Subject: "I disagree" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21227
Show all folders

GreddarhWed 30-Apr-08 11:15 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21231, "I disagree"

>People have been complaining about dex builds being too good.

Yea, because dex builds are too good

>I say the game is better now than it was when wield axe;bash
>was the best answer to everything.

It has never been so in terms of two expirienced people fight each other on hero. On low/middle ranks bash bash is still best answer and will bring you more pk than anything else.

>The dex specs require more interesting gear choices, more nuanced >strategy and more intricate tactics.

Not really, it's way more easy to dress up dex build than str/bash build(If we want both build be equal deadly) on hero and probably middle ranks(on low ranks it's more easy to dress up basher).
As for nuanced strategy.. I can say that about 80-90% of kills people get is just using the same best strategy over and over again. And only just a few pkills amaize people with cool tactics. It's true for almost all race/class.

>Bash bash bash or trip trip trip is the most boring
>conceivable way to have a fight end, win OR lose.

If you died a lot to bash, bash, trip, trip.. there are a lot of things you should learn =)

>I'd much rather win a fight where I responded to my opponent's >tactics

That's what you had to do to win bash bash trip trip warrior in past.

>and beat them with skill than by just watching my superior
>melee beat them down.

Yea, superior melee/defences that's how dex builds eat other warriors now

>I'd much rather lose a fight to a
>dex-warrior where I at least got to try some things than to a
>damage-spec that did nothing but command denial.

dex warrior does nothing but using dagger specs while consealed and striking eat you. For me I don't see a big difference, except it's way more easy to avoid command denial than dagger moves and striking.

>I applaud all of the pro-finesse changes.
I don't.

Also, there were no much really kick ass bash builds in cf history and to make one you have to put MUCH MORE efforts into a char, compare to efforts you have to put into dex build. That's what piss me off most of all because I think if you put more efforts you deserve to get more deadly combo

As giant you have to put ####ing a lot of time in mastering your skills and such, as dex build you will master all you need during ranking.

As dex build you don't have to worry about good weapons, envenom daggers will eat 80% of your enemies with an easy.

As dex build you don't have to gather a lot of good eq to be deadly, as giant you have to get a KICK ASS set to be as strong as dex build with semi good eq.

As dex build you don't have to worry about bash because it's nearly impossible to bash you down.

Also dex builds vs bash builds were good enough pre dex changes. Now dex builds pwn bash builds

Striking is just a #### I've talked with few people who played with it. All of them told me that it's #### legacy and should be removed

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicA message supporting dex builds [View all] , Valkenar, Wed 30-Apr-08 02:01 PM
Reply I disagree, Greddarh, 30-Apr-08 11:15 PM #1
     Reply RE: I disagree, Daevryn, 30-Apr-08 11:50 PM, #2
     Reply Yea. Question to you inside, Greddarh, 01-May-08 12:06 AM, #3
          Reply RE: Yea. Question to you inside, Daevryn, 01-May-08 12:04 AM, #4
               Reply ouch, Greddarh, 01-May-08 12:10 AM, #5
               Reply Elf Shadows Warrior bashing fire giant AP, JMCC, 01-May-08 01:58 AM, #6
                    Reply RE: Elf Shadows Warrior bashing fire giant AP, Valguarnera, 01-May-08 06:32 AM, #7
                         Reply I've been told by several players, Dwoggurd, 01-May-08 03:07 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: I've been told by several players, Valguarnera, 01-May-08 05:26 PM, #10
                              Reply Honestly, since I know you are the best with this type ..., TheLastMohican, 01-May-08 07:01 PM, #12
                                   Reply I really didn't want to say anything but..., Kalageadon, 05-May-08 11:00 AM, #43
                         Reply I don't have access to the code, JMCC, 01-May-08 05:14 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: I don't have access to the code, Daevryn, 01-May-08 06:01 PM, #11
                                   Reply This is the complete opposite of what I had always been..., TheLastMohican, 01-May-08 07:20 PM, #13
                                        Reply RE: This is the complete opposite of what I had always ..., Daevryn, 01-May-08 08:23 PM, #14
     Reply RE: I disagree, Valkenar, 02-May-08 01:19 PM, #15
          Reply I'm sorry to say that but you are teaching wrong person, Greddarh, 02-May-08 08:39 PM, #16
               Reply Come on, Valkenar, 02-May-08 09:33 PM, #17
                    Reply Since you obviously don't know what you are talking abo..., TheLastMohican, 03-May-08 01:33 PM, #18
                    Reply RE: Since you obviously don't know what you are talking..., Daevryn, 04-May-08 12:59 AM, #24
                         Reply Wherein I concede you have made a very good point..., TheLastMohican, 04-May-08 03:14 AM, #25
                         Reply Elf/drow aren't that bad., Dwoggurd, 04-May-08 01:08 PM, #28
                              Reply What?, Eskelian, 05-May-08 02:43 AM, #38
                              Reply RE: What?, Isildur, 05-May-08 11:23 AM, #44
                                   Reply Theorycrafting!, Daevryn, 05-May-08 08:01 PM, #45
                              Reply RE: Elf/drow aren't that bad., Daevryn, 05-May-08 03:02 AM, #41
                    Reply Except that is not balance, RobDarken, 03-May-08 04:12 PM, #19
                         Reply Yea but, Greddarh, 03-May-08 05:34 PM, #20
                         Reply Well, should low int be a bigger penalty than simply ta..., Theerkla, 03-May-08 07:37 PM, #21
                         Reply WTF? I never said the dex changes were alright., RobDarken, 03-May-08 07:46 PM, #22
                         Reply RE: Except that is not balance, Isildur, 03-May-08 08:00 PM, #23
                              Reply RE: Except that is not balance, Eskelian, 04-May-08 09:46 AM, #26
                                   Reply Uh dude., RobDarken, 04-May-08 12:18 PM, #27
                                        Reply I've played what? Two hero warriors in the last 10 year..., Eskelian, 04-May-08 02:55 PM, #29
                                        Reply RE: Uh dude., Valguarnera, 04-May-08 05:02 PM, #30
                                             Reply Just to point out, Dwoggurd, 04-May-08 05:29 PM, #31
                                             Reply RE: Just to point out, Eskelian, 05-May-08 02:48 AM, #39
                                             Reply Shameless horn tooting, Mekantos, 04-May-08 07:21 PM, #32
                                                  Reply Just another face in the crowd, bro., Dallevian, 04-May-08 09:51 PM, #33
                                                  Reply Not to taunt you or anything, but..., Daevryn, 04-May-08 10:11 PM, #34
                                                       Reply You're kinda biased about Iramath since he raped your f..., TheLastMohican, 04-May-08 10:55 PM, #35
                                                       Reply RE: You're kinda biased about Iramath since he raped yo..., Daevryn, 05-May-08 02:56 AM, #40
                                                            Reply You could be right. I just thought you were the badass..., TheLastMohican, 05-May-08 03:26 AM, #42
                                                       Reply QHCF.nets uber rankings state otherwise...., GinGa, 05-May-08 12:17 AM, #36
                                                       Reply No worries, Mekantos, 05-May-08 12:29 AM, #37
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21227 Previous topic | Next topic