Subject: "IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not really Omnipotent!'" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #39044
Show all folders

AbernyteMon 18-Jul-11 03:15 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#39044, "IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not really Omnipotent!'"
Edited on Mon 18-Jul-11 03:16 AM

Just reading my deletion thread this morning and thought of an idea that seems simple but may not be simple to code or do so I thought I would throw it out and see what you think of it.

To improve communicaton for characters seeking Imm feedback on a task or quest they have been set either for a Tattoo, empowerment or induction into the patron's cabal it can often happen that login times varey too greatly and characters lose hope (eg Dusatoit recently)

Now Imms are supposed to be omnipotent beings looking over the lands of Thera and hearing all prayers destined for their ears but we as players realise this is not the case and sometimes a mortal and an Immortal can be like ships in the night, passing unnoticed. The Imm doesn't want to send a note because that ruins a little of the mystique and it is also a little ruination if you log in the next day to find out you are empowered when you completed the quest because it is better to be annointed by your Immortal patron (that said I still think it is better than nothing!)

So how easy would it be to code something similar to the dream mob where, for example, Thror sees that logins are not meshing but he doesn't want the mortal to lose faith and so on the mortals next login Thror has a mob called the Avatar of Thror (or whatever he wants to call it) that comes to Dusatoit in his guild or wherever and says to him 'Keep the Faith Skjald, The Thane enjoyed your works and has not forgotten his devout!' Words I made up but each Imm with their RP muscles flexing could have the description and name and words catered to their follower to that effect.

I guess it is almost like an out of office reply but it could help bridge a small gap when RL is kicking an Imm's ass or vice versa.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIMMproved communication - 'We know you're not really Om... [View all] , Abernyte, Mon 18-Jul-11 03:15 AM
Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., ordasen, 18-Jul-11 10:05 PM, #14
Reply On Gods and Ominpotence, dalneko, 18-Jul-11 05:57 PM, #12
Reply That's how I see them too, Tsunami, 18-Jul-11 07:47 PM, #13
Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., Cyradia, 18-Jul-11 03:14 PM, #9
Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 18-Jul-11 03:59 PM, #10
     Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., Cyradia, 18-Jul-11 05:20 PM, #11
          Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 19-Jul-11 11:12 AM, #15
          Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., Explosion, 19-Jul-11 12:29 PM, #16
Reply Technically I don't see this as hard, MoetEtChandon, 18-Jul-11 11:53 AM, #7
Reply Find a Rom 2.4 codebase + God, some neat possibilities, BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 18-Jul-11 02:52 PM, #8
Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., Isildur, 18-Jul-11 10:36 AM, #6
Reply RE: IMMproved communication - 'We know you're not reall..., ORB, 18-Jul-11 10:22 AM, #5
Reply And on the other hand, Quixotic, 18-Jul-11 08:28 AM, #3
Reply RE: And on the other hand, Explosion, 18-Jul-11 08:49 AM, #4
Reply +1 nt, Artificial, 18-Jul-11 04:35 AM, #2
Reply I vote for this, very good idea., Explosion, 18-Jul-11 03:33 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #39044 Previous topic | Next topic