Subject: "RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not really Omnipotent!'" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #39044
Show all folders

BaronMySoul (inactive user)Mon 18-Jul-11 03:59 PM
Charter member
#39061, "RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not really Omnipotent!'"

>If I'm impressed and need to give you something that I've
>already picked out (immortal experience, a title, more
>empowerment juice, general 'attaboy!" peptalk, etc.) I have
>plenty of options. I can get one of my imm buds to pull the
>strings for me or I can leave you a detailed note (and we have
>even more toys in our "note" toolbox than we used to.)

Hon, you and the immstaff are limiting yourself here in this respect. You could do amazing things (Inception-style) automatically that would blow the mind of the player. Like, the next time they log in *and* go to sleep, start a dream sequence. Make it so they can't wake up and are "protected by an unseen force" and/or give a custom description to let players around them know something special is happening just to that player. If the note structure for 2.4 is *anything* like 2.3, then the coding shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.

But I digress. Just trying to say there's no need for you to get other imms to pull strings for you when you're not around, and this would add amazing flavor to the empowerment classes. One of the things that keeps me from playing empowerment characters is that I hate to pray for hours on end with 0 interaction. It's happened plenty of times before. However, if there was something in place that would ease the kind of frustration mentioned by the original poster, all that would do is enrich CF.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIMMproved communication - 'We know you're not really Om... [View all] , Abernyte, Mon 18-Jul-11 03:15 AM
Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., ordasen, 18-Jul-11 10:05 PM, #14
Reply On Gods and Ominpotence, dalneko, 18-Jul-11 05:57 PM, #12
Reply That's how I see them too, Tsunami, 18-Jul-11 07:47 PM, #13
Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., Cyradia, 18-Jul-11 03:14 PM, #9
Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 18-Jul-11 03:59 PM #10
     Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., Cyradia, 18-Jul-11 05:20 PM, #11
          Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 19-Jul-11 11:12 AM, #15
          Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., Explosion, 19-Jul-11 12:29 PM, #16
Reply Technically I don't see this as hard, MoetEtChandon, 18-Jul-11 11:53 AM, #7
Reply Find a Rom 2.4 codebase + God, some neat possibilities, BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 18-Jul-11 02:52 PM, #8
Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., Isildur, 18-Jul-11 10:36 AM, #6
Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., ORB, 18-Jul-11 10:22 AM, #5
Reply And on the other hand, Quixotic, 18-Jul-11 08:28 AM, #3
Reply RE: And on the other hand, Explosion, 18-Jul-11 08:49 AM, #4
Reply +1 nt, Artificial, 18-Jul-11 04:35 AM, #2
Reply I vote for this, very good idea., Explosion, 18-Jul-11 03:33 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #39044 Previous topic | Next topic