Subject: "RE: What are the strengths and weakness of savage rangers?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4129
Show all folders

VonzamirThu 13-Jun-13 09:37 AM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4130, "RE: What are the strengths and weakness of savage rangers?"

1) What's the deal with metal and gear? The helpfile talks about them doing well without clothing, and I've heard they suffer from wearing metal or using metal weapons. How does this work?

A: One piece of metal kills your onslaught ambush bonus. More will make other skills (camo, creep, etc) fail. As far as weaknesses of savage go, no metal is really the only one. Savages do have a few skills that key off of empty slots, but overall I'd say you are better off fully clothed unless you don't have non-metal options.

2) What options do they have to lag their victims?

A: Bearcharge if the build gets it and Savage blow. With size advantage, Bearcharge is more lag, but can be stopped by bash protection (protective shield, etc). I don't think there is a a counter to Savage blow, and Savage blow does ok damage as well and has a small chance to knock out your opponent.

3) Any other big considerations or downsides to take into account with trying a cloud giant savage forester (likely Villager) ranger?

I wouldn't go village because then you can't cast protection from metal which I would say is one of the biggest upsides of a savage ranger compared to survivalist. Also can't use entangle, call lightning, or imbue staffs.

To maximize the build I would go outlander since you will be wearing natural gear, you should be able to strengthen all of it and you will be more likely to have druid friends to transmute metal to wood for you.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWhat are the strengths and weakness of savage rangers? [View all] , Nother new ranger (Anonymous), Thu 13-Jun-13 08:29 AM
Reply Savages are the brute force ranger build, -flso, 13-Jun-13 05:55 PM, #2
Reply Sorry. I can't help but disagree with the majority of y..., Iklahn (Anonymous), 19-Jun-13 07:47 PM, #7
Reply RE: What are the strengths and weakness of savage range..., Vonzamir, 13-Jun-13 09:37 AM #1
     Reply A couple follow up questions..., Nother newb ranger (Anonymous), 17-Jun-13 05:11 PM, #3
          Reply Having played a few druids..., Straklaw, 17-Jun-13 06:48 PM, #4
          Reply RE: A couple follow up questions..., Vonzamir, 19-Jun-13 11:28 AM, #5
          Reply Transmute metal. , Homard, 19-Jun-13 07:24 PM, #6
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4129 Previous topic | Next topic