried. I sacrificed more than FOUR f*kng HUNDRED hours of my life. I have the full right to criticize you and your 'work' in CF. And I rightfully claim that changes that you and Umiron did sucks absolutely. Everything you write on gameplay forum is a total amateur's nonsense. Your primitive tactics "You are stubborn, try to listen others" should be applied to yourself in the first place. IMHO: you and Umiron, and your changes, are the worst thing that ever happened to CF. Thank god that, unlike him, you don't even code.

So.

Earlier I've been saying "I'll be back someday later". Never before I have said, "I'm out forever". But this time is different. Not because current CF got the lowest numbers ever. Not even because modern CF is a castrated version of the previously great game. Not even because I've got full looted. I'm out because of the OOC hate that fills CF nowadays. Everyone now seems to be in different OOC groups, and they hate each other so much that it spoils everything (hello, demotions and anathema revenge for the events from 2015). I'm playing alone without any permas (frankly, I tried to contact few other players from the past. but it didn't work - they were playing opposite cabals). While I was alone for 90% of my time, I fought groups of enemies, often obviously OOC coordinated. Maybe because of that, I've got a feeling that I am standing against everyone + staff. An ugly feeling that is very, very far from the very concept of the "game", or "fair game" that I am adept of. As a person, I have no interest to fight against other players. I came to play the game, but CF is not a game anymore. It's a competition of who will screw whom the worst way. I believe that it could be easily fixed by the staff, but the staff (except for Ishuli) have the same problem - they are "playing" against other players, they forgot what their responsibilities are, and unable to separate characters from the players behind them. It's sad.

The second reason why I don't want to be a part of CF is a lack of any constructive dialogue with the staff. Those changes and nerfs are horrible, but I don't believe that it will be fixed ever. I've got an impression that staff took a position "listen to players that you don't like and do exactly opposite". Since I'm a serial necromancers player (I just love that class), and it got absolutely destroyed by the rescue nerf, it's pointless to continue playing.

So, no more OOC Fields for me. Or no more Fields of Hate, or Fields of Ego Satisfaction. Games are designed to provide fun, but modern CF provides only the negative experience. I'm very disappointed with most of the staff and community. Soon it will be a game for a players who are already sitting in the same skype chat, and imms who enforce such situation in the game. No thanks, I don't want to be part of that poor show. So bye-bye.

Confutzy (1998), Masamuro (1998), Quixanto (1999), Lazmoul (2000), Yizenxlach (2001), Nkhirath (2002), Yanine (2004), Ixzwerlin (2005), Mmumma (2006), Niazuruzain (2006), Carnivius (2009), Ssasslao (2010), Sagraa (2011), Tzaritzawah (2013), Abradabra (2015), Neferefre (2017), and about hundred of others who I don't even remember.

FIN.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Neferefre the Mummy Lord, Anathema... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 08-May-17 07:40 AM
Reply Thanks for hanging out and sharing a few laughs., Kaidos Goldsmith (Anonymous), 12-May-17 11:41 PM, #44
Reply Damn you for deleting :(, wln, 14-May-17 03:20 AM, #45
Reply I'm done, wln, 08-May-17 10:07 AM #1
     Reply RE: I'm done, Destuvius, 08-May-17 10:08 AM, #2
     Reply Maybe this player is a lost cause, but plenty of others..., Tac, 08-May-17 01:54 PM, #17
          Reply I'm disappointed at the complete lack of response here...., Tac, 11-May-17 08:34 AM, #42
               Reply There's a thin line, Kstatida, 11-May-17 03:28 PM, #43
     Reply 'c blind' (n/t), N b M, 08-May-17 11:05 AM, #3
     Reply Thx, cap., wln, 08-May-17 11:16 AM, #4
          Reply *puts on tinfoil hat*, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 11:35 AM, #6
          Reply I can nip this in the bud, Scarabaeus, 10-May-17 08:48 AM, #32
     Reply RE: I'm done, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 11:34 AM, #5
     Reply Not 1 or 2, wln, 08-May-17 11:42 AM, #7
          Reply What was changed about rescue?, laxman, 08-May-17 12:07 PM, #8
     Reply What was nerfed in rescue? nt, Saagkri, 08-May-17 12:15 PM, #9
     Reply Rescue lag, wln, 08-May-17 12:44 PM, #10
          Reply Assist lag I think is your real killer... , Tac, 08-May-17 12:48 PM, #11
     Reply RE: I'm done, Isildur, 08-May-17 01:33 PM, #12
     Reply OOC groups, wln, 08-May-17 02:13 PM, #21
     Reply RE: I'm done, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 02:22 PM, #22
     Reply Man, you had my number, Oxias D (Anonymous), 08-May-17 01:32 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Man, you had my number, Isildur, 08-May-17 01:34 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Man, you had my number, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 01:41 PM, #15
          Reply Hey man. Can you try not ####ting on everything/everyo..., Tac, 08-May-17 01:53 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Hey man. Can you try not ####ting on everything/ev..., Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 01:58 PM, #18
          Reply No, wln, 08-May-17 02:08 PM, #20
          Reply Personally...I like people who kill me with style., TMNS, 08-May-17 06:59 PM, #26
     Reply RE: Man, you had my number, wln, 08-May-17 02:05 PM, #19
     Reply Farewell on a great character and GLWYN, Aulauthar (Anonymous), 08-May-17 02:33 PM, #23
     Reply Damn., Aynri (Anonymous), 08-May-17 06:17 PM, #24
     Reply Good ole Mmumma., TMNS, 08-May-17 06:51 PM, #25
     Reply RE: I'm done, Oliveer (Anonymous), 09-May-17 08:23 AM, #27
     Reply RE: I'm done, Ishuli, 09-May-17 08:49 AM, #28
     Reply RE: I'm done, Ishuli, 09-May-17 08:50 AM, #29
     Reply Thank you and Saxonjas too!, wln, 09-May-17 01:16 PM, #31
     Reply RE: I'm done, Xythrin (Anonymous), 09-May-17 01:05 PM, #30
     Reply Dunno, dude, Kstatida, 10-May-17 09:26 AM, #33
     Reply RE: Dunno, dude, wln, 10-May-17 03:11 PM, #34
          Reply RE: Dunno, dude, Kstatida, 10-May-17 03:35 PM, #35
          Reply fighting maran as an AP/Necro, Quixotic, 10-May-17 05:54 PM, #36
               Reply RE: fighting maran as an AP/Necro, Isildur, 10-May-17 06:43 PM, #38
                    Reply She punked me in the desert, on the open roads, anywher..., Quixotic, 10-May-17 07:37 PM, #39
                         Reply RE: She punked me in the desert, on the open roads, any..., Isildur, 10-May-17 08:58 PM, #40
          Reply RE: Dunno, dude, Isildur, 10-May-17 06:17 PM, #37
               Reply I could, wln, 11-May-17 05:34 AM, #41
     Reply Necro posting a bit, but..., Tac, 02-Jun-17 07:26 PM, #46
     Reply The things who complain about you did to my comeback sh..., Abernyte, 10-Jun-17 07:43 AM, #47
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130933 Previous topic | Next topic