Subject: "I'm sorry to say that but you are teaching wrong person" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21227
Show all folders

GreddarhFri 02-May-08 08:37 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21273, "I'm sorry to say that but you are teaching wrong person"
Edited on Fri 02-May-08 08:39 PM

Keep in mind that I'm VERY good in bash builds and warriors in general. Also when I speak about bash build I speak about most powerful(giant with sword), when I speak about dex build it is elf/dark elf dagger striking.

>With a dex build you have to gear for dex and care about
>carried weight in a much more interesting way than with a bash
>spec. Optimizing for low-weight is not as simple as just
>buying 300 pounds of rafts. With a dex build you might ask
>yourself "Is it worth 1 str to always carry 20 extra pounds."
>With a bash spec you just buy an extra raft if you don't have
>enough weight.
>
>Bash builds also generally didn't care about as many stats. It
>was all damroll, a bit of str and enough svs to be
>comfortable.
I bet you did not have kick ass bash builds in past because with such strategy your bash build will suck for sure.

>Dex builds need to care about dex and health and
>are usually more concerned with str than a bash build is. They
>still need svs just as much. There's a lot more skill involved
>in balancing all those stats.

that's not true as bash build you need:
1. More svs than dex build, because you have low int
2. I need a lot more svp because int too
3. I need A LOT more str than dex build, because swords are more heavy than daggers and flurry depends on str a lot. daggers are not heavy, dagger skills depends on dex. Also dagger spec can #### up your str/dex better(and very fast)than bash build using both specs.
Do you realise how much str/dex you have to cover as bash build vs dagger build?
4. You need a lot more dex because of almost the same reasons as in point 3.
5. As dagger spec you can easily have 1000 - 1100 hp which is quite enough.
6. As dagger spec you can forget about weight, you still will eat anyone with striking legacy

>Even if that were true, at last there's something to that
>strategy bash;!;!;! is the least intricate strategy possible.

The more expirienced you are the more tactics you find boring, belive me May be it's just a matter of taste.

>If you're dieing to dagger specs who can't lag you, you also
>have a lot to learn.

I die to 3-4 man gangs usually. And dagger striking are good at bashing right now, also laggings + blocking flee from striking is cool also.

>No, you just had to go into the fight with more melee. In
>order to overcome that, sure you need better tactics. THat's
>what you need against dex specs too. Right now I think people
>are still in the mindset that "I have a big axe I should be
>able to bash everyone into the ground" Try gearing for more
>str and using some maladictions of your own. Dagger specs tank
>worse than anyone when their str drops low.

They don't tank worse than anyone because of striking which will cover your str loss, as well as dex build benefits more from dodging that don't have much to do with str. Also bash build can not do a lot - str to you. And you can.

>If nobody enters commands, the dex build will lose.
No, striking will win.

>You just glossed over "using dagger specs" as if it were
>insignificant. Compare to a bash spec which uses one non-spec
>skill while plain old melee strikes eat you. And there's lots
>of unavoidable command denial these days. They aren't
>permalag the way bash is, but there's lots of trip-lag
>available.

wtf?

>I think skill practice is a garbage mechanic and I'm glad to
>see it reduced.
It's not reduced in any form, it's still the same as it was before dex changes. I donno what you are talking about.

>I think you *should* get your needed skills up
>during ranking.
Yea, I think bash builds need it

>I don't think anybody deserves a power boost
>simply for having more time to waste on a mindless activity.

Actualy they are. Those who puts more time, effords into playing should and always gets power boosts in cf.. in that or this form, like having better armors, prep knowledge, imm bonuses and such.

>That's not skill, it's just having nothing better to do with
>your life than spam skills on a mob. Right now someone who is
>good at practicing skills up still gets a smallish edge, and I
>think that's okay. But simply being willing to do boring
>things should not net advantages. It's anti-funstick.

Yep, it's anti-funstick. But mastering is not all that no-skill thing. A lot of players spend a lot of time in cf, see how much of them mastered their skills, while all know that mastered skills will give you advantage.

>It's nearly impossible to win by doing absolutely nothing but
>bashing. That's true, and as it should be.

I'm failing to see your point. I was saying that getting dagger spec also give you sort of anti-bash legacy, which is way too cool to get nothing

>It always used to be that only elite players could beat a bash
>spec with a dagger spec.
Yea, I'm elite! . Right now even mediocare players with dagger spec can give troubles to elite bash player.

>Look at all the legendary Battlerager
>names from the past and count how many were axe or mace vs how
>many were dagger or whip. Most of the most feared warriors are
>high-damage bash-heavy giants.

That's just stupid. I won't go into details, unless you really want it but in short:

because legendary battleragers were BEFORE dex change. After dex changes(with others changes that happened in the same time) all battleragers are raped in ass, even ragers dex builds(though they do a bit better than bash builds)

Ask yourself HOW MANY bash build ragers with high damage were legendary after dex changes.. I will tell you, NO ONE.

Also in general dagger build are fine for me untill they get striking.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicA message supporting dex builds [View all] , Valkenar, Wed 30-Apr-08 02:01 PM
Reply I disagree, Greddarh, 30-Apr-08 11:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I disagree, Daevryn, 30-Apr-08 11:50 PM, #2
     Reply Yea. Question to you inside, Greddarh, 01-May-08 12:06 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Yea. Question to you inside, Daevryn, 01-May-08 12:04 AM, #4
               Reply ouch, Greddarh, 01-May-08 12:10 AM, #5
               Reply Elf Shadows Warrior bashing fire giant AP, JMCC, 01-May-08 01:58 AM, #6
                    Reply RE: Elf Shadows Warrior bashing fire giant AP, Valguarnera, 01-May-08 06:32 AM, #7
                         Reply I've been told by several players, Dwoggurd, 01-May-08 03:07 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: I've been told by several players, Valguarnera, 01-May-08 05:26 PM, #10
                              Reply Honestly, since I know you are the best with this type ..., TheLastMohican, 01-May-08 07:01 PM, #12
                                   Reply I really didn't want to say anything but..., Kalageadon, 05-May-08 11:00 AM, #43
                         Reply I don't have access to the code, JMCC, 01-May-08 05:14 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: I don't have access to the code, Daevryn, 01-May-08 06:01 PM, #11
                                   Reply This is the complete opposite of what I had always been..., TheLastMohican, 01-May-08 07:20 PM, #13
                                        Reply RE: This is the complete opposite of what I had always ..., Daevryn, 01-May-08 08:23 PM, #14
     Reply RE: I disagree, Valkenar, 02-May-08 01:19 PM, #15
          Reply I'm sorry to say that but you are teaching wrong person, Greddarh, 02-May-08 08:39 PM #16
               Reply Come on, Valkenar, 02-May-08 09:33 PM, #17
                    Reply Since you obviously don't know what you are talking abo..., TheLastMohican, 03-May-08 01:33 PM, #18
                    Reply RE: Since you obviously don't know what you are talking..., Daevryn, 04-May-08 12:59 AM, #24
                         Reply Wherein I concede you have made a very good point..., TheLastMohican, 04-May-08 03:14 AM, #25
                         Reply Elf/drow aren't that bad., Dwoggurd, 04-May-08 01:08 PM, #28
                              Reply What?, Eskelian, 05-May-08 02:43 AM, #38
                              Reply RE: What?, Isildur, 05-May-08 11:23 AM, #44
                                   Reply Theorycrafting!, Daevryn, 05-May-08 08:01 PM, #45
                              Reply RE: Elf/drow aren't that bad., Daevryn, 05-May-08 03:02 AM, #41
                    Reply Except that is not balance, RobDarken, 03-May-08 04:12 PM, #19
                         Reply Yea but, Greddarh, 03-May-08 05:34 PM, #20
                         Reply Well, should low int be a bigger penalty than simply ta..., Theerkla, 03-May-08 07:37 PM, #21
                         Reply WTF? I never said the dex changes were alright., RobDarken, 03-May-08 07:46 PM, #22
                         Reply RE: Except that is not balance, Isildur, 03-May-08 08:00 PM, #23
                              Reply RE: Except that is not balance, Eskelian, 04-May-08 09:46 AM, #26
                                   Reply Uh dude., RobDarken, 04-May-08 12:18 PM, #27
                                        Reply I've played what? Two hero warriors in the last 10 year..., Eskelian, 04-May-08 02:55 PM, #29
                                        Reply RE: Uh dude., Valguarnera, 04-May-08 05:02 PM, #30
                                             Reply Just to point out, Dwoggurd, 04-May-08 05:29 PM, #31
                                             Reply RE: Just to point out, Eskelian, 05-May-08 02:48 AM, #39
                                             Reply Shameless horn tooting, Mekantos, 04-May-08 07:21 PM, #32
                                                  Reply Just another face in the crowd, bro., Dallevian, 04-May-08 09:51 PM, #33
                                                  Reply Not to taunt you or anything, but..., Daevryn, 04-May-08 10:11 PM, #34
                                                       Reply You're kinda biased about Iramath since he raped your f..., TheLastMohican, 04-May-08 10:55 PM, #35
                                                       Reply RE: You're kinda biased about Iramath since he raped yo..., Daevryn, 05-May-08 02:56 AM, #40
                                                            Reply You could be right. I just thought you were the badass..., TheLastMohican, 05-May-08 03:26 AM, #42
                                                       Reply QHCF.nets uber rankings state otherwise...., GinGa, 05-May-08 12:17 AM, #36
                                                       Reply No worries, Mekantos, 05-May-08 12:29 AM, #37
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21227 Previous topic | Next topic