Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectLennon vs. McCartney
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=127408&mesg_id=127471
127471, Lennon vs. McCartney
Posted by Gaspare Gnazzo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, that was actually the plan - to make a dramatic exit to Scarab. That idea sounded really fun to me, too. But then I started working toward it and just plain ran out of steam. Toward the end, even PKing wasn't really very fun anymore.

Liches are really strong and they have a bunch of tools to keep them alive. But still, PKing with one all boils down to the same couple of strategies that I'd used over and over for about nine months of playing CF almost every day. More people to PK didn't seem particularly attractive.

The Anath/Scarab path probably would have been way cooler and more fun than just deleting. But ultimately, I'm the guy who would have had to spend hundreds of hours doing it and I just didn't want to anymore. I really do wish I could have rallied, but I was done. I just didn't like talking to people as Gaspare anymore. It felt forced, rather than fun. That would have ultimately spoiled the character far worse than a sudden deletion.

In other words, I decided Gaspare deserved to go the Lennon route rather than the McCartney one.