Subject: "(DEL) Mirdulad the Grand Master of Artistry, Burned a" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14668
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 25-Jan-03 07:45 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16815 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14668, "(DEL) Mirdulad the Grand Master of Artistry, Burned a"

Sat Jan 25 19:42:47 2003

4 o''clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Winter on the Theran calendar Mirdulad perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:207
PK Ratio:45% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I agree with my assorted imm peeps, nepenthe, 26-Jan-03 11:17 PM, #21
Reply a esiton..., Curious thorn (Guest), 31-Jan-03 11:55 AM, #27
     Reply an answer, nepenthe, 31-Jan-03 06:20 PM, #29
          Reply Also, I never had a lastname. (nt), Mirdulad (Guest), 31-Jan-03 09:34 PM, #30
          Reply RE: an answer, Quislet, 03-Feb-03 03:51 AM, #31
Reply I remember, Arowyth (Guest), 26-Jan-03 05:40 PM, #15
Reply Great Job, Karithia, 26-Jan-03 08:51 AM, #9
Reply I'll jump on the bandwagon, Alnallander, 26-Jan-03 04:36 AM, #8
Reply Also left field!, Arvam, 26-Jan-03 03:40 AM, #7
Reply Argh., Urden, 26-Jan-03 12:32 PM, #11
     Reply Nah., Valguarnera, 26-Jan-03 12:50 PM, #12
          Reply Whew! n/t, Urden, 26-Jan-03 02:18 PM, #13
          Reply actually.., shokai, 30-Jan-03 02:54 PM, #25
Reply From left field:, Valguarnera, 26-Jan-03 01:30 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DEL) Mirdulad the Grand Master of Artistry, Burne..., Mirdulad (Guest), 25-Jan-03 11:19 PM, #3
Reply Sigh... another companion lost, Narissa (Guest), 26-Jan-03 01:06 AM, #4
Reply Geez..., Tarnyxil (Guest), 26-Jan-03 02:16 AM, #6
Reply Very well done,, Yaofhil, 26-Jan-03 10:20 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Mirdulad the Grand Master of Artistry, Burne..., Shil (Guest), 26-Jan-03 03:16 PM, #14
Reply nicely done, shokai, 26-Jan-03 05:52 PM, #16
Reply That's because..., Mirdulad (Guest), 26-Jan-03 06:28 PM, #17
     Reply woo!, shokai, 27-Jan-03 01:18 AM, #22
          Reply RE: woo!, Enbuergo, 31-Jan-03 11:46 AM, #26
               Reply RE: woo!, shokai, 31-Jan-03 03:22 PM, #28
Reply Heh..., Airael (Guest), 26-Jan-03 06:58 PM, #18
Reply Our run ins., Melkorath (Guest), 26-Jan-03 08:13 PM, #19
Reply Hah!, Sabrian (Guest), 26-Jan-03 09:09 PM, #20
Reply Sheesh, not even an honorable mention..., Esmi (Guest), 28-Jan-03 03:15 AM, #23
     Reply Ah, I knew I'd forget someone, Mirdulad (Guest), 28-Jan-03 04:08 AM, #24
Reply RE: (DEL) Mirdulad the Grand Master of Artistry, Burne..., Bajula, 25-Jan-03 08:16 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Mirdulad the Grand Master of Artistry, Burne..., Bajula, 25-Jan-03 08:35 PM, #2

nepentheSun 26-Jan-03 11:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14669, "I agree with my assorted imm peeps"
In response to Reply #0

Cool character. I was really struck by the way you didn't drop your abrasive RP, even when you had to know all it could do was screw you.

Curious thorn (Guest)Fri 31-Jan-03 11:55 AM

#14670, "a esiton..."
In response to Reply #21

If he was so cool character, why didn't he had a special tittle or the last name given? I thought he was deserving that. *mutters* ('cursed and burned' doesn't count!)

nepentheFri 31-Jan-03 06:20 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14671, "an answer"
In response to Reply #27

I think it's a mistake to assume that characters with lastnames or special titles are necessarily quality and characters without them are necessarily not quality. I rarely put last names or titles out there. It's not something that motivates me as a player and I tend to forget about it as an imm.

I started an internal dialogue about granting Mirdulad Spell of the Voice but the consensus was that it didn't suit that kind of abrasive character that well. Alas, I was much too lazy to come up with an alternate quest song in a reasonable period of time.

Mirdulad (Guest)Fri 31-Jan-03 09:34 PM

#14673, "Also, I never had a lastname. (nt)"
In response to Reply #29

nt

QuisletMon 03-Feb-03 03:51 AM
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14672, "RE: an answer"
In response to Reply #29

In fact, some titles are more of an embarassment than a mark of quality.

There was a character who went around Galadon sacrificing all the items
left behind by people killing the guards, and he was given the title
'Galadonian Janitor'. Needless to say, he quickly levelled away the
title and quit being such a neat freak.

Arowyth (Guest)Sun 26-Jan-03 05:40 PM

#14674, "I remember"
In response to Reply #0

a villager came to the inn asked if any of us were scions he left then you left, as you as you did that I spoke out loud to somebody else in the in claming that they other guy was dead. Sure enough I walked out 5 minutes later real time sang life is a dream and walked back in.

KarithiaSun 26-Jan-03 08:51 AM
26 posts
#14675, "Great Job"
In response to Reply #0

I thought you did a great job. The few talks I had with you were very entertaining to say the least. You rolled with things very well. I wish you well in your future endevors.

Signed in a beautiful flowing script,

Karithia El'Feanor

AlnallanderSun 26-Jan-03 04:36 AM
0 posts
#14676, "I'll jump on the bandwagon"
In response to Reply #0

I, too, enjoyed seeing that you would stick to your guns, even when there was little chance of success. Enjoyed the cat and mouse exchanges and your fiery nature. You even managed to make me laugh a few times. The committment was there and it showed.

ArvamSun 26-Jan-03 03:40 AM
218 posts
#14677, "Also left field!"
In response to Reply #0

I gotta repeat what Valg said, and I also liked how you were just downright evil. Thats something that seems pretty rare these days, really truly evil people. I see a lot of team evil mentality, and I didn't see an ounce of that with you. If someone pissed you off, good or evil, you'd let'em know it. None of this be nice to them because they're evil too crap I see going around sometimes.

UrdenSun 26-Jan-03 12:32 PM
97 posts
#14678, "Argh."
In response to Reply #7

Alright, I have to clear my name here. I never intended the Team Evil
thing to be a cop-out for weak roleplaying. I just thought it sounded
cool.

Bizarro I'm helping!

ValguarneraSun 26-Jan-03 12:50 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14679, "Nah."
In response to Reply #11

We were using Team Evil (in the context Arvam is using) in our roleplaying discussions for a while before you started to make it a buzzword on the forums. Admittedly, it did make some of your posts sound funny to me.

It started way back near the founding of not-Maran-but-(MARAN), when Shokai and Leika kept getting ruthless applicants who didn't really grasp the nature of the cabal's militancy. Leika (who was, like Shoky, a tough interview) would ask about the differences between a true Maran and a Scion or former-Empire warrior, and one applicant told her something like "They have a red aura." This led to a lot of Team Capture the Flag type jokes, and I think all the "aligned" cabal leaders have since spent a lot of effort trying to make the cabals "feel" very different in this regard.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

UrdenSun 26-Jan-03 02:18 PM
97 posts
#14681, "Whew! n/t"
In response to Reply #12

Bizarro I'm helping!

shokaiThu 30-Jan-03 02:54 PM
519 posts
#14680, "actually.."
In response to Reply #12

Team Evil had more meaning attached to it around that time. I'd used the term at least since the idea of anti-paladins being one big happy family. Around Empire's creation I started throwing it around here and there, and while I can't remember for sure I'm pretty sure that Cador and crew tossed it around long before I did. Though as you pointed out around the creation of MARAN was when we started using it while sneering and shaking our heads.

From the historical files and ancient ramblings of Team Floofi

ValguarneraSun 26-Jan-03 01:30 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14682, "From left field:"
In response to Reply #0

I happened to catch you several times while watching other people, and I thought you did a great job of consistently roleplaying a very, very angry character, even when it did not profit you in the immediate situation. One of the most common pitfalls of character based around a vice is that they tend to abandon it when things get tough, but I liked that you rolled with the smites/curses/etc. and just kept being Mirdulad. Very entertaining to listen in on.

Mirdulad (Guest)Sat 25-Jan-03 11:19 PM

#14683, "RE: (DEL) Mirdulad the Grand Master of Artistry, Burne..."
In response to Reply #0

Well school starts in 2 days, and Mirdulad was starting to get boring, so I deleted him. I know when I deleted Deirtan (and all my other chars) that I said I wouldn't be back, but it was the summer holidays, and I had so much free time. I know I'll be back this time though, I can't quit, so I'll play a less demanding char that I can log on more casually with. Maybe a Herald, since all my chars are Bar-flies anyway. Mirdulad was an aggressive Drow hating Bard with a really nasty temper, and if you didn't guess his sphere was anger. Was going to be a semi-Mynawk worshiper, didn't believe in his whole Lost Rogue things, but both being half-breeds was enough for Mirdulad. As a player I'm completely against full-looting, and I returned most when I could, sorry to all those who I went off at, especially today, I was in a bad mood.

Farewells:

Others:

Narissa: I don't think our interactions were as good as with Deirtan, and I think because you knew I was Deirtan was the reason, that and you started showing up less (or at different times). But still, like I said before, you're a damn nice RPer, and now I know all your dirty little secrets.

---

Heralds, I think the worst thing that ever happened to Mirdulad was being banned, being a natural bar-fly it was torture.

Airael: I've always enjoyed interacting with you, with all my chars, and I know you didn't tell the Dragon to eat me, but Mirdulad didn't.

Shiluzar aka The Damned Drow Wench: You screwed with Mirdulad's mind, unlike all the other Drow he met, you were nice! Mirdulad hated the Drow with a passion, but with you he was starting soften up, and if I hadn't deleted I'm sure Mirdulad might've acctually liked you, eventually. I've always enjoyed interacting with all your chars, with all my chars, and look forward to plenty more in the future.

Anesshaira, I don't know how to spell it, you don't deserve for it to be spelled right. Now you're the perfect example of why Mirdulad hated the Drow. Mirdulad saw you as an up-tight, bitchy, arrogant whore, and would've done anything to kill you, even stupid things, as you saw. As a player though I was scared shitless, especially after fighting Sabrian and seeing your set. Good job, I look forward to future interactions with you too. (Hopefully painless ones)

Meladori: Didn't interact with you too much, you don't log on much, and when you do you're fairly quiet. I did enjoy pissing you off though.

----

Battle, for a while there you hunted me, and then we grouped up and hunted together.

Melkorath: You and I both had it tough, but when we grouped up we were unstoppable... almost.

Iomyndor: This isn't really a farewell, but an appology. I'm really sorry for what I said in Deirtan's farewell, I had it completely wrong. I don't think there's anything I could do to make up for it, but thankfully I don't think my stupid attack did any IC harm. Sorry.

---

Maran (and other lightwalkers), it's damn near impossible for a Bard to kill you guys, especially since the Bard's best damage song heals you half the time.

Sabrian: God damn do I hate thieves, and the only thing worse than a Thief is a Thief with spiked-boots. Whenever you were about I was always shitting myself, and telling myself to go get some flight potions, but I was too lazy to even do that. Good job.

Alnallander: Argh! I hate Paladins, I always have, and always will. What's worse is I figured an Elven Paladin would be easy to kill, but not as a Bard, I think I prefer Giants now. I always respected the way you fought alone, and how you wouldn't log out, no matter what the odds were. Good luck with the immorting, you deserve it.

Yaofhil: We never really interacted all that much, I try to stay away from axe specs, but we were both cursed, which led to some interesting interactions.

Tarnyxil: I think we were both new to Bard vs. Bard fights, we tried all sorts of tactics, and eventually worked out spamming ice and fire was the best. I enjoyed our fights and interactions, even though we both know the only reason you won most of them was because you had a better horn.

Other Paladins: You're all overpowered bastards.

---

Last and definitely least, the Gods.

Mirdulad had a nasty temper which tended to get him into trouble, a lot. He was eaten, burnt, and blasted with all sort of strange lights. Thanks for the curse Shokai, I know it was a bad thing for Mirdulad, but as a player I enjoy all those sorts of things, and thanks for all the help too Kastellyn, you rock.

I'll be back, you know I'll be.

Narissa (Guest)Sun 26-Jan-03 01:06 AM

#14697, "Sigh... another companion lost"
In response to Reply #3

Suck those who didn't really interact with you and say you didn't RP. You are doing fine and am glad to have known both you and Deirtan. Both were great 'pals' of Narissa.

>Narissa: I don't think our interactions were as good as with
>Deirtan, and I think because you knew I was Deirtan was the
>reason, that and you started showing up less (or at
>different times). But still, like I said before, you're a
>damn nice RPer, and now I know all your dirty little
>secrets.

Nay, I didn't know Mirdulad was Deirtan though there were some aggressiveness in their styles. I realised you loved playing those with sphere anger/bitterness/aggression. You kinda pull it off well to. Towards the later life of Narissa, I somehow 'think' you were Deirtan but I don't want to break RP and ask stupidly. I'll leave you to tell me if you ever delete.

I'm not showing up more often becoz of other matters in RL. We all do, don't we?

Best to all that you do.

PS. Just a little tip, never let out a girl's secret, you can be fried real bad. Juz joking...

Tarnyxil (Guest)Sun 26-Jan-03 02:16 AM

#14696, "Geez..."
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, I was new to bard vs bard fights (strange thing, because I have been playing bards for years now; goes to show how many evil bards there are).. after that time where I tried to sing you asleep 6 times, Tarnyxil was REALLY angry with you. That's why she kept bugging you for duels at the open plains - and really, I thought about summoning help the first time, but I didn't.. that others did show up, was just coincidence.. I had a hard time convincing you afterwards, but eventually you came.. and yes, fire and ice is the best strategy for bard vs bard fights.. Was cool to have you around, I had lots of fun..

Tarnyxil

P.S. I still won the most fights

YaofhilSun 26-Jan-03 10:20 AM
40 posts
#14695, "Very well done,"
In response to Reply #3

My first memory of you is coming to the Inn, and you being there. It was before we were in range, and you were playing the drunkard, depressed bard very nicely. And of course, word battles were always fun with you. And I laughed my ass off when you asked to make that deal, 'If you figure out how to remove the curse, you tell me. If I figure it out, I'll tell you.' Of course, Yaofhil had to decline, but I got a kick out of it. Nicely played,

Shil (Guest)Sun 26-Jan-03 03:16 PM

#14694, "RE: (DEL) Mirdulad the Grand Master of Artistry, Burne..."
In response to Reply #3

This was a good one. But who could have guessed... Bad temper, harrassing drow at the inn, pisses everyone off around him...

As a trouper she has to keep up a certain act.. But her agenda is different. Mirdulad dies and Shil has his stuff while enjoying her wine at the inn. Are you sure she's nice?

Mirdulad was no threat to her, so she could afford to mess with his head the way she did. He was a good sideshow. It's fun to watch characters like Mirdulad stirring up a ruckus.

Study hard and Don't destroy too many things.

shokaiSun 26-Jan-03 05:52 PM
519 posts
#14689, "nicely done"
In response to Reply #3

When I first watched you, while snooping one of the many Maran applicants, my thought was 'what a mouthy bitch'. As I continued to watch I ammended that to 'what an amazing well roleplayed mouthy ass'. Since it was then that I figured out that it was the character, and completely not the player. You did well with the whole cursing thing, all in all it was one of the cooler interactions I've had with an evil. The thing that made it better than any other...is you actually backed down lightly, and emoted showing fear when Shokai began showing his anger. All in all, that struck me as pretty realistic....since I don't think any Theran would shrug in the fact of an angry god.

After I realised your roleplay and saw what you were doing, I have to say I enjoyed watching. Good luck with whatever's next.

Mirdulad (Guest)Sun 26-Jan-03 06:28 PM

#14690, "That's because..."
In response to Reply #16

A year or so ago, when I was just learning to RP, the exact same thing happened, almost. I was Duergar, cussing out a Maran, and next thing I know you come swooping down, tell me off, and marked me 'death-marked my the Phoenix'. Basically I kept being stupid, not showing fear etc, you eventually killed me, and I kept going being stupid. Finally you dragged me into that nasty room where you tell cheaters off etc, and told me to calm down. Something like: "You're doing alright, but a God just killed you, and you're still telling them how weak and pathetic they are. What do expect me to do next? Kill you again, and again, maybe deny you?" Ever since then I realized how stupid I was, and have treated Gods, as Gods.

Also, since I'm posting, can I ask what the acceptable level of swearing is? I tended to stick to bloody, damn, curse, flaming, blasted, and wench etc. Sometimes I'd call a woman a bitch, but I felt it was too OOC and didn't really belong in CF. Same with #####, or shite, I never said it because I felt it didn't belong in CF, yet I suppose it could.

shokaiMon 27-Jan-03 01:18 AM
519 posts
#14691, "woo!"
In response to Reply #17

Well, I think you learned the lesson pretty well, my friend. Makes me even more glad I did that. As a general rule I get annoyed with people dissing gods, for whatever reason (or even people who severely outrank them...level 5 warrior talking ##### to the hero in the guild? Bah!). However, there are ways to do it where it adds to the roleplay (albiet never a painless thing to roleplay) which is pretty much what you did with Mirdulad.

As for what level of cursing is appropriate, for decent roleplayers, I'd say go with your gut. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. For the handful of people out there who may not have the ability to discriminate. Stick to what you'd hear in a sort of PG-13esque fantasy movie.

EnbuergoFri 31-Jan-03 11:46 AM
150 posts
#14692, "RE: woo!"
In response to Reply #22

So "Carrion Fields" is akin to a PG-13 fantasy movie. Good lord I thought I'd never see the day.

shokaiFri 31-Jan-03 03:22 PM
519 posts
#14693, "RE: woo!"
In response to Reply #26

Yep that's exactly what I said....since if that's what you read it means that you qualify in the 'unable to discriminate' part of the message. When trying to give blanket advice to everyone I try to play to the lowest denominator. Should you be that...then to you, yes, think of CF as a PG-13 fantasy movie.

Airael (Guest)Sun 26-Jan-03 06:58 PM

#14688, "Heh..."
In response to Reply #3

Kinda knew it was you. Somehow it was a feeling I had. Airael didnt like you one bit but I enjoyed interacting with you. Well played indeed you did a good job of pissing off alot of people (IC always). Have fun and see you in the fields!

Melkorath (Guest)Sun 26-Jan-03 08:13 PM

#14687, "Our run ins."
In response to Reply #3

The first time I fought you, you were with Aginal I think, and I fought you/him and a phantasm... dam that was tough really tough.
Yes I did get slaughtered

A few villagers had said that you were a scion, but I never ever saw you with a nightwalker so I doubted that.

Based on interest and rp reasons(and testing to a lesser extent) I challenged you to a respectfull dual. Frigid dooms through resist cold is just nasty. Tanking as you well knew I had down pat I could tank like a champ, but those fire'n'ices hurt like hell.

After that duel and rp session we had I kept clear from you, and didnt really go after you even if you were nearby. As time went on I saw the tides change and you moved from being in a pretty decent location to shoved right into a crack where you had little room to move.

I think it was then that we grouped up for the first time, fighting common foes. I had basically told those who could harm you in the village that you were to be trusted at all times when I was present and never to be trusted when I wasnt present .

With you backing me up My characters power almost trippled. I was able to casually walse in and fight four special guards, a couple elite battlement guards the enforcer two arbiters and also the target I was after. Dam those fights were spammy but lots and lots of fun.

I very greatfully that I spent some time playing with you because it was immensly enjoyable. It also felt good to be with a person who wasnt trynig to stack me with equipment. I die and die often, I also know that all my character needs is two weapons a boat and a sack full of food and drink. You accepted that and we worked well together.

The last time I travelled with you was really bad, I was running out of time and decided to log in for a brief while, Kul and I grouped up with you and started to fight the 5-10 foes that were running rampage around us. At first we were doing okay then they all started helping each other and that is when it all ground to a halt. Its near impossible to fight nexus, tower, scion and a few lone rangers at the same time.

Dibs off and I hope to see you again soon bud...

Sabrian (Guest)Sun 26-Jan-03 09:09 PM

#14686, "Hah!"
In response to Reply #3

Man was that some fun stuff. You pissed me off, you made me laugh, you pissed me off some more, then I'd just laugh at the totally evil insane acts that you would pull/do. I still think that was BS when narissa woke to impale bleeding. I didn't even get an echo or anything, so I was mid-binding, next thing I know, I'm fiended. Huh. But yeah, fighting you was fun, and yeah, cheapshot with those boots can be brutal, but don't worry, I know all to well about being lazy with fly potions and that stuff. Anyways, enjoyed all our interactions, glad I could say that to you at the end, because yeah, I did enjoy all our dances.

Good luck on the Next,
Sabrian

Esmi (Guest)Tue 28-Jan-03 03:15 AM

#14684, "Sheesh, not even an honorable mention..."
In response to Reply #3

In all the times we fought, I wondered why you didn't try to use sleep more. Once you started trying to use it, our fights got to be a lot more interesting. Of course then you tried it almost exclusively, which was a bit disappointing, but still made the fights that much more dangerous for me. Then it became a matter of "How much damage can I do to you before you can flee and try to sleep me, and can I hit you before you get a chance to sing it".

All in all I enjoyed fighting you, if nothing else you being around always made me watch my back. Good luck with the next.

Mirdulad (Guest)Tue 28-Jan-03 04:08 AM

#14685, "Ah, I knew I'd forget someone"
In response to Reply #23

At first I had no chance of defeating you, two mangles and demo off strike of faith was just too much. Especially since it wasn't affected 'when you don't see me', then I posted it on the bug bored, and it turns out it was a bug, or bad coding or something. Then the fights became a lot more interesting, in fact the skill became almost usless, because the chance of 1 of all 3 of the strikes hitting air was huge. We had some good interactions and fights though, I remember our first in Camalot, that was fun. I think I got you twice, and you got me once, although they all shouldn't count since both times I ganged you, and you killed me with your bugged skill.

Ah well, good luck with Esmi, and don't post IC on the forums so much. It makes you look really bad.

BajulaSat 25-Jan-03 08:16 PM
929 posts
#14698, "RE: (DEL) Mirdulad the Grand Master of Artistry, Burne..."
In response to Reply #0

damn i shoulda summoned faster.
but really i did it at the same time as you yelled about being attacked and it failed none-the-less.
i liked your char, dimion.. well didn't heh.
i still can't believe i killed you and straklaw that time though.,
i'll boggle over that for a while..
i had the adrenaline shaky hands thing going on for a bit after hehe.
wish ya wouldn't have deleted though.
(i wanted to fight a few more times. i'm sure if ya get that sleep thing to hit woulda been a gonner.)

BajulaSat 25-Jan-03 08:35 PM
929 posts
#14699, "RE: (DEL) Mirdulad the Grand Master of Artistry, Burne..."
In response to Reply #1

come to think on it i prolly woulda waited til after the story telling thing and as soon as ya looked like ya might be leaving followed ya out fer a battle, but at least you would have been all healed up and such.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14668 Previous topic | Next topic