Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the Battl..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #77049
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 20-Feb-09 12:03 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16814 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77049, "(RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the Battlefield, Ignorant of the Tablet"

Sun Feb 15 00:01:29 2009

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Rogark perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:140

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Can we kill this post already? Seriously, just too much..., Minyar1 (Guest), 20-Feb-09 09:02 AM, #64
Reply I, for one, read the entire "potshot" sub-thread., WarEagle2 (Guest), 20-Feb-09 03:52 PM, #66
     Reply Yea Daev.. This post is just some hateful stuff that is..., Krilcov K (Guest), 22-Feb-09 09:23 AM, #70
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the B..., Grawshen (Guest), 15-Feb-09 11:17 AM, #11
Reply Major potshot I might add., Villager (Guest), 16-Feb-09 09:11 AM, #23
     Reply RE: Major potshot I might add., Rogark (Guest), 16-Feb-09 01:23 PM, #24
          Reply Convulsing isnt actually dead. either., Villager (Guest), 16-Feb-09 02:47 PM, #28
          Reply RE: Major potshot I might add., Grawshen (Guest), 16-Feb-09 03:32 PM, #30
          Reply RE: Major potshot I might add., Daevryn, 16-Feb-09 07:04 PM, #31
               Reply You are a major tool..., Rogark The Red (Guest), 18-Feb-09 10:28 PM, #33
                    Reply RE: You are a major tool..., Elhe (Guest), 18-Feb-09 10:36 PM, #34
                    Reply Bravo., TMNS (Guest), 18-Feb-09 10:37 PM, #35
                    Reply Okay, I was wrong:, Daevryn, 18-Feb-09 10:56 PM, #36
                    Reply Atleast your honest about not recanting the fact you've..., Pof Rogark (Guest), 19-Feb-09 03:24 AM, #37
                         Reply Sorry, but its HIS mud, he can do everything here., Beront (Guest), 19-Feb-09 03:56 AM, #39
                         Reply Two things., Zefta (Guest), 19-Feb-09 04:22 AM, #41
                         Reply Ooh man..., Zefta (Guest), 19-Feb-09 04:20 AM, #40
                         Reply You've got some mental problems n/t, Elhe (Guest), 19-Feb-09 08:58 AM, #43
                         Reply RE: Atleast your honest about not recanting the fact yo..., Isildur, 19-Feb-09 11:11 AM, #47
                         Reply There is so much misinfo in this post its' staggering i..., TMNS (Guest), 19-Feb-09 07:16 PM, #50
                         Reply RE: Atleast your honest about not recanting the fact yo..., Daevryn, 19-Feb-09 07:26 PM, #51
                         Reply Ok ok, not trying to start a fight here, N b M (Guest), 19-Feb-09 08:38 PM, #53
                              Reply People who hold Cabdru against Nep are retarded., TMNS (Guest), 19-Feb-09 09:24 PM, #54
                              Reply To be fair:, Daevryn, 19-Feb-09 09:49 PM, #56
                              Reply Sure, don't address the pertinant part (about how I sav..., TMNS (Guest), 19-Feb-09 10:02 PM, #58
                              Reply Shame about the examples, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 20-Feb-09 03:24 AM, #63
                                   Reply Not this again., TMNS (Guest), 20-Feb-09 01:49 PM, #65
                              Reply But..., Twist, 19-Feb-09 09:39 PM, #55
                              Reply My bad nt, N b M (Guest), 19-Feb-09 11:25 PM, #59
                              Reply Ehhehe, Dwoggurd, 20-Feb-09 11:46 PM, #67
                              Reply RE: Ok ok, not trying to start a fight here, Daevryn, 19-Feb-09 09:52 PM, #57
                                   Reply Oh, I agree with you, N b M (Guest), 19-Feb-09 11:24 PM, #61
                                        Reply RE: Oh, I agree with you, Daevryn, 20-Feb-09 12:03 AM, #60
                         Reply Sadly, I liked Rogark in the game., Straklaw, 19-Feb-09 07:38 PM, #52
                    Reply You really got issues ..., WraithOfLight, 19-Feb-09 04:03 PM, #49
Reply You were no fun to travel with, WraithOfLight, 15-Feb-09 10:45 AM, #10
Reply Glad to see this. You sucked nt., NMTehW (Guest), 15-Feb-09 07:37 AM, #5
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the B..., Rogark the Red (Guest), 15-Feb-09 05:49 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the B..., Thomayen (Guest), 15-Feb-09 06:05 AM, #2
     Reply Boredom, desire to play an Underdog, Rogark the Red (Guest), 15-Feb-09 06:46 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Boredom, desire to play an Underdog, Rayihn, 15-Feb-09 07:28 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Boredom, desire to play an Underdog, Isildur, 19-Feb-09 11:01 AM, #44
               Reply Although true, that's clearly not the issue nt, WraithOfLight, 19-Feb-09 03:48 PM, #48
                    Reply The Issue is when said corpse keeps talking #### after ..., Rogark (Guest), 20-Feb-09 03:05 AM, #62
                         Reply I dont see how you can lie like that when... Lol, Applicant (Guest), 21-Feb-09 05:44 PM, #69
          Reply I did not get it, Elhe (Guest), 15-Feb-09 08:40 AM, #6
     Reply You know..., Vhelamina (Guest), 15-Feb-09 08:50 AM, #7
     Reply Rogark., Yean, 15-Feb-09 09:42 AM, #8
     Reply Point on Yean! nt, KrilcovK (Guest), 16-Feb-09 08:17 AM, #20
     Reply RE: Rogark., Isildur, 19-Feb-09 11:04 AM, #45
     Reply Just to be clear..., Daevryn, 15-Feb-09 09:22 AM, #9
     Reply I hope you do steamroll the lot of them., Just a Player (Guest), 15-Feb-09 02:01 PM, #12
     Reply ...?, Vhelamina (Guest), 15-Feb-09 02:33 PM, #13
     Reply I challenge all you rager-haters to roll a rager., TMNS (Guest), 15-Feb-09 04:52 PM, #16
     Reply A Mixed review, Kassibaz (Guest), 15-Feb-09 04:36 PM, #14
     Reply RE: A Mixed review, Thomayen (Guest), 15-Feb-09 04:50 PM, #15
     Reply Did you just tell a cabal IMM, who handles Cabal policy..., TMNS (Guest), 15-Feb-09 05:01 PM, #17
     Reply Isn't that effectively like walking into a business.., Heh. (Guest), 21-Feb-09 03:58 PM, #68
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the B..., Khalla (Guest), 16-Feb-09 02:16 AM, #18
     Reply Oh looks its the douche who tried to gang down a single..., Hukariu (Guest), 16-Feb-09 03:22 AM, #19
     Reply Coming from you, means absolutely nothing..., Rogark (Guest), 16-Feb-09 02:30 PM, #26
          Reply Honestly I have never full looted anyone out of range, Hukariu (Guest), 16-Feb-09 07:52 PM, #32
     Reply Why whenever I asked you for a moment?, Applicant (Guest), 16-Feb-09 08:19 AM, #21
     Reply Read number five in the village., Mino (Guest), 16-Feb-09 09:09 AM, #22
     Reply Commander sets regulations, Rogark (Guest), 16-Feb-09 02:32 PM, #27
          Reply Who says that villager had that information set down? K..., Villager. (Guest), 16-Feb-09 02:48 PM, #29
               Reply RE: Who says that villager had that information set dow..., Rogark (Guest), 19-Feb-09 03:25 AM, #38
                    Reply Lol you are a man child., Minotaur (Guest), 19-Feb-09 08:50 AM, #42
     Reply Hi there., Firhindil (Guest), 16-Feb-09 01:33 PM, #25
     Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the B..., Isildur, 19-Feb-09 11:05 AM, #46

Minyar1 (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-09 09:02 AM

#77233, "Can we kill this post already? Seriously, just too much..."
In response to Reply #0

Seriously.

WarEagle2 (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-09 03:52 PM

#77241, "I, for one, read the entire "potshot" sub-thread."
In response to Reply #64

Better than generic goodbye posts.

Really, think about it.

Krilcov K (Guest)Sun 22-Feb-09 09:23 AM

#77279, "Yea Daev.. This post is just some hateful stuff that is..."
In response to Reply #66

nt

Grawshen (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 11:17 AM

#77068, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the B..."
In response to Reply #0

You were a tool. Its not my(or anyones) job to get you your gear back after you try to take a potshot on someone during a raid and get your ass handed to you. Especially after you were ejected from the village.

Villager (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 09:11 AM

#77101, "Major potshot I might add."
In response to Reply #11

Rogark tries to slay Grawshen who is nearly dead during a big raid.
Rogark Dies from full health fast. Rogark proceeds to bitch. Atleast he sticks to his rp.

Rogark (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 01:23 PM

#77116, "RE: Major potshot I might add."
In response to Reply #23

Bleeding wounds and thirsting I do not consider dead for a Rager going up against a non-cabaled, minimally prepped warrior. Next off, Borkahd himself set up the rules of engagement... you cannot loot anyone who you haven't killed... Grawshen didn't loot me, another Villager who I won't assassinate did.

Either way, the lot of you are dead and soon.

Villager (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 02:47 PM

#77120, "Convulsing isnt actually dead. either."
In response to Reply #24

You did a good job at trying to defame characters ic, why stop now?
I would like to know, how you know, if or if not every current villager has those rules in his note list...some villagers did not get inducted in time to have those in the note list..

Alot of you are dead and soon, see you a mile away profusinal.

Grawshen (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 03:32 PM

#77124, "RE: Major potshot I might add."
In response to Reply #24

I dont know how hurt I was; I was thirsted. I'd love to see the log of that fight. But I'd be really surprised if it was only bleeding wounds. I know Gollywyn and Zerrla damn near had their way with me when I got very lucky and managed to off Gollywyn.

DaevrynMon 16-Feb-09 07:04 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77128, "RE: Major potshot I might add."
In response to Reply #24

You're still coming across like a major tool on this thread, btw.

Rogark The Red (Guest)Wed 18-Feb-09 10:28 PM

#77162, "You are a major tool..."
In response to Reply #31

Go roll up another Lich or A-P and get a ton of unattainable gear from your IMM-Knowledge... then tell me who sounds like an ass, i've been here since 92 when you were Istendil.

Thanx for coming out

Elhe (Guest)Wed 18-Feb-09 10:36 PM

#77163, "RE: You are a major tool..."
In response to Reply #33

at least one person got nearly the same gear set as Cabdru and it was not imm played character.

TMNS (Guest)Wed 18-Feb-09 10:37 PM

#77164, "Bravo."
In response to Reply #33

Douche.

I feel dirty for grouping with you.

I can't believe nothing happened to you when you gave my chaotic evil mino some gear as your maran.

DaevrynWed 18-Feb-09 10:56 PM
11117 posts
#77166, "Okay, I was wrong:"
In response to Reply #33

You don't come across as an asshole, you are an asshole. It was a mistake to try to save you from yourself.

Also, I realize that telling time is hard, but being that far off with a calendar is a bit ridiculous.

Pof Rogark (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 03:24 AM

#77178, "Atleast your honest about not recanting the fact you've..."
In response to Reply #36

I'm glad your timeline is on point, b/c your game ethics are completely askew... maybe the big badass imm should show us how its done with the classes he claims are so 'balanced' against others...

Here's a challenge for you Nep... make something that can take out Ahtieli or Satebos solo, if you aren't playing the latter ofcourse.

Once you've done something like that, i'll earn respect for you...

FYI - Sitting at 41 with a human thief and assbagging the Mageslayer title is another perfect example of your wonderful game ethics... rank 41 levelsitters are garbage for the mud, especially ones who prey on Magi who are far from optimum fighting performance...

But what do I know, i'm a tool, and are the l33t pwnMaster.

Beront (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 03:56 AM

#77180, "Sorry, but its HIS mud, he can do everything here."
In response to Reply #37

And you - can't. If you don't like this - leave.

Zefta (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 04:22 AM

#77182, "Two things."
In response to Reply #39

I agree to 100% of everything you said there Beront. But really, even if he is an asshat, he shouldn't leave, the playerbase it too small already.

Zefta (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 04:20 AM

#77181, "Ooh man..."
In response to Reply #37

When we played on riftshadow, I kinda liked you, when you played Ilvakihj I ws hoping that it was your role. But it's becomming more and more evident that you are indeed an asshole. Sorry, but EVERY single thing you write on the forums just makes you look real bad.

Just find it interesting that every single time we spoke on riftshadow, you were cool, every single time I meet you in CF or speak or see somethings in the forums, you're an asshole.

Elhe (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 08:58 AM

#77186, "You've got some mental problems n/t"
In response to Reply #37

n/t

IsildurThu 19-Feb-09 11:11 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#77193, "RE: Atleast your honest about not recanting the fact yo..."
In response to Reply #37

>Here's a challenge for you Nep... make something that can take
>out Ahtieli or Satebos solo, if you aren't playing the latter
>ofcourse.

Who ever said liches were balanced? I don't think nep did. They're the bogeyman.

TMNS (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 07:16 PM

#77211, "There is so much misinfo in this post its' staggering i..."
In response to Reply #37

NT

DaevrynThu 19-Feb-09 07:26 PM
11117 posts
#77213, "RE: Atleast your honest about not recanting the fact yo..."
In response to Reply #37

>I'm glad your timeline is on point, b/c your game ethics are
>completely askew... maybe the big badass imm should show us
>how its done with the classes he claims are so 'balanced'
>against others...

It's just not worth my time to argue with you about it.

>Here's a challenge for you Nep... make something that can take
>out Ahtieli or Satebos solo, if you aren't playing the latter
>ofcourse.

I was playing a something I thought could do it solo and a something I thought could do it as part of a group; both autodeleted for lack of time. Maybe we'll never know.

>Once you've done something like that, i'll earn respect for
>you...
>
>FYI - Sitting at 41 with a human thief and assbagging the
>Mageslayer title is another perfect example of your wonderful
>game ethics... rank 41 levelsitters are garbage for the mud,
>especially ones who prey on Magi who are far from optimum
>fighting performance...

Feel free to check the PBF for how long I sat at 41.

In any case, the game doesn't start at hero. When I play mages, I level slowly and kill Battle on the way up. When I play Battle, I level slowly and kill mages on the way up. Etc.

>But what do I know, i'm a tool, and are the l33t pwnMaster.

Yup.

N b M (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 08:38 PM

#77216, "Ok ok, not trying to start a fight here"
In response to Reply #51

And I don't agree with what the aggressive one is saying...

But as for this leveling thing, looking at it from the perspective of Cabdru (he is what your going to be held to for all time bud, he was a badass).. you did Not level slowly, not only that, you had rocking ass percentages for almost every single skill.

Of course I am sure you know a few tricks to rock out practicing, but come on man.. you do have to look at it from both sides.

Badass almost unkillable fire giant ap with Insane super secret gear that you got from the super secret area that You wrote yourself.. Tearing through the entire player base like they were nothing.

Now sure there were a few people that put up a fight, in groups, but they were far and few between, and those groups were Huge and likely hiding behind their cabal guardians.

The dudes an ass, without doubt, for sure... but some of the playerbase will always hold Cabdru against you and always be slighted.

Now I know its your game, and believe me, 95% of the playerbase has to respect that. But some must feel absolutely slighted and see it as abuse of immortal power. Couple that with keeping imm business a tight secret, a couple imms rolling out, and you have instant conspiracy theory and there will ALWAYS be finger pointing towards why the game sucks or is falling apart or just isn't great as it used to be.

Let's understand the situation for what it is and fix it or just push past it.

Ayup

TMNS (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 09:24 PM

#77218, "People who hold Cabdru against Nep are retarded."
In response to Reply #53

Well, except for the attempted 'Nepenthe doesn't play Cabdru' nonsense that your fellow IMMs tried to the perpetuate.

I mean, does the playerbase hold Ravon against Tongni? Or Seyriannia against Crafted?

Get over it, man.

PS Cabdru didn't have silent gear until he had well over a 100 charges. That's a long time that people had to gang him. The fact that he had my sad ass saving his bacon grease and leveling him is the reason he turned into a beast (at least, that's what I keep telling myself).

PPS The practicing thing(also other IMM secrets) has been hashed/rehashed at length on the Gameplay? board. Some people are of the vein that certain game secrets are cool and should exist, some (like me) don't think so, but hey, are we really going to have knock-down drag out brawls over something like that?

DaevrynThu 19-Feb-09 09:49 PM
11117 posts
#77221, "To be fair:"
In response to Reply #54

>Well, except for the attempted 'Nepenthe doesn't play Cabdru'
>nonsense that your fellow IMMs tried to the perpetuate.

I'm pretty sure I hadn't told any of them I was playing him, either. I assumed some of them would guess, but I was trying to keep it as quiet as I could. I'm generally like this about my characters while I'm playing them.

TMNS (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 10:02 PM

#77223, "Sure, don't address the pertinant part (about how I sav..."
In response to Reply #56

To be honest, a lot of IMMs probably DON'T CARE who plays who. So I can totally see how certain IMMs defended that you weren't Cabdru had no clue that you in fact, were. At least one of these people HAD to have known, though, and their efforts to obfuscate like that tend to make people like me angry.

Random aside/rant: I know I have a secret desire to know which characters players I consider peers or better are playing.

If you know people's capabilities, playing times, posting habits (or lack thereof), and speech( punctuation and spelling habits, I'm looking at you Lightmage ) you can pretty much figure out who all these people are playing. There are the occasional blips, but actually, they become part of the guessing game (is that person who I have no idea who plays them the guy who played X? Because I had no idea who X was?).

I'm occasionally wrong, but less than 30% I'd say.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-09 03:24 AM

#77232, "Shame about the examples"
In response to Reply #54

It's ironic that you picked at least one player who cheated a lot as an example of who the playerbase doesn't have a problem with.

That's a fact, not hearsay.

TMNS (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-09 01:49 PM

#77238, "Not this again."
In response to Reply #63

For the record, I agree with you. The staff and the rest of the playerbase doesn't seem to though.

TwistThu 19-Feb-09 09:39 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#77220, "But..."
In response to Reply #53

This thread had nothing to do with Cabdru, Istendil, or even the overpowered Eldritch, it was about Rogark's posts and how he looked in making them.

His response was, in essence, like a political ad - rather than address the issues that Daevryn brought up, he just tried to sling mud.

It's the equivalent to Scrimbul (for instance) saying "Crashing of Waves needs to be toned down, dammit!" (for instance) and Daevryn (for instance) replying with "You cut off a guy in traffic 5 years ago and he was driving his pregnant wife to the emergency room."

And quite frankly, you posting something like this is beneath you. You know the guy is just trolling because he's got absolutely no argument, and (despite clearly stating that you disagree with him), you aid him in his attempt to divert the topic away from him and onto Daevryn. If I had posted the exact same thing Daevryn did, he'd likely post about how Hunsobo getting a third legacy was obviously some sort of immspiracy, or how Bonthos was a puss that Ilvakihj pwned frequently, or how Shilbor sucked (that last one is true, but still not relevant).

Note I'm not attempting to defend Daevryn's past chars, nor denounce him for them. Hell, I'm not even bashing Rogark's char, nor even his posts, really, other than the blatant attempt to derail the thread because it wasn't going his way. But bringing Cabdru/Istendil (1992? Seriously?) into it is just silly.

N b M (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 11:25 PM

#77226, "My bad nt"
In response to Reply #55

DwoggurdFri 20-Feb-09 11:46 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#77245, "Ehhehe"
In response to Reply #55

>It's the equivalent to Scrimbul (for instance) saying
>"Crashing of Waves needs to be toned down, dammit!" (for
>instance) and Daevryn (for instance) replying with "You cut
>off a guy in traffic 5 years ago and he was driving his
>pregnant wife to the emergency room."

Probably it would be better than answering "nothing has changed, the code is the same"

DaevrynThu 19-Feb-09 09:52 PM
11117 posts
#77222, "RE: Ok ok, not trying to start a fight here"
In response to Reply #53

>And I don't agree with what the aggressive one is saying...
>
>But as for this leveling thing, looking at it from the
>perspective of Cabdru (he is what your going to be held to for
>all time bud, he was a badass).. you did Not level slowly, not
>only that, you had rocking ass percentages for almost every
>single skill.

I guess it depends on how you look at level slowly.

He spent a lot of time pre-20 working on skills, PKing some, and not levelling very fast. I tried to PK some at just about every level range, and did your typical AP hanging out around 36-40 for a while.

When he did try to get XP? That was fast.

A lot of the rest I think has been hashed over a lot, I just wanted to address that bit because I'm not sure it has.

N b M (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-09 12:03 AM

#77225, "Oh, I agree with you"
In response to Reply #57

Believe me, I do.

I am just saying there is Still that other point of view, and you guys do have to realize that there will forever be spiteful people (I have been guilty of this as well), looking for anyone to blame something on to make themselves feel better.

That's just the way some things are.

Anyway, sorry if I brought up old ####, just wanted to kind of play devils advocate a little.

DaevrynFri 20-Feb-09 12:03 AM
11117 posts
#77229, "RE: Oh, I agree with you"
In response to Reply #61

Yeah, I do get that.

StraklawThu 19-Feb-09 07:38 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#77215, "Sadly, I liked Rogark in the game."
In response to Reply #37

but every now and then, there's some truth to the majority. I'm probably one of the most leniant people around, and even I think you're sounding like an assbag.

BTW, you ever pay attention to MAYBE the fact that the people who've been around since 96, for those of us who...you know, started when the MUD did instead of four years before, might actually accomplish something? And maybe those who're decent at it might Imm? No-one seems to complain about Kasty's uberchars, or Twist's, etc, and there's plenty of non-imm players who do well also. Hell, even I had one or two that people thought were scary (why, I'll never know).

So...as a final request...STFU? Please?

WraithOfLightThu 19-Feb-09 04:03 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2008
45 posts
#77198, "You really got issues ..."
In response to Reply #33

How is playing a GAME since '92 any sort of way to add weight to your opinion? Especially when it's as misguided and twisted as yours?

Many (most) of us have outgrown being juveniles, and are now responsible adults, since then. Clearly you got stuck somewhere early on the way.

WraithOfLightSun 15-Feb-09 10:45 AM
45 posts
#77067, "You were no fun to travel with"
In response to Reply #0

Lighten up, seriously, it's just a game.

NMTehW (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 07:37 AM

#77059, "Glad to see this. You sucked nt."
In response to Reply #0

Rogark the Red (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 05:49 AM

#77054, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the B..."
In response to Reply #0

Alright... i'll make this short and to the point... Woldrun/Yean/Borkahd... you guys really need a Cabdru or Ravon around to be whooping your asses repeatedely, to show you the meaning of parity... just because someone is a no cake fight for you, doesn't mean for me it isn't worthy of using mildly underhanded tactics to try and secure a win. Also... you have no idea what a time of War means... if our giant was just attacked and is writhing, I imagine anyone is free game of that enemy cabal if found wounded.
I guess only particular PC's are allowed to do whatever they want. FYI - Completely ignoring me and calling me a liar when your PC's straight full-looted me is pathetic.

I won't get into names, but the battle cabal knows who I am talking about and it is absolutely lame.

Be thankful I have a new character in creation, a mold that is guaranteed to destroy all of you assclowns with your splendid tactics of bash/drive/and pray that crashing progs. Prepare to die and regularly.

See you in the Fields

Thomayen (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 06:05 AM

#77055, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the B..."
In response to Reply #1

About parity. I do agree that if someone attacks the village, they are fair game. I think that there are some characters in the village that don't see it that way, but, I attribute that to roleplaying so I don't #### with it.

We didn't work well as a team. Let's just leave it at that. My question to you is why throw a character away like that? From my perspective, you were a character who got lastnamed in your 30's, which means you were doing something right. But, then you didn't seem to get the whole Battle Cabal philosophy. So, what happened?

Rogark the Red (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 06:46 AM

#77056, "Boredom, desire to play an Underdog"
In response to Reply #2

I never stay interested long once a cabal rises to power... I much prefer being part of the restoration process. I remember my days as Ajirkahn/Ilvakihj, my longest-played PC's at 200+ hours, the only thing that kept me going was ridiculous odds. With Rogark it just became clear I was too handicapped to properly be fighting these hordes of villagers... my legacy pick/build in its entirety was made to kill mages, not villagers. So, i've got a new mold being built up that is viable to mow everything in its path if I pull it off properly, we'll see I suppose.

See ya in the fields.

RayihnSun 15-Feb-09 07:28 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#77058, "RE: Boredom, desire to play an Underdog"
In response to Reply #3

I'm disappointed to see that this is you. Rogark started off ok but once you made that mistake you really let your ooc anger get the best of you. Killing that one guy NINE times in one day was horrible and the kind of thing that makes someone really lose all respect for you.

IsildurThu 19-Feb-09 11:01 AM
5969 posts
#77190, "RE: Boredom, desire to play an Underdog"
In response to Reply #4

How does someone let themselves die *nine times* in one day, much less to a single character? And a warrior, at that? I mean...just avoid him.

WraithOfLightThu 19-Feb-09 03:48 PM
45 posts
#77195, "Although true, that's clearly not the issue nt"
In response to Reply #44

nt

Rogark (Guest)Fri 20-Feb-09 03:05 AM

#77231, "The Issue is when said corpse keeps talking #### after ..."
In response to Reply #48

And going after folks i'm helping rank up so they can help me with the bigger, badder ragers...

I think that says enough

Applicant (Guest)Sat 21-Feb-09 05:44 PM

#77256, "I dont see how you can lie like that when... Lol"
In response to Reply #62

You are so all about yourself, that you are only asking for.
Elder rager so and so, please help me rank.
Telling some applicant I'm busy, five days in a row, your whole loggin time.
Mind ####, defaming tells and notes when you loose some gear.

Take a break, please come back.

Elhe (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 08:40 AM

#77060, "I did not get it"
In response to Reply #3

you said two different things:
1. I want to play underdog
2. I think ganging as villager is ok, when I can not kill enemy with an easy.

Explain me how these two things live with each other?

Vhelamina (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 08:50 AM

#77061, "You know..."
In response to Reply #1

Its a shame my character had no intentions of working with you.

That said, she tends to fight ragers more then anything else and i have to say even with them having spellbane and some even having high int, i often land spells on them more then half the time.

You though...wow, it was one horrible case of RNG or you had some serious saves going. Five or six failed slows and a failed soften, failed neuro...bleh, i was planning make sure i didn't forget to cast adrenaline burst and just go damage next time i saw you.

GLWYN.

YeanSun 15-Feb-09 09:18 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#77062, "Rogark."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sun 15-Feb-09 09:42 AM

You started off good and showed a lot of promise - I hadn't had such a refreshing convo with a mort for a long time, and you impressed me so much that first interaction I rewarded you with more than I usually would.

But as the days went by, you started to become more and more of a know-it-all. That first time you sought me about an issue with Woldrun, it was obvious you didn't really want to listen to anything but yourself, and wanted me to take your side - which I couldn't do.

It was clear that you were a veteran player, the way you quoted details of old school ragers so intimately. I do take delight when such players return to Battle and share village knowledge with those who don't know. But that doesn't put you on a pedestal. Veteran or newbie, the same cabal rules apply throughout.

Based on your logic, it is okay for ragers to gank as long as someone is holding our item of power, or us theirs - which is all the time. I'll say a couple things about that last incident. It wasn't really a raid situation, wasn't at the Village, wasn't a mage. In such an instance, as a Berserker if you see another rager (esp zerker) already fighting, you don't jump in, period. It wasn't even an accident. You said the rager in question asked for help, but as a berserker YOU really should be the one questioning anyone who dares ask you to do such a thing.

I'm always for a char rolling along with the rp flow and working his way back into the Village, and would reward heavily should they pull it off. But slaying another rager infront of my eyes IN my shrine out of spite, and threatening an imm in-game just blackmarks the particular char for good more or less.

KrilcovK (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 08:17 AM

#77096, "Point on Yean! nt"
In response to Reply #8

nt

IsildurThu 19-Feb-09 11:04 AM
5969 posts
#77191, "RE: Rogark."
In response to Reply #8

I remember various people having the same complaint against Ajirkhan. Basically, that he was bossing around other Maran, and getting all pissy when they didn't do exactly what he wanted tactics-wise.

DaevrynSun 15-Feb-09 09:22 AM
11117 posts
#77064, "Just to be clear..."
In response to Reply #1

I don't know a thing about this character, but your above post makes you seem like a giant tool who probably deserved everything bad he got.

Just a Player (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 02:01 PM

#77071, "I hope you do steamroll the lot of them."
In response to Reply #1

I've never liked the Rager cabal, could never get past how they remind me of the KKK and I don't condone that either. If I had the game knowledge that some do, I would be more than happy to roll up a character specifically to kill ragers, but I don't. I'm no longer a hardcore CFer. Unfortunately, I never got to interact with this character, though something tells me I probably would have liked him. Lol.

Good luck with your next, man.

Vhelamina (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 02:33 PM

#77072, "...?"
In response to Reply #12

Maybe its not a shame at all my character had no intentions of dealing with this character. A lowbie of mine ranked with him for a bit, he disconnected alot but didn't seem that bad. However, the way some of these posts are sounding, geesh.

TMNS (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 04:52 PM

#77076, "I challenge all you rager-haters to roll a rager."
In response to Reply #12

Your view will change.

I mostly feel bad for villagers these days. They take it up the ass way more than the everyday char.

PS This was the rager char that gives rager chars bad names (excessive ganging, know-it-all attitude, etc) and yet you agree with him. Le sigh.

Kassibaz (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 04:36 PM

#77074, "A Mixed review"
In response to Reply #1

When you were in your 20s/30s I remember you grabbing all the weapons that would get disarmed (which didnt make me a happy panda). And you had some snarky reply, then once you got to hero we fought a few times and you got me once or twice. I remember taking your stole then you freaking out about it, and when I fell to Thomayen you proceeded to take all my daggers and my 3/4 best items. From that point on I realized the type and just ambled along. Then you got booted for a pretty crappy situation you pulled. I knew once you died and got looted you would delete.

But despite all that you knew your stuff, you knew tactics, area knowledge and all that jazz so overall you have great great potential.

Good luck with the next.

Thomayen (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 04:50 PM

#77075, "RE: A Mixed review"
In response to Reply #14

Yeah, that kind of tweaked me too. Because he took your stuff, you took mine and I was left with nothing.

TMNS (Guest)Sun 15-Feb-09 05:01 PM

#77077, "Did you just tell a cabal IMM, who handles Cabal policy..."
In response to Reply #1

Dude, you're a douche.

Heh. (Guest)Sat 21-Feb-09 03:58 PM

#77255, "Isn't that effectively like walking into a business.."
In response to Reply #17

and telling the owner how to run things?

Even if you actually are more knowledgeable, it's not you putting in the work to keep things ticking over. Why should you have any say in it at all?

Khalla (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 02:16 AM

#77089, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the B..."
In response to Reply #1

Well, at least I don't owe you that favor now, heh. That could have been interesting had you called me on it. Interesting relationship we had.

I enjoyed our fights though. GLWYN.

Hukariu (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 03:22 AM

#77091, "Oh looks its the douche who tried to gang down a single..."
In response to Reply #1

And said it was perfectly fine to do. Daevryn is correct your a giant tool. You were a tool with Ilv and a tool with this one. I suspect what ever dumb ass build your talking about to mow things over with will be super easy to spot. Hell all we have to do is look for the giant douche lol

Rogark (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 02:30 PM

#77118, "Coming from you, means absolutely nothing..."
In response to Reply #19

You're the king of full-looting out of range, so really, whatever comments you have, are meaningless. I am certain the administration here see's you for the douche you are.

Hukariu (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 07:52 PM

#77129, "Honestly I have never full looted anyone out of range"
In response to Reply #26

And looks to me like they all see you as the douche you are lol

Applicant (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 08:19 AM

#77097, "Why whenever I asked you for a moment?"
In response to Reply #1

You said you had better things to do in one way or another.
For over a period of 2 weeks?

Mino (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 09:09 AM

#77100, "Read number five in the village."
In response to Reply #1

It says to wear and use your enemies armors.
You cried like a bitch, you didnt give me time to sort out gear
Get overyourself, you are wrong, you only attempt to deflame people.
Giant douched tool.

Rogark (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 02:32 PM

#77119, "Commander sets regulations"
In response to Reply #22

That being said, your own personal perspective on that is meaningless, the same goes for my interpretation of the commandment regarding parity. Sure, you can try to make it fly ICly, doesn't mean it's kosher... for you, you're breaking a simple, straightforward rule your Commander set in place. Don't loot what you don't kill, thanks for coming out BIG Z.

Villager. (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 02:48 PM

#77121, "Who says that villager had that information set down? K..."
In response to Reply #27

nt

Rogark (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 03:25 AM

#77179, "RE: Who says that villager had that information set dow..."
In response to Reply #29

Because said Villager was told this ICly by me and then it was further addressed by other of your cabalmates...

I really, really hope you're made an example of.

BIG Z FOR TEH WIN!!!!

CHEW CUD!!!!!

Minotaur (Guest)Thu 19-Feb-09 08:50 AM

#77185, "Lol you are a man child."
In response to Reply #38

The only response I ever got from you was, I dont understand you.
You told me about that info when you where a betrayer and after the fact, #### off.

Firhindil (Guest)Mon 16-Feb-09 01:33 PM

#77117, "Hi there."
In response to Reply #1

I felt awful when you died in Maethien while ranking. Thank you for the rescue, it kept me from a second loss of experience when I was so close, something like 800 experience away. Good luck with your next character.

IsildurThu 19-Feb-09 11:05 AM
5969 posts
#77192, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Rogark Red the Legend of the B..."
In response to Reply #1

I see ragers die a lot. So apparently someone *is* whooping on them. Or, groups of someones.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #77049 Previous topic | Next topic