Subject: "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of the Arcane, Initiate of the Jaguar" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62162
Show all folders

Marbeliel (Guest)Sat 29-Sep-07 11:34 AM

#62272, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of the Arcane, Initiate of the Jaguar"

You make all sorts of assumptions, and sadly most are wrong.

But perhaps you should read what you wrote here. The first interaction was bland? Maybe because you did nothing? It takes two to tango. What does "RP at you" even mean? I came, asked to talk with you, you remained silence, and so I spoke more. You nodded once with the emote to continue. So I did. You want a conversation to be more interesting, how about actually participating in it?

And how can you sit there and type that you got the impression I wanted a tattoo right there, when I specifically said otherwise in that very same "conversation"? I said I was there to talk about life as a jaguar, and to hopefully one day _later_ be found worthy. And if, as you say, you were not impressed early on with the spirit of the light, team work and support, why when in your eyes he "picked it up later" did you not do anything religion-wise, and go with maran'ing, which is separate? Your comments just don't jibe.

It's funny you mention the team work and support. Frankly it's shocking you would suggest he wasn't good at that, considering every single player who actually spent time with him said otherwise. Every raid defense, which was usually with out of range lowbies coming for the scepter or codex, had Marbeliel coming back to help, to slow down the healers and paladins, and do whatever else would help. All without people asking. Just doing it, knowing what they would want before they even knew it. Ask around, how many times would someone say "slow me" and I had already done so the tick before. You wanted to find fault, so you did, whether justified or no. And so again I say, why?

As for maran'ing, if you say so, I'll believe you, but strangely just five minutes looking at pbfs shows marans getting xp when made maran, with you being a person who commented elsewhere in their pbfs. Olaf, 2k. Phryxal, 2k. Marigue, 2k, Garrakor, 2k. Soleric, as Acolyte, 1k. Granted, these were by "An Immortal" so if you want to say that not one of them was you, I can't dispute that. But it seems unlikely, as you are the primary imm for the maran side of the fortress, and you wrote about most of these characters in their pbfs, as one of your personas.

Bottom line? You, the staff, actively go out and ask people to play the game. You, individually, have put yourself out as active, and want people to follow you and interact with you, and you are saying "let's have fun together playing this game, I'm around, let's do it." Someone - who you claim you didn't know - did exactly that. And despite almost 300 hours of regular prayers, notes, corpse-making in your name (it's a hunter religion, no?), etc., you were almost entirely silent. Don't you think it would be better if you at least once or twice took up a bit of responsibility to the players you have taken you up on your offer to play the game with you and did something to indicate you were even paying attention at all? Hell, a note to say "I don't like you, stop praying for me" would at least let someone know what was going on. But total silence is just the worst of all possible options. And by the way, considering he hunted well, killed a fair bit for a muter, and generally fulfilled the things your helpfile says you expect, I'm still curious what the goddess was waiting for. Not you the player mind you, but Baer and the religion.

In any event, you can have the last word if you wish, I'll not take up more of the death thread with this offshoot.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of the A... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 29-Sep-07 02:38 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Amberion, 13-Oct-07 06:27 AM, #44
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Linaeren (Guest), 02-Oct-07 01:25 PM, #34
Reply One of the rare veterans in Fort .txt, Lyriana (Guest), 30-Sep-07 02:31 AM, #30
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Marbeliel (Guest), 28-Sep-07 11:33 PM, #25
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Ilmdrin (Guest), 28-Sep-07 11:45 PM, #8
Reply You went ahead and played the victim card so you might ..., Kads (Guest), 29-Sep-07 01:14 PM, #19
Reply Didn't Valg say it was Graatch? nt, Vlad (Guest), 30-Sep-07 08:04 PM, #31
     Reply Couldn't be. Graatch quit forever~, Enbuergo1, 12-Oct-07 05:26 PM, #43
Reply Much flaming deleted., Valguarnera, 29-Sep-07 02:43 PM, #26
Reply sad, Pesawwkt (Guest), 28-Sep-07 06:02 PM, #4
Reply RE: sad, Marbeliel (Guest), 28-Sep-07 11:34 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Baerinika, 28-Sep-07 01:29 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Marbeliel (Guest), 28-Sep-07 11:19 PM, #5
     Reply Wow. You might dial the sense of entitlement down abou..., Daevryn, 29-Sep-07 12:59 AM, #9
     Reply Ok, also some actual Marbeliel commentary from me:, Daevryn, 29-Sep-07 01:10 AM, #10
          Reply Disclaimer:, Daevryn, 29-Sep-07 01:11 AM, #11
          Reply Agreed, Irish_MMA (Guest), 29-Sep-07 09:14 AM, #14
          Reply That's one of the problems with mixed signals., DC_Lazy (Guest), 02-Oct-07 11:00 AM, #33
               Reply Big Difference, KarithiaBero (Guest), 02-Oct-07 10:53 PM, #35
                    Reply RE: Big Difference, Eskelian, 03-Oct-07 10:50 AM, #36
                    Reply RE: Big Difference, KarithiaBero (Guest), 03-Oct-07 04:32 PM, #38
                    Reply This post annoyed me., Odrirg, 05-Oct-07 12:06 AM, #39
                    Reply RE: This post annoyed me., Daevryn, 05-Oct-07 12:39 AM, #40
                    Reply RE: Big Difference, DC - Lazy (Guest), 08-Oct-07 11:31 AM, #42
                    Reply I interacted with Karithia with a couple of characters., Vladamir, 06-Oct-07 01:58 PM, #41
                    Reply You were a big softy to my drow shifter warlock. n/t, Lightmaged (Guest), 03-Oct-07 11:17 AM, #37
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Baerinika, 29-Sep-07 08:51 AM, #13
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Marbeliel (Guest), 29-Sep-07 11:34 AM #15
     Reply XP for Maran'ing, Zulghinlour, 29-Sep-07 12:35 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Daevryn, 29-Sep-07 12:35 PM, #18
     Reply Mind if I ask what he did that was so abrasive?, Vlad (Guest), 29-Sep-07 02:08 PM, #21
          Reply RE: Mind if I ask what he did that was so abrasive?, Daevryn, 29-Sep-07 02:24 PM, #23
     Reply Just a couple of things., Vlad (Guest), 29-Sep-07 02:01 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Just a couple of things., Marbeliel (Guest), 29-Sep-07 02:21 PM, #22
               Reply I wasn't any of the characters you named., Vlad (Guest), 29-Sep-07 02:28 PM, #24
               Reply RE: Just a couple of things., Fobrin (Guest), 29-Sep-07 08:33 PM, #28
               Reply RE: Just a couple of things., Braemir, 29-Sep-07 09:42 PM, #29
               Reply RE: Just a couple of things., odrirgsguesting (Guest), 01-Oct-07 09:26 PM, #32
     Reply Maran as a reward, Zulghinlour, 29-Sep-07 12:32 PM, #16
     Reply heh, Elhe (Guest), 29-Sep-07 03:58 PM, #27
Reply Not going to post goodbyes? nt, That Guy (Guest), 28-Sep-07 10:10 AM, #2
Reply Sigh., Lyeden, 27-Sep-07 12:56 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Sigh., Marbeliel (Guest), 28-Sep-07 11:37 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Sigh., Lyeden, 29-Sep-07 01:57 AM, #12
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62162 Previous topic | Next topic