Subject: "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of the Arcane, Initiate of the Jaguar" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62162
Show all folders

Marbeliel (Guest)Fri 28-Sep-07 11:19 PM

#62248, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of the Arcane, Initiate of the Jaguar"

Pity you were neither so prompt nor responsive in game as you are here. I prayed for you often, both in and out of your shrine. I sent you notes. I looked for you at different times. But in almost three hundred hours you spoke to me exactly twice, and neither was really any good. The first time, in your shrine, after what, 175 hours?, you spoke with me for all of four minutes, and you spoke about ten sentences, ending with a "now that I have spoken to you, I'll watch you" or something to that effect.

Fast forward another 150 hours or so and you in fact never did speak to me again about your religion, the jaguars, anything at all that you said you would. The one and only time you ever did speak to me was when, after I prayed for you and Corrlaan to talk about being a maran, you just appeared to me and two others in the fortress, maran'd me with literally two sentences, then wizi'd and left before anyone could say anything. Nothing else. Ever. And it's not that you weren't around, you were talking to people, interacting with them, in either of your two personas, as I was told by and saw in other characters. You were deliberately giving me the silent treatment.

Why? One possible (and seemingly likely) explanation was a dislike of the player, though I have no idea why. Otherwise, if you had an ic problem with the character, why would you not say so? You had told the character you were going to be watching, and you gave the string title of initiate of the jaguar, so why wouldn't you actually say if there was a problem with how he was living, as a follower, over the course of another 150 hours and a month or so real time? Seems to me there was no problem with the character as far as being a follower, leaving me with the only reason that you just didn't want to deal with me. Which if so is just unprofessional and, frankly, ass.

You are asking for followers, you had one who was good enough for you to maran and who certainly did enough to warrant at least a conversation. But nothing.

And the little petty meanness that indicates your personal problems winning over good imm'ing? Never once did you give even a single bit of imm experience. Not even 1 xp. After our first talk, nothing. After you maran'd me, nothing. Whenever you may have watched (if ever you did), nothing. Again, why? You have given xp for most people when you talk to them, maran them or tattoo them or otherwise interact with them (according to the pbfs over the last year or so), so it seems unlikely you forgot, always, with me. Not saying you should be giving 2k exp just for saying hello, but how about 100xp? 1xp? Something. Anything. Just to show things actually happened. That's the system now, as you well know, and there's no good reason why you would not do so even a little after these rp interactions, such that they were.

In the end, praying regularly, dedicating corpses of enemies (it's a hunting religion, right?), coming to your shrine, speaking to other characters about the teachings of the jaguar, becoming a maran, sending you several notes ic (to which you never, ever, responded), all resulted in one five minute interaction and one non-conversation maran'ing that was totally unrelated to the religion.

All of this, let us not forget, even though you had read and approved, with an honorable mention, the role, but never actually did anything ic with it, which obviously referenced you.

The fun of the character was separate from the void of responses or interaction from you, and the deletion had little if anything to do with you. I write only because of the gall you had in posting here, and acting as though you had any involvement in the character or had done even a fraction of what you should have.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of the A... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 29-Sep-07 02:38 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Amberion, 13-Oct-07 06:27 AM, #44
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Linaeren (Guest), 02-Oct-07 01:25 PM, #34
Reply One of the rare veterans in Fort .txt, Lyriana (Guest), 30-Sep-07 02:31 AM, #30
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Marbeliel (Guest), 28-Sep-07 11:33 PM, #25
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Ilmdrin (Guest), 28-Sep-07 11:45 PM, #8
Reply You went ahead and played the victim card so you might ..., Kads (Guest), 29-Sep-07 01:14 PM, #19
Reply Didn't Valg say it was Graatch? nt, Vlad (Guest), 30-Sep-07 08:04 PM, #31
     Reply Couldn't be. Graatch quit forever~, Enbuergo1, 12-Oct-07 05:26 PM, #43
Reply Much flaming deleted., Valguarnera, 29-Sep-07 02:43 PM, #26
Reply sad, Pesawwkt (Guest), 28-Sep-07 06:02 PM, #4
Reply RE: sad, Marbeliel (Guest), 28-Sep-07 11:34 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Baerinika, 28-Sep-07 01:29 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Marbeliel (Guest), 28-Sep-07 11:19 PM #5
     Reply Wow. You might dial the sense of entitlement down abou..., Daevryn, 29-Sep-07 12:59 AM, #9
     Reply Ok, also some actual Marbeliel commentary from me:, Daevryn, 29-Sep-07 01:10 AM, #10
          Reply Disclaimer:, Daevryn, 29-Sep-07 01:11 AM, #11
          Reply Agreed, Irish_MMA (Guest), 29-Sep-07 09:14 AM, #14
          Reply That's one of the problems with mixed signals., DC_Lazy (Guest), 02-Oct-07 11:00 AM, #33
               Reply Big Difference, KarithiaBero (Guest), 02-Oct-07 10:53 PM, #35
                    Reply RE: Big Difference, Eskelian, 03-Oct-07 10:50 AM, #36
                    Reply RE: Big Difference, KarithiaBero (Guest), 03-Oct-07 04:32 PM, #38
                    Reply This post annoyed me., Odrirg, 05-Oct-07 12:06 AM, #39
                    Reply RE: This post annoyed me., Daevryn, 05-Oct-07 12:39 AM, #40
                    Reply RE: Big Difference, DC - Lazy (Guest), 08-Oct-07 11:31 AM, #42
                    Reply I interacted with Karithia with a couple of characters., Vladamir, 06-Oct-07 01:58 PM, #41
                    Reply You were a big softy to my drow shifter warlock. n/t, Lightmaged (Guest), 03-Oct-07 11:17 AM, #37
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Baerinika, 29-Sep-07 08:51 AM, #13
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Marbeliel (Guest), 29-Sep-07 11:34 AM, #15
     Reply XP for Maran'ing, Zulghinlour, 29-Sep-07 12:35 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marbeliel the High Wizard of t..., Daevryn, 29-Sep-07 12:35 PM, #18
     Reply Mind if I ask what he did that was so abrasive?, Vlad (Guest), 29-Sep-07 02:08 PM, #21
          Reply RE: Mind if I ask what he did that was so abrasive?, Daevryn, 29-Sep-07 02:24 PM, #23
     Reply Just a couple of things., Vlad (Guest), 29-Sep-07 02:01 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Just a couple of things., Marbeliel (Guest), 29-Sep-07 02:21 PM, #22
               Reply I wasn't any of the characters you named., Vlad (Guest), 29-Sep-07 02:28 PM, #24
               Reply RE: Just a couple of things., Fobrin (Guest), 29-Sep-07 08:33 PM, #28
               Reply RE: Just a couple of things., Braemir, 29-Sep-07 09:42 PM, #29
               Reply RE: Just a couple of things., odrirgsguesting (Guest), 01-Oct-07 09:26 PM, #32
     Reply Maran as a reward, Zulghinlour, 29-Sep-07 12:32 PM, #16
     Reply heh, Elhe (Guest), 29-Sep-07 03:58 PM, #27
Reply Not going to post goodbyes? nt, That Guy (Guest), 28-Sep-07 10:10 AM, #2
Reply Sigh., Lyeden, 27-Sep-07 12:56 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Sigh., Marbeliel (Guest), 28-Sep-07 11:37 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Sigh., Lyeden, 29-Sep-07 01:57 AM, #12
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62162 Previous topic | Next topic