Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject"...if this time will be the last"
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127408&mesg_id=127432
127432, "...if this time will be the last"
Posted by Gaspare Gnazzo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I rolled this character back in May or June 2015 (I don't remember exactly... I've ordered the PBF, so I guess I'll find out soon).

I rolled with two goals in mind: To basically be a Herald-type character in Empire to foster roleplay in a cabal long seen as a cabal for non-roleplayers, and to make a likable villain who would smoothly evolve from a charismatic but tragic, sympathetic victim to a complete and utter selfish monster.

Once I started writing poetry IC, I began enjoying it way more than I had expected to. I put a whole lot of effort into making it decent so that it would stand out from the standard CF poetry, which is objectively odd or, well, bad. I got a lot of compliments on some of my poems, and that always made me way more proud than any PK did.

This is by far my longest-lived character at close to 900 hours, my most successful, and certainly my favorite. He surpassed my wildest expectations and I doubt I’ll ever top him. There were a few things I left hanging, though. Big apologies to Jeede and especially Daphedee.

I did begin to burn out. Things started to feel repetitive. But my Emperor position, and a certain lich mechanic that took a long time to build up, kept me feeling like I really shouldn’t delete. Of course, my last death took the latter out of the equation. I had decided a little while back that I’d just go ahead and delete if I died to anything instead of stagnating into irrelevance and ending up autoing or something in five months. I certainly didn’t expect that death to happen the way it did, but I’m also not really surprised.

And I apologize in advance. I have no logs. My hard drive failed a month or so ago and I logged only one battle since. If you have any, please post them so I can reminisce.

I did my best to be a challenging enemy without ruining anyone’s fun. I did my best to cut novice players a lot of breaks.

If I anathed you, it was only because I thought that there was almost no way to justify not anathing you RP-wise AND either you were good enough to handle it easily or you were literally asking for it.

One more thing: If you want to kill a lich, don’t listen to what people are saying on the forums. They are almost all completely, hilariously wrong. Except for the guy who said the only way to kill a lich is to keep on coming at him (intelligently). That is true.

Feel free to shoot me an email at my fake email address: gasparegnazzo@gmail.com. I’ll probably check it every once in a while for the next month or two as I pester certain Imms about adding a couple more things to the Imperial Hall of the Arts. No, I won’t tell you about phylacteries.