Subject: "learning from defeats" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8066
Show all folders

Persumal (Guest)Mon 29-Jul-02 01:00 AM

#8077, "learning from defeats"

well, I never made the same mistake twice. Except for when I decided to rejoin you for a rush on the lich and died again. I think what I was getting at is that avoiding lich and all the combos meant not fighting him half the time, because a lot of the time he was with one of them. probably 60% of my fights resulted in the enemy running, and I couldn't stop the flee-teleport tactic. It would have been 95% but I was the one running a lot in later life.

I think the only person to get me twice other than Dullameh above was Amora. First time my enlarge, haste, and protection all dropped on the same tick and the treant bashed me so I never got a command off. Yes, I could have waited and renewed them but then I may never have managed to fight her. Second time she just overwhelmed us with raw power, my sanc dropped as the fight started (and that time I did want to hold off to renew it), and none of us reacted as we should.

In summary, I made use of virtually every way of killing myself that the mud offers. Honestly, if I add up the previous 30 chars ways of dying, Persumal encompassed them all, apart from getting assassinated. The most annoying was going back to my corpse, getting a certain hood, and dying from starvation because I put it on just on the tick so had no time to eat the food I had.

I know what you mean about the text. I've died more than a few times because I couldn't spot my hp.

Anyway, I'm sorry I said what I did. As I said, my view of everything became tainted, and it is easy to find fault with others while being blind to your own. I do remember your rp being consistent from my one character to the next.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Persumal the Avenger of the Righteous [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 28-Jul-02 11:56 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) Persumal the Avenger of the Righteous, Savraeth, 28-Jul-02 12:07 PM, #1
     Reply thanks for the reply, persumal (Guest), 28-Jul-02 04:02 PM, #2
          Reply One or two more things., Savraeth, 28-Jul-02 04:33 PM, #3
          Reply RE: thanks for the reply, Dranolian (Guest), 28-Jul-02 04:41 PM, #4
          Reply I had no problem ic with the dullameh fight, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 12:43 AM, #10
          Reply RE: thanks for the reply, Alaenyth (Guest), 28-Jul-02 04:51 PM, #5
          Reply opium pipe was a bug. It's been fixed now, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 12:34 AM, #8
          Reply Sheesh, Wasarbre (Guest), 28-Jul-02 05:45 PM, #6
          Reply learning from defeats, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 01:00 AM #11
          Reply Learning from defeats, Gorach, 29-Jul-02 02:37 AM, #14
          Reply Come on !! Who was your other charactor/??? *grin*, Wasarbre (Guest), 29-Jul-02 10:16 AM, #18
               Reply my other character is still alive, Persumal (Guest), 30-Jul-02 03:27 PM, #19
          Reply Bah., Gorach, 29-Jul-02 02:31 AM, #13
          Reply Well as you forgot me...., Tynnyn (Guest), 28-Jul-02 10:56 PM, #7
          Reply sorry, I remembered you after I logged off, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 12:39 AM, #9
               Reply RE: sorry, I remembered you after I logged off, Ulthur, 29-Jul-02 06:54 AM, #15
                    Reply ranking, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 08:12 AM, #16
                    Reply your talk, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 08:15 AM, #17
          Reply RE: thanks for the reply, Gorach, 29-Jul-02 02:27 AM, #12
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8066 Previous topic | Next topic