Subject: "Nope" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #927
Show all folders

AarnFri 26-Aug-05 06:03 PM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#928, "Nope"
Edited on Fri 26-Aug-05 06:07 PM

We don't have a system like this in CF culture, and we certainly don't want one. Breaking character is just that... breaking character, and by definition isn't roleplaying. Any OOC speaking is likely to result in, at best, a pray to the immortals asking someone to explain to you why you can't do that.

That being said, it isn't uncommon to hear unavoidably OOC things explained in as best an IC manner as possible. For example, if you have to go afk, it's common to hear "My mind wanders a moment" or "My attention wanders" or something else similar, that I suppose might be consider OOC information blanketed with roleplay. You'll also commonly hear "I have to rest" or "Return to my prayers" or "Take to my hut" or any number of phrases that mean "I have to quit!".

I can't really think of anything that you couldn't coordinate just fine in-character. Did you have a specific example in mind?

Aarn

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOOC meta tells in roleplaying [View all] , Butterfly, Fri 26-Aug-05 04:10 PM
Reply I personally, Xaannix, 12-Sep-05 04:04 PM, #8
Reply Nope, Aarn, 26-Aug-05 06:07 PM #1
     Reply RE: Nope, Butterfly, 28-Aug-05 01:58 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Nope, Eskelian, 30-Aug-05 01:09 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Nope, nepenthe, 30-Aug-05 01:46 PM, #4
                    Reply They also frequently lead to "director" syndrome., Valguarnera, 30-Aug-05 02:19 PM, #5
                         Reply RE: They also frequently lead to, bschubert, 07-Sep-05 04:07 PM, #6
                              Reply Again, nope, Aarn, 07-Sep-05 08:35 PM, #7
                                   Reply I tend to use comparables, incognito, 24-Sep-05 04:49 PM, #9
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #927 Previous topic | Next topic