Subject: "Isendor's Role Chapter 5" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield The Premium Battlefield Topic #23979
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM
Member since 16th May 2024
16852 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24002, "Isendor's Role Chapter 5"

Role

Chapter 5

Notes on Virtue: Retribution, Temperance and Charity
Added Tue Sep 16 16:56:37 2008 at level 31:

After having gained a certain reputation within my guild I have been titled by my guildmaster "The Initiate of the Virtues."
So it did seem to me that this would be a fitting time to compose a few notes upon the virtues my guild holds in high esteem.
My thoughts are obviously not infallible, though I have spent time studying prayers, the effects of anointing oil, and have
had various conversation in hopes of coming to a good understanding of these virtues. It is of my honest hope that
as I grow in wisdom and experience my views concerning these may become more enlightened.

Retribution: I begin now with the virtue of retribution perhaps because it is the most difficult to understand. I say it is not
easily understood because it seems so closely related to vengeance. Upon first meeting the Lady Baerinika she was quick
to point out to me that vengeance was an undesirable trait in the faithful. As I contemplated the meaning of retribution
in contrast with vengeance, one concept in particular began to stand in the forefront of my thoughts. Vengeance is nearly
always linked to strong emotions, and nearly always felt when an individual has been wronged. These emotions are
a gateway to many evils, a lesson I have learned all too well. Retribution however, as I see it in regards to the virtue
upheld by my guild, is not necessarily linked to an event that has transpired in one's own life. It is the desire to bring
payment upon those who have, by their actions, sold themselves to evil. I would call this justice, yet it is not a justice
actively sought for oneself, but for others. The life of a paladin should be one spent bringing retribution upon those
who have become evil doers. This holy virtue can be a source of strength when battling with the wicked.

Temperance: When considering what retribution truly entails, it leads me to immediately think of the virtue known as temperance.
This virtue could be described as moderation, or self-restraint. Baerinika warned me that as I fight against the forces of darkness
I must find something within myself which would bring me out of the darkness of rage and hatred. I did not know it then, but it
is precisely my thoughts of Her which accomplish this. She has given back to me my life and it should not be without purpose
nor lost among waves of fury. I struggle each day to maintain my own temperance. I feel as though I walk a thin path between
apathy, sorrow, and rage. Slowly, as the seasons of my life pass, I have learned to reserve my anger not for myself, nor wrongs
done to me, but rather for wrongs done upon the world and of all those who walk in goodness. I think often of my Goddess
when my heart leans toward despair, and I find gentle warmth and strength within. While the wicked have condemned themselves
by their foul deeds, this should not mean that they be treated as animals to slaughter with sordid delight. Perhaps some may even
be pulled back from evil by mercy shown through temperance.

Charity: The virtue by which others are served. Charity has as many forms as their are needs. When most think of charity they
think of financial assistance, yet this virtue goes far beyond that. From the healing supplications offered by my fellow knights,
to the ear inclined toward one who wishes to speak of

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic[FORTRESS] Isendor the Favored Son of Darsylon, Knight... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 11, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 10, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 9, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 8, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 7, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 6, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 5, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM #3
Reply Isendor's Cabal Powers List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 4, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 3, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 2, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 1, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Immortal Comments, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Gank-O-Meter, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's PK Statistics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Supplication List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Supplication List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Skill List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Title History, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's PK Wins, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's PK Deaths, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Leveling, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Timeline, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Mob Deaths, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Edges, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Cabal Specifics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #2
Reply Isendor's Best Set of Equipment, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Class Specifics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Statistics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield The Premium Battlefield Topic #23979 Previous topic | Next topic