Subject: "RE: I disagree" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21227
Show all folders

ValkenarFri 02-May-08 01:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21260, "RE: I disagree"
Edited on Fri 02-May-08 01:19 PM

>Not really, it's way more easy to dress up dex build than

I disagree.

With a dex build you have to gear for dex and care about carried weight in a much more interesting way than with a bash spec. Optimizing for low-weight is not as simple as just buying 300 pounds of rafts. With a dex build you might ask yourself "Is it worth 1 str to always carry 20 extra pounds." With a bash spec you just buy an extra raft if you don't have enough weight.

Bash builds also generally didn't care about as many stats. It was all damroll, a bit of str and enough svs to be comfortable. Dex builds need to care about dex and health and are usually more concerned with str than a bash build is. They still need svs just as much. There's a lot more skill involved in balancing all those stats.

>As for nuanced strategy.. I can say that about 80-90% of kills
>people get is just using the same best strategy over and over
>again.

Even if that were true, at last there's something to that strategy bash;!;!;! is the least intricate strategy possible.

>If you died a lot to bash, bash, trip, trip.. there are a lot
>of things you should learn =)

If you're dieing to dagger specs who can't lag you, you also have a lot to learn.

>That's what you had to do to win bash bash trip trip warrior
>in past.

No, you just had to go into the fight with more melee. In order to overcome that, sure you need better tactics. THat's what you need against dex specs too. Right now I think people are still in the mindset that "I have a big axe I should be able to bash everyone into the ground" Try gearing for more str and using some maladictions of your own. Dagger specs tank worse than anyone when their str drops low.

>Yea, superior melee/defences that's how dex builds eat other
>warriors now

If nobody enters commands, the dex build will lose.

>dex warrior does nothing but using dagger specs while
>consealed and striking eat you.

You just glossed over "using dagger specs" as if it were insignificant. Compare to a bash spec which uses one non-spec skill while plain old melee strikes eat you. And there's lots of unavoidable command denial these days. They aren't permalag the way bash is, but there's lots of trip-lag available.

>As giant you have to put ####ing a lot of time in mastering
>your skills and such, as dex build you will master all you
>need during ranking.

I think skill practice is a garbage mechanic and I'm glad to see it reduced. I think you *should* get your needed skills up during ranking. I don't think anybody deserves a power boost simply for having more time to waste on a mindless activity. That's not skill, it's just having nothing better to do with your life than spam skills on a mob. Right now someone who is good at practicing skills up still gets a smallish edge, and I think that's okay. But simply being willing to do boring things should not net advantages. It's anti-funstick.

>As dex build you don't have to worry about bash because it's
>nearly impossible to bash you down.

It's nearly impossible to win by doing absolutely nothing but bashing. That's true, and as it should be.

>Also dex builds vs bash builds were good enough pre dex
>changes. Now dex builds pwn bash builds

It always used to be that only elite players could beat a bash spec with a dagger spec. Look at all the legendary Battlerager names from the past and count how many were axe or mace vs how many were dagger or whip. Most of the most feared warriors are high-damage bash-heavy giants.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicA message supporting dex builds [View all] , Valkenar, Wed 30-Apr-08 02:01 PM
Reply I disagree, Greddarh, 30-Apr-08 11:15 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I disagree, Daevryn, 30-Apr-08 11:50 PM, #2
     Reply Yea. Question to you inside, Greddarh, 01-May-08 12:06 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Yea. Question to you inside, Daevryn, 01-May-08 12:04 AM, #4
               Reply ouch, Greddarh, 01-May-08 12:10 AM, #5
               Reply Elf Shadows Warrior bashing fire giant AP, JMCC, 01-May-08 01:58 AM, #6
                    Reply RE: Elf Shadows Warrior bashing fire giant AP, Valguarnera, 01-May-08 06:32 AM, #7
                         Reply I've been told by several players, Dwoggurd, 01-May-08 03:07 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: I've been told by several players, Valguarnera, 01-May-08 05:26 PM, #10
                              Reply Honestly, since I know you are the best with this type ..., TheLastMohican, 01-May-08 07:01 PM, #12
                                   Reply I really didn't want to say anything but..., Kalageadon, 05-May-08 11:00 AM, #43
                         Reply I don't have access to the code, JMCC, 01-May-08 05:14 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: I don't have access to the code, Daevryn, 01-May-08 06:01 PM, #11
                                   Reply This is the complete opposite of what I had always been..., TheLastMohican, 01-May-08 07:20 PM, #13
                                        Reply RE: This is the complete opposite of what I had always ..., Daevryn, 01-May-08 08:23 PM, #14
     Reply RE: I disagree, Valkenar, 02-May-08 01:19 PM #15
          Reply I'm sorry to say that but you are teaching wrong person, Greddarh, 02-May-08 08:39 PM, #16
               Reply Come on, Valkenar, 02-May-08 09:33 PM, #17
                    Reply Since you obviously don't know what you are talking abo..., TheLastMohican, 03-May-08 01:33 PM, #18
                    Reply RE: Since you obviously don't know what you are talking..., Daevryn, 04-May-08 12:59 AM, #24
                         Reply Wherein I concede you have made a very good point..., TheLastMohican, 04-May-08 03:14 AM, #25
                         Reply Elf/drow aren't that bad., Dwoggurd, 04-May-08 01:08 PM, #28
                              Reply What?, Eskelian, 05-May-08 02:43 AM, #38
                              Reply RE: What?, Isildur, 05-May-08 11:23 AM, #44
                                   Reply Theorycrafting!, Daevryn, 05-May-08 08:01 PM, #45
                              Reply RE: Elf/drow aren't that bad., Daevryn, 05-May-08 03:02 AM, #41
                    Reply Except that is not balance, RobDarken, 03-May-08 04:12 PM, #19
                         Reply Yea but, Greddarh, 03-May-08 05:34 PM, #20
                         Reply Well, should low int be a bigger penalty than simply ta..., Theerkla, 03-May-08 07:37 PM, #21
                         Reply WTF? I never said the dex changes were alright., RobDarken, 03-May-08 07:46 PM, #22
                         Reply RE: Except that is not balance, Isildur, 03-May-08 08:00 PM, #23
                              Reply RE: Except that is not balance, Eskelian, 04-May-08 09:46 AM, #26
                                   Reply Uh dude., RobDarken, 04-May-08 12:18 PM, #27
                                        Reply I've played what? Two hero warriors in the last 10 year..., Eskelian, 04-May-08 02:55 PM, #29
                                        Reply RE: Uh dude., Valguarnera, 04-May-08 05:02 PM, #30
                                             Reply Just to point out, Dwoggurd, 04-May-08 05:29 PM, #31
                                             Reply RE: Just to point out, Eskelian, 05-May-08 02:48 AM, #39
                                             Reply Shameless horn tooting, Mekantos, 04-May-08 07:21 PM, #32
                                                  Reply Just another face in the crowd, bro., Dallevian, 04-May-08 09:51 PM, #33
                                                  Reply Not to taunt you or anything, but..., Daevryn, 04-May-08 10:11 PM, #34
                                                       Reply You're kinda biased about Iramath since he raped your f..., TheLastMohican, 04-May-08 10:55 PM, #35
                                                       Reply RE: You're kinda biased about Iramath since he raped yo..., Daevryn, 05-May-08 02:56 AM, #40
                                                            Reply You could be right. I just thought you were the badass..., TheLastMohican, 05-May-08 03:26 AM, #42
                                                       Reply QHCF.nets uber rankings state otherwise...., GinGa, 05-May-08 12:17 AM, #36
                                                       Reply No worries, Mekantos, 05-May-08 12:29 AM, #37
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21227 Previous topic | Next topic