Subject: "RE: Goodbyes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64281
Show all folders

TorakSun 23-Dec-07 10:27 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64525, "RE: Goodbyes"
Edited on Sun 23-Dec-07 10:29 PM

>Re: Your mindflayer role
>
>Wasn't a fan. There is a reason I always called you human.
>Personally I don't like people who want to be <insert cool
>race here>, but it's not a race I can pick, so I'll just whip
>it into my role. I typically treat those folks as delusional.
> You can think you're an illithid all you want, but you're
>still just a human to me.

Well I thought it was unique and not something totally out there - I could easily see the illithid wanting to infiltrate human society. I never ate food (always sate/quench) and ate every brain I could. I figured you didn't like it though so I just let it go after awhile. So much for trying something different.

>Re: You're interpretation of my religion
>
>I struggled to see you having any real grasp of my religion,
>which is why I only empowered you to 30. I asked who you
>would lead, and basically got "everyone". I asked what your
>goals were and basically got "to do things nobody has done".
>That screams generic BS to me, so I waited to see what you had
>in mind. I snooped you a ton while I was doing code and would
>go back and read some conversations, and it was amusing how
>many people you talked to said the exact same thing. Sedos
>said it best "I am still not clear on what you say you will
>do."

Don't know what's so hard to understand about doing stuff that no one has done before, so they can be remembered. Ninety percent of the people I've met in the last six months I won't remember them three weeks after they delete - but the people who killed each Archdevil and made it to Satan are immortalized in CF history. I was trying to do something memorable and give people a memorable experience in CF....but I guess people are content to "in cabal, most kill/defend/raid". If you can't be a Cabdru, you have to explore...so maybe someday you can be a Cabdru

>Re: Hell trips
>
>In the end, this was obviously a character you wanted to
>explore Hell with, and take whoever you could get to go. It
>was also fairly obvious, they weren't going to Hell because of
>you. I saw very little leadership from you in the trips, no
>matter how much you tried to get them to write notes to me, to
>all about your wonderful leadership.

I'm curious what you would consider "good Hell leadership" then. I can't do much about like the thing with Llorenz (especially since I didn't even see it) or Ravon, but beyond that I think I did a great job of taking non-experts to Hell and accomplishing stuff each time I went.....not to mention trying to accomplish stuff in the hardest area of the game with 30hp heals. It's pretty hard to bring "proof" beyond 2 dead archdevils, 2 fought archdevils, and 6 explored circles of Hell when you have the abilities of a level 30 uncaballed character whose leading the top players of the time around....and from what I saw the only one coordinating that type of stuff (dealing with 2 sets of empire and scion groups). Half the people I took didn't even know the lore or what was going on, but I took them anyways.

>Re: Impatience
>
>You mention stopping to smell the roses on your Hell trips. I
>think that is the ONLY place you did that. I empowered you to
>30 (when you were at level 18) and the next day you were level
>35 and bitching about not being able to find me. The way I
>see it, you wrote a role for a hero healer, and that's it, and
>everything else was just "in the way". I wanted to see more
>from you, and I kept telling you as much.

I guess this is definitely where we differ from me being able to play when I have way too much time on my hands and having to wait to get skills that long (that arguably aren't much better than bards, especially in the solo department). I was empowered at level 18 on Nov 24th and in the next 100 hours and 20 days I saw you three times, pretty much involving "you suck, no go" each time. I should have just taken the hint earlier on I guess - not everyone plays as much as I and a few others do, but I should have taken that into consideration when picking a goal & Imm (Marcatis, why can't you have an evil religion ). You can blame the super fast leveling on a water shifter named Tiryl...without empowerment waiting at all it would have been a lot faster. When you're non-caballed in the thirties with your Immortal not around and you can't pk, it gets boring real fast.

I had my fun though and hoped I gave other people something to remember - I know I wasn't perfect on the religion but I was hoping I had enough to get at least full empowerment...guess not. If I did it again, I could probably get full empowerment as a cookie cutter to a religion - not sure I'd do it again though. I'd definitely have to play two characters at once so I don't get so impatient. Empowerment just doesn't seem worth it unless you get lucky with times/ideas. I can understand named priests and tattoes being rough, but empowerment I don't think should be so hard....

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [None] Xhenod the Affirmation of Life [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 18-Dec-07 02:16 AM
Reply Goodbyes, Torak, 18-Dec-07 02:54 AM, #1
     Reply Hell trips have really taken a dent with evil healer ch..., elmeri_, 18-Dec-07 05:14 AM, #2
     Reply I agree to a point, Torak, 18-Dec-07 11:04 AM, #4
     Reply I still can't believe I had to tank that last battle, u..., Velyzaggon (Guest), 18-Dec-07 09:53 AM, #3
     Reply Zulg can speak for himself, but..., Lyristeon, 18-Dec-07 11:29 AM, #5
     Reply A small counter point, Torak, 18-Dec-07 11:59 AM, #6
          Reply RE: A small counter point, Lyristeon, 18-Dec-07 12:30 PM, #7
          Reply Fair enough, won't happen again~, Torak, 18-Dec-07 02:19 PM, #9
               Reply The good side., Lyristeon, 18-Dec-07 02:24 PM, #10
                    Reply Hey, thanks, Torak, 18-Dec-07 02:32 PM, #11
          Reply RE: A small counter point, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 18-Dec-07 01:18 PM, #8
               Reply Part of the reason...., Torak, 18-Dec-07 02:33 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Maxwel (Guest), 18-Dec-07 02:36 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Tiryl (Guest), 18-Dec-07 03:50 PM, #14
     Reply Damn we ranked fast, Torak, 19-Dec-07 03:35 AM, #15
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Zulghinlour, 23-Dec-07 09:04 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Goodbyes, Torak, 23-Dec-07 10:29 PM #17
          Reply RE: Goodbyes, Daevryn, 23-Dec-07 10:31 PM, #18
          Reply RE: Goodbyes, Torak, 24-Dec-07 12:58 AM, #23
               Reply RE: Goodbyes, Daevryn, 24-Dec-07 08:42 AM, #25
               Reply RE: Goodbyes, DeathClaw (Guest), 26-Dec-07 01:42 PM, #28
               Reply By design:, Valguarnera, 24-Dec-07 09:02 AM, #26
          Reply RE: Goodbyes, Zulghinlour, 23-Dec-07 10:52 PM, #19
               Reply RE: Goodbyes, Torak, 24-Dec-07 12:40 AM, #21
                    Reply RE: Goodbyes, Zulghinlour, 24-Dec-07 01:28 AM, #24
     Reply Talking with Imms, Braemir, 23-Dec-07 11:56 PM, #20
     Reply Lesson learned, Torak, 24-Dec-07 12:46 AM, #22
     Reply This is what I get., Krilcovs (Guest), 25-Dec-07 11:56 AM, #27
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64281 Previous topic | Next topic