Subject: "[DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17723
Show all folders

Thornarcrull (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 01:12 PM

#17723, "[DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy"

DISCLAIMER: Sick, nervous, paranoid people shall not read the text below. It contains a lot of mistakes which may kill those ill people. If you are such sick person, and you decide to read my farewell post, do not ####ing whine ¡V you are responsive for your own actions.

I¡¦m gone. It took 600 hours of my life. Most likely, I¡¦m finished with CF. At least, now I feel only disgust (it¡¦s summer!). Perhaps I¡¦ll return at the next winter (that¡¦s the reason why I rolled my pre-last character).

This is a support character. Rather, Thornarcrull meant to be a support character. I had a scion necromancer, who had no lich quest after 200 hours of playing. I saw sylvano-marano-warlocko-battle opposition, and saw how Anith fought them all, often alone. That pissed me off. I decided to make a healer (since Trajeona disappeared a few weeks ago) and support Anith, while I¡¦m waiting for the lich quest.

Things went not as I planned. Nor I, nor Ckoebael received the quest. Playing a character that have no future is boring; I made that necromancer only to gain and complete the quest. I deleted necromancer.

Thornarcrull became my only one character and I enjoyed him more and more. Then Merzofyazn heroed and we had even more fun. I realized (too late) that drow healer is a quite popular character ¡V I would not play a drow healer, if I would know that before. Alas, too late. Then came Zharaluzar - bah! Another drow healer in the chasm.

At that time, Chasm had no leader. Valguarnera said because we had no roles¡K I had the role, but it was not spellchecked, and I didn¡¦t want to bother immortals with adding it. I asked different people to assist me with spellchecking, but no one showed interest. So I heroed with a role, which I prepared a few weeks ago before I even rolled Thorn. Bah! Chasm got purged.

That was a nonsense. I disagree with it and as a character, and as a player. Valguarnera, you never answered to ANY prayer or attempt to reach you and ask, what the hell do you want. You never told us what do you want, what displeases you or what you would like us to do. That¡¦s sick, and that¡¦s not a guidance of the cabal. I hope Beroxxus will take care of scions now, since you lost interest in that (imho).

After a few weeks I got lured back to the chasm by Jhaelryna. Next day, when I couldn¡¦t defend chasm against a paladin, thief, arcane and invoker alone, I got kicked out and titled: ¡¥Thornarcrull the Coward, Exile of Scion¡¦. That¡¦s sick too. If I would return I wouldn¡¦t be able to do anything useful in such situation ¡V even if I would die, I wouldn¡¦t save the archmage. If you need pointless sacrifices, Valguarnera, find someone else. Many said, that I care for the gear and because of this I avoided dangers. No. Gear is a last thing that I care about.

Anyways, I¡¦ve been enjoying the character so much that I didn¡¦t care for so sorry cabal, where my efforts cannot be estimated or rewarded (as a character, obviously). As I player, I know that any (more or less skilled) game developer understands that not only success must be rewarded, but effort too. Valguarnera became immortal foe of Thornarcrull and lost respect in my eyes as of a player.

I kept pulling myself into the mask¡¦s quest, but Nepenthe (?) seems haven¡¦t been interested in allowing me inside. I¡¦ve spoken with the mask only once or twice, briefly. I¡¦ve been waiting for it to ¡¥awake¡¦ and had some ideas, but bah¡K the mask was so dead.

Next thing I saw was Darmok and his title ¡¥the Bloodoath¡¦. I met him, spoken briefly¡K and he deleted next day. Curses. Thornarcrull decided to continue what ¡¥he¡¦ begun, since no one else would (I didn¡¦t know anything of Kalmah at that time). He begun to recalling old Empire, seeking immortals, and such. I met Kalmah and spoken to him of the Empire. I lied to him that I¡¦ve been chosen by Darmok to lead the divine sect. Myself and Kalmah¡K I begun to form my ¡¥squad¡¦, seeking someone, who would like to be imperial, or liked that idea.

It took a month or so to form more or less worthy group. Myself and Kalmah were heart of it, then arrived Zekasiq and Syrentil (bitch!), and some others. I convinced Narissa to join us, promising her¡K well, that¡¦s IC. ƒº
Soon I realized that Zekasiq and Syrentil understanding Empire in a ¡¥right¡¦ way ¡V way, in which I saw it by myself. We begun to slowly and carefully twisting Darmok¡¦s and Kalmah¡¦s views upon the Empire, until Kalmah couldn¡¦t stand it anymore and then we proclaimed him as a foe. Kalmah didn¡¦t stay for long and, after Zekasiq killed him, Kalmah committed suicide.

We won that round, but still had no idea, will our effort be noticed or not. Despite that, I organized a ¡¥research¡¦. Together with Zekasiq we begun researching imperial goals, ideology, structure. Our researches we have been sending to the members of the ¡¥Foundation¡¦, as I called the empire-wannabies. I don¡¦t know, if our views and ideas was even accepted by the Immortals; but structure of the current Empire matches exactly of what we researched (I won¡¦t go into details; Khasotholas, I¡¦d like to hear your comment on that ¡V our researches has any use to you, or we just foresee what will come?).

One day, while we have been sitting at Hillcrest with Zekasiq, we had the ¡¥First Sign¡¦. Booming laughter (I know who you are now!), and a wishing of ¡¥a good researches, divine¡¦. As I understand now, it was a quite sarcastic comment. But it inspired me (I don¡¦t know, if Zekasiq felt the same). Bloodoath have been developed and sent to the Empire.

At the same time, we have been posting ¡¥Imperial News¡¦, describing goals of the Empire, and slowly twisting it, like we did it before. At the same time, while I¡¦ve been ¡¥preaching¡¦ in the inn and everyone have been laughing at me, another ¡¥sign¡¦ was given. Voice laughed at them and calls them ¡¥a fools¡¦. Soon after that I begun receiving scrolls or tells of these, who have been seeking empire. Not many of them managed to hero, but slowly our group have been growing.

I don¡¦t think end of the story is unknown to you, so I won¡¦t continue wasting your time on describing our ¡¥popularization¡¦ and arising of the Empire. At that time, we have been famous enough and acted like we are already inside the cabal.

End of the story. I¡¦ll post farewells now, but first I want to admit, that it¡¦s most interesting and funny character that I ever had.

------------- Part 2, FAREWELLS. --------------------------------------------

Immortals.

Arvam.
I have chosen you because I thought you won¡¦t mind a ¡¥peaceful¡¦ drow healer. Oh, I¡¦ve been so mistaken! Counter wise, you didn¡¦t like Thorn, and preferred Merzofyazn. Blast, I played this character this way intentionally, since I¡¦m tired of ¡¥drow=evil fu#r¡¦ characters. Alas, our opinions on the didn¡¦t match. I tried to interact with you, but you had no (or so I believe) interest in my character. After pointless prayers to you, I decided not to bother you anymore. I hope, you saw difference between early Thorn and older Thorn. Perhaps I even deserved your mark at the end, but I lost interest in you and your mark. Yet, I think, I followed your religion damn well, and this is why (list of my tittles, demonstrating different kind of experience):

Thornarcrull the Protector of Faith
Thornarcrull the Coward, Exile of Scion
Thornarcrull the Dark Preacher, Exile of Scion
Thornarcrull the Dark Preacher
Thornarcrull the Protector of Faith, Bloodoath
Thornarcrull the Protector of the Faith, Bloodoath, Death Marked by the Phoenix
Thornarcrull the Mute Protector of the Faith, Bloodoath, Death Marked by the Phoenix
Thornarcrull the Tongueless Protector of the Faith, Bloodoath, Death Marked by the Phoenix
Thornarcrull the Protector of Faith, Imperial Citizen
Thornarcrull the Tongueless Imperial Citizen, Death-Marked of the Phoenix

Enough said, I experienced a lot, as I planned to do. Since my sphere was revelation/divination, I dedicated my life to experience so many situations as possible. I had success in that, you cannot deny it.
I¡¦d like to thank you for not unempowering me, since I would unempowered ¡¥follower¡¦, who ¡¥forgot¡¦ of his own deity. Thank you. Hope you don¡¦t regret that you have empowered me.

Valguarnera.
Well¡K I remember you mortal, I remember you heroimm in the chasm, and I liked you a lot better when you haven¡¦t been so proud. This time I didn¡¦t see any effort that you would put into the Scion cabal. Perhaps I¡¦m unworthy of your blessed invaluable attention, but, as I mentioned before, I lost any respect to you that I had before.
Despite that, I have nothing against you. Just disappointed.

Thrakburzug.
Damnit! Probably a most funny and interesting immortal I ever interacted with! Thank you a lot for attention, and hope you had fun with those packages. I only regret that I lost your bracelet. Damn elves. I would gladly accept your invitation, and nearly accepted it (as I said, so damn tempting!), but I¡¦ve been occupied with the Empire already. Otherwise, I would become clan¡¦s priest with great pleasure. It would be very, very interesting, and I can¡¦t understand that healer, who have been empowered by you, got in into the clan and deleted short time after that. With already working cabal-like system, filled with orcs, I cannot even imagine what would I do. We would takeover the whole land!
I tried to roll up a character, who would join the clan. It was Fierrogath, and I had fun with him, but playing AP¡¦s, especially giants¡K I couldn¡¦t. Besides, I am barely playing more than one character. Hope you enjoyed brief interaction with him, but he was a loser (and tanked like a true orc, i.e. didn¡¦t tank at all). Good luck with your clan!

Khasotholas.
Well¡K I don¡¦t know what to say. Or nothing, or too much. I¡¦ll try to stay in the middle. I¡¦ve no idea, if you liked my character or not. We interacted many times, or even a lot of times. I hope that my ¡¥work¡¦ served your goals well enough, though Empire would ¡¥arise¡¦ sooner or later despite of my presence, I believe. I just hope that you enjoyed my presence in pseudo-cabal. I¡¦m writing this, while Empire cabal isn¡¦t there yet, and, honestly, I have no idea, will it be implemented or not. But, to be honest, that doesn¡¦t important to me as of the player. We are the cabal, even without the powers, even with so crazy opposition, we are fighting back.
29.04.2003 ¡V Yesterday I wrote that we have no powers, and today I am a Bloodoath. Beware, goodies!

Onglaurst.
That time you caught me alone in kuo-toa¡K I thought I won¡¦t survive that meeting and prepared for a ¡¥proud death¡¦. Seems, you¡¦ve been in a good mood and didn¡¦t cleave me with your axe, as you wished later, in the palace. Outstanding personality, you are the most ¡¥imaginable¡¦ immortal that I ever met. I have a solid picture of you as of the character, though we interacted only a few times.

Shadow Empire.
Blade at my neck¡K rolling away¡K snickering. As you should, you are sneaky and stealthy. I met you only¡K twice? And every meeting was quite ¡¥dangerous¡¦. I knew that you are there before you revealed yourself at the Palace, as a shadowy figure. Smart me!

Scarabaeus.
Thank you for the invitation. I hope I¡¦ll use it someday, and I¡¦m very upset that I couldn¡¦t use it in time. We didn¡¦t interact much this time, but every time I meet you I¡¦m being impressed by your personality (*whistle*). Hopefully, I won¡¦t delete until I perform what I promised¡K and complete our little bargain. A shame that you closed your Temple, you had a very nice religion.

Intronan.
We briefly spoken a few times, discussing your philosophy and religion. I am still don¡¦t know it completely, nor seems will have a way to learn it now. I¡¦ve spoken to some of your followers, trying to understand it, but without any result. All that I gained, was ¡¥learn it yourself¡¦. Funny. Good luck with whatever you are up to. I bet your next personality won¡¦t be worse that you had.

Straklaw.
Good orc! We had fun. You preferred Merzofyazn to me, and we even fought some times because of that. But I told you that I¡¦m better! . Always been hard to keep you alive, suicidal chief!

Sabiene.
One of the few true lightwalkers. You deserved immortalship. One of the few villagers, who have been speaking to me while I¡¦ve been even scion. Though, we didn¡¦t speak of anything particular, nice to meet you. I never understood, why are you of the village, though¡K guess, you have your own reasons. Good luck, and make some nice areas!

Vynmlauk.
I truly dislike you and despise your followers. You are running the ¡¥honor¡¦ sphere. Yes, it¡¦s not common honor, but it doesn¡¦t mean that your followers will lie, hunt in squads of 5-10, and, especially, kill guildguards. I remember when I¡¦ve been sitting at the chasm and five or six maranosylvans approached and attacked the Nightwalker. Next thing I heard was Sassmi¡¦s yell about ¡¥kill the dishonored dogs!¡¦. Nonsense.

------------------------------------------------- Enough for Immortals. ļ

Part 3, Mortals!
(sorted by the cabals)

I¡¦ll begin with Scions, since it was the first cabal I entered. I didn¡¦t play for a year or more, and first character, as I mentioned before, was a necromancer. I played him two months and rolled Thornarcrull, who joined the chasm.

----- SCIONS -----

Anith!
Of course, it will be you, Anith. I don¡¦t know, what to say, since everything have been said already. But you are most enjoyable scion I ever met, since scions appeared. You deleted soon after I heroed, and seems you had a reason¡K but you pissed me badly. I thought we will bring power to the chasm. Alas. Impressive roleplaying, good skills in combat¡K I couldn¡¦t enter the Hell to save your soul, as I promised, since the trip happened when my girlfriend had a birthday. CF is a good thing, but I worth RL a lot more, as seems you do.

Aginal.
We had fun, bloody fun. Seems we have been unstoppable. Good luck, if you are playing, and good luck, if you do not. I miss a skilled invoker, though we have a very potential one now (look below).

Trajeona.
We didn¡¦t interact much. I fully realized that you are drow healer only after I reached thirty ranks or so. You should induct me earlier. Well played, though we didn¡¦t interact much. I couldn¡¦t replace you, since I hate suicides and do not see worth in them.

Jhaelryna.
I knew your first chancellor, and I do not see any difference between them. It was me, who taught you of the kteng¡¦s secret. We had a good competition in that quest, but you are speaking English much better than I do, so I had no chances! ƒº Otherwise you wouldn¡¦t have any chances. I¡¦m curious to see, where will you lead the Chasm, and expect you to become Immortal quite soon, with such potential. But in combat, you are nothing, as before. Good luck to you, enjoyed you a lot.

Who did I forgot? I should forget someone.

----- BATTLE -----

We surely had fun. Brute, dangerous, deadly. Fighting you was like playing the Russian roulette. At the end, I (I hope) became pain in your ass, since always I could find someone to join me and raid the village, killing every one of you there. I died to the villagers couple of times, and I can surely say, I HATE entwine by the destructor. Good thing Destructor cannot entwine himself.
Don¡¦t think I¡¦ll mention any of you, though there were many of you, who deserve mentioning. But I outlived so many of you, so I won¡¦t recall your names and such. I¡¦ll gladly answer on your constructive comments.

Thror and Kastellyn.
Thank you for that slaughtering. Enjoyed such divine attention, though you could do it in a better style. I can understand your anger, though¡K you should have been quite pissed.

----- MARANS -----

I don¡¦t like any of you. I had a maran few years ago, when there weren¡¦t cabal. They had honor and bravery; they were true defenders of light and bringers of vengeance. Now, you are nothing but a bunch of gangbangers, who whine when we have chance to gather together in a small group and kick your loosy asses. Whining overpowered suckers, nothing else.
I do not see any worth a mention maran of last years. Maybe I¡¦m biased. But I hate every one of you. You call imperials gangbangers and lackeys (not all of you, but most of you do). That¡¦s ridiculous. You have x5, x6, x7 more members in the fortress; you always bunching together to hunt evils. You are worst gangbangers I ever seen, worst, than old Empire were, and none of you will have any respect. I just hope someday you and sylvans will merge into one cabal, so I¡¦ll destroy it with my ¡¥gangbangers¡¦. ƒº
Shokai¡K how could you become¡K that?? Where are that shining paladin, destroyer of the darkness, bringer of light? You remind me a little kobold now, who found a railgun and shooting everyone from his burrow.
Ah, and I apology for¡K you know what for. I barely remember what happened. That day I¡¦ve been visiting some nightclubs and returned absolutely inadequate. When I awoke, I checked the log and¡K uh oh.

----- ACOLYTE -----
See maran. No difference.

----- WARLOCKS -----

I cannot say that I know you. I tried to speak with Jhard, Sao, someone else ¡V for no result. ¡¥You are evil! You will die! MUST DIE! MUST DIE! MUST DIE! MAAAZDIIIIEEE!!!¡¦ it¡¦s all that I heard. Aiyaka is an exception which I respect. You are marans#2 and nothing else ¡V same bunch of gangbangers. Another most pointless cabal in the game. But you cannot even take the first place, since you are so pointless. Goodbye.

----- ARBITER ---

You are better, than before. Good to see that change. But amongst you, only few worth mention (or you are good enough but I don¡¦t know you). I was flagged five times, and five times I managed to remove my flags without dying. Old arbiters would never do so (stubborn retards!).

Bouwlrin.
Damn you. I always spelled your name as ¡¥Bowlring¡¦ and missed communes\tells\whatever else. Most funny arbie I ever met, I liked your speech since the beginning, when I raided the spire with lightwalking entropy conjurer. LOL. Yaiec or like that was his name, and your guards kicked me out of there quite fast. A shame that you deleted, but daily reclothing can piss anyone, I suppose.

Farnsworth.
Bastard. I told you that I cannot go that day, yet you went there and deleted soon after. I hate you. Most respected arbie I ever met. That trap with Merzofyazn¡K almost got me, and your bloody shackles¡K nightmare to the criminal. That time I was flagged for nothing, and I didn¡¦t try to fool you. Ah well, Noldruk removed it anyways. We had fun, though interacted not much as I would like to. Another time.

Futaleufu.
Another well played arbiter, who haven¡¦t been sitting in the city all the time and enjoyed exploring or adventuring. Well played, though not very solid character. I still can¡¦t completely understand you. But anyways, glad we met in the game, and enjoyed our adventures.

There were many of you, who are good players, but we never interacted enough to become familiar or worth mention (at the time I¡¦m writing this). Don¡¦t mind if I forgot you or didn¡¦t mention here ¡V this scroll is getting huge already.

----- SYLVAN -----
My first hero was sylvan. I liked you a lot, and, if I would play sylvan, I would like you. Probably I would even like Sassmi (doubt it, though). Planting, setting briars, wall of thorns, and summoning there. Uh. I just regret that now (while I¡¦m writing this note) we have no altar and I cannot stop you from the hiding. Arrgh.

Sassmi.
I barely accuse someone in ooc relationship. I won¡¦t do it this time either, though¡K never mind. Never saw you alone; never saw you coming alone; you worn the mark of the ¡¥honor¡¦ sphere (I believe your primary sphere were something else, but honor is a part of that religion), and you always have been gangbanging. You made sylvan and maran cabal the same, and I won¡¦t be surprised if someday these two cabals will unite (since there are no difference now: you raid marans and sylvans coming; you raid sylvan and marans coming). I don¡¦t like you and don¡¦t believe you did a good job for CF and for the players; yet I cannot deny your skills on the battlefield. You never spoken to me, except for the briefly insults. Up to you.

Griimbling.
You shall speak more to your foes. Perhaps you¡¦ll find something interesting. We fought a lot, and I hope you enjoyed our battles. Think you deserved that captainship. I think you tried to split marans and sylvans into two different cabals again (if it was you), but you failed. After you gone, or was offline, the story have repeated. Alas. (if it was you, again). Cya.

Starkad.
You remind me Sassmi by your actions. Remind me a lot, mr. sylvanomaran. Never interacted with any of us, and quite weak. Yet you are a good runner, and for that my *tip* to you. Look farewell to Sassmi for the details (except for the last two phrases).

Rest of sylvans.
You accause us, imperials, in gangbanging, but you do the same exactly, and even worse: you always team up with marans. Always. That¡¦s disgusting. I slew a lot of you, with great, great pleasure, and alone, and with an army.

----- HERALD, TROUPE, AND THE REST -----

I didn¡¦t speak too much to you, mainly because I got booted. Not intentional, but when horde of marans coming for you, and you set a bladebarrier to protect yourself a little, YOU are attacking the barkeepers. This is how I got booted. I couldn¡¦t find strength/time to settle up that festival, nor do I think it¡¦s my work. After I got booted, I barely spoken to you.

Shil¡¦Uzar.
Only one drow woman, that I enjoyed, but a tricky and selfish one. Despite that, I liked you. Good roleplaying, always nice to meet you and just speak. That mask¡K we had some fun with it. You should tell me why monk is coming to you (I know it now), but it would not work for me anyways. I found my own way, though¡K but don¡¦t think I have enough health for that. Another time.

Airael.
Only one druid that I spoken to with a pleasure. When I gated to you to that island, I came to slay you and take the mask. But you didn¡¦t attack me (surprising), so, instead, I decided to speak with you and realize, what is going on. I¡¦m glad that instead of primitive fighting we have spoken not only once, but kept interacting until one of us are dead. I don¡¦t know how will that story end, but for some reason I don¡¦t think I¡¦ll be that ¡¥happy-chosen-boy¡¦. Would be interesting, though. Good played, solid character.

Aneriasha.
Good girl, interesting to speak with. I still have no idea, why are you marked for death. In my role I am exile from the drow city, and should be marked the same way. Though, I don¡¦t mind absence of such mark. Thank you for your aid, and sad that I cannot enter the inn, or I would spent more time with you.

Iunna.
Thank you for your hint. It helped me. Sorry that I couldn¡¦t settle up the festival; with my knowledge of the language it¡¦s truly difficult. Besides, alone I wouldn¡¦t do it, and since I can¡¦t get in, it¡¦s troublesome.

Rest of the Inn.
Hm¡K I think I forgot someone. Of course, I did. Remind me, if you like.

----- NEXUS -----

I like idea of the balance, but I don¡¦t like how it¡¦s realized. When I look for my range, I see three paladins, three slvans, two warlocks, myself and, say, two scions. Rest is uncaballed or not an ally and not a foe. So, against three of us we see eight or nine foes, and often ¡V a lot more. When I ask nexus of the status, often I hear answer that ¡¥dark side dominates¡¦ or the same nonsense. The calculation system must be changed. Let¡¦s say, it would involve levels of the people (one hero, 51 level, = 51 character of first level). . Or something like that. You understand what I meant.

Urzkoo.
Impressive and amazing machine of destruction. I do not imagine you with battle powers ¡V it would be sick. Perhaps Minlacar was something like you (or was it you?). Always had fun when we were together; clear roleplaying of true cloud giant. Good work, and tons of fun. Especially when I cleaved you in half.

Sokoerker and Zherukin.
With you we had a lot of fun as well. Strong, almost same as Urzkoo, and not less skilled, both of you. We made a good team, and I cannot recall time when we failed each other. Well done. When you gone, nexus became empty, despite it¡¦s members.

I can¡¦t remember many of you, partly because I don¡¦t remember you, or I cannot recall your name. Don¡¦t be offended if you don¡¦t see yourself here.

----- ENTROPY, SHADOW, SCARAB -----

Since there are very few of you, I¡¦ll unite you in this group. I interacted with any of you, and can¡¦t say I regret that. Interesting, usually uncommon characters, and usually very interesting to interact with. Perhaps someday a group of zealots will re-open these cabals, like we (bah! I know it¡¦s not dependant on us) are re-opening Empire cabal.

----- EMPIRE! I FORGOT MY OWN CITIZENS. -----

Where to begin¡K I¡¦ve no idea. A short story of it¡¦s beginning I wrote above. So, I suppose, I describe it¡¦s current status and my feelings about it. Later I¡¦ll add something, if I¡¦ll live long enough or if something will change¡K will be interesting to watch it, and for myself, and for you, perhaps.
Empire is not in full power, as of before. We still have no official cabal, and still nothing changed in the Imperial City. But we have weekly (plus-minus some days) immterractions, informing us that ¡¥Empire will form very soon¡¦. Soon seems a bit different for players and Immortals, but I believe to implement Empire, sects, powers, help files, and whatever else is required takes a lot of time ¡V maybe more, than implementers thought. They could also have a RL stuff, so we are waiting (most of us do). Some of imperials stopped showing, some deleted.
But even without cabal channel, guardians and powers, most of us feel ourselves as a real imperials, and acts according this status. I noticed some changes, such as help file added to Khasotholas religion.

--- EMPIRE!
Now, some farewells to the imperials, dead or not at the moment.

Zekasiq.
You are first, of course. I know that you don¡¦t like me and my character, but that doesn¡¦t hurt me much. Despite your disliking, you roleplayed well with Thornarcrull, and I would never suspect any dislike from you. I especially posted that ¡¥I symbolize empire¡¦ thing to see, who and how will react. You, by advertising your own character, disappointed me a lot. But still, you are one of my favorite imperials, even when you are dead.
About my vanishing and reappearing, It begun when I caught influenza. Not usual one, but some mutated disease which nearly ended my life. Soon as I recovered, I had a lot of things to do. Even then, I would show up, if I wouldn¡¦t leave my city to visit some conference, where I got stuck for a long, long time ¡V much longer than I expected to be.
I suppose, you counted my character dead and tried to take authority, which I had. You would, of course, success, if I wouldn¡¦t return ¡V but you should remember, that I promised to return. You even tried to order me¡K that was very nice turn in your life.
So, again, well played, good character. And, I don¡¦t like you as a player too, but that¡¦s not a secret. Good thing many can split character from the player¡K but even more cannot do so.

Syrentil.
My favorite anti-paladin. It¡¦s a shame that you lasted so short; I couldn¡¦t support you enough to gather enough souls and enough protective things for you, such as rods and wands. I still hate you for deleting ¡V should you stick around, you wouldn¡¦t have problems with your axe, rods or whatever else. We were a good team, even if these bastards called us ¡¥gangbangers¡¦. I don¡¦t care what idiots saying, though, and you shouldn¡¦t¡K but, again, I believe loose of the miraculous Axe can piss anyone. Good played character, enjoyable and interesting ¡V and very, very mean.

Darmok.
I never knew you; but I know what you lost. You lost tons of fun, you lost innumerous events which you¡¦ll never experience now. Your deletion was a worst mistake in your life as of the player. And as of the character too. I¡¦ve no idea what are you up to, but I feel sorry for you.
I used your name to throw myself into it, and glad that I did it. These, who disagreed with my presence, I got dead¡K with some aid, of course¡K and it went smooth. I usurped what belonged to you and to Kalmah. But weak do not deserve such power. (it¡¦s not me, it¡¦s Thorn speaks - *innocent*).

Kalmah.
You had good intentions, but you always have been choosing the worst ways to reach your goals. I, honestly, tried to save your life, though I already took your authority and you was not a treat to me. But you didn¡¦t listen. Even after I solved that quarrel between you and Zekasiq (which I quietly initiated to decrease your influence), you kept doing strange, and from time to time, stupid things. At the end, you angered every single member of the Foundation and I decided not to interfere. You got killed and deleted for your own mistakes. End of the story.

Horkanpz, my Apprentice.
When you, as a rank 20-25 asked for some heals (or aura?), and promised to be my apprentice, I didn¡¦t pay attention, since I often receive such promises or offers. Later, when some warrior asked me for something and called me a ¡¥master¡¦, I was quite surprised. I didn¡¦t recognize you, until you reminded me. Since that time, I accepted new apprentice, and tried to guide you as well as possible. We had great battles, good and bad times, and, I truly hope, you enjoyed that. It¡¦s a shame that you deleted when I¡¦ve been gone for a while. You haven¡¦t been most skilled warrior I ever met, but you sure had faith and dedication (using terms of Thornarcrull). Be well, requiesant in pace.

Gramukzul and Fedhiob.
Are you twins? I like each of you, though Gramukzul seems works on Sakard! But that doesn¡¦t matter. We fought a lot, won a lot, and had to run a lot. Both strong in spirit, and on the battlefield.
Gamukzul, I would be much happier, if you could entwine more often, and use eyejab or chock from time to time. Good and worthy blade, I¡¦m glad you decided to suffer together with us such outnumbering.
Fedhiob, not less worthy blade of the Empire. Good skills, good roleplaying. I laughed so much when you voted for me at the temple, but not on the situation, but because the reason you voted for me. Good and already old times!

Narissa.
Perfectly roleplaying evil priestess. Not much to say, you are good in roleplaying and, as most of the womans, not so good on the battlefield ¡V but I always been glad to travel with you, since it meant a good bit of interaction. I hope you¡¦ll find a business within the Empire sooner or later, and good luck with your job.
29.04.2003 - you just immed and completely pissed me off. I expected you to work with us. Blast.

Ryaskyth.
That was funny as hell. First thing I see when I return, it¡¦s note of some unknown to me bard, who calls himself as a ¡¥Leader of the Imperial Blades¡¦. What the f$%k. We did so much work, and someone else sneaks behind our backs and proclaims himself as a some ¡¥leader¡¦?! Kill him, my first intention, followed by the order.
We meet in the Palace, debate, I¡¦m getting angry (Thornarcrull didn¡¦t believe in your story) and I kick you out of there. That mace surprised you, I bet.
Next, I¡¦ve been told that you have been chosen by the minotaur himself. But it¡¦s too late, and Thornarcrull do not believe in that ¡¥nonsense¡¦.
Next Thornarcull meeting the Minotaur in kuo-toa, who is going to cleave him in half for disliking his ¡¥chosen¡¦. Whoa, I¡¦m telling to myself¡K he is truly chosen. But not that fact made me happy¡K the fact that Minotaur treating us as an imperials.
I had no choice but end the quarrel, and we gone ¡¥bringing order to the lands¡¦ together.
Glad you are here (there), enjoyed and you, and your skills.

Sakard.
I don¡¦t like your character, and you know this. I suppose, you don¡¦t like me, so, vice versa. I don¡¦t think you truly understand way of the Empire, or our ideology. It¡¦s understandable, you missed a lot. But what is sad, you seems do not wish to learn anything that we are telling you, except for Khasotholas. Very sad.
I didn¡¦t like you for one more reason: every time we traveled or hunted, you tried to command my group. When I¡¦ve been saying ¡¥west¡¦, you was saying ¡¥east¡¦, which pissed me a lot and confused the whole group. I had soooo much fun when I decided not to group you and you and you followed us like the little puppy to every place we were going to.
You had enough of this and had no choice to keep your mouth closed. I almost believed that you are not so ill person, when I took the oath and lost my powers. You immediately tried to usurp the ¡¥authority¡¦ that I had. I realized today that you are or truly idiot, or you are very young person. Perhaps you need to play dolls instead of interacting with other players.

Alvoroiz.
Good mage, tell me, you have innumerous value of constitution? You seems do not care for your health, rushing in battle and staying often until death. Must be funny. Didn¡¦t see any roleplaying attempts, though, but always enjoyed your company.

And two neo (at the moment) imperials, Zhekril and Navarro.
I¡¦ve been told not to recruit new applicants, and deny existence of the Empire or it¡¦s arising. Despite that, people didn¡¦t believe in that, and I couldn¡¦t convince them that Empire doesn¡¦t exist. But following Khasotholas¡¦s order, I stopped recruiting new applicants. You two came to me by yourself, and both completed tasks, that could piss off a lot of players.
Zhekril, you begun as not very skilled invoker, but with every day I saw your progress. Using different tactics and showing creativity, you becoming a truly strong invoker. Perhaps I¡¦m mistaken, but I think it¡¦s your first invoker, and seems you enjoy him. I¡¦m glad that you also do not quit away when you see twenty people in your range and only one evil ¡V yourself. Keep the good work.
Navarro. Perfect work. Nothing else to say. Good style.

Rest of us, Weengroht, Naldaeruth, Mufasaw (I think you¡¦ll get ¡¥in¡¦ soon enough).
I didn¡¦t interact or travel much with you, so I can¡¦t say much. Skilled it seems, you caught a good time to join us, otherwise you would have to speak with me much more, as well as battling our foes. You are barely online, or playing something else ¡V and I hate that.

----- UNCABALLED AND THE REST -----

Queesha.
Of course, it¡¦s you. Most sweet invoker I ever met. Sorry for that cleaving, not intentional, but again, funny as hell. We always been exploring, and, hopefully, with pleasure. Though I¡¦ve been nearly everywhere now, I cannot remember every place, and it¡¦s a good thing. A year of delay, and Octagonal tower is a mystery again. Especially if it was revamped or even changed slightly. It¡¦s a shame that there are so few areas to explore ¡V except for player killing or interacting not many things left to do for us now¡K
Very skilled, sniggering gnome ¡V that¡¦s a living nightmare to the drow. Thank you for the gift, though I lost it (with my presence in the fields it¡¦s not surprising; I¡¦m 100% not a hoarder and prefer to loose stuff and regain it, but play, instead of remaining offline). A bit sad, you stopped showing when you got rings of regeneration. Don¡¦t become a hoarder. Sacrifice them, and ¡¥live a full life¡¦!

Paladins.
All of you. Overpowered characters. I¡¦ve no idea, who are behind the characters, but I believe it¡¦s some sick people, who try to satisfy their ego (or something else) by playing these machines. Do you really enjoy it? I bet you do. I knew a person, who always played Doom with IDDQD and IDKFA. I believe, you are of that kind.
I truly believe that this class must be or removed (yes, I¡¦m not crazy), or completely revamped. I¡¦m not whining, since I know them from the both sides ¡V and as a foe, and as a friend, and I had a paladin by myself. To prevent blaming, I¡¦ll admit, that I deleted him at fourty ranks, since I had no interest in playing with cheat codes.
I¡¦m not saying they are invulnerable or unkilliable. We slew many of them and more to come. Bah, you know reasons of people, who believe that paladins are overpowered, and I won¡¦t repeat them.
Despise. All of you, and doesn¡¦t matter, how well are you roleplaying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ end of farewells.

PART 3, ¡§Some famous last words¡¨

I never had so much immterraction before, even if I sum up all my characters together. Same I could say about the fun. Imterractions always brings fun, even if some Imm slays you in cold blood, after he slays rest of your group. I laughed a lot.

Very likely that it¡¦s my last character. I have no addiction, and I took everything that I could take from CF. Idea of leveling up someone else, idea of writing role, idea of making him interesting stuns me in shock. Hell no. Between my successful characters I always had a break (year or two), so, I believe, it¡¦s time to take a break. Perhaps I¡¦ll return someday, but if not, none will miss me.

Khasotholas, I¡¦d like to post the ¡¥Brief story of the Empire creation¡¦ ¡V a log, compiled from our imterractions and probably some interactions with other involved players. It will take a time to find it all, sort and edit, so, if you don¡¦t like to see it here (or somewhere else), I won¡¦t waste my time on needless work.

I didn¡¦t try to make this ¡¥note¡¦ so huge. It¡¦s a brief farewell, honestly.
My email: dr_avatar@hotmail.com. I do not check it often, though.

I¡¦m out. Safe.

Felgaire, shut up.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Couple things, Shadowmaster, 27-May-03 12:00 AM, #73
Reply RE: [DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy, Alvoroiz (Guest), 26-May-03 02:23 AM, #72
Reply Ah, craps!, Airael (Guest), 24-May-03 08:17 PM, #70
Reply Secret of the lastname (popular question), Thornarcrull (Guest), 21-May-03 10:09 AM, #62
Reply By the special request: Zharaluzar, Thornarcrull (Guest), 20-May-03 11:50 AM, #53
Reply Nice run you had there., Anith (Guest), 20-May-03 09:30 AM, #48
Reply Hey!, Thornarcrull (Guest), 20-May-03 11:25 AM, #51
Reply RE: [DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy, Khasotholas, 20-May-03 06:08 AM, #43
Reply RE: [DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy, Thornarcrull (Guest), 20-May-03 06:22 AM, #45
Reply sorry to see you go, penlerixid (Guest), 20-May-03 01:51 AM, #38
Reply Yep., Thornarcrull (Guest), 20-May-03 06:08 AM, #44
Reply (longish)Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy ???, Narissa, 19-May-03 10:34 PM, #32
Reply RE: (longish)Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy ???, Thornarcrull (Guest), 20-May-03 05:57 AM, #42
Reply Boulwrin = Merzofyzan =, Dugruain, 19-May-03 04:08 PM, #28
Reply What I'd like to know, Dranthaax (Guest), 19-May-03 02:41 PM, #23
Reply Ha!, Thornarcrull (Guest), 20-May-03 05:29 AM, #40
Reply What can I say?, Lruthlor (Guest), 19-May-03 02:08 PM, #20
Reply Well I have to say I disagree with at least one thing, Sylvrin (Guest), 19-May-03 01:57 PM, #19
Reply hasta la bye bye, shokai, 19-May-03 01:55 PM, #18
Reply I am continually amazed by..., Zulghinlour, 19-May-03 02:36 PM, #22
Reply And I'm cool with that!, Sakard, 19-May-03 03:35 PM, #25
Reply RE: I am continually amazed by..., confused (Guest), 19-May-03 03:36 PM, #26
     Reply hrm..., shokai, 19-May-03 03:48 PM, #27
     Reply RE: hrm..., Isildur, 20-May-03 12:38 AM, #35
          Reply RE: hrm..., Narissa, 20-May-03 01:06 AM, #36
          Reply Well ya see..., shokai, 20-May-03 01:22 AM, #37
               Reply RE: Well ya see..., Isildur, 20-May-03 09:59 AM, #49
                    Reply Someday I'll tell you..., Sylvrin (Guest), 20-May-03 02:28 PM, #57
     Reply A response (and a few comments for Thorn as well), nepenthe, 20-May-03 12:23 AM, #34
          Reply RE: A response (and a few comments for Thorn as well), Thornarcrull (Guest), 20-May-03 05:43 AM, #41
Reply Re: Tonguelessness:, Valguarnera, 19-May-03 04:41 PM, #29
Reply ROFL, Lruthlor (Guest), 19-May-03 04:45 PM, #30
Reply RE: ROFL...DITTO!, Sylvrin (Guest), 19-May-03 04:57 PM, #31
     Reply RE: ROFL...DITTO!, Lruthlor (Guest), 20-May-03 01:27 PM, #55
Reply RE: Re: Tonguelessness:, Vlad (Guest), 19-May-03 11:50 PM, #33
Reply RE: Yaofhil, Valguarnera, 20-May-03 02:52 AM, #39
     Reply RE: Yaofhil, Vladamir, 20-May-03 11:02 AM, #50
          Reply agreed, Sossaphrin (Guest), 20-May-03 05:36 PM, #61
Reply heh, Thornarcrull (Guest), 20-May-03 06:31 AM, #46
Reply I see your point and agree, but..., Thornarcrull (Guest), 20-May-03 11:39 AM, #52
     Reply wherein we go to the log for commentary:, shokai, 20-May-03 02:05 PM, #56
          Reply My impression, Ulthur, 20-May-03 02:32 PM, #58
          Reply This really shows, Nightgauntish (Guest), 20-May-03 03:09 PM, #59
          Reply Bad Rp? Not really and here's why, Gwyn, 20-May-03 03:35 PM, #60
               Reply RE: Bad Rp? Not really and here's why, Doge, 23-May-03 01:01 PM, #63
                    Reply Now let me say why I did not like it., Nightgauntish (Guest), 23-May-03 01:55 PM, #64
                         Reply RE: Now let me say why I did not like it., nepenthe, 23-May-03 03:33 PM, #65
                              Reply But, Thornarcrull (Guest), 24-May-03 08:45 AM, #67
                                   Reply RE: But, Zulghinlour, 24-May-03 11:40 AM, #68
                                   Reply *sigh*, shokai, 24-May-03 05:18 PM, #69
                                   Reply RE: But, -TSM (Guest), 26-May-03 02:19 AM, #71
          Reply Sorry, I can't keep myself from this comment., permanewbie, 24-May-03 02:11 AM, #66
Reply RE: Note re: roles:, Valguarnera, 19-May-03 01:07 PM, #14
Reply Thank you for..., The bandwagon (Guest), 19-May-03 12:50 PM, #12
Reply I don't really think..., Thornarcrull (Guest), 19-May-03 01:06 PM, #13
     Reply RE: I don't really think..., Zulghinlour, 19-May-03 01:35 PM, #16
          Reply Yea, don't say you were the reason you got the Empire b..., Sakard, 19-May-03 03:30 PM, #24
               Reply It wasn't me! I did nothing! I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO TH..., Thornarcrull (Guest), 20-May-03 06:39 AM, #47
Reply Don't be an asss., Sassmi (Guest), 19-May-03 12:06 PM, #9
Reply But I am!, Thornarcrull (Guest), 19-May-03 12:20 PM, #11
     Reply RE: But I am!, Isildur, 19-May-03 02:10 PM, #21
Reply RE: [DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy, Lys (Guest), 19-May-03 11:35 AM, #7
Reply Um. Excuses. I wrote that in word and cut-n-pasted. Don..., Thorn-ar-Cruel (Guest), 20-May-03 11:53 AM, #54
Reply RE: [DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy, Zepachu, 19-May-03 10:23 AM, #5
Reply Hey Valg, this time is it really true?, Sakard, 19-May-03 09:29 AM, #4
Reply your talent is not as great as your ego, troll spotter (Guest), 19-May-03 09:26 AM, #3
Reply Doh. Screw that. I didn't mean to be such badass., Thornarcrull (Guest), 19-May-03 10:50 AM, #15
     Reply Was? I'm still alive and still kicking!, Sakard, 19-May-03 11:26 AM, #6
Reply Well I was going to say some nice things, Corealis (Guest), 19-May-03 09:03 AM, #2
Reply ok now a constructive response, heh, Corealis (Guest), 19-May-03 11:58 AM, #8
     Reply RE: ok now a constructive response, heh, Thornarcrull (Guest), 19-May-03 12:16 PM, #10
          Reply RE: ok now a constructive response, heh, Theerkla, 19-May-03 01:52 PM, #17
Reply God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of S..., Ulthur, 19-May-03 08:19 AM, #1

ShadowmasterTue 27-May-03 12:00 AM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17987, "Couple things"
In response to Reply #0

First off, Uhlath hated you IC, but tolerated you because he didn't want a war with the Empire, being uncaballed and all. As a player I thought you were either A) Stupid and lacking in RP, or B) Someone who didn't speak English as his first language and just made mistakes. The time you talked down to Uhlath in Aridhol you should have been dead had I not made a rookie mistake, but such is life. I noticed after that you ganged Vherinnyl and I with a group from the Fortress (if this wasn't the case for you fortress folks, sorry but it seemed that way) and then never bothered me again. All that said I give you a lot of credit, people talked down to you OOC and it carried over into IC stuff, but you kept trucking and actually made some worthwhile headway in getting Empire going and for that I say there is hope for you. Might I suggest a goodie so you can <strong>show</strong> us that not all of them gangbang rather then moan about how they do.

Alvoroiz (Guest)Mon 26-May-03 02:23 AM

#17981, "RE: [DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy"
In response to Reply #0

My con was getting pretty low, and the only reason i was hanging on before i deleted was to see the return of empire and find out what powers arcanes would get (heh). As far as roleplaying, i roleplated twice, but both times were before we had any contact.

Airael (Guest)Sat 24-May-03 08:17 PM

#17960, "Ah, craps!"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see you go dude! I had alot of fun with the interactions and all. Thanks for being another character that made life more interesting and stuff also. You were a great character and to say the least I wont be forgetting you any time soon. Have fun with whatever it is you are going to be doing now and hope to see you again in the fields!

Thornarcrull (Guest)Wed 21-May-03 10:09 AM

#17876, "Secret of the lastname (popular question)"
In response to Reply #0

Buchikong tells the group 'din notice u gave me'

You tell your group 'U..? am I U..?'

Thornarcrull's group:
<22 Hea> Thornarcrull 100% hp 86% mana 31% mv 130574 xp
<19 A-P> Zaraz 93% hp 100% mana 23% mv 118970 xp
<20 Asn> Buchikong 100% hp 100% mana 22% mv 98877 xp

Your last name has been set to 'U'.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 11:50 AM

#17798, "By the special request: Zharaluzar"
In response to Reply #0

Greedy greedy greedy powerseeking equipment-hunting loud speaking bastard!

You know that I'm far, far, FAR BETTER, STRONGER, INTERESTING AND POPULAR.

Now seriously. It's a shame that we NEVER interract, or interract only a few times. It takes about 10-15 minutes per... what, 600 hours?

I suppose you are well played character, but I won't miss you. All those boots are yours now! Enjoy. And don't cheat anymore.

Kidding.

Anith (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 09:30 AM

#17792, "Nice run you had there."
In response to Reply #0

Man, you really lasted a long while. Nice charactor, you knew exactly what to do in every situation. After seeing all the hell you went through after the purge I wished I was there at your side again. I think Scion was more fun before the Purge, when we had a full cabal and dominated the lands...I think we held most of the items of power and kept all the marans in check quite nicely. Guess the Im's wanted Scion to become a cabal of 3 o4 who never are in power....

As for your title of Coward...that was pathetic. You always showed up to fight despite odds and I never once saw you log out when the going got rough. Lame Imm once again....

Only advice for you, is not to post of Dio's with an active charactor...other than that, you kick ass. Hope it was fun.

Lightmage

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 11:25 AM

#17796, "Hey!"
In response to Reply #48

I'm glad that you are still existing!

I never watched all the items locked in the chasm (perhaps with only one exception) since time the Chasm appeared. Good old (allready old) days.

Throw me a link and let's permagroup, powerrank and kickass

KhasotholasTue 20-May-03 06:08 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17787, "RE: [DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy"
In response to Reply #0

Glad you seemed to enjoy the character, and our interactions. To specifically answer a few of your questions, yes, you served my goals fairly well, and did a good job getting Empire going, mort-wise. As for Empire being a pseudo-cabal without powers... mmmm... that's not true. Empire as a cabal is fully in, and ready... it's up to the morts to continue aiding the Empire in prospering, and they'll see the appropriate rewards. I haven't been around for over a week, just got back, sorry I couldn't have a last chat with you. Good luck with your next.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 06:22 AM

#17789, "RE: [DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy"
In response to Reply #43

When I've been writing this farewell, Empire weren't a cabal yet. I missed that when I've been checking/renewing the post. I begun writing this post a month ago, not because I've been going to delete, but because I didn't want to miss anyone.

You do a great job and I'm not surprised to see this horde of followers. This is why I won't go for the Empire/your religion again, though I believe it's one of the best religions in game and you are one of my favorite immortals. ;P (Because of the same reason I didn't go for Intronan's religion).

I hope Empire will not become something like maran-o-warlock-o-sylvan-o-IRC cabal.

==========
Thornarcrull's view on the future of CF:
==========

Cabals except the Empire will be destroyed by the Empire.
Empire becomes only one cabal and politic structure.
Every character are an imperial since the beginning.
Empire will be divided to the four-five sects, which will compete.
Sects will seek power to best other sects and take the power and the throne.
Sects will be splitted and form their own cabals.
The Frist Civil War will begin, war between sects for the Throne.
And so on.

See ya.

penlerixid (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 01:51 AM

#17779, "sorry to see you go"
In response to Reply #0

We didn't interact all that much, but I think you were great. And though a lot of people say they hated you, I think in truth you were the drow we loved to hate. I always saw you as a high-minded I'm so much better than everyone else well role-played drow, that in reality was a little out of touch with what was really going on. I attributed that to a cool role and I think you stuck with it well. Some posts below poked that maybe it wasn't all roleplay, but I still think the role was solid even if that's true. We had some fun chats about the Empire and such in the beginning, back when you were trying to play a less evil drow. And even some explorations using a bridge, something that is pretty rare thesedays. Anyway, good luck and all that.

- Penlerixid

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 06:08 AM

#17788, "Yep."
In response to Reply #38

I never tried to play a 'less evil drow'. I just tried to play a drow, who do not blindly follow law 'goodie=foe'. I interracted with many lightwalkers, and with some of them I managed to speak or even travel. You, Arost, that warlock invoker (Aieckina? Or someone else, forgot) and some others. I fought not against 'light' as 99,99% of evils do, or not against 'darkness', as 99,9999% of goodies do. I fought for the freedom (as Thorn saw that) and for the safety of his kin. He fought against hypocricy (as he saw that) and for the truth.

To be honest, he followed religion of the Scarabaeus's cult.

About RP/RL personaliy... I never posted as a player even here. Even now. Why, I won't explain, since I've been named as a 'cheater' allready. So I'm cheating this way, I'm bad, bad, bad.

Good luck, and thank you for the good interractions.

NarissaMon 19-May-03 10:34 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17766, "(longish)Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy ???"
In response to Reply #0

=== Interaction with you IC ===
I had a blast of a fun time interacting with you. Remember we had tons of discussion about divine/revelation, life after death, honour, etc. I liked your views and thinking of such philosophy and idealogy. In fact, I always like how people think of religions and ideals their way, in spite whether I agree or not! That is one thing you had lots of and I admit I gained much from interacting with you. It nice to know people crave their characters out from the normal out-of-the-box and create their own unique style and beliefs.

I like your style of RP. Elves are to be the epitome of light/goodness while drows represent pure chaotic evil (in my sense). Glad you did your job and held onto the flak from others.

Was also glad we were somewhat involved in the Empire building. At first I'd thought we started something going after Darmok but as time passed, I begin to realise the IMMs already had it coming for a long time. It seemed we came on when the Empire was about to be established.

=== Narissa and Thornacrull relationship ===
Since now you have deleted, I'll let you a bit about our relationship. Narissa as a mortal used you, she never really was interested in Empire. She sees it as a tool to further her own end, especially for the Scarlet Web. As a player I hate that backstabbing, but my evil personality prevails IC. That's why she never contributed much to the Empire discussions.

Empire was never meant for Narissa. She wouldn't 'fit' into the orderly style. She is much of a loner, hiding deep secrets as most girls do.

=== Thornacrull character ===
Initially you had it going. A very well-played drow healer, even with skills to pk, which most healers don't have. As time passed, I see you getting more frustrated with things of Kalmah+wife, or others claiming to be leaders of Empire. Perhaps you should tone down a bit and use more subtle means to get them back into favour.

Narissa saw this as a weakness and exploited it many times to bring you down. Not away from Empire but in her eyes of power. Initially she held you in awe and she didn't like that. Then she noticed your rashness coming up and your frustration when you get flamed, gangbanged and 'betrayed'. She used it to her advantage. You were the fly, in her terms.

So I sowed discord with Kalmah and you and Zekasiq, hinting about his inept skills and leadership. Also with Zekasiq when he/she was unempowered. Also with Sakard, Brock, etc. You played into her hands, I think. Think back and you'll begin to see the web of influence she had in your life.

Towards the later stages, you were completely rash and irritable. Perhaps it's a role, perhaps you were fed up no one notices your contributions. Well to cheer you up, I did. And manipulated you towards it and tip you oever to the extreme!

Whenever an Imm does something to you, there are 2 ways to go about it. Either you end up with something greater like a skill or gift, or title; or you end up with disfavour in their eyes. What you had with Shokai reminds me of a certain half-drow bard Mirdaulad(sp?). He too was death-marked by the Phoenix but he pulled it off, gaining respect from Shokai himself. See archived graveyard. I think you blew the one with Shokai. Others I'm not sure. In my life with CF, I've seen players disrespect gods and have seen them on the bad end of it. There are ways to show your discontent (though never in public forums is one!) of any characters. There are ways to let a certain god know your character don't like him. And all these are IC (in-character).

Suggestion : When an Imm does something bad to you, go somewhere and think through and cool down. Usually you will come up with something good RP back.

=== Thronacrull the player ===
Hope you gained a lot of experience with this character. Do try to tone down with your posts. After explaining your logs with a follow-up, refrain from posting answering threads with flames. The flame thread will die its natural death.

I hope you won't call it quits after this. I'm certain you'll begin to crave for more excitement than Thornacrull has ever had. You'll be back with a new character, I'm sure. And I know you'll be a better player than ever before.

=== Final Notes ===
Last of all, why the question marks? Well, you've gained a handful of followers who will flame your posts. Be mindful when you post in character in future. You do want people to remember your contributions to the game and not one as an enemy or punching bag.

Thornarcrull U, The Dark Preacher. I like you to be remembered by this title.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 05:57 AM

#17786, "RE: (longish)Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy ???"
In response to Reply #32

Hey.
I regret nothing. We had fun, and it's one of the best characters I ever had.
When I'll return, if it will ever happen, I'll forget everything and will re-learn again since beginning - how to equip, how to RP, how to use emotes or how to use 'esyay' command.
It's sad that CF have so few exploration areas. I would add some, but I'm not good enough to sit up there in asgaard yet (though I have some badass ideas; I even have an area described).

About you using Thorn... hell. You never had feeling that you are being used? I knew that you do not care for the Empire. I even took your life once 'for the good of the Empire', when Kalmah were alive yet (you know what I'm talking about!). I knew that you are using and me, and Foundation, and I didn't mind. I suppose, something I didn't realise nor know even now, but you won't know everything either.

Thank you for the interractions, I learned much from you and yes, I enjoyed our discussions. Don't forget about mortals up there, even if those mortals are ####ing morons and bitches, whom I sincerely hate!

DugruainMon 19-May-03 04:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
71 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17757, "Boulwrin = Merzofyzan ="
In response to Reply #0

As Boulwrin, I was impressed with the abilities of Drow healers, so I rolled one.

As for the Maus trap, well.. that was fun. Merzo and you hadn't been getting along IC for awhile really, so I didn't see anything to loose by having you whacked out and taking your uber set of gear at the time.

As for being Arvam's favorite... maybe? I just RP'd the best I know how, and it seemed to get me quite a bit of Immortal attention. For the limited time I had the Mask in question, it talked to me quite often.

Well, don't let what people are saying get you down. And good luck with whatever.

Dugruain

Dranthaax (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 02:41 PM

#17750, "What I'd like to know"
In response to Reply #0

Did you *REALLY* sell that belt for 25 gold (or was it 30? I don't
remember now)?

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 05:29 AM

#17784, "Ha!"
In response to Reply #23

Yes, I did. But I ordered that guy to buy the belt from me, since he were seeking Empire. So we tricked you.

Lruthlor (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 02:08 PM

#17747, "What can I say?"
In response to Reply #0

You seem to think posting under your character's name was a good thing, but all I can say is it probably ruined a lot of possible good RP ops in the game. When I first ran into Thorny you gated to me and we started fightin and you seemed baffled why I wasn't running form you and/or why you couldn't best me. You claimed you had been sending other paladins fleeing, well right there and then Lruth swore that he would not be quelled by an upstart healer. You came back at me Orc in tow, we fought a bunch of time and I really thought you were going to turn out to be a cool nemesis. But then I started reading your posts and realized that what I thought was good roleplay was actually character traits of you the person not Thorn. The more you posted the more I had no desire to RP with you, just kill you. The best thing is I don't think you ever succeeded in killin me, even with a pack. But also I don't think I ever managed to land the kill on you, even though lots of people you were with died as a result of either your agression or my coming after you.

Anyhoo, it got to the point that I didn't even want to hunt you, simply because I hated the fact that your OOC persona had ruined whatever IC intereactions we might have had. Sure people post under there character names, I do although only when there is something pertinent for me to say, not just mindless waffling or whining or trolling. So I have to agree with Zek on that.

Sylvrin (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 01:57 PM

#17746, "Well I have to say I disagree with at least one thing"
In response to Reply #0

>----- ACOLYTE -----
> See maran. No difference.

First off your assessment of all Maran as being gangbangers is false. They certainly aren't going to stand one maran against 4 to 6 in an Imperial/Scion gang though.

And then you say that Acolytes do the same? You are totally wrong there, Pal. At least in my experience. Sylvrin has died more times by being ganged when she was alone by Imperial/Scion deathsquads than in any other way. And she has never once ganged anyone. You and I both understand why this happened to her, but don't be saying that all Acolytes are gangbangers because that is a total crock of bull.
I've been on both sides of the fence too, so I know what I know and that statement is just totally false.

I'm not saying you have to like them or play one, but dont't be lying about them OK?

Your character was wierd and Sylvrin never really trusted him and he was one of the main reasons her life changed so drastically after Zeqasik was gone. I won't say anything more because I don't wish to reveal anything further about Sylvrin right now since I'm still playing.

shokaiMon 19-May-03 01:55 PM
519 posts
#17745, "hasta la bye bye"
In response to Reply #0

Shokai¡K how could you become¡K that?? Where are that shining paladin, destroyer of the darkness, bringer of light? You remind me a little kobold now, who found a railgun and shooting everyone from his burrow.

It astounds me how little you understand Shokai's roleplay, it astounded me when you actually seemed surprised when Shok cut out Thornarcrull's tongue after Thorny called Shok dishonorable. I'm not going to go into a deep rambling post explaining Shok's roleplay....but for any future characters you roll, I will suggest two things in dealing with me:

1) If you're evil, and don't want to be snarled at and possibly impaled or other physical harm done to your characters, it's probably best not to get into a conversation with Shokai. (As a side note here, all you paladins out there who feel the need to harrass dark gods....you're just asking for whatever happens to you)

2) Calling Shokai dishonorable is roughly akin to sending Zulghinlour a tell 'hey buddy, I bet thoses axes are too dull to split my head in one chop'. It's just not a good idea to taunt gods.

The more I watched Thornarcrull the more I realised that I don't think you quite got the fact that the 'silencing' of Thornarcrull was completely IC. I actually was hoping you'd run with the roleplay of being a tongueless priest and play up the roll of trying to regain your voice back. Needless to say, I was disappointed when you tried every trick imaginable to get around the fact that you had no tongue. It reminded me of playing cops and robbers when I was 6 with plastic guns where I'd point and say 'pow! I got you'...only to enter a 2 hour arguement with my cousin of why I actually didn't get them.

'I was wearing a bullet proof vest!'
'Nuh-uh, cause I was shooting teflon coated hollow points!'
'Yeah? Well I'm actually a robot!'
'Well, my bullets are equipped with EMP generators'
'I'm immune to those'
'No you're not'
'You're right, but you missed anyway'
'I DID NOT MISS!'
etc etc etc...

All in all, I thought the character Thornarcrull was given a lot of chances to really shine on the roleplay front, and you dropped the ball on a lot of them. As for your ranting about paladins and 'dishonorable' maran....whatever man.

ZulghinlourMon 19-May-03 02:36 PM
9792 posts
#17749, "I am continually amazed by..."
In response to Reply #18

>2) Calling Shokai dishonorable is roughly akin to sending
>Zulghinlour a tell 'hey buddy, I bet thoses axes are too dull
>to split my head in one chop'. It's just not a good idea to
>taunt gods.

Mortals who think taunting, talking back, being insubordinate to an Immortal isn't going to result in any sort of repercussions. Sakard pulled something similar to me recently and got slain for it. I'm sure he was surprised it happened, but it is perfectly within my roleplay to do it.

Immortals also have roleplay. If we're visible...we're in character. If you start spouting off to them, they have every right to use their immortal powers to do whatever fits their roleplay. For me...it's usually a slay, a pincer, or something similar.

>All in all, I thought the character Thornarcrull was given a
>lot of chances to really shine on the roleplay front, and you
>dropped the ball on a lot of them. As for your ranting about
>paladins and 'dishonorable' maran....whatever man.

I second this. Thornarcrull was given so many opportunities, and still all I can think is...this guy is a tool.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

SakardMon 19-May-03 03:35 PM
Member since 08th May 2003
38 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17753, "And I'm cool with that!"
In response to Reply #22

Fun fun!

confused (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 03:36 PM

#17754, "RE: I am continually amazed by..."
In response to Reply #22

>
>I second this. Thornarcrull was given so many opportunities,
>and still all I can think is...this guy is a tool.

First off, I'm not trying to flame so please take this as intended, it's a serious question. I'm no roleplay genius, but I try hard and so do lots of others, often times we don't do anything impressive enough to get any immteraction. The question I would pose to both you and shokai is... If this guy is such a total tool, why did he get more Immteraction than 90% of the characters out there combined?

Shokai is absolutely right when he says getting your tongue cut out by the Ultimate god of light is a great opportunity for roleplay. In fact any immteraction at all is a great opportunity for roleplay. And thornarcrull has something like eight titles, even if they are titles for being a loser, that's an IC loser we are seeing. Someone the imms watch and pay attention to. I'm just making the point that from what I saw, thornarcrull got tons and tons of roleplaying _rewards_. All those titles, he got to talk to imms about bringing in the empire. The message the Imms are sending when they do that is, if you want immteraction, act like Thornarcrul. I think it's a little odd for you guys to come on here and say he was an idiot when the Immstaff gave him tons of rewards for being that way. What gives? He couldn't have been that bad?

shokaiMon 19-May-03 03:48 PM
519 posts
#17756, "hrm..."
In response to Reply #26

You know how in kindergarten there was the one kid who could never get good attention from teachers or classmates, so instead they resorted to doing things to annoy others? As such they got tons and tons and tons of attention, but none of it the type that I'd personally crave.

For me, the way Thorny got interaction from me was at one of the sadly rare moments that I was fully vis, sending me a tell bitching about Marans having no honor. Naturally you can imagine that Shokai could care less (IC) what some evil twit has to say about honor and/or Maran. After trying to give the hint that he was making no headway...eventually I got slightly annoyed (OOC), and completely enraged (IC) and hacked his tongue out.

Even though he did it in a way that probably wasn't the best for a character's health, Thornarcrull did stand out. Standing out is a way to get immteraction....though the way you stand out is the attention you get. Stand out in a negative way (calling Shokai dishonorable as an evil, for example) you get negative attention (tongue cut out, and 'death marked')....if you stand out in a positive way (say...Ulthur for example, who excelled at being a Maran and a paladin) you get positive attention (leadered, tattooed and Talon'd). You've no doubt heard the phrase 'squeaky wheel get the oil?'...I personally subscribe to the way Minsc (BG and BGII) put it 'Squeaky wheel gets the kick!'....in short, Thornarcrull got a lot of attention and a lot of immteraction, however, whether or not it's the type of immteraction you really want is up to you.

IsildurTue 20-May-03 12:38 AM
5969 posts
#17772, "RE: hrm..."
In response to Reply #27

> Even though he did it in a way that probably wasn't the best
>for a character's health, Thornarcrull did stand out. Standing
>out is a way to get immteraction....though the way you stand
>out is the attention you get. Stand out in a negative way
> calling Shokai dishonorable as an evil, for example) you get
>negative attention (tongue cut out, and 'death marked')....

I'm not sure I'm ready to call this "negative" attention. Not that Thornarcrull did it this way, but I could see an evil character having a definite role, sticking to it, and eventually angering Shokai to the point where they get smacked. But it would be a *good* thing since that's what happens when Gods of Light and Cocky Evil Mortals mix.

Can you envision a scenario where you (Shokai) interact with an evil mortal and wind up doling out IC punishment but are actually *pleased* with the guy on an OOC level?

NarissaTue 20-May-03 01:06 AM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
#17773, "RE: hrm..."
In response to Reply #35

There is a fine thin line (really thin) between evil characters challenging good gods vs. disrespect to gods. Call Shokai dishonourable without supporting evidence or backup and you are an idiot. The tongue-cut was a small thing. I've seen a lot worse what Shokai did with numerous evil characters.

>Can you envision a scenario where you (Shokai) interact with an evil mortal and wind up doling out IC punishment but are actually *pleased* with the guy on an OOC level?

Yes, and i've seen Mirdulaud (sp?) the half-drow bard did it! Shokai the God was pissed, but Shokai the player liked the bard as he stated in his farewell note. And usually the dark gods will be notified about this particular character too, which may mean rewards or quests.

Another good example : Yaofhil. He was cursed by Valg but he became stronger and a maran leader after. Good character with strong RP sense.

shokaiTue 20-May-03 01:22 AM
519 posts
#17776, "Well ya see..."
In response to Reply #35

Nep said it pretty well...as a general rule we really don't like maiming or killing characters. As a general rule I think even the most boastful, proud, couragous and savage evil would wince when his taunting suddenly brought forth Shokai...and the business end of Shokai's spear.

There have been several very well played evils over the years that I've been forced to assault or attack or what not because they didn't back down. Some of them, it may not have been in their roleplay to back down...but once again, I'll play the god card. Now from an OOC standpoint, I will say that I've had some very cool interactions (yes some of them ended with a fight, or me whacking the mortal in question) with evils. The basic key is something I see a lot of people neglect, respect and awe. There are two places I see this ignored, and I suppose I'll take this chance to ramble at length about it.

Area One: Dealing with an immortal IC.

Think like your character would, this is a God in front of you...meaning this is a being that could crush you with a thought, send you sprawling into the void, turn you inside out, in general...someone who can do a lot of rather terrible things to you should they wish. Even if it's your patron god, there should still be a slight bit of awe and reverance. Some of the players I enjoy interacting with (evils, goods and neutrals) are thsoe that when Shokai shows up and talks, they treat the encounter like I imagine someone in Thera would treat a god showing up and chatting. It's hard to put into words, I just know it when I see it. This doesn't mean that if a god shows up you should drop to your knees and grovel in the dirt before them...since that's not in a lot of people's roleplay. However, treating a god like just another mortal, or even worse...just like another player (IC) is almost always bad juju.

Area Two: Dealing with heros.

It annoys me to no end that so many people flat out ignore the guild ranks in terms of how they treat other players. If you're a level one and you walk into a guild and two heros are sitting there...IC there'd be a bit of 'wow'. Even if you think the two guys are tools OOC, don't let it slip into IC territory. Think of it this way...one day you walk into your highschool history classroom, and sitting there is George W. Bush, Tony Blair and #### Cheny. Regardless of how you feel about these guys, you'd be pretty floored. Since here are three VERY important people and they're right there are arm's length. To some degree heros of your guild should probably be viewed in the same light.

I could say more, but this is already gone vastly off subject, did I come close to or even attempt to answer your question?

IsildurTue 20-May-03 09:59 AM
5969 posts
#17793, "RE: Well ya see..."
In response to Reply #37

>I could say more, but this is already gone vastly off subject,
>did I come close to or even attempt to answer your question?

I think so. Was just checking to make sure there's room for "positive" non-neutral-mort-vs-opposite-align-immortal interaction where the non-neutral-mort doesn't have to act like a complete wimp in order to avoid getting smacked.

Saying Shokai is dishonorable without evidence is just stupid, and I can see why that would damage your opinion of Thorn OOC. But I could easily see one of my evils commenting to Shokai that he's blind to the benefits of true freedom (i.e. evil) etc. I would expect some sort of retribution, but I'd also expect it to not damage your impression of the character OOC.

Sylvrin (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 02:28 PM

#17817, "Someday I'll tell you..."
In response to Reply #49

About the Sylvrin's interaction with Beroxxus. When I'm dead and gone I'll go into detail about it in my farewell. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I have to say I think it's all in the way you handle it.

I agree that there has to be at least some sort of fear/reverence for that Immortal being that can smite you to the ground, even if you disagree with everything they stand for.

I think of it this way. If an angel or Jesus or Alah came and stood before you how would you react? Me...I'd be kneeling at Jesus's feet. An angel or Alah I would certainly have humble respect and reverence for. When you read the Bible, the evil people who see an angel or hear god's voice or something are usually more fearful than the righteous are. Why is that? Because they know they did something to bring the wrath of God down on them and they are gonna be toast. What happens when they defy the angel/god? Well, Sodom and Gommorah is a good example.

If Satan himself were standing there threatening your life, how would you react? Personally I would have no feelings of reverence for Satan, but I know I would be scared witless and I'd be calling on God to save me. I would not be all cocky, even if I were defying the evil one and standing up for what I believe in.

I totally agree with the need for respect for Heros too, and that also goes for mortal leaders of the cabals. Even if you don't like the way they do things whether it be IC or OOC, there still needs to be some semblance of respect for their position of leadership IMHO.

nepentheTue 20-May-03 12:23 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17771, "A response (and a few comments for Thorn as well)"
In response to Reply #26

A lot of what I could say has been said by my assorted imm peeps, so I'll try to supplement rather than restate...

Thornarcrull did a lot of boneheaded things. . . but, he also did a lot of things "right" in a get-immteraction sense. He was a character who showed up regularly, and over a long real-life period of time. He was a guy who definitely sought out interaction with others both mortal and immortal, even though I have to question to what degree he was roleplaying vs. just playing himself. He wasn't typically shy about being logged on with a lot of enemies around (now, whether he'd *fight* those enemies against the odds was often a different story) and that has to work in your favor -- if I decide I need a high level evil for something and you're the only one on, there's a good chance I'll toss the opportunity your way by default.

Whether he was rewarded for his some good, some bad behavior is a matter of perspective. I mean, this is a guy who got thrown out of his cabal, spent some time unempowered at high levels, had several titles (about half of which were derogatory), and ultimately lost his tongue for picking the wrong kind of fight. (Side note: People, we don't really want to kill/maim mortals. Don't RP in such a way as to corner an immortal and force them to do something mean to you. It usually makes me feel bad. :p) I don't know, would you consider that rewarded? Arguably he could be, he got interaction... arguably he couldn't be, almost everything he got out of it was a punishment. Your call.

Thorn, re: the Silent Tower, Mask, etc. stuff and everything else I had going on: I definitely tried to toss you hints and things to play off of, like I did for probably another two dozen people at the time (hey, I was on a questy kick)... you made more out of it than some people, and less out of it than some people. That's on you. If I give someone a clue and they can't figure it out, that might just be the end of it right there. If I give someone a chance to interact with an NPC, that might be their chance to earn a lot more or insure I never bother them again, depending on their roleplay. It's all up to you.

I think Thornarcrull's problems as a player all really stem from one thing: He is always very sure he is right. This isn't necessarily the end of the world or a pronouncement of failure as a human being... point of fact, one of my best friends has the same problem. You need to learn to try to see things from other people's perspectives and admit that the opinion you form from your own viewpoint may not be the 100% factually correct one every time. For example, I was watching the events that led to you being thrown out of Scion and titled 'the Coward.' That definitely wasn't a suicide defense; you had the resources available to make a real go of it. There are a lot of things you could have done to try to see to the interests of your cabal without charging in to defend (although I maintain that was viable in this case); see my comments in Jhaelryna's thread for my thoughts on that. You decided to do none of those things and instead start talking to people about gear you wanted to get. That wasn't the right choice for a character who wants to stay caballed. Granted, I also watched as you told other people (later) about the gang waiting for you if you had defended, and you overestimated the number of people raiding/near the Scion cabal, and as best as my memory serves, that were even logged on at the time. I don't know if this was a mental slip on your part or if it's just one of those lies you told until you believed it or what.

Anyway. With the 'I'm right' attitude down a notch I think you'd have enjoyed the game a lot more, but I could be wrong.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 05:43 AM

#17785, "RE: A response (and a few comments for Thorn as well)"
In response to Reply #34

>Thornarcrull did a lot of boneheaded things. . . but, he also
>did a lot of things "right" in a get-immteraction sense. He
>was a character who showed up regularly, and over a long
>real-life period of time. He was a guy who definitely sought
>out interaction with others both mortal and immortal, even
>though I have to question to what degree he was roleplaying
>vs. just playing himself. He wasn't typically shy about being
>logged on with a lot of enemies around (now, whether he'd
>*fight* those enemies against the odds was often a different
>story)

Yes. I didn't care much for punishments/rewards, since Thornarcrull, following his role (yes, he had and followed it!) didn't care, is it a good event or bad, since everything that he experienced (Arvam's religion) were EXPERIENCE. He didnt care for book's knowledge, but he wished to experience as much as possible - and he successed. Onl once I (a player, not a character) got frustrated and stepped out of the role, when five marans/warlocks came to the pit, looting my things after I entered the wrong room in some dangerous area.

About being logged and not fighting... when you are a healer, and you know that they are together, do you really need to fight? I prefered to wait for other evils to come.

>Thorn, re: the Silent Tower, Mask, etc. stuff and everything
>else I had going on: I definitely tried to toss you hints and

I know that I missed a lot of hints and used also a lot. I wasted quite a bit of my health in ST, but the way which I'm forced to use to get in... a bit boring. Just my opinion.

>I think Thornarcrull's problems as a player all really stem
>from one thing: He is always very sure he is right.

Naw naw naw. It's not a problem. Most of the time I think "damn, Nep is right here!", but Thorn would not agree anyways. I'm posting as Thorn - it's too late to change anything anyways. I'll leave forum/game at the next two weeks, and if I'll ever return, I'll return under another nickname and with another personality.

Hope you enjoyed this personality despite all the flames and such.
Arrogant, stubborn, selfish Thorn.

ValguarneraMon 19-May-03 04:41 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17758, "Re: Tonguelessness:"
In response to Reply #18

Needless to say, I was disappointed when you tried every trick imaginable to get around the fact that you had no tongue.

Some notes on this:

1) If Shokai cuts out your tongue and hands it back to you on a silver necklace, dropping it and sacrificing it is not the first step on the road to recovery.

2) If you can't talk, adding a line to your role about how you suddenly became psychic, and using pets/order or emote to simulate you talking, is a new level of creativity.

3) On the plus side, Thornarcrull convinced us to upgrade how speech-denial works. Oddly, in a zillion hours of mortal Iunna and other characters, we never had problems with mute people using the auction channel to try to circumvent an IC restriction.

4) I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought of the Iraqi Information Minister parallel.

The infidels did not cut out my tongue! Ignore the lies of the silvery media dogs, and listen to the truth of my emotes! Ganging is a tool of the capitalist Maran pigs, and I would never do it! All of my posts on forums were a psychological experiment, and disguised my master plan!

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Lruthlor (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 04:45 PM

#17760, "ROFL"
In response to Reply #29

The infidels did not cut out my tongue! Ignore the lies of the silvery media dogs, and listen to the truth of my emotes! Ganging is a tool of the capitalist Maran pigs, and I would never do it! All of my posts on forums were a psychological experiment, and disguised my master plan!

Oh my god! I just snorted milk out my nose I was laughin so hard!

Sylvrin (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 04:57 PM

#17761, "RE: ROFL...DITTO!"
In response to Reply #30

Note to self and Lruthlor: Never read this stuff while you're eating lunch, you could choke or drown yourself!

And my boss walks by my office door and gives me the oddest look! (What the heck is so funny!)

Now I gotta clean the soup (mine was soup Lruthlor) off the keyboard so I can get back to work.

Lruthlor (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 01:27 PM

#17809, "RE: ROFL...DITTO!"
In response to Reply #31

Soup huh?
What was really funny was that I wasn't even drinking milk at the time. THAT'S how hard I was laughing!

Vlad (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 11:50 PM

#17768, "RE: Re: Tonguelessness:"
In response to Reply #29

This all reminds me of when Yaofhil talked smack to you during a raid once on the Chasm, and you whisked him off to...wherever, when he became "Cursed". I saw this as a great opportunity for RPing, as did he, and it turned out to be just that. How people can come to a RP game, and NOT take every little thing that comes their way and try to make it into something epic is beyond me.

ValguarneraTue 20-May-03 02:52 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17782, "RE: Yaofhil"
In response to Reply #33

Yup. Yaofhil basically kept it up until I was in a situation where not smacking him around a little would have looked silly on my part. I tossed him into a room where nothing dangerous was.... but there was a lot of danger around him, and word/teleport wasn't an option.

The intent was for him to have to gather a rescue party to save his surly butt. Yaofhil being Yaofhil, he charged out and got himself killed eventually.

At the end of the event, I was of two minds:

1) Yaofhil was a well-played character, and challenging me was something that was not wholly incompatible with his role.

2) Challenging an evil god directly as a mortal is not a good plan.

The dividing line, and why I got a negative impression that day (which later changed as I saw him handle other situations very well), was that the character didn't demonstrate any element of fear or awe. He just talked to me the same way he'd talk to some level 3 duergar. It was like watching The Exorcist, except when the devil manifests itself, people just flip it the bird and go back to eating their Froot Loops.

This is a tricky call. You could just say "Yaofhil is like this guy I know, who will talk crap to -anyone- no matter how tough or important." However, I believe that analogy fails when you're in a world where you can be face to face with gods. Judging by historical examples where (otherwise brave/tough) cultures encountered other cultures with vastly superior technology, no one saw a cannon demonstrated and said 'Sissies. That cannon couldn't harm me. I don't take nothin' from noone!' to my knowledge- they either ran in terror, stared slack-jawed in awe, or did everything possible to convince Mighty Cannon-Owning Guy not to harm them.

It's like why we have IC morale. It's very easy to decide that your character is cheery, even though he's starving, diseased, beat half to death, and exhausted. But that's only because you're not wearing his shoes, and, IMHO, not deep enough inside the character's head. Ditto making threats at divine beings.

VladamirTue 20-May-03 11:02 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#17795, "RE: Yaofhil"
In response to Reply #39

Yaofhil had a part to his role, I don't know if it was actually IN his role, but something he once told Esmi and some others about, that made it clear he didn't give a damn how badly he got hurt. He was a "hugger". Hopefully he'll see this and explain, because when he described it to me I was laughing so hard I wasin tears, but it COMPLETELY explained his style of play, and fearlesness.

That aside, I do tend to agree greatly with some people not taking gods seriously. You see this to a great degree with mortal lowbies, talking a whole lot of smack to heroes. It's like some 10 year old, 75 lb weakling standing in front of Ahnold Schwanzisbigger, poking him in the belly and saying "Nyah nyah, you are nothing, because you can't touch me". I think people ought to RP proper fear and deference to those who could utterly annihilate them if they weren't "protected by the gods". It seems to me like an OOC mechanism, being used as an IC excuse for bravery. I wouldn't mind seeing something done to help curtail this sort of false bravery.

Sossaphrin (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 05:36 PM

#17842, "agreed"
In response to Reply #50

I had some lowbie refusing to leave an area, which he was staying in specifically to prevent it repopping while attempting to extort something from me in return for him leaving.

Admittedly said area had money that we both wanted, but as a lvl 36 ap I could have annihilated a lvl 11 gnome thief. Well, it might have been close really. I am a drow after all. ;*)

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 06:31 AM

#17790, "heh"
In response to Reply #29

You furrow your brow as you look through your possessions.
----------------------------------------
This object, a silver chain holding the severed tongue of Thornarcrull can be referred to as 'special tongue thotongue'.
It is worth 0 copper, and is of the 0th level of power.
It is made of carrion and weighs 5 pounds 15 ounces.
It is immune to purging.
It has a chilling aura of evil.
When worn, it protects you against piercing for 1,
bashing for 1, slashing for 1 and magic for 1 points each.
When worn, it affects your damage roll by 1 points and your hit roll by 1 points.

This is why. It would not work anyhow, though I said 'doh!' soon as I sacrificed that.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 11:39 AM

#17797, "I see your point and agree, but..."
In response to Reply #18

I'm a sinner, and again I dare to have my own opinion. I apology. Here is it.

Thornarcrull deserved punishment, no doubt.
He stopped spekaing to you, but you are tough guy, and you MUST have the last word. Keeping talking to Thornarcrull, you provoked him to answer (I believe you knew that he WILL answer to your words).
When I decided that I had enough and further conversition will end bad (judging by the log - as I said, I do not remember anything), you came and did the butcher's job.

I agree with the punishments. I agree with Valg's and his decidion to remove me from the chasm, though I do not agree with the reason (Thornarcrull was not a coward, that's for sure). I didn't mean unempowerment when I took an oath, since it was a price.
But you totally ruined the character by stripping ability to speak. I disagreed with that and found few holes - do you really believe I would not manage to use pen and paper? Nonsense.

Punishments shall be part of the game, but if they will be forcing players to leave (my case), such punishments shall not exist.

Bad me, again I said a blasphemy and didn't lick your boots. But alas, I don't want to know it's taste.

shokaiTue 20-May-03 01:59 PM
519 posts
#17814, "wherein we go to the log for commentary:"
In response to Reply #52
Edited on Tue 20-May-03 02:05 PM

But you totally ruined the character by stripping ability to speak. I disagreed with that and found few holes - do you really believe I would not manage to use pen and paper? Nonsense.

Had you only been using pen and paper, I would've thought the character was doing a damned good job with what you were given....as it stands you somehow became telepathic via emotes, and while I'll grant you that when one system of the body is damaged others grow to compensate....I've yet to hear of anyone losing their tongue and developing psychic powers.

As for the getting the last word bit, and not licking my boots...uhm, I'm going to post our conversation so you'll remember it, because I don't know if you just completely misunderstood what happened, or have no memory of it. Your actions forced Shokai into acting...essentially, you kept pressing the conversation until the outcome could only be one thing. I'm editting the imm stuff in this log, but I'm posting all the conversation bits...so it starts:

Thornarcrull tells you 'Are you glad now, Shoaki? Are you happy that your marans slaying guardians of the guilds just to little bother me? You brought true evilness to the lands. I applaud you.'

You tell Thornarcrull 'you would do best to never catch my eye, fool, lest I sever all that displeases me abouit you'

Thornarcrull tells you 'Oh, you'll order your soldiers to raze the whole galadon to take my life perhaps? What is the light, if it's requires blood of innocents to be sacrificed?'

You tell Thornarcrull 'if you care so much about the way of the Maran, perhaps you should spend more time upon the path to redemption? As it stands now, you are nothing but a buzzing gnat in my ear, one that will be swatted soon.'

Thornarcrull tells you 'I will never ashame myself with seeking 'redemption'. I asked a simple question, why are marans slaughtering innocent citizens, suchas city guards or guardians of the guilds.'

You reach down and smite Thornarcrull!

Thornarcrull tells you 'if you have no answer... very well. Very impressive.'

You tell Thornarcrull 'the Maran do what they need to do, you questioning them is much like the town fool questioning the village elders.'

Thornarcrull tells you 'It's a curiosity. I do not see difference between you and darkest lords I met in my long life... we will meet. Meanwhile, I'll take care of your pawns.'

You tell Thornarcrull 'the difference that should be most obvious to you, fool, is that unlike them...I will not tolerate much more of your blathering, and if you persist...I will present you with your own tongue to wear as a necklace.'
***take special note of this line right here, it becomes muy important***

Thornarcrull tells you 'Obviously, last word is after you, since I cannot do much against your godly power. But I despise your way and way of your hypocricy, even if I am a fool. Goodbye, Shokai... nice to speak with you.'

You tell Thornarcrull 'you dare call me a hypocrite? Your blindness serves you well.'

Thornarcrull tells you 'Protection of light? What is light? Bloody slaughtering innocent dark elves because of their skin?'

<1 20000> <9 AM> Asgaard>> immy stringing stuff the Protector of the Faith, Bloodoath, Death Marked by the Phoenix
Thornarcrull's title has been strung

{FORTRESS} Shokai: the fool Thornarcrull has pushed my ire beyond the point I will tolerate

{FORTRESS} Shokai: offer him no quarter and no mercy

cutting out the really cool various responses of assembled Maran, which by the way guys, I was proud of you all for how you dealt with that order from Shok, made me smile

{FORTRESS} Shokai: and when you slay the filth

Thornarcrull tells you 'At least I do not deny my own flaws and sins. I do not hide behind high morale excuses, and do not seek them to cover my actions.'

{FORTRESS} Shokai: let him know what the Light is

You tell Thornarcrull 'you are a fool, and as each blade of light slices through your tainted flesh, I want you to remember when I told you not to catch my eye'

You tell Thornarcrull 'you know nothing of me, or my Maran...as such you sling insults over that which you do not understand'

Thornarcrull tells you 'Like they didn't try it allready! I do not insult you.'

uh-huh, read the log

Thornarcrull tells you 'I am not a fool, Shokai, and certainly not an idiot to insult you.'

in some circles we call this backpeddling too late after the fact

You tell Thornarcrull 'it is a pity you could not use the brain bestowed to you, and think upon the path of redemption offered to you'

insert Aemelius and one or two other Maran (not sure who all did the killing, I just caught the death message while doing immortally stuff) killing Thornarcrull here (I'd say maybe 5-6 minutes had passed since my last comment to Thornarcrull)

Thornarcrull tells you 'Be happy now. You and your troops have no honor, ho faith - nothing. Do whatever you wish, my soul will never be yours.'

You tell Thornarcrull 'you question my honor?'

***for those of you who know Shok's roleplay, you know that this question sounds a little like a death knell for whoever it's being asked to, however the punchline is even better***

Thornarcrull tells you 'Question? You have it not.'

You tell Thornarcrull 'the word honor curdles as it springs from your lips, you arrogant welp'

You tell Thornarcrull 'so much so that I believe no words shall ever escape your lips again'

<1 20000> <2 AM> Asgaard>> goto thornarcrull
The Hall of Healing

The corpse of Thornarcrull is here, badly sliced and hacked.
(Ghost) Thornarcrull is here.
(Translucent) (White Aura) A large man stands here, guarding the Healer's Guildhall.

<1 20000> <2 AM> Galadon>> growl
Grrrrrrrrrr...

<1 20000> <2 AM> Galadon>>
Thornarcrull says 'Glad?'

<1 20000> <3 AM> Galadon>> freeze thornarcrull

Thornarcrull says 'happy?'
FREEZE set.

<1 20000> <3 AM> Galadon>> 'you will say nothing, fool
You say 'you will say nothing, fool'

<1 20000> <3 AM> Galadon>> 'I warned you of this
You say 'I warned you of this'

<1 20000> <3 AM> Galadon>> 'I warned you to cease your speaking with me
You say 'I warned you to cease your speaking with me'

<1 20000> <3 AM> Galadon>> 'I warned you, but you persisted
You say 'I warned you, but you persisted'

<1 20000> <4 AM> Galadon>> 'so, true to my word
You say 'so, true to my word'

I toss on the no_tell, and no_say here, followed by the rest of the emotes

<1 19930> <5 AM> Galadon>> You wield a phoenix-hilted dagger.
A phoenix-hilted dagger feels like a part of you!

<1 19930> <5 AM> Galadon>> em makes a quick slice severing your tongue cleaning from the base of your mouth.
Shokai makes a quick slice severing your tongue cleaning from the base of your mouth.

<1 19999> <6 AM> Galadon>> 'no words will ever escape your lips again
You say 'no words will ever escape your lips again'

<1 19999> <6 AM> Galadon>> 'may you learn from this foolish act
You say 'may you learn from this foolish act'

<1 19999> <6 AM> Galadon>> freeze thornarcrull
FREEZE removed.

<1 19999> <6 AM> Galadon>> 'begone dog

Thornarcrull shakes his head in dismay.

<1 19999> <6 AM> Galadon>> You say 'begone dog'

<1 19999> <6 AM> Galadon>> me leaving

We then rebooted to do immy stuff, and the next day was when, true to Shok's word to the letter, I delivered the necklace to Thorny. To explain it, in case you still don't understand it...you compared Shokai to Dark Gods, and then called him dishonorable. I'm not overly sure which of those is worse, but both were pretty much going to end with something bad. When you broke out the dishonorable comment, Shok stayed true to the exact letter of his 'promise' to you earlier...ie: cutting out your tongue and giving it to you as a necklace.

It was in no way the 'crushing blow' to the character, since I left your spells in tact, I left pretty much everything in tact, except your voice. Some very successful characters have played with no voice...if anything, and I think most people will agree with me here, I gave you a roleplaying challenge...one that would've reaped a lot of possible benefits had you handled it differently. Yet instead of chosing to see it as oppurtunity, you decided that you didn't like what had happened and tried to walk around it with every possible way. As I said before, it was disappointing since I was hoping for you to grab onto the voiceless thing and run with it.

UlthurTue 20-May-03 02:32 PM
44 posts
#17818, "My impression"
In response to Reply #56

Could anyone else totally hear the wrath of a god coming down there? This is the part that really stood out to me as the big sign saying "Kick My Ass Please"

You tell Thornarcrull 'you question my honor?'
Thornarcrull tells you 'Question? You have it not.'

Seems about as unhealthy as it would be to call Valg a liar, or Guerric a coward.

Ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Nightgauntish (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 03:09 PM

#17819, "This really shows"
In response to Reply #56

how bad roleplayer he was. He does not understand that dark elves are evil, yes evil. We humans can be both good and evil. But dark elves are evil evil evil unless of course they seek redemption.

Nice work shokai.

GwynTue 20-May-03 03:35 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2003
38 posts
#17826, "Bad Rp? Not really and here's why"
In response to Reply #59

If Thornarcrull is himself a dark elf, he may not consider himself, or any other dark elf for that matter, to be evil. OOC of course that player knows he is.

But does Throny consider himself to be evil? Probably not. He just is what he is and does what he does. Selfish, arrogant, rude, obnoxious, bloodthirsty, cocky, deceitful, and down-right mean. He was probably raised to be that way and taught from birth that if he wasn't that way he was a weakling that didn't deserve to live. So in his own mind he isn't evil. He is successful, powerful, and strong. That isn't bad roleplaying at all. In fact, it is quite good. What Thorny failed to do was one of two things, either back off of Shokai and keep your tongue intact so you can bad-mouth the marans another day, or learn to live without your tongue by roleplaying through it. As Nep said he could have done some really great things with that. But I have to say sacrificing that necklace was just plain unintelligent.

This is an excellent log by the way, Shokai, and thanks for sharing it.

Smile - It can't hurt and might help.

DogeFri 23-May-03 01:01 PM
Member since 02nd Apr 2003
117 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17948, "RE: Bad Rp? Not really and here's why"
In response to Reply #60

I agree. Excellent RP on both parts. It is loosely how I would picture a meeting a god of light and an dark-elf healer. I do not agree with the backpeddling charge here either. Thorny stuck to his guns which have (and should have!) a differnet morality than those of Shokai. As to the punishment... Unsure. It does seem harsh as communication is what RP is based on and to cut that out and/or force the character to somehow replace that in the environment of the text-based MUD seems too much. I am sure there was some other punishment (repeated smiting, some form of feeblemindedness for 70 ticks etc.) that would have gotten the point across. What I find odd about such a tongue cutting (it is a good visual I do admit) is that one could make, I think , a good argument that a dark god might take pleasure in such a display on Thorny's part and undo the damage. In other words, god actions (can) seem to be a one way street with the entire staff somehow on the bandwagon. To put it yet another way, there is a fine line. Immortals must have respect and be felt as real irrespective of alignment, sphere etc. But there is some RP to godliness as well that goes beyond that. This could have went in many directions including futher interaction with a dark god etc. The punishemnt might have been too much but sac'ing the necklace was a tad dense. Great log as well!

Nightgauntish (Guest)Fri 23-May-03 01:55 PM

#17949, "Now let me say why I did not like it."
In response to Reply #63

Shokai is a God, and Thornarcrull is very aware of the Gods...he is even a priest of one. You do not approach the leading God of light with that attitude, and if you have a role that wants it(except the: I'm playing myself and want attention) you should be aware of the fact that the punishment is going to be very hard, I'd say harder than a cut out tounge, but thats just me.

The gods are also rping you know..

nepentheFri 23-May-03 03:33 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17951, "RE: Now let me say why I did not like it."
In response to Reply #64

>you should be aware of the fact that the punishment
>is going to be very hard, I'd say harder than a cut out
>tounge, but thats just me.

I don't disagree. I think one of the things we as imms struggle with in situations like this is balancing what we would do in character with what could be fun as the other player. In a pure RP sense, if an evil character of their own volition seeks Shokai out and starts sassing him, they probably should end up permanently dead on the spot. . . but, even if the character is inviting it on themselves, that's definitely no fun to play, so, some kind of compromise results.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Sat 24-May-03 08:45 AM

#17956, "But"
In response to Reply #65

...you know that I would play despite ANY punishment, if it would not totally assassinate the character (I mean, permadelete or, what happened, preventing any way to communicate, except for emote (which I've been told by an immortal IS NOT a good way to express my wishes/minds), or by the pen skill). I've been and punished, and rewarded - exactly what I wished with this character. But punisment and character assassination is a different things. Why would not Onglaurst cut off Eluna's arms, for exaple, as a punishment, so she would not attack a dark god?
Or evil gods are not so vile as marans?
A long while ago I rolled up a "mute" thief and I've been playing him about 150 hours. I did it because I wished to play such character.
But if you are a dark PREACHER, you are 600 hours old, and to keep playing you NEED to communicate (my case), you most likely will loose interest in such character.
I developed about four ways of retrieving my speech ability and prayed to some mobs, as you know, for no result.
This got me (player) bored and frustrated. My character decided that his work is done, and, since his protectors do not care for his troubles, he commited suicide.

I hope next time you, immortals, will think better of the punishments and will it ruin the character or will it be a good part of character's role.

ZulghinlourSat 24-May-03 11:40 AM
9792 posts
#17958, "RE: But"
In response to Reply #67

>Why would not Onglaurst
>cut off Eluna's arms, for exaple, as a punishment, so she
>would not attack a dark god?
>Or evil gods are not so vile as marans?

If he really wanted...he could.

>A long while ago I rolled up a "mute" thief and I've been
>playing him about 150 hours. I did it because I wished to play
>such character.

Good for you.

>But if you are a dark PREACHER, you are 600 hours old, and to
>keep playing you NEED to communicate (my case), you most
>likely will loose interest in such character.

So why put yourself in a position to do so? He warned you that he'd rip your tongue out...and you pressed.

>I developed about four ways of retrieving my speech ability
>and prayed to some mobs, as you know, for no result.

You mean the auction channel, pets, etc. I'd hardly call that "retrieving", more like abusing...hence the reason you lost those as well.

>This got me (player) bored and frustrated. My character
>decided that his work is done, and, since his protectors do
>not care for his troubles, he commited suicide.

Next time...try not sacrificing your tongue when it's handed to you. Makes it hard to reattach.

>I hope next time you, immortals, will think better of the
>punishments and will it ruin the character or will it be a
>good part of character's role.

I call ####. You need to think of the consequences of your actions of harassing and pissing off an immortal.

shokaiSat 24-May-03 05:18 PM
519 posts
#17959, "*sigh*"
In response to Reply #67

I've tried explaining, I've even tried posting the log so you'd understand what happened...and yet I'm still pretty sure you're not getting it. I can't figure out whether you just can't admit you blew it and therefore feel the need to constantly argue, or if you just really don't see what happened. I'm going to give one more attempt here and try to line-by-line reply to this comment so you'll understand (hopefully) why Thornarcrull lost his tongue.

...you know that I would play despite ANY punishment, if it would not totally assassinate the character (I mean, permadelete or, what happened, preventing any way to communicate, except for emote (which I've been told by an immortal IS NOT a good way to express my wishes/minds), or by the pen skill).

pen skill, pen skill, peeeeeeeeeen skiiiiiillllll!! For the love of all that is holy and un, man! I left you one of the most roleplay-esque abilites of communication, and left it on purpose. I left you the ability to pen scrolls. How cool would it have been to run around writing religous tracts and handing them out, or just dropping them here and there? The realm of possibilities available to you with pen is outstanding. Yet, you dismissed it totally. Emotes and all the channels are not there to circumvent speechlessness. Additionally the role blurb that read something like '...but Shokai doesn't realise he missed and only got part of the tongue, leaving Thornarcrull with a small nub' was just loony. Yeah, sure, Shokai has a habit of missing at point blank range....but I digress.

Not to beat a dead horse here...but you did sacrafice your own tongue. As Zulgh said, that makes it REALLY hard to reattach.

I've been and punished, and rewarded - exactly what I wished with this character. But punisment and character assassination is a different things. Why would not Onglaurst cut off Eluna's arms, for exaple, as a punishment, so she would not attack a dark god?

If Eluna pushed it to that point, Eluna may have ended up armless. Admittedly it would've been one of the harshest punishments ever handed out (you think the inability to speak is rough? Imagine losing 6 wear slots, AND weapons)...and I'm pretty sure we'd look for alternatives before that. The point was, IC you came up to Shokai started a conversation and despite constant 'go away' comments IC, you pressed the issue. Even after Shokai smited you...you mocked him. Shokai slapped you with a 'death marked' title...and Marans killed you. So you mock Shokai again...this time calling him the single most insulting thing IC to Shokai. Naturally you lost your tongue for that.

The key here, is you kept taking it to the next level. You had to have the last word, and couldn't just walk away from it. While that was part of Thorny's roleplay...the difference here is you weren't dealing with another mortal. No one is going to scoff and call Thorny a coward for backing down from Shokai. In fact I think IC most other evils would shake their heads in disbelief when they discovered Thornarcrull initiated a conversation with Shokai in the first place.

Or evil gods are not so vile as marans?

Shokai, when enraged at someone espicially an evil, is probably more savage IC than anything a dark god could come up with. Don't confuse 'light and good' with nice, happy huggy warm god of fluffy bunnies. It's a common misconception...and a dangerous one when you're an evil speaking to a light god.

But if you are a dark PREACHER, you are 600 hours old, and to keep playing you NEED to communicate (my case), you most likely will loose interest in such character.

See the comment about pen.

I developed about four ways of retrieving my speech ability and prayed to some mobs, as you know, for no result.

See the comment about not sacraficing your tongue.

This got me (player) bored and frustrated. My character decided that his work is done, and, since his protectors do not care for his troubles, he commited suicide.

I'm glad you mentioned this, because I think it's important to point out that during the entire episode, as a player I was both cheering for Thornarcrull (since I was expecting some really cool roleplay to evolve out of this), and shaking my head (because IC Shok was being pushed into a path that wasn't going to end well for Thorny). As a player I viewed this very much as 'reaping what you sew'...since if I was playing an evil healer and I mouthed off to Shokai (ignore the fact that technically this is impossible to do for me)...I'd take having my tongue hacked out as par for the course considering.

I hope next time you, immortals, will think better of the punishments and will it ruin the character or will it be a good part of character's role.

I still contend that in no way did this ruin the character. Maybe it ruined the character for you...but all I did was add another obstacle for you to overcome. The fact that you didn't feel like overcoming it, says that maybe the character was already becoming stale to you. I still stand by the punishment, and if it all happened again, I'd do the same thing. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. When dealing with anything (be it IC or in real life) it's good to always keep that in the back of your mind.

-TSM (Guest)Mon 26-May-03 02:19 AM

#17980, "RE: But"
In response to Reply #67

I would just like to point out a character by the name of Solian. He was an elf apostle of dawn and he had his tongue cut out by Scarab. He didn't get all fussy and wuss out and delete..he stuck to his guns and made up solid IC ways to speak. He used the pen skill to its utmost, he used his fingers to indicate which letter of the alphabet he wanted to tell me, and then he'd slowly spell out a word (it was so difficult for me to figure out what he was doing at first..). With out his tongue as a cabal leader (don't know if he stepped down towards the end or not) he played his char through to age death.

permanewbieSat 24-May-03 02:11 AM
349 posts
#17955, "Sorry, I can't keep myself from this comment."
In response to Reply #56

goto thornarcrull
The Hall of Healing

The corpse of Thornarcrull is here, badly sliced and hacked.
(Ghost) Thornarcrull is here.
(Translucent) (White Aura) A large man stands here, guarding the Healer's Guildhall.

Gate, recall, teleport, sanc, prot shield, rejuv....

and he died at his guild in galadon?

Boggles the mind.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

ValguarneraMon 19-May-03 01:07 PM
6904 posts
#17741, "RE: Note re: roles:"
In response to Reply #0

At that time, Chasm had no leader. Valguarnera said because we had no roles.

Nope. I was disappointed with the average quality of the members. As a matter of fact, the first person re-inducted (Jhaelryna) never had a role in the sense of the role command. However, she was a consistent, interesting, appropriate character, and that's what I was looking for. Please do not confuse a good written role with good roleplaying. They often come together, but one does not cause the other.

I watched you for a while after you were re-inducted, and you were very busy telling other people how you wouldn't defend the Chasm any more. Once you started making good on that promise, you should have seen the boot coming a mile away.

The bandwagon (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 12:50 PM

#17739, "Thank you for..."
In response to Reply #0

helping to bring the Empire back, Thornarcrull. I have no idea what happened between you and all those other players/Immortals so I sure won't be going into that, but I did want to offer my thanks for the work you seem to have done in bringing a CABAL back which this MUD really needed to have again.

Likewise, my thanks to all the others that were involved in Darmok and Thornarcrull's quest, both mortal and Immortal.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 01:06 PM

#17740, "I don't really think..."
In response to Reply #12

I don't really think it was dependant on me. Empire would return sooner or later, I suppose, though (I HOPE) I was a reason why Empire returned so fast (Empire returned VERY fast). I saw some of my ideas there coded, but such ideas could come not only to my bright, smart, best-in-the-world head.

"Returning" Empire were the best experience I ever had in CF, and I do not think I'll have such fun again, if I'll return someday. Only if I'll try to "return" shadow cabal...

ZulghinlourMon 19-May-03 01:35 PM
9792 posts
#17743, "RE: I don't really think..."
In response to Reply #13

>I don't really think it was dependant on me.

That would be a correct statement.

>Empire would return sooner or later, I suppose, though (I HOPE) I was a
>reason why Empire returned so fast (Empire returned VERY fast).

Uhm...no...it did not return "fast", speaking of the driving force behind the scenes. It's been on the board for quite awhile, needing inspiration, coding, and other stuff. By the time you were involved, it was basically ready to go.

>I saw some of my ideas there coded, but such ideas
>could come not only to my bright, smart, best-in-the-world
>head.

And what were these ideas?

>"Returning" Empire were the best experience I ever had in CF,
>and I do not think I'll have such fun again, if I'll return
>someday. Only if I'll try to "return" shadow cabal...

Good luck with that. Hard to bring something back without the Immortals actually being involved, as I said...it was ready before you were even involved.

SakardMon 19-May-03 03:30 PM
38 posts
#17752, "Yea, don't say you were the reason you got the Empire b..."
In response to Reply #16

fdfdf

Thornarcrull (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 06:39 AM

#17791, "It wasn't me! I did nothing! I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO TH..."
In response to Reply #24

It's official.

Sassmi (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 12:06 PM

#17736, "Don't be an asss."
In response to Reply #0

Sassmi fought damn many fights alone, you just happen NEVER to be alone. Ask Gre or the other villagers when its the Sylvan-Village war, how many times, I fought them alone. If not ask Quimo, I fought him damn many times alone as well. So if you don't know anything, just shut your trap. And its obvious enough that when you're outnumbered, you ask for you ally to help. Her way of honor is not to full loot. She is of the War Path. War is everything to her. People who knows the player, knows she sucks at ganging, ask Iell, Iell knows best. So before you complain this and that, go check out your information first. Oh by the way, its YOU who threw the insults first.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 12:20 PM

#17738, "But I am!"
In response to Reply #9

I do not care how did you fight others, but to me you NEVER came alone. I have no need to lie/blame since I'm out of there, but be honest to youreself. Not full looting is a way of honor now? Bah. I often didn't loot/full loot. Is it makes me honorable drow? I doubt that. Anyhow, you could be a good roleplayer, I did not deny it. I disagree with your/Vynmlauk views on honor, since it's a pervertation.

Bah, I shoudl say that EVERYTIHNG that I post here is only my OPINION. Thought it's obvious.

IsildurMon 19-May-03 02:10 PM
5969 posts
#17748, "RE: But I am!"
In response to Reply #11

Probably because its hard to kill a competant healer without help. Especially as a class that can't lag, unless he has insects or the moon is full. I can't blame him for bringing pals.

Lys (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 11:35 AM

#17734, "RE: [DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy"
In response to Reply #0

uhm, can you post normal so I can read it. Right now it is too much work to try and read it. At least for me, I see a bunch of symbols in a lot of the words. It makes it confusing and not a pleasent thing to read. Fix it, please.

Lysrieal

Thorn-ar-Cruel (Guest)Tue 20-May-03 11:53 AM

#17799, "Um. Excuses. I wrote that in word and cut-n-pasted. Don..."
In response to Reply #7

Try to cut it and put into the word. Perhaps it will work.

ZepachuMon 19-May-03 10:23 AM
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#17729, "RE: [DEAD] Thornarcrull U, The Public Enemy"
In response to Reply #0

Hoping to clear some things up here.

On a PLAYER note... I don't particularly like ANYONE that posts as their current character's name. How can anyone? I've said it once and I'll say it again, it only brings problems. By posting as your current character's name you're inviting a person's opinion of you to change, despite their roleplaying ability.

Onto more important things...

From a CHARACTER standpoint... You did well. You set a goal to bring about "The Empire" and stuck to it. You were a little overzealous at times, even subtly opposing an idea from the Immortals themselves. I think they tried to mold you, knowing you had great dedication to something you believed in... but you didn't believe in what the Empire is now. If you did, maybe you would have been higher up in rank. I commend your dedication and resilience even in the face of everyone being against you.

Zekasiq liked you... at first. After you came back, after Zek held things together for two weeks or so, he was pissed. (Or was I a "she" at that point? hehe.) If not when you came back, soon after, I was a woman. That brought about a major personality change on my part... on purpose. I knew that I was compromising some of my reputation by doing so, becoming more cheerful, more sociable, and so forth... but my character was extremely fun. I had lived 41 ranks without being empowered, I really didn't "care" if I was unempowered and whatever, so I never feared it. I lived in "Passion" as *always* and figured that would be enough. If not? So what. Maybe if I didn't have an absentee god things would have been different.

Finally, about Thornarcrull... while he was very dedicated, he was very arrogant. You should know that Evils only want more power for themselves. Zek used you to get to a position of power, and when you came back you tried to dive right back in. Nuh-uh! I won't go into further details, but things were set in motion by Zekasiq to keep you down. From your farewell note, "Citizen" in Empire, and whatnot, it is good to see that maybe I contributed some to your downfall (Though, truthfully, I don't think you needed my help in that.)

Um, yea. That's all.

Zekasiq.

SakardMon 19-May-03 09:29 AM
38 posts
#17728, "Hey Valg, this time is it really true?"
In response to Reply #0

On to the farewells. I'll answer your farewell then give my thoughts.

Sakard.
I don¡¦t like your character, and you know this. I suppose, you don¡¦t like me, so, vice versa.

True.

I don¡¦t think you truly understand way of the Empire, or our ideology. It¡¦s understandable, you missed a lot. But what is sad, you seems do not wish to learn anything that we are telling you, except for Khasotholas.Very sad.

Well, if I would not understand it, you would not be citizen and I Acolyte...but let's just stay here.

I didn¡¦t like you for one more reason: every time we traveled or hunted, you tried to command my group. When I¡¦ve been saying ¡¥west¡¦, you was saying ¡¥east¡¦, which pissed me a lot and confused the whole group. I had soooo much fun when I decided not to group you and you and you followed us like the little puppy to every place we were going to.

I could answer this by saying that you were not that good leader. I remember that failed ambush you did...so each time I was with you, I was giving ideas which you considered as orders. (I'm so misunderstood.) I can't tell you though why I was following.

You had enough of this and had no choice to keep your mouth closed. I almost believed that you are not so ill person, when I took the oath and lost my powers. You immediately tried to usurp the ¡¥authority¡¦ that I had.

Again, you citizen and I Acolyte.

I realized today that you are or truly idiot, or you are very young person. Perhaps you need to play dolls instead of interacting with other players.

No comment, don't want to start a flame war.

Ok, now my thoughts. Yes I hated you but...unlike you, I did like your ''I'm so evil, lookout'' actions. Yes you complained a lot, yes you wanted to control all (That is why you and I never liked each other, two bulls looking for power). Too bad, I wanted SO bad to teach you a lesson! I guess it will never happened...

Since I am a good guy, I'll tell you good job for some stuff and good luck with whatever you will try to achieve.

troll spotter (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 09:26 AM

#17727, "your talent is not as great as your ego"
In response to Reply #0

I thought you did a decent job as an evil healer, and I quite liked your character.

However, judging by this note you seem to live in some alternate warped reality:

You complain about lack of immteraction from certain imms when you are deluged with immteraction. Is it not enough that all those other imms spent time with you? You begrudge the others for not spending time with you?

You accuse people of bad rp for trying to "usurp your authority"? That's not bad rp. That is just rp that you don't like.

Empire ganged a hell of a lot. That's why I, as an evil, won't join empire. Because a huge portion of the Imperials can't kill a kobold without a gang. And yes, I do count bloodoaths as imperials because they get the protection of the imperials.

Finally, an ap doesn't need wands to get a decent unholy weapon. In particular an ap with a healer shouldn't need jack.

I agree that the fortress has been doing more than a little ganging. I've seen them gang evils 4 to 1 quite recently (in combination with sylvans). But you keep posting about goodies ganging when empire does it too. You both do it. So why both sit there accusing the other of it. Why not accept it and stop being bitter, or set an example if you want to and refuse to gang yourself?

Overall, I thought you did a decent job with the character. But I think you expect too much. I also think you overrate your deathfulness relative to the other players. I've seen you run immediately from a single enemy before (one who couldn't lag at that). Yet you feel the need to point out how many people ran from you. And somehow you feel that Sakard shouldn't have made a bid for power? And equally you insult him for being less popular than a healer when it comes to forming little cliques. Of course he's going to be less popular than a healer. He's a shaman. If you were the shaman and he the healer, I think you might have found loyalties lay elsewhere. (Personally I don't like the character Sakard either, but that is for ic reasons.)

I think it would be a loss to cf if you stopped playing. But it would be a gain to cf if you could detach yourself from the game a little more when it comes to your posts.

Daurwyn

PS: None of the characters criticised are mine, so the above should be a relatively objective point of view.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 01:12 PM

#17730, "Doh. Screw that. I didn't mean to be such badass."
In response to Reply #3

Sakard was a good character, but, in my opinion, he didn't fit into the imperial style. I accaused you not in bad roleplay... but that doesn't matter. I lost interest in flames, though I had alot of fun with provoking people such as felgaire or ulthur.
A long time ago I've noticed that having opinion, different from others is a mortal sin in CF forums. I'll burn in hell for that, no doubt.

SakardMon 19-May-03 11:26 AM
38 posts
#17732, "Was? I'm still alive and still kicking!"
In response to Reply #15

Yea, sometimes people do not take opinions though I disagree when people come flame for the sake of flaming. I know our odds sucked but flaming won't change it. Just take them one by one...

Corealis (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 09:03 AM

#17726, "Well I was going to say some nice things"
In response to Reply #0

and wish you good luck on your next. Now I just hope that we never hear from you again. If nothing else, I won't have to try to decipher what your saying on forums any more.

Oh and big clue for you. Not everyone in Maran is a paladin. In other words we aren't limited by the paladin code of conduct. If you got spanked on occasion, don't complain about it.

As for not caring about gear, except for a few occasions you were geared ungodly well. You are one of the few people I've ever seen walking around with certain items from Thar Acacia. Anyway, I'm not feeding the troll any further, piss off.

Corealis (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 11:58 AM

#17735, "ok now a constructive response, heh"
In response to Reply #2

First of all your role play was awesome most of the time, I was really impressed with how you played a drow. You were very aggressive as a healer, and could catch people at really bad times. I do think you ganged as much as you got ganged by others. Many of your one on ones would start out fair enough, but would actually be you leading to a trap. Also you had this nagging tendency to gate to any evil that was getting attacked, even if it was fair odds. So the whole ganging speech doesn't really hold water.

It's a really good point not to post under your current name. It just leads to ooc opinions on an ic character, which is really hard to avoid. Another thing that seemed to not help you out is that your drow attitude carried over from ic to real life. Maybe you were always that way *shrug*. When you treat/talk to people that way, expect to get burned. You also are carrying ic hatreds to real life, which is also another not good thing. You need to take a break step back, and reconnect with reality a bit. Your a damn good role player, but learn to keep them separate.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Mon 19-May-03 12:16 PM

#17737, "RE: ok now a constructive response, heh"
In response to Reply #8

>Also you had
>this nagging tendency to gate to any evil that was getting
>attacked, even if it was fair odds. So the whole ganging
>speech doesn't really hold water.

I tried to keep the dark side strong, and make it stronger. As you see, I deleted when things became more or less balanced.

>It's a really good point not to post under your current name.
>It just leads to ooc opinions on an ic character, which is
>really hard to avoid. Another thing that seemed to not help
>you out is that your drow attitude carried over from ic to
>real life.

I posted under my character's name on purpose, which I have no interest to explain here. I had more fun than you can imagine by using my character's nickname. I did it earlier, and I decided to repeat this kind of experiment. Do I like flames? Sometimes I do, since it's funny to hell. From time to time I couldn't believe that such morons can exist, who treat my posts seriously... ah well, their own loss, I suppose. Cya.

And no, I'm not a good roleplayer. I'm a player, who are playing to have fun. Though only with this character I realised fun that can be gained by the roleplaying. Cya.

TheerklaMon 19-May-03 01:52 PM
1055 posts
#17744, "RE: ok now a constructive response, heh"
In response to Reply #10

>I posted under my character's name on purpose, which I have no
>interest to explain here. I had more fun than you can imagine
>by using my character's nickname. I did it earlier, and I
>decided to repeat this kind of experiment.

While I never agreed with you posting under your current handle I never really thought too much about it. Put in this light however, I'm not so sure that it wasn't out and out cheating. If your posts were to intentionally inflame others, create enemies you wouldn't otherwise have IC, and in general make your character more infamous and gain greater notoriety than you would achieve strictly IC, how does this not break the rules?

Granted most cheating if of the variety of using OOC means to make their character's lives easier rather than harder, but still, knowing you were posting under your char's name intentionally leaves me shaking my head some.

UlthurMon 19-May-03 08:19 AM
44 posts
#17725, "God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of S..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm sorry, I couldn't help but think of the good old Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf the Iraqi information minister, after reading this post. It's probably the funniest thing I've read in quite some time, thanks!

Thornarcrull, I now inform you that you are too far from reality.

www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com

Ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17723 Previous topic | Next topic