Subject: "External knowledge policy" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36
Show all folders

NNNickMon 04-Mar-02 03:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
94 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36, "External knowledge policy"

There is a loooooooong thread on battlefields. But these questions belong here I believe.

Greetings,

I would like to get general answer from immortals and one regarding Silent Tower from Nepenthe (his privilege).

What is current policy regarding using AREA knowledge (i.e. eq, maps quests, etc) you learned with one char with another ?

And as far as I remember there is no mention of such things in RULES.

You can not expect people relearn outlay of Galadon every time they make a new char.
How about quest knowledge ? Do I need to pretend I do not know where to get rat trap every time I do that quest ?
Basically where is the point I should stop using information I learned with my previous chars (deleted and forgotten by now) ?
Also how I suppose to role-play such knowledge where permitted ?

How about sharing such questionable knowledge with other people (totally IC) ?
This obviously upset Nepenthe.

I see no difference in :
"Learning with current char and sharing this info with cabal mate/IC friend/etc."
vs.
"Learning with past char, and claiming my current one had a divine insight/found an ancient scroll/was told by drunk bard/etc"

---

Oh regarding Geramin - correct me here Steve - he was denied because he did not listen/lied/was rude to you.
Not because he shared Silent info.
But I agree there should be more of "warning system" before character would punished.
Also I humbly suggest to immortals make clear to people why their char are denied.

---

About AP collecting charges:
As current system goes - You would not get charge if you kill same person again without killing somebody else.
And it does not matter - just after he unghost or 5 hours latter. Immortals - correct me here if I am wrong.

---

But just because AP grows stronger by killing people (same with lich) - this alone encourages multi-killing where it would not happen overwise.
Oh certain people enjoy multi-killing for sake of it. But APs get additional bonus.

How about:
a) Lower number of kills required for controls.
b) Make 'iron grip' undispelable by 'dispel magic' spell. PLEASE.
c) Watch for unjustified multi-killing.

---

Never mind Arolin. You are biased against him. He is a bad boy no matter what… (intended to be sarcasm)

Regards,

-=NNNick=-

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicExternal knowledge policy [View all] , NNNick, Mon 04-Mar-02 03:43 PM
Reply RE: External knowledge policy, Pico, 06-Mar-02 09:33 PM, #3
Reply Not a troll post, Dallevian, 06-Mar-02 10:04 PM, #4
Reply RE: External knowledge policy, nepenthe, 04-Mar-02 04:39 PM, #1
     Reply Not a rant, but a few questions for you., Xanthrailles, 05-Mar-02 12:59 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36 Previous topic | Next topic