Subject: "thanks for the reply" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8066
Show all folders

persumal (Guest)Sun 28-Jul-02 04:02 PM

#8068, "thanks for the reply"

I was just getting frustrated by everything. So this, I'm afraid, is colored by that.

I appreciated the empowerment. I was afraid that you would not like that I played someone who was a vivimancy sphere but conceptualised the paladin code and most things in life via fire. I thought maybe the reason I got no immteraction was this. Had I known you were just not around I'd probably have stuck it out. I deleted as soon as I wrote that note because I considered the note to be ooc, and wouldn't have thought it right for it to affect me ic.

Whoever spoke to me just before I deleted, I have no idea who you were, because I was stuck in the dark without a light. Hence I didn't know what to say really.

GRIPES:

I felt like this character was jinxed from the start. My group was led into the cavefisher while I had no connection, and I died. Had the pleasure of managing to reconnect just in time to see myself being tripped, and I never got up from that. Then my group was led into a deathtrap I specifically warned about before going afk, and we died again.

No cabal, so when I got the sceptre I couldn't do anything with it. Only rager willing to take it was evil, so I couldn't give it to him. Others wouldn't take it. Not being able to raid effectively for 150 hours was one of my major frustrations.

Ragers were too busy to help raid scions because of the rites but somehow managed to raid the undefended warlocks instead, which meant that instead of fighting alongside them against scions I ended up fighting against them for the warlocks while the scions kept their sceptre. (That was because of my religious views if any ragers wondered.)

Goodies often wouldn't hunt a lich with no zombies even five on one if there was an element of risk.

Being held by arcanes was really getting to me because half the time it was a bug that got me held or kept me held. There were six enemy arcanes in my range so the chances of meeting any enemies alone was miniscule. Ultimately the only way I could see of killing anyone without virtues was to gang, because otherwise they ran until they outnumbered me. And I don't really like ganging. I like it even less since Amora killed my gang.

Anyway, after getting stuck in hell for 24 hours playing time, but no one being able to mount a rescue because it was closed off, having half my gear crumble only for it to repop half an hour later on mobs I couldn't kill for rp reasons... Then I got my group killed in Thar acacia a few hours later. Finally I spent quite a while helping to gear a couple of people and we promptly lost the whole lot to our own incompetance in a pk.

EMBARASSMENT THAT WAS MY PK:

the pk of 0% doesn't really tell the whole picture. Plenty of times did the hard work but never got the killing blow. I thought that statistic might be what was holding me back from getting anywhere, and I thought it counted for nothing that I was the one who tried to motivate everyone into actually doing something.

my first character with less than a 50% pk ratio, out of maybe 30 now. But 0% for a 150 hour paladin is humiliating! Still, I learnt a lot with him. Couple of quests and a new area (not counting hell).

For my two groupmates who were so impressed that I got to hell's sixth circle alone -- I told you it wasn't impressive. Now you can find out why. I took a gamble and the result was getting sent to hell, only to rot for a day before suiciding. I was hoping for some immteraction just to go out fighting with a devil or something. I hate suiciding.

FAREWELLS

Anyway, I don't have many mentions, so here's just a few.

Dwoggurd: I really admired the way you stuck in there, whether alone or not. Enigma is a great legacy, and since I've seen you gathering your potions I know you make the most of it. Out of interest, is your lore skill good? If not, wondering how you solved the problem of things looking alike.

Dranolian: Hmm, can't believe you still tried to kill me and Gorach after we were put to sleep by someone 25 levels under us. You must have thought that was buggy. Otherwise thought you did a decent job. Dying to your hold even though Dullameh dispelled it was my first pk death. But only by about 10 minutes when I died naked. Don't blame you guys for the full loot. I'd full loot a lich as a paladin, so I don't mind a lich full looting me.

Dullameh: God, I don't know how you keep going. I found it bad enough having no one to fight outside of a gang. You have it twenty times worse!

Gorach: I think you were probably Persumal's best friend. However, sometimes I was not in a tolerant mood and at those times you wound me up something awful. Walking us into the deathtrap was one.
Anyway, I'm told you saved my ass a couple of times when I lost connection just after initiating attacks on the nightwalker, but stayed active in the game. That happened to Persumal over half-a-dozen times. I could never work it out; it seems to be a new thing.

Wasarbre: You seemed to have a good in depth role, but I really did feel you avoided confrontation with lichs (except when things looked good). I'm sure this was just my impression, and I would have felt differently normally. However, I've known you as another character who ranked up with you and I felt similarly then.

Amora: Very tough druid. I suspect you have a few things up your sleeve, because normally I'd expect you to have a double wrath vuln, yet my wrath only scratched you. Same with the geyser that was annihilating the others in the room. That fight on eastern really annoyed me because sanc fell as the fight started and I got stuck in my own group's quicksand. Stuck in quicksand when your groupmates are an invoker with shields and an arcance with flight; that should never happen. Stupidly my last command was to word. IT never went through but even if it had it would have been wasted.

This all sounds like a bit of a "pat the scions on the back, but berate the goods" and it isn't meant to be. It is just that the good aligns efforts are not co-ordinated properly. I really hope that the ice-drake's legion rectifies this. (cabal channel, somewhere to store enemy cabal items.) As it is if one good sleeps an evil another good runs in and wakes him, meaning to help. Done it myself.

If I've forgotten you, sorry. As I said, much of my experience with this character became extremely frustrating, which was why he started to get bad tempered. I even had to make an addition to his role to explain his bad temper IC .

I've since gone for a character who doesn't have to put up with lvl 20's asking him to get them stuff from the barrow-wight etc. That didn't help my temper either. For god's sake lowbies, a basic set of gear is normally enough to get yourself the better stuff in a pk (provided you pk better than Persumal did!).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Persumal the Avenger of the Righteous [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 28-Jul-02 11:56 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) Persumal the Avenger of the Righteous, Savraeth, 28-Jul-02 12:07 PM, #1
     Reply thanks for the reply, persumal (Guest), 28-Jul-02 04:02 PM #2
          Reply One or two more things., Savraeth, 28-Jul-02 04:33 PM, #3
          Reply RE: thanks for the reply, Dranolian (Guest), 28-Jul-02 04:41 PM, #4
          Reply I had no problem ic with the dullameh fight, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 12:43 AM, #10
          Reply RE: thanks for the reply, Alaenyth (Guest), 28-Jul-02 04:51 PM, #5
          Reply opium pipe was a bug. It's been fixed now, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 12:34 AM, #8
          Reply Sheesh, Wasarbre (Guest), 28-Jul-02 05:45 PM, #6
          Reply learning from defeats, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 01:00 AM, #11
          Reply Learning from defeats, Gorach, 29-Jul-02 02:37 AM, #14
          Reply Come on !! Who was your other charactor/??? *grin*, Wasarbre (Guest), 29-Jul-02 10:16 AM, #18
               Reply my other character is still alive, Persumal (Guest), 30-Jul-02 03:27 PM, #19
          Reply Bah., Gorach, 29-Jul-02 02:31 AM, #13
          Reply Well as you forgot me...., Tynnyn (Guest), 28-Jul-02 10:56 PM, #7
          Reply sorry, I remembered you after I logged off, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 12:39 AM, #9
               Reply RE: sorry, I remembered you after I logged off, Ulthur, 29-Jul-02 06:54 AM, #15
                    Reply ranking, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 08:12 AM, #16
                    Reply your talk, Persumal (Guest), 29-Jul-02 08:15 AM, #17
          Reply RE: thanks for the reply, Gorach, 29-Jul-02 02:27 AM, #12
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8066 Previous topic | Next topic