Subject: "Quick Answers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1968
Show all folders

KastellynTue 16-Oct-07 11:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1971, "Quick Answers"

I am curious to get answer on these question. Sorry, if this topic is kinda prohibited

We don't prohibit any topics that I'm aware of.

1. Do new people come to CF and begin to play nowadays?

Yup. I see them all the time. There's a big difference between "begin to play" and "stay past level ten", though. It's hard to keep new players and turn them into vets.

2. Where do they come from (what sources of players?)/how they are attracted (except those voting banners at the head of the site)?

This is a shortcoming of our current system: we don't really know the answers to these questions.

3. If comparing with other popular MUDs (Aardwolf, Shattered Kingdoms) with more playerbase, why they have more players:

I think, for a lot of these MUDs, their playerbase numbers are sort of an illusion. On more than one, they don't have any restrictions (or don't enforce the ones they have) on multicharring. This means that, out of the 250 characters you see online at any given minute, there might only be 100 or so players actually playing the game. The other 150 of those characters will probably be engaged in some sort of spam-practicing event with whatever passes for a quiet mode on those MUDs turned on.

On CF, every character on at any given moment has a player actively manipulating that character.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA CF's playerbase: some questions [View all] , Dervish, Tue 16-Oct-07 08:01 AM
Reply Since Opinions are like arseholes... heres mine., Kalageadon, 18-Oct-07 05:18 PM, #5
Reply RE: A CF's playerbase: some questions, Lyristeon, 18-Oct-07 06:40 AM, #4
Reply Quick Answers, Kastellyn, 16-Oct-07 11:00 PM #3
Reply RE: A CF's playerbase: some questions, Narissa, 16-Oct-07 08:20 PM, #2
Reply Some answers, terinth, 16-Oct-07 12:28 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1968 Previous topic | Next topic