Subject: "Isendor's Role Chapter 4" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield The Premium Battlefield Topic #23979
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM
Member since 15th May 2024
16851 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24001, "Isendor's Role Chapter 4"

Role

Chapter 4

Notes on Virtue: Fortitude, Faith and Hope
Added Wed Sep 17 12:15:40 2008 at level 36:

Fortitude: The virtue which describes inner strength. In my own life I find this virtue to be linked to nearly all of the the other
virtues I have noted. What strengthens my resolve? Is it not by the holy virtues of temperance, faith, hope, retribution, and
charity that I am so strengthened? There are always two wars in which a paladin does battle, the first and never ending, is
the battle within oneself. No knight could hope to accomplish his tasks as a champion of light without a firm inner resolve.
One must always look to sources in which they find mental, emotional, and spiritual strength. Long was I bereft of this
virtue as I wandered the world utterly spent, my soul wholely dead in the darkness of my own losses. No longer. As
each day passes and I strive to be a paragon of these virtues I write of, I know I will only become stronger within.

Faith: The virtue of faith is the supreme confidence and trust placed in someone or something. I have spoken with
many knights regarding this virtue and they each have their own unique thoughts to present. I believe all of the virtues
are maintained and revealed to a knight through the lens of their own personal experience and discipline. The question
then is, in what do I place my faith? It is foremost placed in the Lady Baerinika. She revealed to me if I but believe in
Her, then she would always be with me. I know now with unwavering confidence that this is true. She has brought
me to life more times that I can count. She has protected me from evils within and without, and she has guided me
toward purity in each step that I take. My religion is not one based on ideals or goals, though they are certainly
a part of it, rather it is based and firmly rooted in my relationship to the goddess whom I serve.

Hope: I find the virtue of hope to be closely related to that of faith. However, I will not write of the obvious similarities
here. While I view faith as being focused primarily inward, I see that hope has application to be found in the benefit
of others. There are a vast multitude of things people desire and wish for which they may not yet have. It is my duty
and desire as a paladin to strive for certain goals which have been outlined by the code I have sworn to uphold.
To see justice realized, to see darkness destroyed, to see my friends enjoy health and long life, these are the things
I hope for. I often question how my own actions might inspire hope within the hearts of those whom come into
contact with me. By my presence will one begin to believe that justice will be found? By my presence will one
begin to believe that goodness will ultimately overcome evil? I must be diligent in searching out ways to inspire
such hope to those around me.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic[FORTRESS] Isendor the Favored Son of Darsylon, Knight... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 11, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 10, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 9, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 8, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 7, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 6, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 5, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #3
Reply Isendor's Cabal Powers List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 4, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 3, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 2, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Role Chapter 1, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Immortal Comments, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Gank-O-Meter, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's PK Statistics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Supplication List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Supplication List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Skill List, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Title History, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's PK Wins, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's PK Deaths, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Leveling, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Timeline, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Mob Deaths, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Edges, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Cabal Specifics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #2
Reply Isendor's Best Set of Equipment, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Class Specifics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #
Reply Isendor's Statistics, Death_Angel, 28-Feb-09 10:52 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield The Premium Battlefield Topic #23979 Previous topic | Next topic