Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Neferefre the Mummy Lord, Anathema..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130933
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 08-May-17 07:40 AM
Member since 13th May 2024
16845 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130933, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Neferefre the Mummy Lord, Anathema to the Empire, Vindicator of the Blood Tribunal"

Sat May 6 06:03:34 2017

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Neferefre perished, never to return.

Race:mummy
Class:necromancer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:415

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thanks for hanging out and sharing a few laughs., Kaidos Goldsmith (Anonymous), 12-May-17 11:41 PM, #44
Reply Damn you for deleting :(, wln, 14-May-17 03:20 AM, #45
Reply I'm done, wln, 08-May-17 10:07 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I'm done, Destuvius, 08-May-17 10:08 AM, #2
     Reply Maybe this player is a lost cause, but plenty of others..., Tac, 08-May-17 01:54 PM, #17
          Reply I'm disappointed at the complete lack of response here...., Tac, 11-May-17 08:34 AM, #42
               Reply There's a thin line, Kstatida, 11-May-17 03:28 PM, #43
     Reply 'c blind' (n/t), N b M, 08-May-17 11:05 AM, #3
     Reply Thx, cap., wln, 08-May-17 11:16 AM, #4
          Reply *puts on tinfoil hat*, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 11:35 AM, #6
          Reply I can nip this in the bud, Scarabaeus, 10-May-17 08:48 AM, #32
     Reply RE: I'm done, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 11:34 AM, #5
     Reply Not 1 or 2, wln, 08-May-17 11:42 AM, #7
          Reply What was changed about rescue?, laxman, 08-May-17 12:07 PM, #8
     Reply What was nerfed in rescue? nt, Saagkri, 08-May-17 12:15 PM, #9
     Reply Rescue lag, wln, 08-May-17 12:44 PM, #10
          Reply Assist lag I think is your real killer... , Tac, 08-May-17 12:48 PM, #11
     Reply RE: I'm done, Isildur, 08-May-17 01:33 PM, #12
     Reply OOC groups, wln, 08-May-17 02:13 PM, #21
     Reply RE: I'm done, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 02:22 PM, #22
     Reply Man, you had my number, Oxias D (Anonymous), 08-May-17 01:32 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Man, you had my number, Isildur, 08-May-17 01:34 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Man, you had my number, Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 01:41 PM, #15
          Reply Hey man. Can you try not ####ting on everything/everyo..., Tac, 08-May-17 01:53 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Hey man. Can you try not ####ting on everything/ev..., Jhyrbian, 08-May-17 01:58 PM, #18
          Reply No, wln, 08-May-17 02:08 PM, #20
          Reply Personally...I like people who kill me with style., TMNS, 08-May-17 06:59 PM, #26
     Reply RE: Man, you had my number, wln, 08-May-17 02:05 PM, #19
     Reply Farewell on a great character and GLWYN, Aulauthar (Anonymous), 08-May-17 02:33 PM, #23
     Reply Damn., Aynri (Anonymous), 08-May-17 06:17 PM, #24
     Reply Good ole Mmumma., TMNS, 08-May-17 06:51 PM, #25
     Reply RE: I'm done, Oliveer (Anonymous), 09-May-17 08:23 AM, #27
     Reply RE: I'm done, Ishuli, 09-May-17 08:49 AM, #28
     Reply RE: I'm done, Ishuli, 09-May-17 08:50 AM, #29
     Reply Thank you and Saxonjas too!, wln, 09-May-17 01:16 PM, #31
     Reply RE: I'm done, Xythrin (Anonymous), 09-May-17 01:05 PM, #30
     Reply Dunno, dude, Kstatida, 10-May-17 09:26 AM, #33
     Reply RE: Dunno, dude, wln, 10-May-17 03:11 PM, #34
          Reply RE: Dunno, dude, Kstatida, 10-May-17 03:35 PM, #35
          Reply fighting maran as an AP/Necro, Quixotic, 10-May-17 05:54 PM, #36
               Reply RE: fighting maran as an AP/Necro, Isildur, 10-May-17 06:43 PM, #38
                    Reply She punked me in the desert, on the open roads, anywher..., Quixotic, 10-May-17 07:37 PM, #39
                         Reply RE: She punked me in the desert, on the open roads, any..., Isildur, 10-May-17 08:58 PM, #40
          Reply RE: Dunno, dude, Isildur, 10-May-17 06:17 PM, #37
               Reply I could, wln, 11-May-17 05:34 AM, #41
     Reply Necro posting a bit, but..., Tac, 02-Jun-17 07:26 PM, #46
     Reply The things who complain about you did to my comeback sh..., Abernyte, 10-Jun-17 07:43 AM, #47

Kaidos Goldsmith (Anonymous)Fri 12-May-17 11:41 PM
Charter member
#130999, "Thanks for hanging out and sharing a few laughs."
In response to Reply #0

Kaidos is still sincerely curious if they removed *all* your organs in the mummification process of if they let you keep the one you need when you visit Hamsah. Either way, it was fun and I hope I didn't get on your nerves too much.

wlnSun 14-May-17 03:20 AM
Member since 11th Jun 2016
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131010, "Damn you for deleting :("
In response to Reply #44

You were probably the only one my ally ever. If you'd stay, probably I wouldn't delete. Thanks for laughs, very funny character. And yes, I had an abstraction spell, I could even eat, drink and get drunk when needed

wlnMon 08-May-17 09:21 AM
134 posts
#130935, "I'm done"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 08-May-17 10:07 AM

Game over, now for the last time.

Neferefre had a very interesting fate, full of series of falls and raises. Each new "fall" brought Neferefre to something greater. Yes, two of his fall was OOC-driven, but I tried to ignore that and keep going. First demote, then promote, then anathema for a crime (that I really DID commit, but only because I would be anathemized at the same evening). Became anathema for a crime... to find me in Tribunal. Wow, what a turn! I never thought of such possibility. Thanks to Ishuli, who caught me up after those events happened.

I have never played a Tribunal before, so it was an interesting experience. There, I've got promoted and demoted, and even kicked out from the cabal (same OOC story again) to get reinducted 10 minutes later. Then, Shaysomething has gone to the Palace and suicided there, giving his equipment (that I didn't even need) to Imperials. Why? "Because I don't like you", he said and deleted. Wow. He wanted to screw me - but instead, he made me a favor, I've become Vindicator myself.

Vindicator-necromancer is a cool combo, BUT not if your enemies know what they are doing. The main issue is the recent changes to the rescue by pets. This idiotic change has rendered my character unable to fight Aulauthar and made him helpless against flee-autoreengage-rinse-repeat abuse. I wrote about it earlier and got a usual reply kinda "f*ck off you fool, we know better". Now I can confirm: this change ruins the class. And no, you know nothing of the game balance (but I'll talk about it below). Who cares, though? Players can't be right in this game. Especially me.

So, Vindicator necromancer vs abusing poor game mechanics maran can't stop the abuse due to the Tribunal policy. It's really sad that, despite all those attacks and that he took scales so many times, we didn't declare. Thus, I wasn't allowed to hold the orb while there were no criminals about. As a result, I couldn't stop phoenix eyes abusement and had no way to counter it. When I figured that it's not going to happen, I decided to let it go and fight for the last time. I knew that Neferefre will likely die, and (thank god) he died. He could escape by using an orb of travel, but I decided not to use it.

His death to Aulauthar and Oliveer followed with a predictable full loot. So, they believe they won by full looting me, but actually they did me a favor - finally, I can delete and leave CF, now forever.

Leaving forever is not an empty word, but I'll speak about my reasons later. Let's talk about good things some more!

♥ Ishuli ♥. If not you, I would leave a long, long ago. You made the game interesting and worth playing, worth writing, worth developing. Not for the sake of rewards, but because it was fun. Though I won't see results of my work, I think it will help someone.

As I said earlier, I never did play tribunal before. I sure did a lot of controversial things. It was an interesting experience, something absolutely new for what I am grateful. But I can't play that combo, even as a Vindicator, I can't play so passively, unable to raid - it's boring and pointless to play against boosted marans. So! Thank you for your patience! You just smacked me with that book (hard), instead of removing from the Spire (though I disagree with you here, gathering protection vs criminal IS a tribunal, not a personal business . Thank you for all your time, those wonderful talks, and everything else. Sorry that I sucked as a Vindicator, too, and sorry that I couldn't write more books for your library. I began to write my next work, ABS+protections and how do they work exactly, but it doesn't matter now. Perhaps someone else will do it, or not. Really sad that I have to leave you, but I'm sure that someone will come to my place, and will be a better follower than myself!

There were also players who I have enjoyed to interact, thank you all. Most of the enemies were adequate and it was a pleasure to talk to you, no matter if you got me or I've got you.

Special mention for Oxias - you are an example of an elite player. Strong, brave, dangerous - and respectful and polite. We had good talks, good fights and when I've interacted with other characters, I was using you as an example of how to do it right. Good luck!

Now, to the bitter part of my farewells.

Aulauthar - I was sure that you are Beront after all your insults, trash talk and attempts to screw me. But then I've seen a log (though I suspect it could be made up). Anyways, you and Beront are the most hateful players I ever encountered in games. You and he are the reason why I'm leaving CF - go on and celebrate your victory, kiss each other maybe, or marry, I don't know. But I don't want to be part of... that. No idea why are you still a maran - your character is the evilest character I've met in the game with Neferefre, and your persona is bleeding so much through the character. But I'm also sure no one cares about it and you'll get your rewards for your 'win'. I even made a trigger {Aulauthar tells you} {#gag}, but it was too late. You, same as Beront, can't separate characters from players, and your war in a virtual world is a war against players in real life. I pity you and him, for you both don't even realize what happens to you. You think you won by full looting me - but I have to disappoint you: it was I who allowed you to do so. CF became something so ugly, so full of hate, OOC coups, and betrayal (thanks, Shapa) that I didn't want to stay anymore. So you, Oliveer and Beront made me a favor - I'll dedicate this time to my work and upcoming worldwide launch of my next project, to my family, to my health and a lot of other things that I was sacrificing for the sake of CF. At the same time, you don't even understand that such behavior is shooting into your own feet, because veterans like myself are priceless for CF, and losing one is a big loss to the waning playerbase. For example, I understood it and always tried to comfort those I've killed, while you do the exactly opposite. Well done.

And yes, your excuse "You just fullooted Odlo" won't be accepted, because he did the same exactly as you do - tried to screw the character and acted as a**, even after I have warned him. BTW, he was the second character in the life of Neferefre who got fullooted, first was funnyone's AP for his ####talk spam and hate.

To the elder imms - thanks for not giving me lastname in about 400+ hours. I've been watching how other characters get their lastnames at level 20 with 5 hours or playtime. Okay, my RP sucks and obviously I'm not good enough for CF. And it has nothing to do with favoritism or, rather, unfavoritism. Your system with immrewards works just fine. And don't try to reply: "We planned to ____, but you have deleted", I don't eat those stories for a long while.

Now Destuvius. You have challenged me to play before comment. And I tried. I sacrificed more than FOUR f*kng HUNDRED hours of my life. I have the full right to criticize you and your 'work' in CF. And I rightfully claim that changes that you and Umiron did sucks absolutely. Everything you write on gameplay forum is a total amateur's nonsense. Your primitive tactics "You are stubborn, try to listen others" should be applied to yourself in the first place. IMHO: you and Umiron, and your changes, are the worst thing that ever happened to CF. Thank god that, unlike him, you don't even code.

So.

Earlier I've been saying "I'll be back someday later". Never before I have said, "I'm out forever". But this time is different. Not because current CF got the lowest numbers ever. Not even because modern CF is a castrated version of the previously great game. Not even because I've got full looted. I'm out because of the OOC hate that fills CF nowadays. Everyone now seems to be in different OOC groups, and they hate each other so much that it spoils everything (hello, demotions and anathema revenge for the events from 2015). I'm playing alone without any permas (frankly, I tried to contact few other players from the past. but it didn't work - they were playing opposite cabals). While I was alone for 90% of my time, I fought groups of enemies, often obviously OOC coordinated. Maybe because of that, I've got a feeling that I am standing against everyone + staff. An ugly feeling that is very, very far from the very concept of the "game", or "fair game" that I am adept of. As a person, I have no interest to fight against other players. I came to play the game, but CF is not a game anymore. It's a competition of who will screw whom the worst way. I believe that it could be easily fixed by the staff, but the staff (except for Ishuli) have the same problem - they are "playing" against other players, they forgot what their responsibilities are, and unable to separate characters from the players behind them. It's sad.

The second reason why I don't want to be a part of CF is a lack of any constructive dialogue with the staff. Those changes and nerfs are horrible, but I don't believe that it will be fixed ever. I've got an impression that staff took a position "listen to players that you don't like and do exactly opposite". Since I'm a serial necromancers player (I just love that class), and it got absolutely destroyed by the rescue nerf, it's pointless to continue playing.

So, no more OOC Fields for me. Or no more Fields of Hate, or Fields of Ego Satisfaction. Games are designed to provide fun, but modern CF provides only the negative experience. I'm very disappointed with most of the staff and community. Soon it will be a game for a players who are already sitting in the same skype chat, and imms who enforce such situation in the game. No thanks, I don't want to be part of that poor show. So bye-bye.

Confutzy (1998), Masamuro (1998), Quixanto (1999), Lazmoul (2000), Yizenxlach (2001), Nkhirath (2002), Yanine (2004), Ixzwerlin (2005), Mmumma (2006), Niazuruzain (2006), Carnivius (2009), Ssasslao (2010), Sagraa (2011), Tzaritzawah (2013), Abradabra (2015), Neferefre (2017), and about hundred of others who I don't even remember.

FIN.

DestuviusMon 08-May-17 10:08 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#130936, "RE: I'm done"
In response to Reply #1

I'm proud of you for actually sinking the time in. You have always had the right to criticize my opinion, even without sinking the time into the game. The difference is now that your opinion actually holds some weight when you speak of changes/adjustments because its rooted in actual experiences not just perceptions.

I could go on further but like all attempted discussions with you, it would probably go nowhere. Good luck with your life if you are really going to be gone and hopefully you can find a hobby that you actually enjoy.

TacMon 08-May-17 01:54 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#130953, "Maybe this player is a lost cause, but plenty of others..."
In response to Reply #2

Perhaps you should join the conversation. There's been a few good ones lately on QHCF. I formally invite you to post. You are welcome there.

TacThu 11-May-17 08:34 AM
2050 posts
#130993, "I'm disappointed at the complete lack of response here...."
In response to Reply #17

It is possible you took this back to Imm discussion land, and it is being mulled over. It is possible it was shot down. It is possible you simply don't want to put in the effort to try to change decades old policy. It's even possible you took it back and the Staff are trying to figure out a way to do it without running afoul of the original issues. Maybe you've reached out to Gabe to get some help and he hasn't responded. All of those are possibilities.

However, with a complete lack of response, the easiest conclusion to draw is that the suggestion that I was trying to make* was dismissed out of hand and my attempt to reach out was met with complete dismissal.

* That perhaps communication between staff and players could be improved if staff didn't artificially limit themselves to only posting where they have complete control (I probably failed to communicate this properly)

I also realize this battlefield thread probably isn't exactly the right venue, but it seemed topical.

KstatidaThu 11-May-17 03:28 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130997, "There's a thin line"
In response to Reply #42

between engaging in forum conversations and being dragged in it. In fact forum battles can be something that turns people away from the game. It's not wise to push.

N b MMon 08-May-17 11:05 AM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#130938, "'c blind' (n/t)"
In response to Reply #1

wlnMon 08-May-17 11:16 AM
134 posts
#130939, "Thx, cap."
In response to Reply #3

Even normal characters can develop ways to become almost impossible to get blinded. With edge points castration, I had no way to get sightbinder edge, but even then I don't think it would work. I hve landed 0 (ZERO) blinds against that elf. And I'm not even going into conspiracy theories, though I'm inclined to suspect that his PF was tweaked somehow. But as I said, not this #### is the reason why I'm done, but general condition of the players and their behavior. Even if I'd kill him (I could do it eventually), it wouldn't change anything.

JhyrbianMon 08-May-17 11:35 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130941, "*puts on tinfoil hat*"
In response to Reply #4

Maybe it's Destuvius or Umiron out to get you! dun dundunn!!!!!

ScarabaeusWed 10-May-17 08:48 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#130977, "I can nip this in the bud"
In response to Reply #4

I'm the one staff member with pfile access. I don't know who "that elf" refers to, but I've only touched maybe three pfiles in the last year: once to generously (i.e., don't flood me with requests to do this) fix a botched lastname and twice to fix pfile corruptions because of a memory leak. Just don't even go there.

JhyrbianMon 08-May-17 11:34 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130940, "RE: I'm done"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see you go, it's a shame you let the actions of 1 or 2 people ruin it all for you. If you do come back, try not allowing people to full loot you, it's less aggravating to play afterwards.

wlnMon 08-May-17 11:42 AM
134 posts
#130942, "Not 1 or 2"
In response to Reply #5

Though I wrote about 1 or 2, it's a majority of the current playerbase. Those two are the winners, though.

laxmanMon 08-May-17 12:07 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#130943, "What was changed about rescue?"
In response to Reply #7

Nt

SaagkriMon 08-May-17 12:15 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#130945, "What was nerfed in rescue? nt"
In response to Reply #1

wlnMon 08-May-17 12:44 PM
134 posts
#130946, "Rescue lag"
In response to Reply #9

To the mobs and character too, which made rescue useless against flee-reengage tactic (no lag vs double lagged mob's owner). Zombies were nerfed to the level "no sleep, no kill" and necro became one trick pony on hero levels. So, either I could do most of my kills without zombies, or I wouldn't kill at all, no matter if I had zombies or not. It became impossible to rescue and do anything before attacker flee. Then he reengages and you are lagged again - and you can't do anything again.

TacMon 08-May-17 12:48 PM
2050 posts
#130947, "Assist lag I think is your real killer... "
In response to Reply #10

but with eyes of flame it's the same thing for you...

The initiate, you either try to insta-rescue before the first round where your zombies assist or they are lagged by assist and can't rescue, but even if you do rescue, you and the zombies are lagged so the opponent just flees and re-engages.

There are like... 3 changes working against you there. Lag for pets on rescue, lag for pets on assist, and the change to autoassist rounds that make them not the super scary double attack followed by regular round of days of old, but double attack + no attacks or whatever random thing happens now.

IsildurMon 08-May-17 01:25 PM
5969 posts
#130948, "RE: I'm done"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 08-May-17 01:33 PM

Some random thought some stuff you posted:

>Yes, two of his fall was OOC-driven, but I tried to ignore that
>and keep going.

Are you sure? Unless the relevant parties told you, OOC, why they did what they did, it seems like you could be mistaking the situation. Occam's Razor is often correct, but not always.

>Vindicator-necromancer is a cool combo

Vindicator-anything seems like a cool combo because Vindicator powers are gross. Especially gross on some builds, and I'd probably include necromancer in that category. Getting slept by a necromancer is often a death sentence; that's even more true for a Vindicator necromancer. And not just a death sentence, but a death + loot sentence.

>...and made him helpless against flee-autoreengage-rinse-repeat abuse.

For what it's worth, it's probably not accurate to call something "abuse" when a character is just using a skill as it was intended to be used. In this case, eyes of flame.

>...they believe they won by full looting me, but actually they did
>me a favor...

Forgive my saying so, but this reeks of "sour grapes". If you wanted to delete and quit CF forever you could have just...deleted and quit CF forever. You're trying to posthumously claim a victory. "Sure, you killed me and prompted me to rage delete, but really I'm still the winner because you helped me quit the game."

>...it's boring and pointless to play against boosted marans.

You probably know this already, but its rare for Maran powers to be complained about as OP. Usually it's the reverse. Personally I think they're just about right. In particular, in the past when I've tried to use eyes of flame to avoid getting slept the necro was able to blind me pretty easily. Maybe Aulathar was geared for saves? Or took edges to make blind less likely to land?

>Aulauthar - I was sure that you are Beront after all your
>insults, trash talk and attempts to screw me.

Having interacted with Aulathar and with Beront's past characters, I'm surprised you made that connection. Not because of anything having to do with play style. More the use of language, capitalization, etc. Beront is fluent in English, but you can usually tell he's not a native speaker. This might be harder for someone who also isn't a native speaker.

>No idea why are you still a maran - your character is the evilest
>character I've met in the game...

I'd be interested to know why you think this. Possibly not the right place to do that, since Aulathar is still active and it could devolve into character assassination. So tread carefully if you choose to respond. I suspect that your and the staff's working definitions of "evil" may differ.

>I'll dedicate this time to my work and
>upcoming worldwide launch of my next project, to my family, to
>my health and a lot of other things that I was sacrificing for
>the sake of CF.

If you were sacrificing your health for the sake of CF then I agree it's time to step back.

>For example, I understood
>it and always tried to comfort those I've killed, while you do
>the exactly opposite. Well done.

I'm generally a pretty sportsmanlike kind of guy, but I disagree that's necessary to "comfort" people you kill. Sort of. It's a matter of words vs. actions, with actions being the most important. If you kill someone, don't loot anything, but then talk IC smack to them, then I'm totally fine with that. If you kill someone and don't talk smack but loot stuff you can't use, then I'm less fine with that.

>And yes, your excuse "You just fullooted Odlo" won't be
>accepted, because he did the same exactly as you do - tried to
>screw the character and acted as a**, even after I have warned him.

Again, at the risk of character assassination, I'd be interested to know what Odlo did that you equate with "trying to screw the character". If you mean, "trying to trick you into violating Tribunal law" then that seems totally reasonable and not something that would merit a full loot in response.

>To the elder imms - thanks for not giving me lastname in
>about 400+ hours.

That's a whole lot of butt hurt over something that's 100% inconsequential with respect to game-play.

>Everyone now seems to be in different OOC groups, and they
>hate each other so much that it spoils everything

FWIW I'm all by myself. Since Forsaken quit playing, there's not a single person I talk to OOC. It's actually sort of irritating. I enjoy having someone to bounce ideas off of, share anecdotes with, etc. I grant that many other players seem to be clumped up in groups formed based on OOC connections. It doesn't affect my ability to enjoy the game except when they all join up together, in which case they all become impossible to PK.

>The second reason why I don't want to be a part of CF is a
>lack of any constructive dialogue with the staff. Those
>changes and nerfs are horrible, but I don't believe that it
>will be fixed ever.

From my perspective, the staff is willing to engage in constructive dialogue. They just disagree with most of the changes people are suggesting. It seems like you're confusing "unwillingness to implement my changes" with "lack of constructive dialogue".

That said, if I ever join staff I would be an advocate for taking different approach. Not that the staff should just do whatever the players want, but that it should seek to "err in favor of what the players want" in situations where there's not a compelling reason not to.

So, for example, if a majority of players felt that "throw + ground control + master of nage waza" was too powerful then I would consider a minor nerf even if I didn't personally feel it was neccessary so long as that change didn't mess up game-balance.

There's no guarantee the staff would adopt that stance, but it's what I would advocate for.

wlnMon 08-May-17 02:13 PM
134 posts
#130957, "OOC groups"
In response to Reply #12

It's not a speculation. I've got email about beront, I've got some other tells about him and his 'plan', but I can't post the whole story because post will be removed for character assassination. Same goes for other characters and their OOC behavior. And I think it will remain unknown, because I'm not interested in all this, and definitely won't come back to the forums when they are done just to post how bad they are. As I said, I have more interesting things to do in my life than those little quarrels (which are obviously so important to those players). Now it's their problem, not mine.

What is sad, CF is a game for those groups and loners like myself have a big penalty vs OOC coordinated groups. And this is x100 times worse for newbies who have no OOC connections like those ego-masturbating, poor people.

JhyrbianMon 08-May-17 02:22 PM
917 posts
#130958, "RE: I'm done"
In response to Reply #12

Feel free to join IRC anytime you want to chat some CF with me. You won't even be required to perma with me to do it.

Oxias D (Anonymous)Mon 08-May-17 01:32 PM
Charter member
#130949, "Man, you had my number"
In response to Reply #1

Thank you for the nice comment. I really enjoyed interacting with and fighting against Nef and I would return the compliments to you in the same manner.

You also pretty much owned my ass whenever we fought! I was hoping to get lucky one time but it wasn't to be. Maybe if I was a little more aggressive that time you found me north of Arkham but I was pretty beat up from retrieving the head against Polzar.

You might not have known it but at the time I had like 100 mvs and couldn't recover them due to wasting disease. I'm pretty sure I had a few other prayers still on me from Polzar which would explain my sitting where I was. I was hoping to buy time to get back into moving and fighting shape and along you came. The downside of that spot was I couldn't call blood there, either. Still a fun fight! Actually, I've always wanted to set up a fight there and so I got my chance but it just didn't work out.

I'm curious what devious plan you were setting up that time we skirmished by the oasis on eastern. I had to cut the fight short because I needed to log off but it sounded like you had something up your sleeve and you were disappointed you didn't get to use it on me. Let me know if you recall.

Anyways, great job. I get the moving on thing but it was fun while it lasted with Nef.

IsildurMon 08-May-17 01:34 PM
5969 posts
#130950, "RE: Man, you had my number"
In response to Reply #13

Would you say Neferefre "owned" Oxias approximately as badly as Aulathar "owned" Neferefre?

JhyrbianMon 08-May-17 01:41 PM
917 posts
#130951, "RE: Man, you had my number"
In response to Reply #14

It's probably why he liked Oxias... which unfortunately seems to be a prevalent attitude for players on CF.

TacMon 08-May-17 01:53 PM
2050 posts
#130952, "Hey man. Can you try not ####ting on everything/everyo..."
In response to Reply #15

Maybe try a constructive comment for a change?

To take this particular example: "Perhaps your experience with Oxias had a lot to do with mostly being successful against him as opposed to Aulwhatever which is understandably frustrating, but perhaps you could look at it from the other side?"

JhyrbianMon 08-May-17 01:58 PM
917 posts
#130954, "RE: Hey man. Can you try not ####ting on everything/ev..."
In response to Reply #16

Nah, not gonna feed the pity party.

wlnMon 08-May-17 02:08 PM
134 posts
#130956, "No"
In response to Reply #16

If Oxias would own me, he would never act like that elf. He never insulted, whined or send semi-OOC tells to target the player behind the character. There are plenty of players who I also respect for their balls - Thaeden for instance. I never killed him, he never got me, and he was a strong, elusive enemy, but he never descended to the level of said above semi-OOC insults. Actually, only few players did it - funnyone, beront, that elf and few more that I can't (and don't want) to recall. Perhaps you are among them, judging by your posts.

TMNSMon 08-May-17 06:59 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#130969, "Personally...I like people who kill me with style."
In response to Reply #15

Gaspare fit into that category...which is why I rolled a character to specifically interact with him.

I just don't like getting steam-rolled by dudes taking cheap/easy kills (something that always bothered me about Crafted) or dudes who talk absurd levels of OOC smack (we all know who I am talking about).

I feel bad for the people "I" steamroll, so I always try to be almost quasi-OOC nice to those people (as much as my RP will allow, at least).

wlnMon 08-May-17 02:05 PM
134 posts
#130955, "RE: Man, you had my number"
In response to Reply #13

I've been trying to rank up Kreptar in Basilica and accidentally saw you there (and I think Kreptar got a tell that you are coming our way). So just a bad luck, it would be better to go somewhere else (coral rift, or maybe even vortex - no one like to go there).

About oasis, I've summoned heavily patrollers, who I found may be summoned. I've spent about 50 hours, trying to summon different things and whoa! I found that they may be summoned. Note from the imm forbidding me to summon them was also disheartening. Heh, my experiments made at least three more NPC's no-summon. If I wouldn't delete, there are still more mobs that will attack on enter (not patrollers or scouts), who I'd use against you to prevent your escape.

Thanks for the fights again, and good luck.

Aulauthar (Anonymous)Mon 08-May-17 02:33 PM
Charter member
#130959, "Farewell on a great character and GLWYN"
In response to Reply #1

I really enjoyed all our interactions, banter and fighting. Having an arch nemesis is always fun even if I felt underpowered going into each and every fight with your massive army (which you excelled at creating).

It was also a very interesting dynamic that was brought to the table with the whole raiding component. Aulauthar believed the Spire with you in it was swinging far too much to the evil side and it was his duty to correct that. Being a fearless Maran compelled me into the actions that I took, so apologies if I came across as a "relentless hardass".

OOC I was inspired by Nateshal and saw an opening when he deleted to try and fill his boots. Unfortunately my play times have been limited of late.

Anyway enough of all that, well done on an interesting and exceptionally played character and I look forward to interacting with your next. GLYWN!

Aynri (Anonymous)Mon 08-May-17 06:17 PM
Charter member
#130965, "Damn."
In response to Reply #1

Really sorry to see this. I really enjoyed our interactions, and you were definitely a fun one to talk to. I do wish my time hadn't fallen off so much lately, you would have been fun to watch as Vindicator.

And that time in Galadon which generated all sorts of paperwork... heh. I was confused as hell about it at first, and then felt so, so bad if you were going to eat any repercussions for that kind of player-error/typo. Definitely made me rethink some of my aliases.

If it happens, GLWYN, whenever it may be.

TMNSMon 08-May-17 06:51 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#130968, "Good ole Mmumma."
In response to Reply #1

PS I think using Shadows would have helped you a lot re: Maran Eyes of Flame. I think I remember the shadow you summon preventing auto-attacks.

Obviously you can't always be in a graveyard, but yeah.

PPS I mean, eyes is probably the best Maran power, so yeah, it's pretty powerful.

Oliveer (Anonymous)Tue 09-May-17 08:23 AM
Charter member
#130970, "RE: I'm done"
In response to Reply #1

I don't hate you.
Actually didn't mind your character.

When I logged on that day some paladin sent me a tell that you just full looted his good align stuff. Now it's possible that he misinformed me or someone else took his gear, but usually paladin is trustworthy.

That's why I looted/sac'ed.
If you didn't loot said poor paladin, then sorry!

Oh and I can't remember his name right now.

Was Masamuro a master? sounds kind of familiar for that time period.

IshuliTue 09-May-17 08:49 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2180 posts
#130971, "RE: I'm done"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 09-May-17 08:49 AM

The forum is being weird and not letting me post my reply, so im trying to see if it at least works on my phone.

If i can get this dang thing to work....

Alas, my undead vindicator is gone!

You were a lot of fun. When I eventually bumped into you, it was entirely on whim, and I had no idea where things were going to go from there. I just saw an opportunity for an interesting plot line and went for it. You ended up being WAAAAAY more fun than I expected.

You jumped right into writing, and did a good job mixing in theory + practical stuff for your pieces, and I think they’ll definitely be a help to others. You really went all out in the writing, and I sincerely appreciated it – hence why I had no real criticisms of your submissions, aside from asking you questions to prod along angles that even I wasn’t sure about. As a follower you were a lot of fun. You were prone to, what I think is something very likely in Ish followers, the level of pride/ego that comes with aiming to be a self-described “master” of a given field. You really embodied that aspect, which I liked, since I had/have so many other followers who come across as much more charitable. Cocky, evil, and super confident in all of your decisions – it’s exactly how I’d imagine an undead follower to be, so I liked that.

As a Magistrate you were an absolute wild-card. You pushed the limits on a number of things, but I think those all fit pretty well with what/who you were playing. I also appreciated your willingness to create friction since I think without that, Trib becomes a REALLY boring place. The fact that you were so open to argument with other magistrates, and even sassy as hell to the provost sparked some internal cabal discussions that I know would not have happened otherwise. It was great having you around for that, since you really pushed along a lot of plot-lines – even ones you weren’t personally involved in.

Your sketchy warrant that tossed you back to Seantryn made a really fun character arc where your ACTUAL authority conflicted greatly with your self-proclaimed authority. Then you got into fights with Aelekai, which culminated in that scuffle near the Empire. All of that stuff was great to watch, since I think “imperfect” characters really add to making the atmosphere more realistic, even if they create friction for others.

One thing I was hoping the Provost would kinda bug you on was the summon-spam in the Spire. While in general it’s okay, you basically made it into a mass slaughter, not just doing it for zombies. Orsil and I ended up prodding you on it, but that was pretty fun as well.

So yeah, I liked your controversial approach, and Saxonjachs was INFINITELY patient with it (I expected you to be unindicted FOREVER ago, but I prefer to leave Trib primarily player-driven). You owe Saxonjachs a high-five for keeping you around, I say!

I did like when you argued with me about Vindicator stuff and more – I always welcome arguments since otherwise Trib just loses its charm. I also liked, though, that you still deferred to authority. Good orderly behavior, but boy did you push it sometimes. Soon as you get Vindicator, right after we talked about when cabal items are taken, you dive in? For shame! I understood your argument though.

Re: lastname. Your lastname was basically that same IRL pharaoh’s name, so I didn’t give it to you. That’s on me, not anybody else. Alas, I also lack the ability to reset/change your lastname, so I couldn’t do that for you. Sorry that was a turnoff. I had given you immxp before, and I sometimes give a lastname in lieu of that, but that wasn’t really possible as was. And if you saw other people get lastnames early on, that was probably me as well. So no need to blame others for it.

All in all, it was a wild ride and a lot of fun. Thanks for sticking it out with me!

-Ishuli

IshuliTue 09-May-17 08:50 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2180 posts
#130972, "RE: I'm done"
In response to Reply #28

Aha,got it to work. Had to email it to myself, make a post, then edit the actual long part into the post. What a trip.

wlnTue 09-May-17 01:16 PM
134 posts
#130974, "Thank you and Saxonjas too!"
In response to Reply #28

I know you couldn't change the lastname and I had no questions to you about it. But I knew it could be changed in 5 seconds by the staff, and since no one bothered to do it, it was something like yet one proof that I'm not needed in the game. Picking a real lastname was a stupid thing, but when I rolled Neferefre, I had no idea that this character would get so far. It was a comeback character after a year pause and, usually, I need to roll, foolishly die 3-5 times, then recall how to play and reroll. So it was a character that should have been deleted... but something went wrong

About diving in, I still believe it was fine. It was part of my plan to resist this abuse of a criminal, and should I success, or should it have been allowed, perhaps things would go differently. But I'm glad it went that way so I finally could delete.

Saxonjas - damn, how could I be so ungrteful. I could have been uninducted so many times because I did so many controversial things (most of them intently, but some were due to my lack of knowledge how to play a tribunal). But I think it's how an evil tribunal should have been played, so I went for many risky things, walking on the edge.

So, thanks to you both, you definitely was fun to interract and I'm glad that I made your virtual lives a bit more interesting and fun - I had 100% of fun during all those tribunal events and strifes. If not them, I'd delete earlier out of boredom (hello again, lack of epxloration EPs).

Good luck with everything in all the worlds.

Xythrin (Anonymous)Tue 09-May-17 01:05 PM
Charter member
#130973, "RE: I'm done"
In response to Reply #1

Thank you for showing me all the neat little stuff as a fellow necromancer. I was a poor example of a necromancer, wasn't nearly deadly enough, and it bummed me out.

You can't roleplay a badass if you can't even be a badass when it came to killing people. I think I got annoyed with the character when
I failed 5 animate dead attempts in a row and I just hated the get up and go time with necromancers because it was so easily thrown away if you died, or had to word, though it was the first time I got to spectra which was cool.

Again, thanks for your time and showing me neat stuff. Loved reading your books and sadly if you let the OOC #### from those few, you won't have fun. I know you said your done, but come back when you've cooled off, CF is falling a part as it is, we don't need to lose another good player.

KstatidaWed 10-May-17 09:26 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130978, "Dunno, dude"
In response to Reply #1

You were Vindicator. You were raided by a Maran. I'd raid them the next second AND keep them raided until the peace treaty was formally signed. Noone would've booted you for that. You aren't Vindicator for nothing. If Ishuli would say that you should not, I'd raid regardless because "That's my duty and if you don't want me to fulfill my duty, then demote me".

No eyes - problem solved.

Mechanicwise - if you're Vindicator who can't kill a criminal, just bloody shackle him in Galadon and go raid. He'll sit there till shackles dissolve not being able to chase you. That's like pissing in his shoes and he can do nothing about it

And... why don't you flee/return instead of rescue?

wlnWed 10-May-17 03:11 PM
134 posts
#130980, "RE: Dunno, dude"
In response to Reply #33

Q: Why did I not flee and return?
A: I did, many times, only to get autoattacked by the eyes again. In fact, it's how I finally died. Zombies are nefred so badly that they are standing still for eternity when you get attacked, long enough for me to flee, return and get autoattacked again. If I managed to flee AFTER they have assisted, I've been autoattacked by the eyes again. I don't know why, perhaps he fled and came back again. By that time I've been cut my health down by 25-30% (thanks to the wraithform nefr too).

Q: Why did you not get their item?
A: Even if I would be allowed (which I wasn't due to cabal politics), most of the time I've been alone vs couple of goodies/marans. For an undead necromancer, it's especially difficult to raid fort due to holy word/brimstone spam every 2 rounds. Undeads would get destroyed. I'd leave them somewhere, but it still too painful/boring/annoying to raid as undead vs fort, just to get elf his item back in 5 seconds due to the general weakness of outer guards.

Q: Bloody shackles in Galadon?
A: To land shackes, you have to be out of the fight, which was not an option to the eyes of the flame and broken flee-autoreengage spam mechanics.

But you seems to miss the point of my deletion. I've been fine with him raiding the Spire because of reraid edge points. If I would be interested in playing, that elf would keep doing me a favor. But I've lost interest to the game due to reasons I said earlier (OOC groups and hatering). This broken rescue/assist/wraithform #### was just the last drop that finally nailed it.

KstatidaWed 10-May-17 03:35 PM
2214 posts
#130981, "RE: Dunno, dude"
In response to Reply #34

I don't really care about reason for delete, we all psycho out from time to time.

But I'm interested to know about the mechanics for fighting a maran for necromancer.

QuixoticWed 10-May-17 05:54 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
830 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130982, "fighting maran as an AP/Necro"
In response to Reply #35
Edited on Wed 10-May-17 05:54 PM

If you can outdamage them, no worries. If they have spell saves & outdamage you, you are screwed. Eyes make it very difficult to finesse them.

One of the worst fights I've had, and I've had plenty, was when some mid-20s hunter Baer follower was granted maran and went after my AP. Your AP doesn't have dodge, they have ambush and pursuit. Add to that the maran had a decent suit, and CF for Quixotic was just a game of 'regear and farm gold.' It wasn't even a game of tag or avoidance because of the mismatch. Miserably unfun.

IsildurWed 10-May-17 06:43 PM
5969 posts
#130984, "RE: fighting maran as an AP/Necro"
In response to Reply #36

Couldn't you just stay out of the woods?

QuixoticWed 10-May-17 07:37 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
830 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130985, "She punked me in the desert, on the open roads, anywher..."
In response to Reply #38

I couldn't hit her, and her unblockable shots each round ripped me up.

Miserable.

IsildurWed 10-May-17 08:58 PM
5969 posts
#130986, "RE: She punked me in the desert, on the open roads, any..."
In response to Reply #39

I feel like jaguar pounce was less good on the characters of mine that had it than it apparently was for other people. It maybe got me one or two kills that I wouldn't have gotten already. Maybe I had some goodie kills I don't remember or something.

IsildurWed 10-May-17 06:17 PM
5969 posts
#130983, "RE: Dunno, dude"
In response to Reply #34

>Q: Why did you not get their item?
>A: Even if I would be allowed (which I wasn't due to cabal
>politics), most of the time I've been alone vs couple of
>goodies/marans. For an undead necromancer, it's especially
>difficult to raid fort due to holy word/brimstone spam every 2
>rounds. Undeads would get destroyed. I'd leave them somewhere,
>but it still too painful/boring/annoying to raid as undead vs
>fort, just to get elf his item back in 5 seconds due to the
>general weakness of outer guards.

Screw cabal politics. You should have just done it. His contention is that Ishuli would have had your back. Of course, his contention could be wrong.

All I can say is that in my long history of playing Fotress characters, the fastest single-character raids have been: Sodsob (AP with huge weapon), Charine (Edged-out Chancellor Conjurer), and Ahtieli/Gaspare (Emperor Lich).

Vindicator Mummy obviously loses out on sigil, which is big. But you could probably rationalize using guards, which Emperor doesn't have. Get shield of blackest pitch, put up a/s/b/minor_ward and maybe stone_skin/protection/resist_heat (with the understanding they'll be dispelled), vindicator guards, pimp zombie army, haste them all, frenzy them all, then maybe try zapping the Watcher with some useful wands (e.g. slow).

I don't know much about greater undead, but maybe there's some greater undead that's extra-useful for raid situations like that.

wlnThu 11-May-17 05:34 AM
134 posts
#130990, "I could"
In response to Reply #37

I did raid marans with my earlier undeads (mummy, wight) and it is certainly doable. I could do it as vindicator even easier, though my greater undeads were most ####ty in the game and none of them would work there. But, I would either lose my zombies (and 2+ more hours to recreate them is not fun), or I'd have to leave them somewhere (and then I wouldn't raid fast enough).

Even if I'd take their item, it would provide a lot of cabal tension after. I had more than enough already and though it was fun and interesting, at the end I've got tired of it. I took their orb to find protection against lightforged weapons and got smacked, because it's not allowed - and though it's correct from Tribunal policy point of view, that was the last drop of why I don't want to play a trib necro anymore.

But, even if I'd success by some miracle, this unbalanced, immune to blind stfs #### would retrieve in 20-30 seconds. So it simply wouldn't worth it.

TacFri 02-Jun-17 07:26 PM
2050 posts
#131185, "Necro posting a bit, but..."
In response to Reply #1

PK Statistics

Total PK Wins 53 (30 at level 51)
Total PK Losses 4
Total Mob Deaths 3
# of Power Word Kills 2

Does not exactly suggest an unplayable combo due to mechanical changes.

AbernyteSat 10-Jun-17 07:43 AM
973 posts
#131238, "The things who complain about you did to my comeback sh..."
In response to Reply #1

Take your complaints and shove them.....asshat!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130933 Previous topic | Next topic