Subject: "RE: A CF's playerbase: some questions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1968
Show all folders

NarissaTue 16-Oct-07 08:20 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1970, "RE: A CF's playerbase: some questions"

If you read the reviews about CF, you'll recognize that CF is very in-depth and can be challenging. To answer some of your questions:

1. I believe so. I'm back for the matter after a long break (in between Wow and Dungeon Runner). So I'm considered new too, and slowly adding to the playerbase.

2. A lot comes by word of mouth. I did that but unfortunately I have very little converts. Most people are drawn by graphics and sounds. And you'll find a much younger crowd in the MMORPGS.

In my opinion, CF playerbase averages 25+ years old. A lot of us are married, have kids and also a working life. Yet the deep sense of community spirit is very strong.

a. CF is for newbies. Just that the learning curve is pretty steep as compared to the other MUDs. Also a lot has been revamped to make it easier for a new player to pick up. There is not much spoon-feeding. Beyond level 10, you are on your own.

Read the helpfiles, it is so important for new players. I find that most people don't want to read the helpfiles but expect answers to be given to them.

b. Perhaps. Maybe they found their niche in the MUD world.

c. Not sure about this info. The MMORPG has drawn many people away from MUDs. Yet in terms of richness and imagination, MUDs still rock.

It all depends on what you want - I played Dungeon Runner/Diablo because sometimes I don't want to think. Hack n slash.

Sometimes I want graphics, a bit of quest and a large playerbase - I go for WoW.

Now, I want to be creative and try different roles, ways, skills. I want to earn my kills and get my pk badge - Carrionfields keeps me coming back.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA CF's playerbase: some questions [View all] , Dervish, Tue 16-Oct-07 08:01 AM
Reply Since Opinions are like arseholes... heres mine., Kalageadon, 18-Oct-07 05:18 PM, #5
Reply RE: A CF's playerbase: some questions, Lyristeon, 18-Oct-07 06:40 AM, #4
Reply Quick Answers, Kastellyn, 16-Oct-07 11:00 PM, #3
Reply RE: A CF's playerbase: some questions, Narissa, 16-Oct-07 08:20 PM #2
Reply Some answers, terinth, 16-Oct-07 12:28 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1968 Previous topic | Next topic