Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gaspare Gnazzo the Painted Swind..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127408
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 14-Mar-16 07:04 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16815 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127408, "(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gaspare Gnazzo the Painted Swindler of Death and Hangman's Bane, Emperor of Thera"

Sun Mar 13 12:54:52 2016

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Gaspare perished, never to return.

Race:lich
Class:necromancer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:870

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Hello Gaspare,, Tsunami, 16-Mar-16 02:51 AM, #57
Reply To be fair,, Tsunami, 16-Mar-16 09:09 AM, #60
Reply Wow. Next time try a little RP, dude. n/t, Doof, 15-Mar-16 07:50 PM, #55
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gaspare Gnazzo the Painted S..., Demos, 14-Mar-16 05:27 PM, #39
Reply I hardly knew you, Melissa (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 02:20 PM, #30
Reply i believe lich bonus + phylactery, Dallevian, 14-Mar-16 02:49 PM, #32
Reply "...if this time will be the last", Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:30 PM, #22
Reply Goodbyes, Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:36 PM, #23
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Lathlaeril, 14-Mar-16 01:33 PM, #29
Reply RE: Goodbyes, TJHuron, 14-Mar-16 02:25 PM, #31
Reply Yeah. That was tricky., Raltevio, 14-Mar-16 03:01 PM, #34
     Reply RE: Yeah. That was tricky., TJHuron, 14-Mar-16 10:15 PM, #43
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Dundlin (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 04:29 PM, #37
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Varnon (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 06:58 PM, #40
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Gaspare Gnazzo, 15-Mar-16 03:18 PM, #49
Reply Curiousity: did my presents make it over to you?, Nuerria (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 07:07 PM, #41
Reply They did., Raltevio, 16-Mar-16 04:22 AM, #58
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Imperial Bible Basher (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 09:26 PM, #42
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Aaoltha (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 11:39 PM, #44
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Renize (Anonymous), 15-Mar-16 03:35 AM, #45
Reply Very impressive character, Sanshia (Anonymous), 15-Mar-16 07:35 AM, #46
Reply You clearly held back a lot., Laeden Leech (Anonymous), 15-Mar-16 02:09 PM, #47
Reply Excellent character. , Emnon, 15-Mar-16 06:10 PM, #54
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Caecilius (Anonymous), 16-Mar-16 12:36 AM, #56
Reply Sorry I never got to see the RP...., Bilgritik (Anonymous), 16-Mar-16 06:58 PM, #61
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Lithodora (Anonymous), 16-Mar-16 08:33 PM, #62
Reply I hated you, Adira (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 03:52 PM, #35
Reply RE: I hated you, Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 04:32 PM, #38
Reply If I had a second hat, I would tip that one as well., Gaplemo, 14-Mar-16 04:04 PM, #36
Reply Oh yeah, out of curiousity what were you thinking when ..., KoeKhaos, 16-Mar-16 06:50 AM, #59
Reply Absolutely Top Notch Character, Tanzer (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 08:11 AM, #19
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gaspare Gnazzo the Painted S..., Imperial Bible Basher (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 06:24 AM, #17
Reply As much as I loved the character, Kstatida, 14-Mar-16 01:41 AM, #14
Reply RE: As much as I loved the character, Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:19 PM, #24
     Reply I thought that in terms of character progression, Kstatida, 14-Mar-16 03:00 PM, #33
          Reply Lennon vs. McCartney, Gaspare Gnazzo, 15-Mar-16 03:10 PM, #48
               Reply Grime David Snotman n/t, Homard, 15-Mar-16 03:19 PM, #50
               Reply Ha! n/t, Gaspare Gnazzo, 15-Mar-16 03:20 PM, #51
               Reply I don't know man. Your kill on Gyrdiandaan was pretty ..., TMNS, 15-Mar-16 04:05 PM, #52
               Reply Yeah I get the feeling, Kstatida, 15-Mar-16 05:18 PM, #53
Reply Fantastic all around. Well done, and plz come back. Nt, k-b, 13-Mar-16 08:51 PM, #12
Reply Thanks for making the game better while you were around, Destuvius, 13-Mar-16 06:26 PM, #10
Reply RE: Thanks for making the game better while you were ar..., Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:20 PM, #25
     Reply Certainly, send em at your convenience. nt, Destuvius, 14-Mar-16 01:24 PM, #26
Reply Really enjoyed your RP as Symina and Izana., KoeKhaos, 13-Mar-16 06:16 PM, #9
Reply you seemed very bored of late, Dallevian, 13-Mar-16 06:09 PM, #7
Reply That log would be a fun one., Raltevio, 13-Mar-16 06:15 PM, #8
     Reply log link, Dallevian, 13-Mar-16 07:01 PM, #11
          Reply Yeah.. that was fun to watch., Raltevio, 14-Mar-16 01:06 AM, #13
               Reply He ate a loot but this isn't naked, KaguMaru, 14-Mar-16 04:52 AM, #15
               Reply One of the flaws of Immortals actually being mortal. , Lhydia, 14-Mar-16 05:52 AM, #16
               Reply Where is the like button on this forum? nt, Destuvius, 14-Mar-16 06:25 AM, #18
               Reply Okay., Raltevio, 14-Mar-16 12:11 PM, #21
                    Reply RE: Okay., Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:27 PM, #28
               Reply 1: yes 2: he got everything back, Dallevian, 14-Mar-16 09:03 AM, #20
Reply Awesome. Just awesome. , TMNS, 13-Mar-16 05:36 PM, #6
Reply RE: Awesome. Just awesome. , Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:26 PM, #27
Reply ####. nt, Jeede,. (Anonymous), 13-Mar-16 04:03 PM, #5
Reply Really loved this character., Raltevio, 13-Mar-16 03:00 PM, #4
Reply Did you make an unholy pact with yourself to delete aft..., SPN, 13-Mar-16 01:31 PM, #3
Reply Boo. (nt), Umiron, 13-Mar-16 01:25 PM, #2
Reply <3, Daph-e-dee (Anonymous), 13-Mar-16 01:17 PM, #1

TsunamiWed 16-Mar-16 02:51 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127486, "Hello Gaspare,"
In response to Reply #0

Ahtieli was ten times the Emperor lich you could ever be. Gaspare confirmed: YWWWCF

TsunamiWed 16-Mar-16 09:09 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#127491, "To be fair,"
In response to Reply #57

In the cold hard light of day. I did enjoy our interactions.

I just don't think I should have. CF needs villains. Good day sir.

DoofTue 15-Mar-16 07:50 PM
Member since 03rd Dec 2009
200 posts
#127482, "Wow. Next time try a little RP, dude. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

DemosMon 14-Mar-16 05:27 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
#127450, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gaspare Gnazzo the Painted S..."
In response to Reply #0

Super sad I couldn't interact w you at all as Kolo. I was clearly over matched in every way Lol. But you were cool about it. Glwyn & don't stay away too long haha

Melissa (Anonymous)Mon 14-Mar-16 02:20 PM
Charter member
#127440, "I hardly knew you"
In response to Reply #0

It's been a while since I played but I saw you were getting lots of props on the forums and was curious to see some of your famous RP for myself. Sadly it went from 'take the bloodoath, it'll be fun' to 'c disruption melissa'. And that was almost that, I thought we were moving toward undead rapport late in the day but I could tell your heart wasn't in it - I think I just caught you after you'd already burned out.

As for fighting you, I don't know whether that was a phylactery, or a hell item, or inherent lich voodoo, but I *think* I actually had the edge in a straight disruption duel (you were geared for other things). Then after you would do that thing you did it was just like well this isn't competitive. Also black sect powers gave you the advantage in terms of tactical summoning (you could summon me away from my zombies far more easily than I could summon you to them).

The plan was to keep coming at you (when you didn't have anyone to bash me following a dispel) in the hope that it was a phylac until you had burned through them all but it was never going to be an 'interesting' battle.

On the one hand I'm sort of jealous of phylactery stuff but on the other hand having now experienced vanilla unlife first hand it does seem like overkill to pile extra stuff on top of the basic perks of being undead.

Anyway thanks for deleting I guess, I've had a fun time regathering parts of your set from the mobs.

DallevianMon 14-Mar-16 02:49 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
#127442, "i believe lich bonus + phylactery"
In response to Reply #30

2 things in play

Gaspare GnazzoMon 14-Mar-16 12:54 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2016
54 posts
#127432, ""...if this time will be the last""
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 14-Mar-16 01:30 PM

I think I rolled this character back in May or June 2015 (I don't remember exactly... I've ordered the PBF, so I guess I'll find out soon).

I rolled with two goals in mind: To basically be a Herald-type character in Empire to foster roleplay in a cabal long seen as a cabal for non-roleplayers, and to make a likable villain who would smoothly evolve from a charismatic but tragic, sympathetic victim to a complete and utter selfish monster.

Once I started writing poetry IC, I began enjoying it way more than I had expected to. I put a whole lot of effort into making it decent so that it would stand out from the standard CF poetry, which is objectively odd or, well, bad. I got a lot of compliments on some of my poems, and that always made me way more proud than any PK did.

This is by far my longest-lived character at close to 900 hours, my most successful, and certainly my favorite. He surpassed my wildest expectations and I doubt I’ll ever top him. There were a few things I left hanging, though. Big apologies to Jeede and especially Daphedee.

I did begin to burn out. Things started to feel repetitive. But my Emperor position, and a certain lich mechanic that took a long time to build up, kept me feeling like I really shouldn’t delete. Of course, my last death took the latter out of the equation. I had decided a little while back that I’d just go ahead and delete if I died to anything instead of stagnating into irrelevance and ending up autoing or something in five months. I certainly didn’t expect that death to happen the way it did, but I’m also not really surprised.

And I apologize in advance. I have no logs. My hard drive failed a month or so ago and I logged only one battle since. If you have any, please post them so I can reminisce.

I did my best to be a challenging enemy without ruining anyone’s fun. I did my best to cut novice players a lot of breaks.

If I anathed you, it was only because I thought that there was almost no way to justify not anathing you RP-wise AND either you were good enough to handle it easily or you were literally asking for it.

One more thing: If you want to kill a lich, don’t listen to what people are saying on the forums. They are almost all completely, hilariously wrong. Except for the guy who said the only way to kill a lich is to keep on coming at him (intelligently). That is true.

Feel free to shoot me an email at my fake email address: gasparegnazzo@gmail.com. I’ll probably check it every once in a while for the next month or two as I pester certain Imms about adding a couple more things to the Imperial Hall of the Arts. No, I won’t tell you about phylacteries.

Gaspare GnazzoMon 14-Mar-16 12:57 PM
54 posts
#127433, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #22
Edited on Mon 14-Mar-16 01:36 PM

I know I’ve left out a lot of people, but I’ve written about 2,000 words in these two posts. I think that’s enough for now.

If you reply, I’ll make it a point to respond.

First, to everyone, thank you all for 900 hours of free fun. I was floored and amazingly grateful when I won the favorite character challenge early on in this character's life. I always tried to live up to it.

**Immortals**
Thank you all so much for everything you do, and everything you did, behind the scenes and out front.

Raltevio: The single most amazing immortal to interact with in my many years of playing CF on and off. You read my role and brought it to life, and you pulled other characters into my story in the most amazing ways. It was completely inspirational and caused me to pour a lot more heart into Gaspare. This character probably would never have made it past 200 hours if not for you. I saw you putting a lot of effort into helping other characters bring their roles to life in an incredibly personal way, as well. Tons of respect to you - you’re quick, creative and just plain great, and you’re bringing people a lot of joy and CF magic. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope you stick around.

Destuvius: Getting the chance to build the Imperial Hall of the Arts was a huge highlight of this character’s life (and my whole CF “career”). You went way above and beyond in making that happen, and I’m incredibly grateful for the time and effort you invested. You also did a great job of making sure Gaspare knew his place with menacing comments. Thanks for everything!

Umi: Boo yourself And thanks for whatever you did behind the scenes, most notably keeping this rickety old thing running.

Scarabaeus: Always loved our chats. I’m sorry that I didn’t stick around to follow up on our last ones.

Emnon: We had some fun interactions. You're crazy cool. That last proposition had zero chance of happening -- I couldn't bring myself to do that, you sick bastard.

**Empire**
I expected to get Anathed or picked on in Empire from the start. I actually had a back-up plan to gun for a spot in Herald if I got booted from Empire. Instead, by some fluke and other peoples’ failed intrigue, I ended up becoming Emperor in less than 200 hours. But lately I started to feel like I was hogging the throne and causing some stagnation in the cabal. I can’t wait to see who wins the upcoming vote!

Caecilius: We had a great relationship. I won’t say much because you’re still around, but I was never sure if you were the most dangerous, weasley, double-crossing bastard in all of Thera or the most useful, loyal “Legate” an Emperor could ever hope for. Maybe both? I’ve never seen or even heard of a better Shadow Lord. Top notch.

Golthazar: Best recruit ever. Again, I don’t want to say too much because you’re still around and there’s undoubtedly politicking to be done, but I really, really enjoyed running with you. Incredibly competent warrior, amazingly knowledgeable about areas and history, and great roleplay. Also top notch.

Zalgordrax: I really, really liked Zalgordrax. Great roleplay, very skilled. When the coup attempt began, I immediately figured it was you for numerous reasons, and plenty of people ratted you out. But I really didn’t want to anath you. I finally did, though, once too many things started to pile up. I figured that, with all the aggressive schemes you had running, and all the fine lines you were walking, you knew it was a risk or even an inevitability. I wished you would have stuck it out after the anathematization. I knew I never would have gotten you again, and I would have enjoyed the rivalry.

Abelmon: I also really liked Abelmon. Really, most of what I wrote about Zalg applied to Abelmon, too. The anathematization issue here was different, though. You hit a rager in Hamsah in violation of Imperial Law, so I demoted you on the spot. I decided I’d let that stand for a few days and I’d restore you to Dread Lord. No joke - we were literally on our way back to the Palace where I was going to chat with you and then promote you back to Dread Lord when you broke the law in Galadon again, right in front of me, and then tried to argue that what you did was OK. You were very competent, so I didn’t feel like anathing you would be totally picking on you. In fact, I figured it would probably allow you to build your unholy even better. Afterward, I was constantly worried that you'd try to cleave me, but you never did.

Calcabrizzo: Great healer, and outstanding roleplay. Your narration through the Inferno was amazing and totally added to the atmosphere -- and that’s not easy to do in Hell.

Revax: I loved your roleplay, too. Very competent and impressive hell leader. I wish you would have stuck around. We really could have made history.

**Herald**
Daphedee: It was fun being a melodramatic sociopath with you for a while! You were the single most influential character in Gaspare’s life, and not sticking around for your age death is my single biggest regret for this character. Your roleplay was absolutely amazing. Chatting with you helped me flesh out and add depth to this character’s roleplay unlike any character I’ve ever had before. I ended up dreaming up conversations and interactions to have with you while I was driving or when I should have been working. We had such a weird, enjoyable dynamic. If I logged on and you weren’t around, I immediately felt disappointed every time. Thank you so much! I think that right about now, Gaspare is traipsing about the Inferno, the Negative Plane or the Shadow Plane, periodically watching Daphedee from dark places between worlds. He’s probably hoping that her wandering soul will one day find him -- or maybe he’s waiting for her to die so he can jump out and snatch her soul!

Olorqualn: I may owe my lich quest success to you. Thanks!

Whildur: I really felt bad sacrificing you in Hell, but I felt like it suited your hilarious roleplay. Besides, you probably would have died on the 9th Circle anyway.

Renize: Thanks for the face! That was one of my favorite and most novel experiences. I really wish the wanted flag didn’t keep me from the Inn - we would have talked a lot more.

**Tribunal**
Laeden: Good job on sticking to your guns. I got the impression that I was causing you heartburn, though.

Wiglaf: Ugh, I totally didn’t even see you.

**Outlander**
Tanzer: Loved interacting with you. You’re kind of hilarious, and I enjoyed knowing you were watching me from above, waiting to swoop in at a moment of weakness.

Bethanny: You were really bizarre. I really enjoyed performing that fake ritual over you in Ralt’s shrine. Gaspare knew you were insane (I tried to hint that to you) but performed a placebo exorcism of your doll to see how you’d react. You and that one life’s champion shaman, plus your crew, were a thorn in my side for a while. But up until that point, I had trouble amassing more than a few phylacteries at a time before I’d use them up or they’d crumble. All those brawls with you guys got the snowball rolling.

Dionis: You were also really bizarre. I got a kick out of your refusal to acknowledge that Gaspare was undead. It was pretty hilarious.

**Battle**
Grimghal: I absolutely loved your roleplay and your guts. You were incredibly skilled. You and that svirf, was it Shravthar?, were the only two who would consistently bring the fight to me. Thank you a ton for that. My last death was anti-climactic… I absolutely had to go AFK suddenly for about 30 seconds. I got back right in time to see the last two rounds. This is not meant to take away from your victory, though -- I went AFK often and usually nobody ever bothered me because they were wussies. I got bored and complacent. You were courageous and fun-loving enough to constantly be aggressive. There were plenty of times I *could* have been killed, but nobody had the stones to do it. Except you. I hope you didn’t feel bad when you saw the rage-delete echo - there was no rage, only relief. Thanks for being a great enemy. Nothing but props and admiration to you.

Melnoch/Bicthel(?) Man, I took a bunch of precautions to make sure that double-cranial situation would never repeat. That was just plain nasty. If it makes you feel better, I only had like five phylacteries in my robe at the time, so getting the ones in the girdle sac’d really stung. When I got you both on Eastern right after I unghosted

**Scarab**
Jeede: Man, I’m sorry. I really wanted to see our plan to fruition, but I had a hard time lining things up time-wise and I just got impatient. You’re a great roleplayer, and tough as nails.

**Nexus**
Parandalia: We had some great times and fun fights. Thanks!

Dundlin: Maaan, I liked you so much! Wish I saw more of you.

Again, if you're not listed, it isn't because I don't love you. Please respond, and post logs - RP, PK, OOC meltdowns, whatever - if you can, since I have (almost) none.

Thanks!

LathlaerilMon 14-Mar-16 01:33 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2015
83 posts
#127439, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #23

The game is a better place when there is a Big Bad running around and you did a stunning job at it.

Our play times didn't frequently mesh but I had attempted to offer a fight every opportunity I had. I am sure they were not as thrilling for you as there was hardly any risk on your side, but on the other end, I always had a blast and for that I thank you.

TJHuronMon 14-Mar-16 02:25 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127441, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #23

Hey man, congratulations on such a great character.

I got to interact with you over 2 characters and while the first time the interaction was pretty limited the second character was quite amazing.

The first character was with Aufang. This was pre-lich, and while we didn't have too much interaction, there was one instance that stood out. You were RP'ing with Raltevio (I had to assume it was him since you followed him and he was in control of a mob) and I watched the whole thing from the shadows while I stalked you, as order or something was tipping. The whole RP stuff was super entertaining and I kind of felt a little guilty about stalking you through the whole thing. This occurred in Tir-Talath, so I let you finish before attacking you on eastern road. I don't think you were entirely finished with the whole ordeal but you took the PK in stride. You were probably within your right to flip out on me but you didn't. I wasn't trying to ruin your day, I did not know you were still accomplishing whatever, but, it definitely could have been taken that way.

The next character was with Terxaxous. You went out of your way to RP with me, and it seemed even more so to give me fights. I knew that you could have probably put together a full hasted army and kicked my ass everytime but you made it sporting. I loved our fights, whether I had a chance or not. I was just hoping that one of those times I might get ridiculously lucky. Thanks for all those fights and the RP, especially in Raltevio's shrine. It seemed odd for an elven rager to be speaking to a Lich on such a level but that was about the one place we could get away with it.

RaltevioMon 14-Mar-16 03:01 PM
Member since 07th Jul 2015
134 posts
#127444, "Yeah. That was tricky."
In response to Reply #31
Edited on Mon 14-Mar-16 03:01 PM

I knew Aufang was slinking around, but I don't like interfering directly in PvP stuff, especially if I am not directly involved in character.

Felt pretty bad for that one, but I think Gaspare got some additional pity ImmXp for having to eat a death.

Edit: Ah well, good times.

TJHuronMon 14-Mar-16 10:15 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127456, "RE: Yeah. That was tricky."
In response to Reply #34

Yeah I figured I had you in an awkward position. Although in my defense I thought it was all done when he left and went running off. Turns out I think he was just going somewhere else to continue the RP.

Thanks for not smacking me down for that and making it more worth his while. It was really entertaining to witness too by the way. I actually kind of figured you would just tip him off to my presence and if I recall accurately that worry was enhanced when I think he slept some farmer mob and plagued it. I stopped standing as much in the room after that and missed what was probably a really good finale and maybe the tip off that this session wasn't quite over yet.

Dundlin (Anonymous)Mon 14-Mar-16 04:29 PM
Charter member
#127448, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #23

You are one of the reasons that I had so much fun with Dundlin and lasted as long as I did. Definitely some of the best RP. Sorry I wasn't more use finding that one thing but hey, I tried! I wish we had been able to interact more as well, but my play times started dropping and a lot of the time when we were both on of course the balance would sway against you. I'm still up 2 to 1 on you thanks to that AP sending me home outside of town! Mostly from your own mercy to be sure. I'm taking a break for a while but if I do consider coming back, characters like yours will be a big reason why. Thanks for the fun.

Varnon (Anonymous)Mon 14-Mar-16 06:58 PM
Charter member
#127452, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #23

Great great character. I should have had you so many times before you liched. So sad I never got you.

I knew you were special when I heard you read that poem and you got your tattoo.

Hopefully you come back with something cool.

GLWYN

Varnon

P.S. Your roleplay is so good. I feel bad about mine. I guess you make us all step up our game.

Gaspare GnazzoTue 15-Mar-16 03:18 PM
54 posts
#127472, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #40

You were a great enemy! Our times didn't match up super often, I don't think, but it was fun when they did.

Were you the one that I had a drink with in Hamsah as a mortal? I think there were a bunch of Tribs like right on top of us, so we weren't going to fight, and so we had a drink and an uneasy chat. Maybe that was another awesome dwarf rager.

Nuerria (Anonymous)Mon 14-Mar-16 07:07 PM
Charter member
#127453, "Curiousity: did my presents make it over to you?"
In response to Reply #23

I was so disappointed that wanted people can't come into the inn that time to present my gifts in person... I had an imm do it, did they make it to you and what was their fate? Anyone do any RP around it? For reference, here's my role entry about it:

---
The ceremony at the inn was set, and the newest successor to
the meaningless throne was to be coronated and celebrated.

It was only fitting to present him with gifts of my own.
The Essense of Shadow itself, the Thin Sliver of Onyx,
the power of which, enchanted by the Body of a child in a
form of a Decorated Skull, will slowly suck his soul into
the Cloudy Soul Shard, unknown to him, but unevitably.

And when the time comes for him to leave his mortal shell behind,
there will be nothing of his soul left to transcend to the
Unlife, thus leaving only an empty husk behind.

The Shadow will subsume his being, as many before them.

RaltevioWed 16-Mar-16 04:20 AM
134 posts
#127487, "They did."
In response to Reply #41
Edited on Wed 16-Mar-16 04:22 AM

I also believe I still have many of the art pieces from that Inn event.

Edit: I also have pieces from Izana, Terxaxous, Arden, Xoog etc. Basically I am a giant repository for player made things.

Imperial Bible Basher (Anonymous)Mon 14-Mar-16 09:26 PM
Charter member
#127454, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #23

I had forgotten that I helped you out with your items as Olo. 100% sure you would have got them without my help but I suppose I did speed up the process.

I gave Zorszaul his last lich quest item that I *could* have held on to forever and I gave you an item or two ... and that's not where the comparisons end between you and him. On a side note; I knew when Soelela went for mummification that he had the wrong item but he seemed in a rush so I didn't get too vocal about it (plus Soelela's final words before the process were hilariously casual).

Thanks for actually paying attention to the Inferno narration. It was far more rushed than I had hoped.

Olorqualn/Calcabrizzo

Aaoltha (Anonymous)Mon 14-Mar-16 11:39 PM
Charter member
#127458, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #23

You were great from the beginning, and having interacted with you with more than this character in empire, I was constantly impressed and enjoyed our time together. WEll done on an amazing character.

Renize (Anonymous)Tue 15-Mar-16 03:35 AM
Charter member
#127461, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #23

After reading your role (and weeping), all I can say about the face is: guess I nailed it.

Definitely very memorable interactions with you, if very few. Nevertheless, lots of fun, certainly an influence on Renize in an often roundabout way, and 10/10 would carve/enamel skull again.

Sanshia (Anonymous)Tue 15-Mar-16 07:35 AM
Charter member
#127462, "Very impressive character"
In response to Reply #23

Being a bard with next to nothing for mana reserves made me really hate fighting you, since one scourge was about all it took to win. Though I also realized you could absorb every thing I could throw at you even if you didn't scourge me without trying.

I have to say, watching you steam roll the fort, pretty much at will, was always fun even if I was on the side getting stomped. Was a little frustrating at times, watching the paladins just basically suicide on you though.

Between you, Golthazar and Caecilius, the empire was as tough a group to fight as I have seen since Ahtiehli. Maybe more so.

Was surprised you didn't self-anath, so you could start killing people everywhere.

Well done on a very memorable character.

Laeden Leech (Anonymous)Tue 15-Mar-16 02:09 PM
Charter member
#127468, "You clearly held back a lot."
In response to Reply #23

That I was able to fight you at all was purely because you didn't use your killing abilities. Basically you were just swatting me out of the way without trying to kill me.

I'd name so many ways you could screw me over but you didn't bother.

Unfortunately, I play to win and I always expect others to play to win, too. If I see people holding back, my first assumption is it's a ruse to get me in over my head. So yes, extreme caution was still the way to go.

No heartburn though; you gave me a perfect excuse to murder low-hanging fruit imperials all over

EmnonTue 15-Mar-16 06:08 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2015
71 posts
#127480, "Excellent character. "
In response to Reply #23
Edited on Tue 15-Mar-16 06:10 PM

I enjoyed Gaspare a lot and found myself
watching you whenever I got the chance. I enjoyed the whole playing up to Emnon's ego
thing and demanding the sect leaders to pay
tribute. Even though I'm pretty sure you knew
I probably put an offer on the table to
Zalgordrax to usurp your rule. Well played.
On the whole proposition thing. I was
soooooooooo hoping you would take me up on
that sick offer. It would of made that
"dynamic" oh so more interesting afterwards.

Emnon

Caecilius (Anonymous)Wed 16-Mar-16 12:36 AM
Charter member
#127484, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #23

I can do both. And thanks, buddy.

I felt we had a similar mentality, the whole "I'm not evil" but played in drastically different ways. Yin to my yang in many ways I thought.

Really enjoyed our time together, from the event when you were level 30's on I had a bead on you. Enjoyed the election where you were honest and... I told everyone else 'if you throw your vote away on him, and he wins...you're not going to like it'. As we discussed, pre lich, I had the impression your chances were sky high to become given the quality of the char, the tat, leader slot, etc. I was sincere in that if you died, I would happily try to slip right in to that seat, and if you didn't, you'd be powerful enough to make it worth my while not to even TRY to usurp you just for the fun of it. That said, I was also sincere that if I got the impression you were slipping an inch I would be doing my best to torpedo you. Had you kept asking my advice (the "what would you do" sort of questions) I would have taken that right to anyone who would listen in an effort to do just that. But other than that, you didn't walk that line at all, and just destroyed everyone with a casual ease that was frightening. That last one with Worthag... "Do you actually want to kill him?" accurately stated as if you were asking if you should step on a bug, and the dude is the chieftain... Five 55+ ghouls and a 51 ghoul is really really not pleasant to think about fighting also.. Among the myriad other horrible things liches do... anyway great, great great character, and I'm sad your gone. For a guy who claimed not to want the seat, you sure filled it well.

Favorite and most ironic quote of Gaspare Gnazzo:

"I am not interested in politics."

....he said as he won the election for emperor 700 hours prior...
l-o-frickin-l

Let's do this again some time, yeah? Yeah.

Bilgritik (Anonymous)Wed 16-Mar-16 06:58 PM
Charter member
#127498, "Sorry I never got to see the RP...."
In response to Reply #23

Cause as a dwarf and an outlander I just wanted to bury your bones once and for all. I didn't have the time to stop and RP... But alas, the only good that came of it was me dying twice. I had ran you off a couple of times, and you seemed to learn that an huge army meant nothing to me really quick like, so it was back to the ol sleep an spell em up game for me.

I was really jonesing to give it another go with some new presents, but alas it was not meant to be.

I appreciate the impact your RP had on the whole world, as it seemed I was (and still am...) constantly talking about the shadow of your presence with folks. Your game-wide impact will be missed. GLWYN.

-Bil

Lithodora (Anonymous)Wed 16-Mar-16 08:33 PM
Charter member
#127499, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #23

Thumbs up.

So sad I failed to kill you in Udgaard that one time pre-Lich pre-Emperor. I think if it hadn't taken me so long to find you I might have succeeded. Lack of area knowledge FTL.

Adira (Anonymous)Mon 14-Mar-16 03:52 PM
Charter member
#127446, "I hated you"
In response to Reply #22

I hated you because I could not kill you.

I hated you more, because "good" aligned players would kiss your ass, and this felt really broken and wrong to me.

I hated you because you used tribunal to raid the tree, while sitting camo'ed (because of stupid rangers suiciding on you) waiting for me to pop out of duo (where you could see me), and then came to me while I was camo'ed (where you could see me), and casted two spells to kill me.

I hated you because you then proceeded to walk past all the aggro undead that I died behind, and loot my corpse after I died to a teleport.

I hated you because you never went after Sodsob and duked it out in a battle royale.

I hated you because your name started with a "G", and you did something really cool like the Imperial Hall of Arts (P.S. I've never played an Imperial - ever (I think)).

But really, great character! GLWYN - if there is one.

Gaspare GnazzoMon 14-Mar-16 04:32 PM
54 posts
#127449, "RE: I hated you"
In response to Reply #35

I hated you for hoarding my easy barrier source.

I hated you for talking smack and never coming out of duo so I could kill you.

I hated you so much that I had to devise an evil plan to out-stealth you in order to get you.

Yeah, I did loot you a little. But for two reasons: First, you had some really, really great gear and I knew I would never have another chance at you. Second, you were so good that I knew that the few things I kept would barely faze you.

Gaspare wasn't about discouraging goodie characters from loving on him. He encouraged and facilitated it. He was the more insidious type of evil - he didn't even truly realize that he was evil until the end, when he began to embrace it. I figured that if the goodies wanted to be all nice to me, I'll leave it up to the Imms to smack them.

That said, I would sometimes twist the knife a bit and talk flippantly about awful things Gaspare did in front of goodies, then offer weak justifications/rationalizations for them.

Anyway, back to Adira - I loved Adira and got a great creepy vibe from her even though there wasn't much you could do to me. I heard a lot about you, too. People were afraid of you and mad at you all the time.

Thanks for the fun!

GaplemoMon 14-Mar-16 04:04 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
618 posts
#127447, "If I had a second hat, I would tip that one as well."
In response to Reply #22

You were simply one of the best characters I have ever been around in my time in cf. I literally jumped out of my chair cheering for you at times. You made me long to play another lich.

Only emperor I have ever played in Empire under that I would have been loyal to till the bitter end.

Hell was fun man, and so was getting to be so close to you man for the time it lasted. You are like a magnet of coolness and fun dude.

KoeKhaosWed 16-Mar-16 06:50 AM
400 posts
#127489, "Oh yeah, out of curiousity what were you thinking when ..."
In response to Reply #22

That was a pretty cool task Raltevio set me up to. Oh, and did the second part of my fountain as Symina ever get approved?

Tanzer (Anonymous)Mon 14-Mar-16 08:11 AM
Charter member
#127429, "Absolutely Top Notch Character"
In response to Reply #0

I hadn't been playing, so when I came up with the notion of a Raltevio Reaver I had no idea that there was already a Troupe-y Lich running around.

I'm very pleased that the connection allowed us to interact the way we did have to once again say that you were among the finest characters I've ever had the pleasure of interacting with in this game.

Whatever "it" is when it comes to CF, you've got it.

Imperial Bible Basher (Anonymous)Mon 14-Mar-16 06:24 AM
Charter member
#127427, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gaspare Gnazzo the Painted S..."
In response to Reply #0

We shared a love of exploration. It is a shame the stars did not align more than that one magnificent time.

I would have liked testing ourselves in another place but you seemed reluctant, which was reasonable given your position.

GLYWN

KstatidaMon 14-Mar-16 01:41 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127424, "As much as I loved the character"
In response to Reply #0

The end is disappointing.

Gaspare GnazzoMon 14-Mar-16 01:19 PM
54 posts
#127434, "RE: As much as I loved the character"
In response to Reply #14

Yeah, but it wasn't like I was going to con die or age die.

KstatidaMon 14-Mar-16 03:00 PM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127443, "I thought that in terms of character progression"
In response to Reply #24

joining Scarab or clanless Anathema would've been a blast. And I'm certain that whomever became Emperor would've definitely brought the fight back to you. So that would've been very entertaining for all the parties.

Being Emperor Lich is one thing, being a lich stacked with phylacs and hunted by all including Empire - is a whole another story. I was looking forward to it.

Anyway, a great character, I've totally enjoyed all the RP and fights (both with and against you) across several characters.

Gaspare GnazzoTue 15-Mar-16 03:10 PM
54 posts
#127471, "Lennon vs. McCartney"
In response to Reply #33

Yeah, that was actually the plan - to make a dramatic exit to Scarab. That idea sounded really fun to me, too. But then I started working toward it and just plain ran out of steam. Toward the end, even PKing wasn't really very fun anymore.

Liches are really strong and they have a bunch of tools to keep them alive. But still, PKing with one all boils down to the same couple of strategies that I'd used over and over for about nine months of playing CF almost every day. More people to PK didn't seem particularly attractive.

The Anath/Scarab path probably would have been way cooler and more fun than just deleting. But ultimately, I'm the guy who would have had to spend hundreds of hours doing it and I just didn't want to anymore. I really do wish I could have rallied, but I was done. I just didn't like talking to people as Gaspare anymore. It felt forced, rather than fun. That would have ultimately spoiled the character far worse than a sudden deletion.

In other words, I decided Gaspare deserved to go the Lennon route rather than the McCartney one.

HomardTue 15-Mar-16 03:19 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#127473, "Grime David Snotman n/t"
In response to Reply #48

n/t

Gaspare GnazzoTue 15-Mar-16 03:20 PM
54 posts
#127474, "Ha! n/t"
In response to Reply #50

nt

TMNSTue 15-Mar-16 04:05 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#127475, "I don't know man. Your kill on Gyrdiandaan was pretty ..."
In response to Reply #48

One of the coolest PKs on one of my characters in a while.

One of the few times also, where I almost wanted to clap at someone else's performance.

Then again, that was in November...so I feel ya.

KstatidaTue 15-Mar-16 05:18 PM
2214 posts
#127479, "Yeah I get the feeling"
In response to Reply #48

Anyway, best of luck to you. You've got your FCC reward for a reason.

k-bSun 13-Mar-16 08:51 PM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
#127422, "Fantastic all around. Well done, and plz come back. Nt"
In response to Reply #0

Nt

DestuviusSun 13-Mar-16 06:26 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#127420, "Thanks for making the game better while you were around"
In response to Reply #0

I hope you enjoyed getting the Hall of Arts from dream to reality.

Gaspare GnazzoMon 14-Mar-16 01:20 PM
54 posts
#127435, "RE: Thanks for making the game better while you were ar..."
In response to Reply #10

I loved it. Thank you so much! Finally, I have a character with a legacy.

I'll send you another email or two with some additions, if you'd allow it.

DestuviusMon 14-Mar-16 01:24 PM
1012 posts
#127436, "Certainly, send em at your convenience. nt"
In response to Reply #25

nt

KoeKhaosSun 13-Mar-16 06:15 PM
400 posts
#127419, "Really enjoyed your RP as Symina and Izana."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 13-Mar-16 06:16 PM

Thanks for making the fountain happen, I did get a chance to run in and see it before I deleted. And sorry Symina was an idiot my first time ever going past the second circle of Hell! Was a real bummer for me.

DallevianSun 13-Mar-16 06:09 PM
1618 posts
#127417, "you seemed very bored of late"
In response to Reply #0

by the lack of anybody mounting attacks or defenses against you. it seemed every villager, fortress, and outlander would rather log off or go out of their way to avoid you except maybe 2, grim and shrav.

i'm glad selionar was willing to take it to you though, that was basically what sealed the deal for me and melnoch to bring you down way back.

anyway, you were an amazing 5th age character and extremely notable in the 20+ years of CF. way to go, loved talking to you, and way to bring the fun and arpee every chance you got.

so dangerous, so prepared, and so on top of his game. kudos.

RaltevioSun 13-Mar-16 06:15 PM
134 posts
#127418, "That log would be a fun one."
In response to Reply #7

Selionar, Melnoch and your character, followed by Gaspare taking the fight back to you guys less than 30 minutes later.

DallevianSun 13-Mar-16 07:01 PM
1618 posts
#127421, "log link"
In response to Reply #8

i don't have the part of him whooping us on eastern after he unghosted. he did that without zombies. beat us like fools

but here's the death. hopefully he or grimghal later post the second one.

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,1071081,1071081#msg-1071081

RaltevioMon 14-Mar-16 01:06 AM
134 posts
#127423, "Yeah.. that was fun to watch."
In response to Reply #11

(I was watching the entire battle- wish I'd logged it myself.)

Two things stick out in my mind from that encounter:
1. Cranial can be brutal.
2. Gaspare's player can kill people naked with a high degree of competence if they have a lich.

KaguMaruMon 14-Mar-16 04:52 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#127425, "He ate a loot but this isn't naked"
In response to Reply #13

Gaspare gets a strange black opal from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets a sleek black rod from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets a well-worn lucky coin from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets a pair of crystal boots from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets a shield of blackest pitch from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets the blademaster's gloves from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets the Bracelet of Longevity from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets a sleek sienna rod from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets an oval lapis phylactery from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets a hoop of runed copper from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets a hoop of runed copper from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets a sleek amber rod from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets the Dark Crown of Eldritch Power from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets the embalmed head of a Gadian Knight from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets the embalmed head of a Basilica guard from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets the embalmed guts of a Basilica guard from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets a vibrant jade phylactery from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets a sleek silver staff from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets the embalmed hands of a young cloud giant from the corpse of Gaspare.
Gaspare gets the embalmed arm of the old dwarf from the corpse of Gaspare.

Melnoch gives a sash of black gauze to Gaspare.

Melnoch gives a pair of crystal leg-guards to Gaspare.

Most players would still envy what's left of that set

LhydiaMon 14-Mar-16 05:52 AM
2379 posts
#127426, "One of the flaws of Immortals actually being mortal. "
In response to Reply #15

They misremember #### all the time or even interpret what actually happened wrong and report it in peoples comments.

See most comments from Destuvius. >=)

DestuviusMon 14-Mar-16 06:25 AM
1012 posts
#127428, "Where is the like button on this forum? nt"
In response to Reply #16

nt

RaltevioMon 14-Mar-16 12:11 PM
134 posts
#127431, "Okay."
In response to Reply #15

Half naked, plus or minus a few pieces. Is that more accurate?

By the way, I took no issue with the generally looting- at that stage he had a sweet set. It was Eastern Road smackdown under 20 minutes later that made the whole thing memorable.

Gaspare GnazzoMon 14-Mar-16 01:27 PM
54 posts
#127438, "RE: Okay."
In response to Reply #21

Actually, it was about 23 minutes later.

DallevianMon 14-Mar-16 09:03 AM
1618 posts
#127430, "1: yes 2: he got everything back"
In response to Reply #13

i think i sac'd 5 phylacteries that were in his sack (having accidentally dropped the robe). but other than that he was rocking and rolling

although, he could have killed us butt nekkid : )

TMNSSun 13-Mar-16 05:36 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#127416, "Awesome. Just awesome. "
In response to Reply #0

Not sure if that last death was it (or if you were just starting to get bored and were looking for a way out) but I'm sad I deleted and didn't further our plans for the "New" Tribunal.

Also, not sure if this who I think it is, but if it is, would you consider this character your biggest success?

Anywhoo, great, great job. Really added an atmosphere to the game and I'd argue the current crop of stellar characters were all rolled to interact with YOU.

Gaspare GnazzoMon 14-Mar-16 01:26 PM
54 posts
#127437, "RE: Awesome. Just awesome. "
In response to Reply #6

I am whoever you say I am. If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?

But seriously, thanks for the kind words. I've never played a character that had so many amazing interactions, and I don't know that I brought the l33t arpee out in others as much as they brought it out in me.

I have no idea who you think I am, and I'm not sure I'm someone that anyone would typically guess for any character. This was probably my most outgoing, RP-centric character, and it was certainly my most notable and most successful.

Jeede,. (Anonymous)Sun 13-Mar-16 04:03 PM
Charter member
#127415, "####. nt"
In response to Reply #0

RaltevioSun 13-Mar-16 03:00 PM
134 posts
#127414, "Really loved this character."
In response to Reply #0

A lot. Absolutely 100% top notch.

You did a great job managing to meld Necro RP with my religion, the role was well written. Overall I think you were a positive for more or less everyone that you came into contact with IC.

I regret not being able to keep things fun/entertaining for you as the character progressed. I did try to spark some interest for you recently, but it's very difficult with my hours right now.

Take it easy. GLWYN.

SPNSun 13-Mar-16 01:31 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#127411, "Did you make an unholy pact with yourself to delete aft..."
In response to Reply #0

Or were the repercussions of your death so bad you didn't want to have to claw your way back?

UmironSun 13-Mar-16 01:25 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
#127410, "Boo. (nt)"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Daph-e-dee (Anonymous)Sun 13-Mar-16 01:17 PM
Charter member
#127409, "<3"
In response to Reply #0

“We are imperfect mortal beings, aware of that mortality even as we push it away,
failed by our very complication, so wired that when we mourn our losses we also
mourn, for better or for worse, ourselves. As we were. As we are no longer. As we
will one day not be at all.”

― Joan Didion, The Year of Magical Thinking

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127408 Previous topic | Next topic